The Colons

Starchild

The Wrestlezone Savior
Carlito made his long awaited Smackdown debut tonight 9/12. But instead of as a singles competitor, Carlito teamed with his brother Primo Colon who debuted on Raw a couple weeks ago. They defeated Hawkins & Ryder in a non-title match.

What do you think of this team?

I think it could work for a little while. The biggest pluses would be something fresh for Carlito and a nice push for Primo could be in order. Both seem to have talent, but will Carlito change his attitude and will Primo have that same issue is the question here. Carlito also had on some ring attire that I must say just doesn't work for him. I'd much rather his old blue shorts back.
After a little run though, I expect Carlito to turn heel on his brother because I find Carlito works much better and is just more entertaining as a heel.

Nice to see WWE possibly adding to the tag team division though. have to see where this goes.

I liked the tag team, and I think it is fresh to see Carlito a face again. I thought the team was getting pretty good pops by the end of the match. I think that the brothers should dress more the same though, they looked kinda slapped together. They put on a good match though, and beat the champs. I see good things for both brothers coming out of this.

I like the team, they seem to gel well with each other and the most important thing is, its another tag team to the small failing division. The more tag teams the better, and this tag team can really kick off the division on Smackdown.

But i sense that they will win the tag titles soon, but then Carlito will turn on his brother and fued with him which is a shame. I think they should just stick with them as a team, as Carlito has tried time after time as a singles star and it never works out, so i think this tag team would benfit him, his brother and Smackdown's tag team divison a lot.

I like this, real-life brothers teaming up usually always works, and Carlito must of had a change of attitude since they won their first match against Hawkins and Ryder. Carlito may rather be a heel, but I think he is more successful as a face, the fans didn't take long to start cheering for him in that match, he is a likeable guy IMO. I also agree with Carlito, Primo needs to do something with his hair lol, he reminds me too much of Chavo, especially with those tights. Is tag team gold in their future? I wouldn't doubt it, they already beat the tag champs once, so there is a strong possibility they could do it again, Hawkins and Ryder have been nothing but lackluster since their debut, and being with Edge didn't do shit all for them, the faster they lose the belts, the better.

First off, you can't beat a new tag team composed of two wrestlers we know are pretty good. I honestly would expect them to win the titles at No Mercy. It seems like the general direction it's going. Maybe if we're really lucky we'll see Hawkins and Ryder wrestle a real match! We haven't gotten one of those since they won their damn titles. Hawkins and Ryder have a lot of potential but they always seem to get booked as nothings...even when they were the champs. They had that match with Jesse and Festus that turned into a Big Show rampage...the got assaulted by Edge...whee...bah. Anyway. C&P (Carlito and Primo). They make a good team, and thank God Carlito is finally on Smackdown. This is great for him, he's looking to lead a successful face tag team, I'm excited. Really good for Primo as well, I'm sure he can learn a lot from his brother and get better off from this.

I want this team to stick around. It's clear WWE needs the tag team. This'll probably mean 3 teams on Smackdown and 3 on Raw (I say 3 on Raw because it seems like WWE is covertly allowing ECW talent regularly on Raw, and Morrison and Miz have been there two weeks running, so they feel more like Raw than Smackdown, not to mention their internet war with Cryme Tyme). It's not great, but it's better than it was. C&P have great potential as tag champs; we know Carlito is a good wrestler, what we've seen of Primo looks good, I see no reason for them not to be the best team on Smackdown. As far as where they go, well...they could probably pull off a year as a team, but then I see Carlito moving on to the US scene, possibly Primo following depending on how big he gets in that year. Nonetheless, a new tag team is a new tag team, and cheers to that.

I haven't seen them, but they sound like a good tag team. They know each other well and as brothers they would be able to work together well. This could give both brothers a push, which Carlito deserately needs, but there have been a number of teams that people thought would revive the tag division, and none of them have. I just have one question, didn't Primo cut a promo saying that he hates Carlito and is better than him? Because then this team doesn't make sense.

I like them teaming up. Carlito's solid enough that he can carry most of the matches (because Primo is too green to do so and needs more time to really become something), and really, Smackdown and Raw desperately need more tag teams.

If they book them as a well-balanced team (Carlito being more about power and technical wrestling and Primo being more about speed and sporadic spots), they could be rather successful. Also, I have to agree with those that are saying Carlito is a much more believable face than a heel, as he just doesn't have a vicious streak to him - nor is he ever really booked as a coward heel, so he just doesn't fit anywhere as a heel. They could keep him as the one between the two that has an edge to him, though.

