• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The 'United Kingdom'

pr1celess

Dark Match Jobber
Ok so I was thinking a while ago, now that there is representation from all for British nations, how about a 'United Kingdom' heel stable?

Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Drew McIntyre and Mason Ryan.

All big guys, all with their own individual gimmicks. I think it would also be more of a democratic stable, Sheamus and Wade fighting for leadership, and Mason being the hired muscle.

I am tired of British guys always having the 'I'm British, I love the Queen and Americans are peasants' gimmick.

They could be ruthless and cerebral, and have Drew as the crazy guy ready to fight anyone.

Yeah i definently like that idea, it would have the potential to be the first truly dominant stable since Evolution and would definently make RAW more interesting.

Wade, Sheamus and Drew are already well established intersting and accomplished characters and with Ryan playing the dumb muscle there would be no boring filler superstars necessary in the stable ala Otunga in Nexus.

The only problem like youve already suggested is that Wade and Sheamus are both already established main eventers and Drew's getting there too so sticking them all in a stable together could possibly hinder Wade or Drew in particular's push for a big title. I dunno if you could have them dominate both brands or something to resolve this?

Still a very interesting idea though and the tension within the group would make for some really watchable tv and some great feuds/rivalries.

This wouldn't quite work... it'd need to be Finlay as he is Northern Irish... but I have long pushed for Regal to manage a stable involving the Brits...

I think we are more likely to get a Sheamus/Drew team and maybe Regal managing a heel Harry Smith down the line against the Harts...

While you are at it chuck in all the samoans, they are part of the commonwealth, LOL.
Nah, I like the idea though. You'd have to have Sheamus be the leader though, he is the King after all. Give Finlay and Regal one last programme before they retire. Make them relevant. And potential for some awesome cameos from Roddy Piper.
Incidentally, where is Hornswoggle being billed from??? Are they trying to pass him off as Irish??? Just wondering.

Would love to see this but to much in fighting from the members. Sheamus would never listen to Wade and Wade would never listen to Sheamus. So Mason and Drew would have to be the tag portion of the team and as much as they have pushed Drew I don't see him just wearing a tag belt.

No.

TNA have a group and it wouldn't work, WWE could have Sheamus & Drew team up, I think Drew would get a good rub for that kind of team, but not as a stable.

Yeah if they could make it work it would create a great opportunity to utilise Regal in kind of an experienced wise man type role similar to Flair's in Evolution. Also if they could convince Piper to ocme back in some sort of managerial capacity acting as a promoter and mouthpiece for the group in Jimmy Hart fashion that woul;d be awesome.

Geography, people. Geography. Sheamus isn't from the UK. He's Irish and I'm sure he wouldn't take too kindly to being called British (Irish people hate that). Therefore, he cannot be a part of a stable for British wrestlers.

The three remaining Superstars are exceptionally boring. Both in and outside the ring. That said, McIntyre is probably the most talented out of the group and could be a big singles star if given time. Mason Ryan is greener than the Irish and Wade Barrett, well... he's Wade Barrett. :shrug:

This stable would be remarkably dull. Well, save for one thing. If you're set on a British stable, throw in William Regal. Awesome in the ring and genuinely entertaining out of it, the guy would also bring some experience to the very green group. Yes, in the OP you said that you're "tired of British guys always having the 'I'm British, I love the Queen and Americans are peasants' gimmick". However, Regal has shown that he is more than just that by being a ruthless looking bastard in the ring.

Overall, I'd say no to this idea. During my time on this forum I've seen (and said no to) the "Anti-Americans", the "New Nation of Domination" and the "World Elite". This just adds to the collection. But, if it has to be done, for love of God (and her Majesty The Queen herself) add good ol' Bill Regal.

Are you serious? Im not trying to troll/spam, but your listing a bunch of guys from different countries that you think should be in a stable because they have accents that sound similar to you? lol.

But then again...this is the american audience the WWE mostly targets...

And apparantly you guys cant tell the difference between an irish guy, austarlian guy or a british guy. So i guess it could work... lol.

Apparantly, according to you.. "The United Kingdom"= Everyone else not in North America! Lets throw in Santino and Kozlov while were at it k?:lmao:

As the other posts have rightly said, the UK only consists of Wales, England and Scotland. I think maybe "The British Empire" or "The Empire" would be a better title. This still unfortunately wouldn't be correct as Sheamus is from Dublin, which is Southern Ireland and no part of Britain/UK. I'm sure that, regardless of the facts, the storyline writers will just say and do what they like anyway.

