Is It Time For Carlito And Primo To Put The Past Behind Them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
Ever since their split from when Carlito turned on Primo, both men have been fading away into obscurity. I thought Primo might be on his way to a push, when he was put into the Break Through challenge, but he got ambushed by Orton, and that was the end of that. Then after being M.I.A for a while, Carlito pops up out of no where to confront Cena about "hogging the spotlight on Raw". I also thought this might be going some where, but Cena beat him up that night, and then he went on to beat Carlito by pinfall in a match on Raw the next week.

Maybe it wouldn't hurt for Carlito and Primo to patch things up? Is time for them to become a tag team again? If they get back together, maybe they can pick up some momentum. Their feud (if you can call it that) went absolutely no where. As a tag team, they had the championships for a while, and seemed like they would be built up as a dominate tag team.

Should Carlito and Primo reunite? Would them being a tag team again help them get noticed again? Thoughts?

It certainly wouldn't hurt either one to put them back together. However, the tag titles have gained a good deal of importance since the Colons lost them. It would take a good deal of work for the Colons to be regarded as serious threats to DX, Jerishow or even Legacy, the Hart Dynasty or MVP & Henry. Primo or Carlito alone aren't really a threat to anyone, and the Colons tag team didn't really have a long, successful run that would give the team credibility that the two members don't have alone (see: Haas & Benjamin). They were the first Unified Tag Team Champions, so they have more credibility than two randomly selected jobbers, and as brothers there is a reason for them to be a tag team, but "form a tag team" isn't the easy path to a belt and a meaningful position on the roster that it was when there were two sets of tag titles for Cryme Time, the Heartbreakers, Haas & Rico, etc.

I never saw anything in Primo and felt he was just there to give Carlito something to do (be in a tag team). But it seems to have actually hurt what little Carlito had going for him. Both of those guys just don't have the style that "makes" it in WWE, and its cliche but both would be a better tag team and better singles guys in TNA, where there styles are respected and utilized. I think they should both put WWE behind them, if they're concerned about "making it" over making a better paycheck.

If they were put back together, they'd most likely be used as a jobber tag team. Carlito has been in and out of the dog house pretty much as long as he's been in WWE. Primo is Carlito's brother, and, in my mind, is less talented then Carlito in the ring and on the mic. Having said that, I don't think pairing them up again is going to fix things for either of them. Carlito needs to get out of the doghouse. If he does, then maybe he'll get a real push.

Should Carlito and Primo reunite? Would them being a tag team again help them get noticed again? Thoughts?

I don't think that Carlito and Primo should reunite. I didn't like their tag team that much and honestly think the only reason they beat Miz and Morrison was so that Miz and Morrison could split up into singles careers. That ended up being a good move. That's the only reason these guys won the tag title unification match, in my opinion. If they reunited then they might get a small push, then be a jobber team until they get released. It would be better for them to not reunite because it might not do anything for them other than yet another small meaningless push for Carlito.

I don't think Carlito and Primo need to reunite in order to get noticed. Either the Raw creative team needs to pick one of The Colons to push or switch one of them to another brand. I'm not saying a reunion would hurt either of them, I just think that it wouldn't help the tag team division. The tag team division is better now than it was when The Colons were champs, but that's not saying much compared to how the tag team division was in the beginning of the millenium.

I guess if two brothers are on the same brand, it means that either one of them will get pushed and either gets lost in the shuffle or both of the brothers get lost in the shuffle or aren't given much to do. The same happened to The Hardy Boyz at one point.

I don't want to see them reunite as a tag team, but more of a role on the Raw brand wouldn't hurt anybody.

Putting them back together wouldn't be a bad thing. At least it would look like someone gave a damn about the tag division...sorta.

Honestly, fire Primo and send Carlito to ECW. I doubt Carlito will do much more than he's doing now. If he's going to job at least help newer talent rather than be Cena's permabitch.

Unfortunately Carlito looks headed into the "what coulda been" category.

I think their original split up was too soon and I think its to late for them to reunite, so if Carlito ever gets out of the doghouse he should be drafted to Smackdown where he can slowly become a worthy IC title contender or champ and I think WWE should bring back the Cruiserweight Championship put it on ECW and draft all the cruiserweights there including Primo because I could see him as a good cruiserweight champ, even if this doesnt happen it seems Bourne and Primo are creating a alliance or tag team of some sort.

The only way I'd want these two guys get back together is if Vince McMahon stopped cluster-fucking the Main Event in WWE and stopped solely caring about the Big Boys and started to actually create good storyline's with the tag-team division.

