• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it a good thing that Ziggler has time off?

TheNew_ApexPredator

"The Apex Predator of the WWE"
Doplh Ziggler has been absent fromm WWE Television due by a concussion on SmackDown, anyway Do you think its a good thing that Dolph Ziggler has had time off? WWE didn't really build Ziggler up as World Champion while he had the Money In The Back briefcase, he lost a lot of his past matches and the ones he one he won by cheating! Many people dont take Ziggler serious as a World Champion, personally i don't and i am a huge fan!!!!

Now my question is "Do you think its a good thing that Dolph Ziggler has had time off?" When he returns WWE can build him up again as a Champion and people can take him seriously as a Champion....
Just because he is a heel does not mean he has to win by cheating and i think WWE is doing this a lot with there heels!!!

I believe it's NOT a good thing that he's been hurt and off TV. This has killed any momentum that he had. When he won the belt I felt like there was a lot of excitement in that arena and many fans had been calling for him to win the belt for awhile before he finally cashed in the case. After he won, he really didn't have a chance to fully develop the ADR or Jack Swagger feud. For a guy that needs desperately to get over, this injury came an an inopportune time.

I agree that heels need to win more cleanly, but Ziggler is the perfect guy to play the heel who always lucks out with wins. Similarly to how TNA had Roode winning for a while. Guys like Mark Henry, Ryback, and others should be guys clean because it looks believable. Ryback shouldn't be running from Cena ever. This is common sense guys. Ziggler makes guys look great in the ring, and then squeaks out a win, how does that not make you feel bad for the babyface?

I don't think this thread makes one lick of sense.

Is it a good thing that Ziggler has time off? Yes...he sustained a concussion. If you are in any way concerned about the guy's physical well-being as well as the example that you are setting for the rest of your talent, you are glad that he is taking the time to rest, get better, and come back ready to give it 100%.

Is it a good thing that Ziggler has time off because he wasn't getting over as champion?

:wtf:

He was booked to be in a triple threat match for the WHC. This was his time to finally shine. Of course, it wasn't good timing! It makes the WWE's job getting him back into the swing of things all the more harder now!

I would say it was both good and bad. It was good personally for Ziggler, because concussions are serious business, and he should take all the time he needs to get better.

It was bad for WWE timing wise in the sense that they had to come up with a replacement match, and lost out on a huge match they were building for Extreme Rules.

However, saying that this will hurt him as far as getting over as champion, I don't think so. When he returns, he can easily easily get back over, by his performances in the ring. All it will take is a couple huge victories, and Ziggler' s natural ability in the ring.

For Ziggler, I'd say it was good. It's unfortunate that Ziggler got hurt, but his style is so demanding that he would've gotten hurt at some point. Taking time off for the concussion allows him to heal up any other nagging injuries that he has.

I think in the long run, Ziggler's concussion is a blessing in disguise. Hopefully Ziggler's absence will open up WWE's eyes. With the current champion out of commission, WWE currently has one major champion doing WWE events. And despite having only one champion, it isn't the end of the world. The Shield, have been doing a good job of carrying the SmackDown brand. They're midcard champions, yet they're still the hottest act in the company. Daniel Bryan has been getting hot again, and Fandango, Miz, and Barrett are putting on a good program for the IC belt.

Hopefully Dolph and the World Heavyweight Championship's absence shows WWE that they don't need a second tier world title to make people look like big deals, and they can work towards unifying the belts. Let them start building stars instead of manufacturing them by slapping a belt on them and expecting us to care.

Well, I suppose you could look at the concussion as something of a blessing in disguise from a creative standpoint. Don't misunderstand me though, it's lousy that he was hurt and concussions are something to be taken with extreme seriousness. However, WWE was painting Ziggler as something of a vulnerable champion and while that didn't bother me personally, it's something that does rub a lot of people the wrong way.

