Wm30 Rock/SCSA vs HHH

Who should represent Vince

• Austin

• Rock

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

jameswalsh292

Ice Tiger
There is a story on the main page regarding a possible main event at WM30 featureing Austin vs HHH.

Austin would be representing Vince in the struggle for control of the company. HHH would be heel. Arrording to the article the idea has been scrapped, however anything can happen and its still a possability.

The Rock has also been rumoured to take Austins place in the storyline, if things dont work out with Austin.

I think this would be a great angle. Take into consideration the history Austin has with both HHH & Vince, lets not forget the short lived 'power trip' team. It's also a shame that Austin & HHH never had a WM match together. Also another note to take into account is that HHH would be heel, I think HHH is far better as a heel and would be a nice break from his face character that he has been using for at least 5years now.

The Rock factor is also cool as I also feel that he should of had a 1-1 WM match with HHH at some point.

My questions are
1) Would you like to see a heel HHH and for this storyline to play out?
2) Who would you prefer to represent Vince, Austin or Rock?

I would prefer if Austin represented Vince as he is the reason I started to watch wrestling back in 99. He is my all time favourite and I think that he has more of a back story with Vince & HHH. I also think it would be great if it was the Rock.

Reminder, this is only a proposed main event and not set in stone.

The reason it's scrapped is Vince makes for the better heel, which is why the match doesn't make sense.

But if they somehow make a double switch look good on tv, I'd rather Austin instead. Both he and the Rock have a past with McMahon, but Rock's had his time in the Wrestlemania sun over the last two years.

Austin, if he wants to come back for another match, deserves to be in the limelight again. I know many are calling for a Punk/Austin match, but this would be THE match of the night outside of the championship.

But again, I just don't see how it can work since HHH is much better as a face than McMahon is.

This idea didnt make it past the suggestion phase. This storyline for control will not be still going come Mania 30. Steve Austin is also on record stating that for him to come bak, it woulfnt be for just a match, it would be a full committment to a program getting the story over with the match at the end being the big payoff. He also stated that nobody from WWE has contacted him about anything, and for him to return, it would have to be a HUGE deal and an opponent he feels he could work really well with.
Based on Austin's own words, he will not be wrestling a part timer like HHH at the biggest Wrestlemania of all time. Austin, should he return would be the main attraction, over and above the WWE title match, so he would more than likely be going on last and going over. I dont see him being on the same side as Vince either as Vince will be the heel in this storyline as shown thus far. This is just dirt sheet propaganda, I can only see Austin returning in a match against Cena to be honest. Punk has only just turned face again, surely he wont turn yet again just for amatch with Austin.......

If the main problem is that Vince would have to be a heel, then whoever is representing im, must also be heel.

Im sure we can all agree that we wont see a heel Austin or Rock.

If Vince is the heel I would pick Batista to represent Vince in this angle, I really thought Dave done a great job in his last run as a heel. There has also been rumbleings of a desire for him to return on a part time basis. Its a possability.

I agree that Vince is best suited as a heel. However, once Austin or the Rock was to represent a face Vince, all the attention will pull away from Vince and onto the superstar. It's up to the superstar to get the face reaction over the heel HHH. I think this problem is easily solved.

If Vince is the heel I would pick Batista to represent Vince in this angle, I really thought Dave done a great job in his last run as a heel. There has also been rumbleings of a desire for him to return on a part time basis. Its a possability.

Yes, please. Batista would be fucking perfect for this role. And he won me over with his 2010 heel turn. Christ, the guy was wrestling 4-star matches with Cena and cutting great heel promos.

Everything Vince has been doing over the course of the past month or so feels much more in synch with his character. Frankly, Vince is FAR more interesting as a heel than as a babyface. Even though WM is a long ways off, Vince suddenly turning face after belittle everything about Daniel Bryan from his height to his physical stature to even his looks by calling him a troll would come off as awkward and disingenuous.

