• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it time for the United Kings?

BigBombB

Pre-Show Stalwart
For a long time I've had this idea and, given the current landscape of the WWE, it could finally work. Sheamus is on his way down the card, Wade Barrett is on his way up, and Drew McIntyre is still lost in the shuffle despite his young age and talent. Stick these three together in a stable and they could absolutely dominate.

McIntyre has been stuck with some really lame gimmicks and storylines that ended up hurting his credibility more than helping his career in the long run, he could benefit from an association with Sheamus' long term main eventer status. Sheamus has never had a gimmick other than "white guy from Ireland" so why not make the most of it, plus people question his mic skills, something Wade Barrett is proving he has in spades. Wade Barrett has had so many failed singles runs despite being treated like a big deal most of his WWE career, being able to fall back to teaming with the other two to stay relevant might just be that extra bit needed to get him to the top of the card.

Now that Evolution has temporarily reformed, the Wyatt Family is super over, and the Shield are on the brink of main event success, the United Kings could be an absolutely amazing addition to this mix, bringing a more hard hitting, brawling style mixed with a unique make-up of people who aren't just unique looking North Americans. Everybody wins.

I like Sheamus and Barrett teaming together. Drew McIntyre has been overrated since day 1. He's lucky that he keeps getting a paycheck by jobbing to midgets.

I like Sheamus and Barrett teaming together. Drew McIntyre has been overrated since day 1. He's lucky that he keeps getting a paycheck by jobbing to midgets.

Seriously. Drew McIntyre gets brought up on this board way too much as someone who should be re-packaged and pushed. He's skinny, has a little head, has a horrible speaking voice, doesn't do anything special in the ring, has no "silent charisma", and his singles run was a snooze-fest. Enough w/ this guy on here.

Ireland isn't part of the United Kingdom! There's a long history of bloodshed and lots of Irish people died to get our independence. I don't mean to get up on this soapbox but it really annoyed me to see Sheamus in that United Kingdom stable in the video game.

Throw someone else in there like Mason Ryan, Oliver Grey, Adrian Neville or another British/Scottish/Welsh/Northern Irish star.

An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman....sorry couldn't resist (it's an old joke over here in England). To be honest I don't really want to see a stable with these guys. Although Barrett has flopped a couple of times before, he seems to be putting all of the pieces together this time. I'm not saying he's ready for the main event but he's a good choice for the IC title. Sheamus has the skills to be a solid main event player but he's becoming dangerously close to being lost in the shuffle. His persona has grown stale and he would benefit from a heel turn. Unfortunately too much damage has been done to McIntyre, he's been portrayed as a jobber for too long. It's a shame considering the push he was given in 2009/2010, I wonder where his career would have ended up if he'd won MITB in 2010 as was scheduled at one point (Powerslam magazine did an interview with ex-WWE writer whose name I forget. Kane was first choice to win the MITB briefcase but it was decided a week before the show that the briefcase should go a younger guy, McIntyre being the new choice. However on the day of the show it was decided that too many heel's were winning matches and to balance things out Kane was given the win back. The ex-writer said this didn't make sense to him as Kane cashed in on babyface Rey Mysterio and turned heel in the process)

Ireland isn't part of the United Kingdom! There's a long history of bloodshed and lots of Irish people died to get our independence. I don't mean to get up on this soapbox but it really annoyed me to see Sheamus in that United Kingdom stable in the video game.

Throw someone else in there like Mason Ryan, Oliver Grey, Adrian Neville or another British/Scottish/Welsh/Northern Irish star.

To be fair, PART of Ireland is in the UK and wrestling isn't above doing some revisionist history about which part Sheamus hails from.

To be fair, PART of Ireland is in the UK and wrestling isn't above doing some revisionist history about which part Sheamus hails from.

Yeah I wouldn't put it past them. I mean the 'Swiss Superman' Cesaro was German for a week or two. Still though casting an Irishman in a UK stable would undoubtedly ruffle some feathers over here. It'd be like putting Bret Hart or Chris Jericho in a Team USA stable. Wouldn't go down well.