The great thing is that Wade Barrett, Sheamus and Drew McIntyre (if they just give him some freedom on the mic) are all exceptional talkers and more than capable of being part of or leading a believable faction. Mason Ryan could just continue in his silent "hired muscle" role as he does now - sorry mate, you're not there yet by some way.

How about Steven Regal? What an amazing leader and competitor he would make. Even David Hart Smith being son of the British Bulldog, could figure somewhere. Good call by others to mention Roddy Piper also, despite him being as Scottish as Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

The TNA version really didn't do a lot with the British Invasion; Magnus and Doug Williams are not quite on the WWE Brits level (Although after watching Doug for over ten years in English Independents, he has upped his game, done brilliantly and hats off to him). I think the WWE should do it while they have the chance; The Corre is pretty irrelevant & disappointing and The Nexus is a poor imitation of what it was and needs to go.

This actually wouldn't be a terrible idea. Effective "foreign" stables have been successful before "Hart Dynasty, UnAmericans, etc.). The problem is, stables need a main event star, and I think that's the experiment WWE tried when Nexus first debuted. Nexus worked for a while, but Wade Barrett, as good as he was/is, he wasn't well-versed enough to be the leader of the main event heels.

Once someone comes around that can make it in the main event with no problem, this could be a pretty awesome stable. It'll debut around the fall season, when American patriotism rises, with the 9/11 anniversary, and the elections and what not.

Are you serious? Im not trying to troll/spam, but your listing a bunch of guys from different countries that you think should be in a stable because they have accents that sound similar to you? lol.

They are from different countries technically, but with the exception of Sheamus, they are all part of the UK.

Leave out Sheamus, he's as British as John Cena. If you included Finlay (Northern Ireland) along with Barrett, McIntyre and Mason Ryan then you would have someone from each of the 4 countries of the UK. Have Barrett as the leader of the stable with Finlay acting as the older mentor (much like Flair in Evolution). I like this idea very much but I don't see it being done.

It's ideas like this that make me miss the old Survivor Series. It was great for getting "Dream Teams" like this together without really having to make it a full fledged stable, keeping it from hindering any of the superstars involved. You get to enjoy it during the build up and after the pay off it's done and not gone on too long so it doesnt get old.

But, yes, it's just as good of an idea for a stable as any. It could be interesting for sure

As the other posts have rightly said, the UK only consists of Wales, England and Scotland. I think maybe "The British Empire" or "The Empire" would be a better title. This still unfortunately wouldn't be correct as Sheamus is from Dublin, which is Southern Ireland and no part of Britain/UK. I'm sure that, regardless of the facts, the storyline writers will just say and do what they like anyway.

No its not, why can people never learn the difference between Great Britain and The United Kingdom. Its fairly easy, the full name of the United Kingdom is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It says it right there but I'll make it even simpler:

Great Britain: England, Scotland, Wales
United Kingdom: England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland

Therefore the OP is correct, even if he is wrong by saying Sheamus is British when he is Irish.

In terms of any group, it could work but only if they mention like they trained together or have a common interest such as (taking a leaf out of the new Hart foundation book) America treating them bad, not getting the opportunites because they weren't born in America and so on. I would agree that any such group would need Regal, the man is a natural on the mic, a natural heel or face and can make such a group work.

No its not, why can people never learn the difference between Great Britain and The United Kingdom. Its fairly easy, the full name of the United Kingdom is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It says it right there but I'll make it even simpler:

Great Britain: England, Scotland, Wales
United Kingdom: England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland

Therefore the OP is correct, even if he is wrong by saying Sheamus is British when he is Irish.

In terms of any group, it could work but only if they mention like they trained together or have a common interest such as (taking a leaf out of the new Hart foundation book) America treating them bad, not getting the opportunites because they weren't born in America and so on. I would agree that any such group would need Regal, the man is a natural on the mic, a natural heel or face and can make such a group work.

No, Sheamus is from the REPUBLIC of Ireland, he doesn't belong in either Great Britain or the United Kingdom.

Personally I like the Idea of a UK Stable ala 4Horseman. But its sad how our society would except a UK Stable form of all big white guys, but when someone else mentions lets redo the Nation or a Latin group its races and unethical.

Solid idea, truthfully. The name could be worked on and the geography of it would need to be handled better. The angles and what have you could be tweaked, but the idea isn't too bad. The only problem with this is that four young guys with legit futures (potentially) would all be assigned to one show.