If this somehow was to go down, I'd personally rather someone different than The Rock or Austin represent Vince. In the case of The Rock, it's partially because I'm kind of burned out on the guy. While it's nice to see him, I've no real desire to see him come back, eat up a ton of television time as part of the top match on the card, cash in a big paycheck and then disappear for another 8 to 10 months. I get that he's good for business but, for me personally, I'm just over the guy. It's also partially because there's a strong possibility that he won't wrestle again. The Rock's movie career is becoming increasingly lucrative and he suffered significant injury at WrestleMania, so it's perfectly logical for him not to want to risk jeopardizing that. If he did come back, I'd have no problem with The Rock representing Vince as a heel because, ideally, WWE has been very, very good to The Rock with Vince in power so it's logical to see someone as established as The Rock rally to Vince's banner.

When it comes to Austin, his most memorable feud was, in my opinion, against Vince McMahon. The beer swilling, foul mouthed, blue collar Texas redneck vs. the owner & CEO of a billion dollar company was a feud that people ate up. When they turned Austin heel and aligned him with Vince, it never clicked for me personally. Austin had established himself far too firmly as an anti-hero, anti-corporate redneck to believable portray a stooge of Vince. Would it make money? Absolutely, just for the sheer novelty of Stone Cold Steve Austin wrestling for the first time in over a decade if nothing else. Would it be an enjoyable program? Possibly but my guess is that most people would rather see Austin in a role that more comfortably suits his character and allows fans to wax nostalgic about him during his prime, and that's not with a babyface Vince McMahon.

Right now, in my eyes, the two guys who would realistically have the most weight in carrying the banner of Vince McMahon into battle would be either John Cena or Randy Orton. The reason why is because both of them have made out like bandits under Vince's administration in WWE over most of the past decade. At 36 and 33 years of age, Cena & Orton have done it all in WWE.Between them, they've won 22 World Championships in WWE, both have been Royal Rumble winners, both have been WWE Championship MITB briefcase holders, both have headlined WrestleMania on multiple occasions, they have the sort of overall "look" that Vince likes, they have the movie star good looks that Vince has looked for in top stars, they've been made into "movie stars" and all this has happened while Vince McMahon has been in power. Another possibility, one I hadn't considered until I read one of the posts, is Batista. Like Orton & Cena, Batista is someone who could do a strong job in representing the "old guard" as he's someone whose done extremely well with Vince running things. As Batista has a major part in the Guardians of the Galaxy, which is due to be released August 1, 2014, and there have reportedly been talks of Batista returning, so Vince would lap up the prospect of another wrestler turned actor that has a part of a huge big budget movie generating mainstream media for WM.

As it's unlikely that Vince McMahon will be the babyface in this whole deal, I don't see Cena as part of his banner. I do think that Randy Orton or Batista are strong possibilities as someone who has done extremely well under Vince's regime, representing Vince makes sense. On the other side, I hope that Triple H doesn't wrestle in this match because I think a much better and more interesting story would be told if Triple H had someone represent his interest. Randy Orton represents the "old guard" while someone of the "new blood" could be used to represent Triple H as a symbol of change. If my guess is right, I think it'll wind up being someone like CM Punk or Daniel Bryan; who are basically wrestlers that Vince doesn't "like" and sees as an "embarrassment" to the WWE.

Rock vs Triple H or Austin vs Triple H would be great but just doesn't make any sense Rock or Austin teaming with Vince.

With part timers coming back and a lot of worthy talent missing off the WM card I think this one should be a Team Vince vs Team Triple H.

Vince, Randy Orton & The Shield
Looks like Orton will allign himself and Vince and The Shield are a perfect match.

Triple H, HBK, X-Pac & Outlaws
Everyone here makes sense and can still go. HBK for 1 night? Surely he would for Trips.