Except, part of Ireland IS in the UK. No part of Canada is in the USA. It's perfectly reasonable to say that he's from NI instead of the rest of Ireland.

I don't think WWE really care for geography that much. When they were in England once, I remember them saying that Loch Ness was 'just up the road' (576 miles to be precise) from London. Plus Finlay quite often had the tricolour on his titantron when he's actually from Northern Ireland.

Back on subject though. I have often banged the drum for the idea of a British stable, but I would go a different way. You've got Barrett who's a Preston fan, Sheamus - Liverpool, McIntyre - Rangers, Neville - Newcastle... why not get a football hooligan stable together

Reactions: TLC
'Part of Ireland is in the UK'? Erm, no it's not - the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland might share the island but are two seperate nations.

If Finlay had the Irish tricolour on his singlet it's likely his own political statement, not the company 'revising history/geography'.

IF a UK faction were to work, I'd use Mason Ryan (Welsh) instead of Sheamus - but I don't think there should be too many factions, they tried it in 1997 and it was overkill.

Except, part of Ireland IS in the UK. No part of Canada is in the USA. It's perfectly reasonable to say that he's from NI instead of the rest of Ireland.

Uh, no. The "rest of Ireland" is an entirely different country, the Republic of Ireland. You're confused because the island they share is also called Ireland. When people say Ireland is not part of the UK, they're talking about the country, not the island. That's like saying Canada is part of America(because it's in North America) and thus it's perfectly reasonable to say John Cena is from Canada instead of the rest of America. And that's speaking to the factual inaccuracy, not even mentioning the tensions historically between the Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. Suffice to say, it'd be a much bigger issue to say Sheamus is from Northern Ireland than John Cena is from Canada.

I'd be fine with a Wade Barrett/Sheamus/Drew McIntyre stable, although I'd prefer a Barrett/Sheamus tag team, to be honest. McIntyre just doesn't have what it takes.

Just so you know, when anyone not from Ireland says Ireland, they're talking about the island.

I would be alright with this idea. Whether or not Ireland is a part of the U.K. doesn't matter.

I mean Finlay and Sheamus have the same color scheme despite Finlay being from Belfast and Sheamus being from Dublin. Last time I checked those were are in 2 different countries.

That stable don't have to be Union Jack-themed. Guys from the British Isles instead, with a common culture. The United Kings, nice name.

Don't matter Sheamus hanging around with those guys from UK, he'd be a heel at the moment, supposedly one of the top heels.

I'd love to see Regal doing an Evolution Flair-esque role in the group, like in WWE'12.

Well, in my mind the stable would be heel, so pissing off the Irish by Sheamus claiming different heritage would be part of the schtick lol

And every stable needs the guy who takes the pinfall, at least McIntyre has a good look so he won't stick out like a sore thumb as he does it. Plus, McIntyre has a sweet finisher, which he could get over with if he just hit it out of nowhere during a multi-man match.

my answer to this topic is no,,i like Shamus to a point,but i think wade barrett is just too over rated and boring as hell, its got to the point where i would rather watch a diva's match than anything barrett does and i actually turn the channel when he is on

I don't think WWE really care for geography that much. When they were in England once, I remember them saying that Loch Ness was 'just up the road' (576 miles to be precise) from London. Plus Finlay quite often had the tricolour on his titantron when he's actually from Northern Ireland.

Back on subject though. I have often banged the drum for the idea of a British stable, but I would go a different way. You've got Barrett who's a Preston fan, Sheamus - Liverpool, McIntyre - Rangers, Neville - Newcastle... why not get a football hooligan stable together

576 miles is still up the road. It's just 576 miles up the road.

And no, Stables based on nationality are boring. Not to mention anything Drew Mcyntire is involved in is probably going to be awful.

NO NO NO. No part of Ireland is in the UK. NI and ROI are two SEPARATE countries. That's like saying Canada is America just because they're part of the same land mass. And people wonder why Americans are regarded as stupid. Let me guess, ye also think Spain and Portugal are the same country because they are connected.

