Is it me is the Cena hate slowly fading away?

• Yes,your not the only one

• Yes... For now

• No,Still the same

• Maybe, I haven't payed any attention to/ noticed that

• Yes, because now they have a new face of the company to torture (Reigns)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well, to be fair he didnt give people too much reason to hate him(not that he did gave them reason before).

From Wrestlemania he tooked down Wyatt and got the title afterward. Afterward got squashed by Lesnar(everybody seems to love that), Ambrose beaten him but Cena was still title contender and he participated at Survivor Series but he was "filler" and Ziggler was main atraction. In grand scheme of things, most hated period was when he captured championship again and you could see "Oh no, he is gona brake Flair record" threads all over this forum. Afterward, people focused on how he got squashed and other guys who were more at focus at the moment. So, give him time, I am sure that "Cena hate" will rise again when they have him beat some "fan favorite" or give him 16th title. ;)

By your logic, people should start chanting "Let's go Creative! / Creative Sucks!" then, since Cena is only doing what creative asked him to do? Creative asked him to stand up for what's right, creative asked him to never give up, creative asked him to hug children, and so on.
Also, Apart from a few CM Punk-Jeff Hardy and Triple-H-Randy Orton matches from 2008-09, I cannot think of any other instance of Cena getting "moved aside" from the main-event spot in favour of any other talent that wasn't already established. Even then, he either held or was competing for the other World championship, so he wasn't really moved aside in its real sense.
Yeah. But since the WWE does so well in working you, you think that John Cena is in control of his character. You don't understand what the fuck you're watching, so you believe it and have a visceral reaction to it. That is WWE creative and John Cena's work ethic owning you. Make sure you tune in every Monday night to yell at Cena on your TV.

Or maybe Cena closing shows for the majority of 9 straight years, ~400 RAWs, and ~100 PPVs, winning 15 world titles in the period, with the same old and tired act, was actually too much to digest for many? Even during Punk's 434-day title reign, John Cena regularly closed shows. e.g. John Cena def. Brock Lesnar (why?) (Extreme Rules 2012), John Cena vs John Laurinaitis (Over the Limit 2012), John Cena vs Big Show (No Way Out 2012), John Cena vs Big Show vs Jericho vs Kane vs Miz (MITB 2012)... Are you seriously comparing these with WWE Championship matches featuring the likes of The Rock, Stone Cold and Triple-H?
Yeah. Because he was the top guy. He didn't get a career ending injury. He didn't choose to go to Hollywood. And HHH was on top for as long, if not longer, than Cena. And Cena is in their league, whether you like it or not. All 3 of them would tell you that he's a legend, as will every other Legend. He's a hero in the actual wrestling world. And it amuses everyone that you don't like it.

He pretty much gets the "Let's go Cena/Cena sucks' chants whenever he comes out, they will never go away. It's like the YES movement, or the cell phones when Wyatt comes out. It's more of a symbolic gesture now. If they died away fully, then Cena would wonder what's going on.

It's like Navi has stated, it's become almost a tradition for the fans to chant "Let's go Cena/Cena sucks". The WWE has accepted that, John Cena has accepted it from the beginning and the fans are slowly starting to accept that. Which could be why some may think it's quietened down, although I believe it's because every crowd is different. Some cities really hate him and let him know throughout the entire time his on air. Then you'll have those cities that just don't really bother and stick to the traditional chant. It's like he has said in interviews before, its better to get a reaction then no reaction at all.

What I see of John Cena is that getting him back to his 2005 fame is number one on Vince's bucket list.

I'd be either preaching to the choir or debating a brick wall if I tried to explain (yet again) why John is still on my shit-list. Instead I'll explain what I believe you're interpreting as a lack of hatred toward Cena.

When John Cena was riding high as the dopey rapping boy scout that seduced white suburbanites all over the bible belt, he had a lot of shit matches. The idea seemed to be that there didn't have to be too much hype, because turning the camera 90 degrees to the left to show that *GASP* John Cena is here was all they needed to do to hype an upcoming match.

In John Cena promos; John would make fun of his opponent using ten cent one liners that any dipshit could have ripped from the internet. In John Cena matches; John would be winning, then he'd sell like death, then he'd magically come back, sell like death again, magically come back again and depending on if the writers were feeling it they'd either have him do his five moves or repeat the sell like death process a few more times. His matches and promos were becoming mocking parodies of pro-wrestling or any form of perfomance art.

These days, he doesn't fly solo so often. He wanders into situations involving people who've already established themselves as someone the crowd cares enough to react to, and thus John Cena plays into the vibe as some generic good guy. Also, we haven't seen so much of Super Cena lately.

John Cena isn't hated on so much anymore because he's paired up with people who are walking hype machines in their own right. Somehow, Rollins has managed to get the "You Sold Out" chants to overwhelm the "Boring" chants. Lesnar is Mr. Pro-wrestling whereever he goes. All of John Cena's matches that I can remember in the last year have involved John doing something rare for him, he's putting on a show that doesn't revolve completely around his ego. The "Cena Sucks" chants persist because, as I believe has already been mentioned, it's pretty fucking catchy.

I don't think it's hate towards Cena it's people are tired of the same thing over and over and gave up showing their disapproval. If you can't move away from having Cena as either the top contender or champion then the WWE hasn't done a very good job of building up their roster as seems the case when they have to bring retired guys back to battle Cena. Cena can't turn because there's no faces on his level to compete with. If Cena passed away tomorrow would the company fail and Vince have to sell? That's just not developing depth within in your roster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back