If he just throws them together then there only going to be jobber tag-team to DX and Legacy or whoever, they wont be major tag-team.

When you can have good feuds with young Tag-Teams like Legacy, Hart Dynasty, Cryme Tyme and Carlito and Primo Colon you have to start paying attention to these guys, like really. But Vince being the douche he is won't even blink at them, yeah yeah sure he made Jeri-Show to bring prestige to the belts with DX but that doesn't help the tag-team division whatsoever.

So my answer is no to reuniting, but only if Vince brings the Tag Team division back.

I think its a necessity that Carlito and Primo reform their tag-team. Clearly, Carlito is never going to be better than a mid card wrestler, and it appears that Primo doesn't even have the chance that Carlito even had to make a shot as being a singles wrestler.

But, I think they need to reunite as a heel tag team. It would work where Carlito is feuding with Masters or someone, and Primo storms the ring and helps his bro out. They worked well as a team before, and there is no reason not to believe they would not work again. Being heels would give their team a new feel to it.

Though I don't think it matters much, because tag team wrestling has sucked for a long time now, and unless they are DX or JeriShow, they aren't winning the titles.

[QUOTE="Cool Guy" Jensen;1631429]I don't think Carlito and Primo need to reunite in order to get noticed. Either the Raw creative team needs to pick one of The Colons to push or switch one of them to another brand.

I guess if two brothers are on the same brand, it means that either one of them will get pushed and either gets lost in the shuffle or both of the brothers get lost in the shuffle or aren't given much to do. The same happened to The Hardy Boyz at one point.

I don't want to see them reunite as a tag team, but more of a role on the Raw brand wouldn't hurt anybody.[/QUOTE]

Yea thats what I wouldve stated as well. Primo hasnt been given any mic or promo time ever to showcast if he has any charisma or talent in that area.

Carlito on the other hand has and can,but his problem began the moment they turned him face after wrestlemania 22,since then hes had small little feuds and jobbed to HHH.

They should and could repackage Carlito to the arrogant laidback character he was given in the first place upon his debut.

Primo on the otherhand should be given mic time and fully be put into the US title mix up,that way hes more credible as a technical and aerial wrestler which we all know he is.

I would love to see a revival of the Puerto Rican Nightmares. Primo & Eric Escobar tagged under that name in FCW. Throw Carlito in the mix and you've got yourself a nice little faction. The Colons as the tag team, and Escobar as the mid-carder. It would give them all a foundation and something to do. They could all be good cocky heels.

Either bring them back, or put them on different brands, in my opinion. I don't think they have any intentions of jumping ship to TNA, because their father wrestled for the WWE I believe and doing so would tarnish their Legacy... That, and the fact that they won't really fit into the TNA crowd, most of those guys are vicious hardcore wrestlers, while the Colons are just those laid back, caribbean cheerful wrestlers. Anyway, at least put them on different brands if you don't want them as a tag team. Probably, the best thing to happen right now, was if ECW changed to NGW ( New Generation Wrestling :shrug:) and have Primo go there, with all the new guys, keep Carlito on Raw and give both brothers the push they deserve...

There's something about Carlito that makes me think that there is mileage in a singles career. Not a huge push, just a quiet program in the midcard. Primo should team up with Evan Bourne if anyone. They're a lot more similar and it frees up Carlito, a man with more than one dimension, to be able to engage other people, whilst still allowing all three of them to be fodder for the better part of the card in singles contests.

Yes they need to be a tag team again. they went nowhere with their fued and neither of them is really doing much at the moment. Even if they're just used as jobbers it would still be ok, i mean its not like wwe has that many tag teams so if they reunited it might give some new interesting match ups.

i dont think this will happen..... primo will get fired son as hasnt shown anything tht stands out.... carlito wil either get fired or hopefully will find some direction, he has solid matches an the crowd can get behind him..... give him another fued with cena that was gold back when they traded the us title back and forth

They might as well be reunited, the division could use another tag team, even if they are a jobber team, I seem to remember the Colon's being pretty over when they were together. I thought it was fucking stupid splitting them up in the first place.

My solution to this? Release Primo because he sucks ass, and make Carlito a face again and reunite him with Chris Masters. I loved their tag team back in 2006, as short lived as it might have been.

primo suck?? wow i totally this agree..i actually think he's more entertaining to watch then carlito. they definitely need to bring back the cruiserweight title back and restart the division either that or have him team with evan bourne.

carlito on the other hand i think should be sent to ecw in the draft and have him be a top heel on the brand to be established there. he's been to buried on raw and needs something fresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back