*Yawn* another power struggle angle, yippee!!! To hell with those ideas, Vince and Triple H feuding over who's going to run WWE, why not just rein this redundant crap in and put authority figures back into where they belong, the background of things. The performers that wrestle in matches should be at the forefront of the wrestling storylines, and this whole struggle over the company ownership is just so late 90s-mid 2000s.

I'm not saying that we go back to the olden days as far as the look and presentation of every of the organization's past facets, but c'mon now...rehashing Vince and Triple H's feud from the late 90s is just an easy way out creatively. They could do a lot better, if anything comes of this and they build towards a WrestleMania feud, I know what parts of the event I'll use as a reason to take a piss break.

Since this power struggle angle is a given at this point may as well make the best of it. Personally I would be ALL for either The Rock or Austin having a match with Triple H at WM30. Both guys have a tremendous history with Triple H, both guys don't wrestle much anymore and most of all they've had little to no interaction with Triple H in a decade. You know with either Rock/Austin vs. Triple H the program is gonna at the very worst be good and the match itself is going to be good as well. A feud with either guy just works and it would still work today.

If its someone different all I want is it 2 follow 2 criteria:

1) The guy has had little to no interaction with Triple H
2) The guy is a perceived threat to Triple H and can actually be seen as someone who could beat him (like a Daniel Bryan).

I would rather not see this storyline at all but if its gonna happen might as well make it as good as possible, Austin and Rock would do that.

There's a lot of talk about heel vs. face. If build and done well there is no need for a pure face and pure heel. Take for example Undertaker in his four matches between HBK and HHH. No clear heel or face. Just two men battling for pride and supremacy. This is the same thing except there is something solid on the line. I think you have them both continue just disagreeing. Have McMahon show his side on Smackdown HHH on Raw. Again, there is no need to declare this good guy vs. bad guy.

my question is why do a match we've seen a million times each, maybe have team HHH vs team Vince/Rock, either a tag or 6 man tag, it gets more people in the match and the bosses can pick young guys they think are ready for the prime time, maybe HHH and Ambrose vs Rock and Reigns

Im surprise so many people dislike the rock returning representing vince at mania. I understand his title run was medicore and that everyone had high expectation of him in the ring and on the mic. If Vince were to go heel on this one. Doesnt that mean the one representing him would be a heel? You mean you people dont want to see HOLLYWOOD ROCK on raw one more time?

I think rock would have alot more room to work as a heel than as a face consider of his status and a portion of ppl dislike him etc.

Anyway this is all speculation and i aint betting on the rock to return in this fashion.

I think the best way the WWE could so with this, and maintain interest is to have it be:

Triple H (heel) vs Shawn Michaels w/ Vince McMahon (face)

Give Triple H the power hungry role, and have Michaels be the guy to humble him back down to earth.

If they want to go a step further, have McMahon say at one point "You have to listen to reason Triple H" and have HHH respond "I don't know who that is" and for the duration of the storyline be called Hunter Helmsley

I think having a sloppy match with Stone Cold isn't the way for Triple H to go out, and neither is facing The Rock who has recently said he's be very content with never wrestling again.

IMO having Shawn Michaels represent a face Vince is the best way to go.

Firstly, Triple H should be the babyface and Vince should be the heel if this match does happen. They work better in those roles for this storyline and like Jack-Hammer said, Vince turning face after everything he's said about Daniel Bryan would be awkward and disingenuous.

Secondly, forget Rock, forget Austin, even forget HHH. It would be a safe bet to have two guys currently in the WWE represent both Vince and HHH in the match than to rely on Austin or Rock. Rock & Austin may not even wanna return to the ring out of fear for their health, and if Austin were to return for WM XXX I'm sure people would be far more interested in seeing him face someone like CM Punk or John Cena. Plus people would shit themselves if Austin aligned himself with his greatest nemesis again, face or heel, nor would the smarky smark fans in New Orleans treat him as a heel if he were that for a match against HHH. Nobody will wanna hate Austin in his first match back. Rock would work though especially if Rock were to return as 'Hollywood' Rock. Rock had his haters last time cause of him coming & going for his movies, so now would be a perfect time to bring him back as a heel with that character. But again, he might not wanna return and risk jeopardizing his movie career.

