Is HHH overstepping his boundary on the main roster?

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
I just read that alberto del rio isn't really getting the push he wanted base on the fact that HHH doesn'T like him and that Vince would love to give him the push he deserve. That kinda raise the question, is HHH overstepping his boundary when it comes to the main roster?

This as always been Vince's company. For years the guy has been to go to guy for everything concerning creative and who was getting push and who wasn't and most talents were happy with that system since they knew who was the boss. Then HHH cames into the picture and he doing a great job with NXT and i know that vince is growming him to be the guy that will replace him when he dies but it'S seem like they're always a conflict about who to push and who not the push between Vince And HHH and the talents are caught in the middle, some of the performers are starting to get angry because one guy wants to give them a push and the other doesn't. The draft was a complete mess because of this. Even shane isn'T doesn'T really want to be there because of HHH and the fact that he can't stand him

So, personally, i like what HHH did with NXT and thing it'S a fun old school type of booking and it'S alright for a small territory but he really should let vince run the main roster for now since clearly is idea for the main roster hasn'T work since he started to help vince run the company and 90% of his project failed anyway. I think WWE would be better off without HHH and vince continuing to feud over everything. HHH should let Vince run RAw and Smackdown and he should continue to do what he does with NXT, when Vince decides to retire or just plain dies then have him takeover the company.

If Vince wanted to give him a push, he'd have a push. The day Triple H oversteps his boundaries is the day Vince dies, and Trips pries the booking from his cold, dead, souless fingers.

What Xemmy said. Vince has final say. Especially with Raw. Triple H has little to do with Raw. NXT is his baby. Not saying he has no say at all...but if they wanted to push Del Rio, they would.

Alberto Del Rio was never a main event worthy talent to begin with, let alone worthy to be a 4-time World Champion. He would make a great IC Champ though.

Plus, like other posters have said, Vince McMahon has the final say. Triple H doesn't like Del Rio? So what? You think that would stop Vince from giving him a push?

Plus why do you thin the draft was a mess? That's your opinion. I think it was brilliant. Triple H took a developmental system and turned it into a money-making brand, that has become an even bigger name than entire wrestling companies like TNA. NXT is the shit right now.

And no, Triple H has not that much power on the main roster. Sure, he has influence, but if Vince wants to do something, he'll do it.

Also you said that his project failed? What the hell are you talking about? Maybe you're talking about the reinvented tag team division. Or maybe you're talking about the reinvented women's division. Or maybe you're talking about the new Cruiserweight division that's coming. Guess what, it's said that HHH had his hand in all those 3 elements, so tell me again, what exactly is it that failed?

Alberto Del Rio was never a main event worthy talent to begin with, let alone worthy to be a 4-time World Champion. He would make a great IC Champ though.

Plus, like other posters have said, Vince McMahon has the final say. Triple H doesn't like Del Rio? So what? You think that would stop Vince from giving him a push?

Plus why do you thin the draft was a mess? That's your opinion. I think it was brilliant. Triple H took a developmental system and turned it into a money-making brand, that has become an even bigger name than entire wrestling companies like TNA. NXT is the shit right now.

And no, Triple H has not that much power on the main roster. Sure, he has influence, but if Vince wants to do something, he'll do it.

Also you said that his project failed? What the hell are you talking about? Maybe you're talking about the reinvented tag team division. Or maybe you're talking about the reinvented women's division. Or maybe you're talking about the new Cruiserweight division that's coming. Guess what, it's said that HHH had his hand in all those 3 elements, so tell me again, what exactly is it that failed?

you want to no what hhh'S project actually failed, so here some exemple of HHH's projects that failed over the years.

Sin Cara: this was HHH's first project the guy was supposed to be the next rey mysterio but i tanked big time and never really worked

Kharma: another pet project of HHH that pretty much failed mostly because of her but still

Most of the nxt called up on the main rosters: Say what you want about NXT and the way it'S book, the one thing that they don'T do is prepare those guys for the main roster. Just look at all the wasted talent that got called up with a bad NXT gimmicks that was over in nxt but never got over on the main rosters: Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, The Ascension, neville, apollo crews, lucha dragons, emma, tyler breeze and that just to name those that i remember. It's all well and good that HHH as done all these wonderful thing with NXT that wrestling nerds loved but when you look at the list of graduates from NXT most of them amounted to nothing because of a stupid gimmick that was given to them in nxt and those that actually did something are stuck in the mid card. So yes He had success with NXT but the success rate when called up to the main roster is as great and that'S fall on HHH because he'S the guy that call the shot when a talent is getting called up.