It'd be a little hard to balance the show. Could be worked around, I'm sure.

Still, if I had my way, I'd prefer to see them either sink or swim on their own. Drew would be the odd guy out as he has the least going for him at this point. Barrett has already been involved in a couple of groups and this might pigeon-hole him. Sheamus is a bit too big for a group at this point. This type of group, anyway. Though, storylines could make it work, I suppose.

Ryan might not be ready to be a figure-head, so I think the "hired muscle" idea would work, theoretically.

Not the worst idea, though.

I think something like this could work, yeah Sheamus is irish but I think him holding the US title could push him further on with an anti-american gimmick. I'm not sure Barrett should be in there, I think as someone said earlier, he's been a part of two groups already and never done it on his own. Regal and Finlay would be a must for me. Their skills and experience could really big Sheamus up, and make for some amazing promos. I don't rate McIntyre or Ryan that highly at the moment, but I think including them could give them something to do without shitting on the rest of the faction.

Well, it could work if you put William Regal in it. These guys could then have a voice. I personally don't think Barrett or Sheamus is capable of leading a stable (as in mic-work). Regal would be the perfect candidate for it. Barrett or Sheamus could hold the World title, Barrett or Sheamus could be in a main-event fued, Drew, well the I.C title and Ryan, just the body guard. To make it even more dominating, have Santino and Kozlov turn heel and make them credible. Put them into the group as tag champions. A full European stable could work better than "The United Kingdom". What say?

This could be a good idea if it is done propperly, for that to be done it would have to be on smackdown as there are less big names on the show.

But you would have to show them as being a legitimate threat for instance have the stable get all the titles. Wade barret having the world, drew McIntyre the IC and Finlay and Ryan as the tag team champions. (ala Evolution)

Again as has been said before you need to have william regal in the group as he would be the mouthpiece and could also be used to train up Mason Ryan.

PLus after about a year or so you could then have the group split and have say McIntyre turn face and say that he is tired of being held down by barrett just as the english always do to the scots and then you have a ready made feud that could last a bit of time.

However this will only really work if WWE push it hard. if this is one of those things that goes mid card it will just flop

What you Americans' don't understand is none of us UK countries like each other. There is no unity between our countries and hardly anybody considers themselves British, most of us only care for our own country. For example, the Scots hate us English and we don't like them either. Therefore the idea of a stable on the basis of a misguided cliche seems like a terrible idea for me. Besides, Barrett has been in stables ever since NXT finished so it would actually be nice to see him on his own in the near future as he is capable of becoming a dominant heel on his own, instead of having people back him up all the time.

But then again...this is the american audience the WWE mostly targets...

And apparantly you guys cant tell the difference between an irish guy, austarlian guy or a british guy. So i guess it could work... lol.

Apparantly, according to you.. "The United Kingdom"= Everyone else not in North America! Lets throw in Santino and Kozlov while were at it k?:lmao:

I'm English, hence my enthusiasm for a legitimate stable representing the UK.

I wasn't actually aware of Sheamus being from the Republic, but I'm sure bigger issues have been overlooked in the past.

I think they could be a group that aren't necessarily 'best buds' but want to work together regardless of whether they're 'Team William Wallace' or not, to show that the UK has produced some of the best wrestlers on the roster.

They could also talk about how British wrestlers have been held down in the past, and sterotyped by tartan, belfast bar fights and the monarchy. I don't see this as a cheap heat machine - I see this as four intense guys from the same land who are doing well in WWE aligning themselves to ensure 'domination'.

After reading the posts I agree perhaps Barrett could be replaced by Regal, who would also represent a bit of experience in the group, as well as being the 'mouthpiece'. I think at a time when WWE are hugely focused on merchandise sales this could really be good for business, and I'm sure most Brits would back them.

What you Americans' don't understand is none of us UK countries like each other. There is no unity between our countries and hardly anybody considers themselves British, most of us only care for our own country. For example, the Scots hate us English and we don't like them either. Therefore the idea of a stable on the basis of a misguided cliche seems like a terrible idea for me. Besides, Barrett has been in stables ever since NXT finished so it would actually be nice to see him on his own in the near future as he is capable of becoming a dominant heel on his own, instead of having people back him up all the time.

Ok, I'm from dundee in scotland and have to say that yes most of what you said is true.

But you can easily just make it that these guys are banding together so that they are not lost in the shuffle. Or use the real life bond that at least 2 of them have that they came up on the UK indie scene together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back