It's true that Ziggler did lose a lot of matches while he had the MITB briefcase. I understand that WWE want their heels to come off as weasels, especially when it comes to a heel having the briefcase but, sometimes, I do think they go too far. It's one thing to make a heel look vulnerable but, again sometimes, WWE goes to the point of making them look weak as dishwater. Again, this seems to be particularly true if you have a heel holding the MITB briefcase. Nothing wrong with having Ziggler lose now and again but, in my opinion, they had it happen much too frequently during WM season. As I said earlier, WWE sometimes goes too far when making heels look weak and protecting babyfaces. I admit that I was happy and marked out a bit as a fan when Ziggler cashed in but, for me personally as a fan, it would have been all the sweeter if Ziggler hadn't be jobbed out to guys like Orton & Sheamus over the course of the build to WM.

Ziggler made an appearance at a house show last night during a match between Big E. & Del Rio, so he'll probably be on Raw tomorrow night. As a result, I think he'll be medically cleared very soon and I'm hoping that WWE starts booking him to look like a stronger champion. Ziggler has the fan support and he has the talent to warrant a good, strong heel run with the title.

If Ziggler has no credibility as champion because he only wins by cheating, then I don't understand how being off television makes him more credibile when he comes back. He is (probably) just going to get less TV time now which, as SDS1582 mentioned, will kill his momentum. And I don't think he had much to begin with

So no I do not think it is a good thing that Ziggler is off TV. If not being able to get clean wins is bad, then being unable to compete does absolutely nothing to make him look like a more capable World Champion. It just makes me wish they would strip him of the title.

Well, I suppose you could look at the concussion as something of a blessing in disguise from a creative standpoint. Don't misunderstand me though, it's lousy that he was hurt and concussions are something to be taken with extreme seriousness. However, WWE was painting Ziggler as something of a vulnerable champion and while that didn't bother me personally, it's something that does rub a lot of people the wrong way.

It's true that Ziggler did lose a lot of matches while he had the MITB briefcase. I understand that WWE want their heels to come off as weasels, especially when it comes to a heel having the briefcase but, sometimes, I do think they go too far. It's one thing to make a heel look vulnerable but, again sometimes, WWE goes to the point of making them look weak as dishwater. Again, this seems to be particularly true if you have a heel holding the MITB briefcase. Nothing wrong with having Ziggler lose now and again but, in my opinion, they had it happen much too frequently during WM season. As I said earlier, WWE sometimes goes too far when making heels look weak and protecting babyfaces. I admit that I was happy and marked out a bit as a fan when Ziggler cashed in but, for me personally as a fan, it would have been all the sweeter if Ziggler hadn't be jobbed out to guys like Orton & Sheamus over the course of the build to WM.

Ziggler made an appearance at a house show last night during a match between Big E. & Del Rio, so he'll probably be on Raw tomorrow night. As a result, I think he'll be medically cleared very soon and I'm hoping that WWE starts booking him to look like a stronger champion. Ziggler has the fan support and he has the talent to warrant a good, strong heel run with the title.

The WWE's not going to take a chance on Ziggler being re-injured or being in danger of a permanent injury similar to what happened with Bret Hart. There's nothing wrong with saving Ziggler until he's cleared to wrestle again. Now, he wasn't on Raw tonight which I found a little unsettling as Ziggler worked house shows this past weekend as a member of Big E's posse.

And as far as his credibility as champion is concerned, I submit an example to you - Edge. Edge took every shortcut in the book and then some to win his titles, yet we don't sit here and criticize Edge for his actions do we? Ziggler will end up being that popular when it's all said and done and will be as entertaining.

What we have to do as fans is let ourselves be entertained and not think about Ziggler in a light that's taking away from what he brings to the table, which is work ethic, charisma, and a great look.

I just posted in another thread last night about the World title basically seeming non existent. It wasn't doing to well before Ziggler's absence, and now I am afraid the belt is going to mean even less. I believe Ziggler needs to come back more aggressive and get some decisive wins. This was bad timing imo, and I hope Ziggler can come back and really make an impact as World champion. Give us a reason to be interested in the World title.

Although Ziggler taking an impromptu month off doesn't help the build of his character its much better than ignoring it and risking something much worse down the line. Concussions are a very tricky thing and from experience I can tell you they fuck with your head in ways you can't imagine.

Of course you don't want to take your World Heavyweight Champion off the air especially at such a crucial time for Ziggler but unfortunately the WWE and Ziggler ultimately had to put the guys well being first which is pretty awesome if you ask me.

Luckily we got the guy back. Taking a month off didn't help him none in the fans eyes but shit happens I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back