Finally if you really think that HHH doesn'T have some sort of stroke behind the scene in WWE and Vince does what he wants, keep dreaming, if that was the case, Aj Styles would be in NXT instead of the main roster, Finn Balor wouldn'T get this huge push that he'S getting right now and cesaro would probably be higher on the card. You wouldn't read and heard all these thing about conflict between Vince and HHH backstage. Vince does have the final say, but alot of time, he letting HHH change his mind and it's sometimes not for the better.

you want to no what hhh'S project actually failed, so here some exemple of HHH's projects that failed over the years.

Sin Cara: this was HHH's first project the guy was supposed to be the next rey mysterio but i tanked big time and never really worked

It's not necessarily because Sin Cara didn't have the talent. He just didn't bother to learn English, and he was injury-prone. There's no way Triple H could've seen that coming.

Kharma: another pet project of HHH that pretty much failed mostly because of her but still

Again, nothing to do with Kharma being a bad signing. It was just a case of bad luck. They couldn't have known Kharma would get pregnant at the wrong time.

Most of the nxt called up on the main rosters: Say what you want about NXT and the way it'S book, the one thing that they don'T do is prepare those guys for the main roster. Just look at all the wasted talent that got called up with a bad NXT gimmicks that was over in nxt but never got over on the main rosters: Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, The Ascension, neville, apollo crews, lucha dragons, emma, tyler breeze and that just to name those that i remember. It's all well and good that HHH as done all these wonderful thing with NXT that wrestling nerds loved but when you look at the list of graduates from NXT most of them amounted to nothing because of a stupid gimmick that was given to them in nxt and those that actually did something are stuck in the mid card. So yes He had success with NXT but the success rate when called up to the main roster is as great and that'S fall on HHH because he'S the guy that call the shot when a talent is getting called up.

Yet you fail to mention Seth Rollins, Big E, Xavier Woods, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, three of the Four Horsewomen (so far), and now Finn Balor. All NXT graduates as well.

It's simple - the talent that are destined to be midcarders, become midcarders. The talent that are destined to become more, become more. WWE needs midcarders. And NXT doesn't just develop top-level talent, they give us the rest of the card as well. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Finally if you really think that HHH doesn'T have some sort of stroke behind the scene in WWE and Vince does what he wants, keep dreaming, if that was the case, Aj Styles would be in NXT instead of the main roster, Finn Balor wouldn'T get this huge push that he'S getting right now and cesaro would probably be higher on the card. You wouldn't read and heard all these thing about conflict between Vince and HHH backstage. Vince does have the final say, but alot of time, he letting HHH change his mind and it's sometimes not for the better.

Triple H has Vince's ear. You can't blame him for that; Vince needs confedants. But Vince still makes all the final decisions. If Vince didn't want Finn Balor rocketing to the top, he wouldn't have let it happen. If there's one thing we know about Vince, it's that he trusts his own gut more than anyone's opinion. And he must see something in Finn Balor, like 95% of people do.

HHH should step all over those boundaries. Stomp them into dust. The guy understands modern wrestling a hell of a lot better than Vince. Your example of Vince wanting to push ADR to the main event, if true, is a shining example of that. McMahon needs to get over this idea that he's the be all-end all of the WWE and so do the people that support him. The truth is, Vince McMahon is a decent business man, but he sucks at finding the pulse of wrestling fans. Always has. When he's surrounded by wrestling-minded people who force him to listen to their direction, the product thrives. When he thinks he knows best and tries to man the ship alone, the product sucks.

I can't see Triple H having the power or authority to veto a decision Vince wants to make, if Vince wants Del Rio pushed then he's going to get pushed. From what I understand NXT is Triple H's baby and he can do whatever but on the main shows the call still belongs to Vince, Triple H can have a say and I'm sure he says what he feels about certain talent but it's just not up to him, at that point it's up to Vince if he wants to listen or not (which I'm sure he does at times).

Take Del Rio for instance, I can understand completely if Triple H isn't a big fan of Del Rio as he often comes off as paint dry boring, if that's the case then Triple H should say something to Vince, one day he's going to be making the shots so he's at least gotta have some input. Also, there's no doubt HHH cares about wrestling and he wants to see shit improve, he's always given input even back in '95 when he was just getting started. He has made a lot of suggestions that are stupid (like trying to get Edge fired in '05 right before his push to the main event), some come off as incredibly self serving (Wrestlemania 19, beating Orton 3 weeks after his face turn, etc.) but Triple H is far from stupid and I can only assume he's smart enough at this point to know his best course of action is to do what's in the best interest of the company.