Oh yeah, and those pants on Carlito? What was that? Haha. Every so often, its nice to try something different, but that was a bad idea lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if they took the belts off Hawkins and Ryder rather quickly, then lost it to Kendrick/Ezekiel.

I think personally that if Carlito and Primo suddenly become Tag Team Champions, when the Tag team of Jesse and Festus continue to get no respect.. I'll be just a little bit pissed.

What exactly does Carlito and Primo bring to the table? They're brothers, yeah, like we haven't seen enough of that over the course of the passed 8 plus years. They have remotely matching tights? (well, they're both wearing pants anyways)

Collectively, I think you're looking at the modern day Cousin Holly team. I think Carlito and Primo are destined for one thing, and one thing only.. blowing up and fighting each other. I doubt they'll do much of anything other than implode and fight.

Furthermore, wasn't Primo a Raw Superstar? I mean, I know he had his debut match on Raw, but are there even "walls" between brands anymore?

Rey Mysterio & Evan Bourne are now apparently something of a team. Miz and Morrison are competing on all three brands. Now Primo is teaming with his brother on Smackdown, and suddenly people just want to assume it'll work as something good.. when the last time I checked, Carlito isn't about to get rewarded for running his mouth, by giving him another run (this time w/ Family) at another Championship. (tag)

Hardcore and Crash are being reborn into the Colon Family team, mark my words.

I like seeing Carlito back on SmackDown, especially as a face. They actually work pretty well as a team, and they sure as hell have outdone the Super Major Jobber Bros. in their first tag match together. Sure, with Carlito's attitude they might not get the tag team championships, but ya never know...

Heh, nice point here with the Holly Cousins. I didn't see too much Holly in the team when I watched it though...but yeah, if Carlito's gonna be stuck with the heat for his actions for the time being, teaming together and then breaking up might just be the way it goes...oh well.

And the brand extension's has been somewhat changed in recent times. Instead of SmackDown & Raw guys appearing on ECW, we see more of ECW guys on Raw and SmackDown, which can only help the failing product of at least one of the shows (hint; It starts with an "R"...) and bring some good talent to the plate. Just look at Bourne/Mysterio, Miz & Morrison...you dig me. And Primo was moved to the SmackDown roster page on WWE.com earlier this week, so he's a SD guy now. Strange, what do we even need the draft for when we have moves all the time?

If they become a permanent team they should definitely call themselves The Colons. Awesome tag names. Almost from the books of TNA.

They may as well put them together. Carlito is dull as a singles wrestler, yet is over enough to still get a push. If you put him in a team it's a demotion, but it's still a team that'll get a reaction. And face it, there aren't many teams like that in WWE. Carlito & his brother will get more of a response than all 4 of the other tag teams in WWE.

I quite like the pairing of Carlito and Primo Colon. It's very fresh especially for Carlito who hasn't done anything for a year. Primo seems to have talent and some potential as he impressed me on Smackdown. It's great how Carlito actually won the fans over by getting quite a few cheers in his return match. Thats rare nowadays. What was even more shocking is how they actually got the win over the WWE Tag Team Champions! I can see the Colons winning the tag titles in the near future, but my problem is that Ryder and Hawkins are a great team and they only won the belts not that long ago.

Hopefully these two can give the Smackdown tag team division some credibility as many tag teams have either been broken up or released this year. Carlito has talent, but not enough to shine as a singles star. Hopefully he can stay in this tag team for a year or two so he can regain he credibility back. Primo has already impressed me and seemed to get the crowd behind up after only his first match on Smackdown! There is no way Carlito will get a singles push as Smackdown is completely full of more talented mid-carders that are ready for a main event push in the near future, eg. Kennedy, M.V.P, The Brian Kendrick and Shelton Benjamin.

I can't but think that Primo is most probably the more talented of the two, but I still need to see more matches from his to completely judge on that. I actually think Carlito looks better in tights rather than those short shorts he usually wears. Hopefully this is the beginning of a decent tag team that can put on a good match and can win championship gold. This is how Carlito should be used at the present moment. He doesn't deserve to be a jobber but he doesn't deserve a high mid-card push either. The tag team division is currently the right place for both men. It's great to see the WWE really making good decisions lately just like tagging the Colon brothers together, especially on Smackdown.