I have two better candidates in mind for the match, to represent both Triple H and Vince - Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar.

They could always turn Orton back to face (assuming he's turning heel soon) to represent HHH cause of their history in Evolution, and Vince could borrow Brock from Heyman to represent him in the match despite the F5 Brock gave Vince earlier this year, but Vince doesn't really seem to care about that as he told Vickie a few weeks ago that bringing back Brock was a genius move. Orton vs. Lesnar would be new, exciting, and would make a lot more sense especially as Brock just had a feud with Triple H in the last year.

If Austin were to be involved I can only see it being as a special guest referee. If he wrestles again I'd prefer it to be against Punk or Lesnar, although I'm all for him just staying retired.

My pick would be Triple H vs The Rock, I admit they are two people who I have no interest in seeing wrestle anymore so them facing each other at Mania as opposed to wrestlers I like would suit me. Plus they have a lot of history, competing with each other through the IC title division, then a year long feud over the WWF title before both going on to be successful beyond the ring.

What I think would be a good idea, but probably very unlikely.

Would have neither Vince or HHH actually wrestle in the match, and do what everyone has been wanting and was rumored. Austin-Rock IV. Obviously that match would no where near be a 10 star match, maybe not even a 7 star. Maybe some people wouldn't even want to see it anymore, but I would love to see it and so would many others i assume. Another reason it might not work is because Austin wants the spotlight all to himself, none on Rock.

But regardless, Have Rock represent VKM, and Austin rep. HHH. Winner gets control of WWE. Kills 2 birds with one stone, but also I cant imagine HHH not being involved in an actual match at WM30.

I'm not convinced by either idea to be honest. Firstly, there is a very small chance that Austin is competing at Mania and if he does I am almost certain he will face Punk - give the people what they want.

Secondly, turning The Rock heel is beyond crazy. He needs to be a face during his part-time spells in the WWE and even then there is a good chance, like with Austin, he would get cheered over HHH. For the record, I think that The Rock should face either Randy Orton or be involved with The Shield.

My preference to represent Vince would be someone younger, or in need of a big name feud. I would personally go for either Wade Barrett or Ryback. Both would be good choices and a street fight between HHH and one of these two would be very good.

I don't want to see the past, I want to see the present wrestlers. And you wonder why there are barely any good young wrestlers main eventing? Because Vince never gives anyone a chance and if he does, just yanks the carpet from under them afterward. I'll be glad when he steps down. Maybe whoever steps in will actually do a better job.

Or Rock vs Brock
HHH vs Wade Barrett No Holds Barred
Punk vs Austin
D-Bryan vs Jericho WWE Title
Cena vs Taker LMS Streak vs Career
Ryback vs Batista
Rhodes vs RVD vs Christian vs Orton WHC
Double US/IC title ladder match (Big Show,Kane,Henry,Bray Wyatt,Graves,etc.)
Reigns vs Rollins vs Ambrose
Eva Marie vs Natalya vs Nicki vs Brie vs AJ vs Kaitlyn vs Layla Vs Lita vs Trish Diva's title match

In all honestly I'd rather just see Vince himself face HHH at WrestleMania.
But if Vince did have to have some represent him out of Rock or Austin, I'd pick Rock. Mostly because if Vince would be the heel in this scenario a Heel Rock would be an interesting thing to see ONE LAST TIME. It's personally something I'd want to see. And it be cool to see him face Trips 1 last time.

I voted for Rock to represent Vince and for Triple H to represent himself with Rock and Triple H going one on one at WrestleMania 30 with Rock as the clear babyface and Triple H as the heel going in with Stephanie his wife being in his corner and Rock/HHH being for control of WWE but if Rock no-shows then I would love for Austin to represent Vince considering their history

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back