At this point given his position in the company Triple H is far from overstepping his bounds, I'd say he's completely in his bounds and him making suggestions and defending his points is not only welcome, it's essential. If Triple H was just keeping his mouth shut, sitting back, letting Vince do what he wanted and not defending what he thought was best for television (or shall I say business) I'd be incredibly worried and it would paint the picture he's really not the guy that should be taking over. The fact he has enough in him to stand up to Vince, call him out when he feels necessary and will put his neck on the line for what he believes shows that he has the potential to be a great replacement when Vince decides to retire.

ADR came back and pinned Cena clean in his first match back. Not many people have ever pinned Cena clean? I can think of Punk,Daniel Bryan, Brock Lesnar, Kevin Owens and ADR in the past 4 years. ADR is not being held back.

Vince loves cornering the market. He once wanted to by UFC to shut it down, he started XFL to replace the dead time between seasons, He bought WCW just to have the footage and names WCW owns.

Vince might have an idea to push Del Rio but I think Triple H could easily argue the fact that Del Rio is a 1 trick pony whose fan base is almost Solely based around the mexican culture, But Sin Cara and Kalisto both boast similar followings. Del Rio was big in a itty bitty pond called Lucha Underground, But once you toss him back in the big ocean at WWE he is pretty much a joke.

Del Rio can only play the Bad guy role, Sorry but he is hispanic and that is not a strong point in the grand touring of the WWE. As far as heels go, Bray, Rollins, The Club, Styles, Orton (not sure which way he will flop too after SummerSlam) and the up and coming Owens. Del Rio is just a Menudo one hit wonder. Sign him to a limited Schedule when they tour Mexico.....outside of that he is pointless.

Triple H has made NXT amazing in far less time than it took Vince to turn around WWF. So if Triple H stays right with his selections like Finn Balor, Nagasaki (don't care what his name really is) and others, I think vince has to at least give a little respect to Triple H's decisions.

Triple H holding a star back? You don't say!

No really, Triple H's entire career revolves around him being the biggest backstage bully since Hulk Hogan, and he's been overstepping his boundaries for years. so I have no doubt that he's pulling Alberto Del Rio's career under the ropes in order to keep the show going in the direction he wants.

People act like NXT has become some god send, as good as it is, it's also become the biggest ********** I've ever seen, where anyone can get over besides Eva Marie, so Triple H did a good job hiring talent, but the NXT stories have stagnated and it's become squash match city, Triple H can only take so much credit on the booking, but he's pandering to the smarks who will pay for an internet subscription service.

Vince probably "sort of" wants Del Rio to get pushed, and Triple H is probably adamant about pushing him, so Vince just says "alright, What about that Sin Kalisto Jr. kid? With the 916?"

Vince has personally said that Cesaro hasn't grabbed the brass ring, so I don't think it's Triple H's fault he's failed. Then what about Owens, Zayn and Balor? These three will be huge players in the future. What about Rollins, the first ever NXT Champion? Has he failed, too?

Or maybe we can talk about Ryback, Braun Strowman, Roman Reigns and other names that Vince had as his pet projects.

Plus, the last time I heard about a backstage conflict between Vince and Triple H was at Wrestlemania 31. Vince wanted The Rock to wrestle Lesnar for the WWE Championship (HAHA like The Rock would actually wrestle) and HHH wanted to stick with the original plan and have Roman wrestle Brock. The plan was Rock or Roman, so when The Rock wasn't going to wrestle they obviously went with Roman.

If you have another story about conflicts between Vince and HHH or HHH and Shane, please fill me in.

HHH has said Vince runs everything. If Vince decides something, then that's the final word. I don't think HHH has much say in calling guys up nor the booking when they are called up. He can argue with Vince but Vince always makes the decision.

Del Rio isn't being pushed because he is boring. Also yes HHH made some wrong decisions. So what? Not everything works. Not every guy out of NXT will amount to a main eventer. That would be dumb to expect. Bit delusional.

If Triple H was getting too big for his britches on the main roster, Vince would tell him so in no uncertain terms. Until he steps down, whether it be by choice or necessity, as CEO of WWE, Vince McMahon is THE man in WWE. Whatever ideas Triple H may come up with, whatever ideas Stephanie may come up with, whatever ideas might be brought up by any member of the writing staff at any given time, Vince McMahon has THE final say over what happens and what doesn't. If Vince wants Del Rio pushed badly enough, Del Rio will get pushed; so let it be written, so let it be done.