Also this stable won't work for another reason as Scotland getting their independence will mean they are no longer part of the UK. So if WWE did this they'd be angering a lot of fans from two countries who fought hard to not be part of the UK.

Wade Barrett - England
Drew McIntrye - Scotland
Mason Ryan - Wales

That would be an okay United Kings Stable. Barrett the mouthpiece, Ryan the muscle and Drew as the midcarder.

The Sheamus thing is too complicated for the peabrains in the IWC. Its a fucking show and acting for christs sake. Who gives a fuck.

They could call it The British Invasion or something. Sheamus is of course no more British than he is from the United Kingdom but he DOES hail from the British Isles, so it would fit. It would certainly fit better than just pretending that Dublin is in the UK in typical WWE fashion (I keep thinking of Davey Boy Smith in the run up to SummerSlam 92 in London, talking about it being in "My home town" in his thick Wigan accent), or changing Sheamus' billed origins to somewhere in Northern Ireland when he's been billed as hailing from Dublin for so long.

I like the idea of a British/Irish contingent if it gets them a bit more noticed for awhile. Barrett, Sheamus, Paige, Neville, McIntyre... even Regal in a more managerial capacity, perhaps.

Wade Barrett - England
Drew McIntrye - Scotland
Mason Ryan - Wales

That would be an okay United Kings Stable. Barrett the mouthpiece, Ryan the muscle and Drew as the midcarder.

The Sheamus thing is too complicated for the peabrains in the IWC. Its a fucking show and acting for christs sake. Who gives a fuck.

People who have had grandparents and great grandparents die for their independence care quite a lot actually. Seeing as it's just a show and acting maybe the WWE should start portraying all black people as Africans then. You know seeing as it's just a show as you say then no one should be angered if they did this. Portraying Ireland as the UK is quite a serious thing over here and the same goes for in Scotland hence them voting for their independence later this year. The only pea brained members of IWC as you put it are the ones like you who are too ignorant to realise how much trouble it would cause in these parts of the world.

I swear this idea comes up every few months, and every one turns into a Geography debate! haha its brain numbing!

Ireland and Northern Ireland are SEPERATE.

Sheamus is NOT British. He's Irish. Totally different things.

Finlay is from Northern Ireland, which is apart of Britian. Ireland is totally sepeerate and Independent from the UK.

SO instead bring back Finlay in a Ric Flair manage role.

Ireland - Finlay
Wales - Mason Ryan
Scotland - Drew McIntyre
England - Wade Barrett.

BOOM,

NO NO NO. No part of Ireland is in the UK. NI and ROI are two SEPARATE countries. That's like saying Canada is America just because they're part of the same land mass. And people wonder why Americans are regarded as stupid. Let me guess, ye also think Spain and Portugal are the same country because they are connected.

Also this stable won't work for another reason as Scotland getting their independence will mean they are no longer part of the UK. So if WWE did this they'd be angering a lot of fans from two countries who fought hard to not be part of the UK.

Is there an island called Ireland? Yes. Are there two countries on it, both containing the name Ireland in their name? Yes. Are Spain and Portugal both on an island called Spain? No. Also, the USA and Canada are the two countries that make up North America. So, if you were talking about North Americans, you could involve Canada and the USA. If I'm talking about the Irish, I'm talking about anyone from the island of Ireland unless I specifically state otherwise. Man, talk about a complex.

And the point is that they would be heels, so they would probably say shit like "The Scots didn't actually WANT their independence.".

People who have had grandparents and great grandparents die for their independence care quite a lot actually. Seeing as it's just a show and acting maybe the WWE should start portraying all black people as Africans then. You know seeing as it's just a show as you say then no one should be angered if they did this. Portraying Ireland as the UK is quite a serious thing over here and the same goes for in Scotland hence them voting for their independence later this year. The only pea brained members of IWC as you put it are the ones like you who are too ignorant to realise how much trouble it would cause in these parts of the world.

I am from England. I think you are looking into this far too much!!! This is professional Wrestling, don't take it serious now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back