Hopefully it won't go from Carlito saying 'get me out of my contract, you're not using me properly' to both of them saying 'get us out of our contracts....'

I thought it was pretty stupid to have Primo debut on Raw, slag off his brother on TV and then swap to tagging alongside him on Smackdown. Would be nice to see Carlito get a push again, and hopefully progress further than he has before, maybe even have a decent fued with someone the likes of Kennedy or MVP or Shelton. I doubt he'll want to get lumbered in another tag team like with Masters and Flair where he was made to turn on both of them, and then he stopped getting any push of any kind. I doubt he'll be satisfied with a tag run personally.

We need more tag teams because the divisom is so weak in depth at the moment. I enjoyed the match aswell, i think Carlito looked more natural as a tag wrestler. Hopefully The Colons stick around for awhile, im tired of teams breaking up to give someone a singles push, only for that to fail [Morrison].

I’m all for the pairing because it adds a much needed team to Smackdown’s tag division. Right now they look like a complete mismatch though. Both guys need some hair and/or wardrobe tweaks and I’d really like to see them come up with a double-team move. At least they’re going by The Colons so that makes them seem less like two singles wrestlers just thrown together.

I think it’s a sign of faith they didn’t job Carlito out in his return match. Most likely, this is his last chance though. If he mans up and puts in his time, this could finally result in that singles push he’s been whining about for the last year and a half. This is an even bigger opportunity for Primo though because he doesn’t strike me as a guy who’s going to get over anytime soon on his own as a singles star.

The WWE hotshot the straps on Hawkins and Ryder two months ago and they’ve done nothing since then. More and more, they seem like transitional champs. I have a feeling the WWE may put the titles on The Colons soon, possibly at No Mercy since the Raw tag titles were defended at the last PPV. This pairing may just surprise us. Hey in the beginning no one expected Miz and Morrison to work out as well as they did. But like Will said, it’s really only a matter of time before one (most likely Carlito) turns on the other. That’s just how these things usually go.

Carlito badly needs the dreads we saw a few months back when he was off TV.

I think these guys could potential be the new Edge and Christian. Carlito is funny, straight up, Primo shouldn't be too far away from him, same genes, same training. Their dynamic should work well, as Carlito is the bigger of the two, but is still considered small, they can still both get over powered and rely on their sneakiness, much like E&C.

Also, the finishers should lead to sudden endings (Useful if they turn heel), the Backstabber is as effective as the Unprettier.

I like the team of Carlito and Primo and feel that they worked well together. Was glad that Carlito is back on TV and getting used for a purpose other than jobbing.
However my problem with the pairing of the brothers is that when Primo debuted he was slagging of Carlito and we are just supposed to forget about Primo's Raw debut.

I think that the brothers should dress more the same though, they looked kinda slapped together. I see good things for both brothers coming out of this.

Totally agree/ My one major problem with the tag teams the wwe throws out at us is that they put two guys together to make a team but they don't look anything like a team....for god sakes please make somewhat of an effort to unify a team.

As for The Colons, i think this is great and WILL work. SD! really needs more tagteams.....as do all other brands....but they really need some team to feud/challenge hawkins/ryder. As a face they will feud with the champs and hoepfully win, then from there who know.

Ok so let's see.. Raw is overpowered by big names and smackdown is needings mid card and tag teams (yes raw needs teams too) and we saw carlito how long ago on televison? So seeing him back being the leader of his team with his brother by his side isn't a demotion.. He's back on tv and he's with someone new who carlito can help get higher and pushed to the top.. Jesse and festus are in some strange angle with kenny it seems like and hawk and ryder are garbage because we never see them.. So adding this team and giving them their first win over tag champs is a good thing... I enjoy carlito and when he turned face origionally it was cool but not when he had tori wilson by his side.. He's the type of character that can be nutral but everyone likes him.. He's a good wrestler and he's great on the mic.. He's held ic and us title.. Don't remember if he's held the tag title or not wit santino.. Which goin from santino to his brother is a promotion to me along wit the push they r getting.. And having the draft and then switchin sometimes after makes sence.. Cause if the wrestler gets over or their is no room for them and another roster can hold them and use them then that's awesome.. Bourne teamin wit rey just gives raw fans an idea of who bourne is which is a great idea cause he's insane in the ring.. Nitro and morrison should go to raw perminetly but ecw will be lost without them... Wwe is doing a good thing here and there should be no reason to bash what they r doing... I hope carlito and primo gets more action and then a tag title shot...