As far as Triple H and his "failures" go, I'm not really sure I see a whole lot of legit failures, as has already been mentioned. Sin Cara didn't take the time to learn English the way WWE officials were hoping, he botched every other move he attempted and became prone to getting hurt. Kharma had a whole bunch of personal issues and drama that had to be dealt with that Triple H had nothing to do with whatsoever. Talent like Ambrose, Reigns, Rollins, Zayn, Owens, Balor, Sasha, Charlotte, Becky have been doing extremely well. As for the NXT talent that hasn't, just because you come up from NXT is in no way, shape or form a guarantee that you're going to be a huge star on the main roster. I don't know when, where or how this line of thinking began among so many different fans, but getting called up does not mean you're gonna be wrestling for and winning World Championships. Every wrestling promotion in the world has mid-carders and every wrestling promotion in the world needs mid-carders; we sometimes toss around the term "mid-carder" and speak about mid-card wrestlers as if they've got about 20 different kinds of syphilis and we really shouldn't. Sometimes wrestlers who probably should get pushed higher don't, for whatever reason, while there are wrestlers who do get pushed higher that shouldn't; it's not just something that happens only in WWE because it's just how wrestling works and has always worked.

I don't believe that report. Triple H has said numerous times that Vince has the last say. HHH has made some mistakes, but so has Vince. What's your point?

I agree. I love ADR but at the time when he got those big pushes the window was there, they didn't have young guys like Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose, Balor to face the likes of Punk, Cena, Sheamus etc. Now they do, ADR is now what he should have been - a midcarder.

OP

What are the boundaries exactly? Do you work behind the scenes at WWE, know EXACTLY what boundaries someone has, EXACTLY what decisions are made, or are you basing this, just like everyone else in the IWC, on ''dirtsheets'', rumors, salty wrestlers doing shoot interviews and the hopes and dreams of your knowledge one day getting you the world championship in your fantasy wrestling league?

I just read that alberto del rio isn't really getting the push he wanted base on the fact that HHH doesn'T like him and that Vince would love to give him the push he deserve. That kinda raise the question, is HHH overstepping his boundary when it comes to the main roster?

I read probably the same reports you did, it has been all over the dirt sheets. But Alberto Del Rio in my opinion has two main issues. First personality wise he is as boring as watching paint dry. There was talk of bringing someone in from LU to be his personal announcer, and in my mind if you need that to get you over then maybe you're not as hot as you think you are.

Secondly he seems to be very high maintenance. He complained before when he was in the WWE didn't he that he wasn't getting the push he deserved, even though he's been a 4 time world champion. It just seems that if he's not on top he's not happy. Too hell with everyone else on the roster. Quite honestly bringing it back to point number one, not a lot of fans give a shit about him, so he's had his chances and it didn't work.

So what has happened is HHH has seen the crowd reaction to Del Rio, who they brought in to appeal to the Hispanic audience, and determined it wasn't worth the effort. I would have said something myself. The WWE trying to replace Mysterio with Del Rio was a failed experiment.

This as always been Vince's company. For years the guy has been to go to guy for everything concerning creative and who was getting push and who wasn't and most talents were happy with that system since they knew who was the boss. Then HHH cames into the picture and he doing a great job with NXT and i know that vince is growming him to be the guy that will replace him when he dies but it'S seem like they're always a conflict about who to push and who not the push between Vince And HHH and the talents are caught in the middle, some of the performers are starting to get angry because one guy wants to give them a push and the other doesn't. The draft was a complete mess because of this. Even shane isn'T doesn'T really want to be there because of HHH and the fact that he can't stand him

It still is Vince's company. All indications are that he has the final say on everything that goes out there. I have no idea where you get the idea that somehow HHH can overrule him. Maybe when it comes to NXT HHH is left alone, but on the main roster what Vince says goes. No wrestler that I've heard of has come out and said anything differently.

The draft was a complete mess not because of HHH but because of the way the wrestler's were split. The women's division, which isn't that deep to start off with should have been left on one show, and the tag division on another. Not only that they put most of the main event starpower on SD. Should have been thought out a little more.

So, personally, i like what HHH did with NXT and thing it'S a fun old school type of booking and it'S alright for a small territory but he really should let vince run the main roster for now since clearly is idea for the main roster hasn'T work since he started to help vince run the company and 90% of his project failed anyway. I think WWE would be better off without HHH and vince continuing to feud over everything. HHH should let Vince run RAw and Smackdown and he should continue to do what he does with NXT, when Vince decides to retire or just plain dies then have him takeover the company.

You almost sound like you know them personally and of the conflicts that occur between the two. Unless you do, you can't make the statements you are. And i you haven't noticed HHH hasn't been around since Mania in April, he is most likely building NXT after the draft sort of decimated it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back