If they become a permanent team they should definitely call themselves The Colons. Awesome tag names. Almost from the books of TNA.

As long as they pronounce it like cologne...lol

Anyway, I think it makes good sense to team them together. Some of the most successful tag teams were related to each other somehow. Obviously, the tremendous success of the Hardys comes to mind, as well as the Steiner Brothers before Scotty became Big Poppa Dump, the Hart Foundation (okay, Anvil was Bret's in-law, not his blood brother, close enough) Harlem Heat in WCW, the Funks (Dory and Terry, Jimmy Jack wasn't really a Funk), the Briscoes, the Von Erichs, and the Rougeaus come to mind too. Given the shaky relationship Carlito has with the WWE, his well known unhappiness, teaming him with his brother should settle him down. He may not be a main eventer, but, being able to work with his brother every day has to put him in a good mood. I don't think Carlito can ever become a true main eventer, will probably never be a top guy. That's okay though. Some guys just aren't suited for that. He can however, remain a very talented midcard wrestler, and there is always room on the roster for those. Teaming with Primo gives him something to do, and it puts Primo in better matches right away. Primo benefits from teaming with Carlito, and Carlito benefits from teaming with Primo. Its a win-win situation, the way I see it.

All I can say is wow. After seeing that match, I'm convinced that Primo and Carlito will climb the mountain of the Smackdown! tag team division. Man, if only the Cruiserweight title was still around, Primo would be instant Champion. The guy was impressive with his speed and moves. It actually got me all excited. As for Carlito? I actually liked his pants haha. It was different from his usual, although I still like his usual more. How strange would've it been if Carlito won the WWE Tag titles on this Smackdown! re-debut? That would've made him the Champion of three separate debuts. I hope he does win the WWE tag titles though. This guy has been losing to the likes of DH Smith and others for a while, possibly as punishment? I'm not sure. He just really needs to redeem himself. I mean, how many mid-carders can proudly say that they beat John Cena for a title in as such short notice as Carlito? No one. Anyway, good pairing.

Nice to see Carlito back on TV. He does work better as a face. And this is about his level. He actually looked like he cared for once too.

But...Primo Colon? Which ****** came up with that name? Ok, I know it's their real names, but they shouldn't use them. It sounds like something an old granny might suffer in a minor subplot of a mid-ranking episode of House. "Hello, Mrs Jones, you have a primo colon. But you're dying anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter...ain't life a bitch?"

I didn't think Primo was that impressive, either. Evan Bourne but with darker skin and without the instant "wow" factor. Still, maybe they're planning to showcase his abilities piecemeal. We can but hope. Good competition for the Edgeheads, and they'll probably get the belts sooner rather than later. We'll see.

I like the team, but I hate the name. I understand that it's their real name, but it doesn't really sound very good in English. With the talent exchange switched to Raw, Smackdown needed new tag teams, as all they have left are the edgeheads and Jesse and Festus. I expect to see another tag team created soon, to ake this division stronger. The team looked like they were quite entertaining, but Primo needs a better move than the cross body.

I think we could be seeing a new dawn in tag wrestling. If Mysterio and Bourne begin to team up regularly, that makes the ECW/Raw division as strong as it has been for some time with Mysterio/Bourne, Miz/Morrison, Cryme Tyme, and Priceless. However, it's probbly going to be a false dawn, and we'll end up with finlay and hornswoggle winning the belt.

I really liked this team, they got a better reaction in one match teaming together than Jesse & Festus/Hawkins & Ryder have throughout their entire stint in WWE so far, I hope to see the team together for a long time as Carlito probably wont get pushed on his own anytime soon what with the comments he's made and Primo still looks very green out there.

Theres also the fact that both men seemed to be happy teaming together and Carlito looked better in his return match than he did for the last 6 months before dissapearing entirely.

I really like this tag team. They really impressed me last week. It's nice to see Carlito as a face again. Especially teaming with his bro. They're cohesive, speedy, and great wrestlers. And scoring a victory over the WWE Tag Champs in not only their first win, but their debut is impressive. I think WWE may be going somewhere with the Colon brothers. So, basically, the Colon Bros? That's cool.

More than before i think there is good things ahead for theses two i like the promo yesterday and carlito seemed pretty happy to be there with his brother i don think they will win the tag titles next week but soon they should have good chemistry and moves being brothers after all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back