Who in NXT doesn't stand a chance on the Main Roster?

MartialHorror

Mid-Card Championship Winner
NXT is awesome and most NXT wrestlers are awesome. But the NXT crowd is very different from the RAW crowds, as shown by the intense decline of Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, Fandango, Emma, etc. Sometimes the gimmick grows stale or they are booked into oblivion.

But who- on the current NXT roster- will likely never achieve major success on the Main Roster? I'll list a few of my opinions, before ending with the #1 choice.

- Baron Corbin: I'm not entirely sure why NXT is pushing him so hard, because his height seems to be his only asset. People say Roman Reigns is wooden, but I have to imagine that they have not seen Corbin. The funny thing is I can see Corbin getting a major push on the main roster, only for it to eventually flop and result in an intense back-lash.

- Hideo Itami: Sort of. As long as Vince is in control, Hideo Itami will probably be used for comedy, as all Japanese wrestlers are used for such. His unceremonious exit in the Andre the Giant Battle Royale at Wrestlemania only adds credibility to everyones concerns surrounding him.

-Vaudevillains: At least with this gimmick, I don't think it will work. The Main Roster bungled the Ascension's introduction, even though they arrived at the perfect time and with the perfect opportunity to leave an impact. These guys aren't as memorable as the Ascension, although they are better performers.

But the one guy who I think will never go far on the main roster is....

Tyler Breeze! NXT fans love him and he's a lot of fun, but even NXT seems reluctant to really push him. However, every time the Main Roster tries a similar gimmick, it falls flat. I can see him showing up, maybe getting a little momentum before either the crowd stops caring or WWE bungles his push. Then he will be mostly absent, occasionally appearing to job in squash matches unless it's "Main Event" or "Superstars"- where he will job in more elaborate matches.

I can't think of any Diva's who won't work though. I don't like Dana, but I can see her improving to where she will be fine as she does have the right personality. Eva seems like a lesser Nikki right now. Everyone else has the potential to excel on the main roster, presuming WWE doesn't screw things up for them.

Bayley- goody goody girl gimmick never works on the main roster just ask emma
Tyler breeze- McMahon is just gonna mess it up and he will be facing fandango within a month of debut
Hideo- same reason as OP

People are gonna say that because triple h is pushing people in NXT that he would back them up on main roster but if that is the case than why is ascension, Neville, Adam rose floundering.

I wouldn't say that Neville is floundering, he's been featured in pretty much every ppv since debuting on the main roster, and in my opinion is exactly where he should be. As many have said in the past on here, why the need to rush everyone, and to assume that anyone not headlining has 'failed'?

Similarly, although she has since returned to NXT, you can't really say that Emma's gimmick is what failed her in the main roster, as it was a different world when she debuted, despite only being 18 months ago. Unfortunately her brief legal issues didn't do her any favours either... But had Emma debuted in this period, where WWE are finally appearing to take women's wrestling more seriously, there is every chance that she would succeed. It wasn't the gimmick that did for Emma, it was the fact that no divas match was allotted more than 5 minutes when she moved up...

To answer the question though, Baron Corbin and Bull Dempsey, the fans would not accept for very long in their current guises. And Solomon Crowe - who IS a very accomplished wrestler (I was lucky enough to see him live as Sami Callahan on a Dragon Gate card in Miami) - needs to settle on a gimmick, because, as he currently is, despite his obvious talent and unique look, I don't hold much hope for him.

I'm personally fine with Neville's placement right now, especially as I don't see Neville as a full time main eventer on the main roster anyway. He's been kept in a safe spot. In defense of the Ascensions failure, it should be noted that crowds have almost always been dead to them on the main roster. Talented or not, WWE is not going to go heavy on a group who inspires silence...although the gimmick sucked.

I actually think Bull Dempsey is somewhat underrated and can see him succeeding to an extent, but it depends what WWE wants to do with him. Monster face push? Monster heel push? Comedy face? Joke heel? It depends who else is filling these roles on the main roster.

The only persons that can stand a chance is

Finn Balor
Samoa Joe
Sami Zayn
Blake n Murphy if utilized right
Enzo n Cass
Apollo crews if builded right
Baron Corbin

Women Alexa, Carmella n Emma

The rest i dont know..

Tyler Breeze - He's just not very good. He can get some decent heel heat occasionally, but he just doesn't have WWE talent showing on him.

The Vaudevillians - They are very niche, and as such, with such a STRONG gimmick, they'll have to remain in NXT.

I think that a lot of talent could work on the main roster if WWE had someone in charge on the main roster who was interested and/or knew how to work certain acts. I'm just gonna go with a small handful and use them as examples.

I think Tyler Breeze, the Vaudevillains, Cass & Enzo and Hideo Itami could work on the main roster if Triple H was the one ultimately in charge. Triple H has a different mind set than Vince in that he doesn't have Vince's weird quirks whereas Vince sometimes allows said quirks to influence his decision making. For instance, Vince is said to get noticeably pissed whenever someone calls WWE a wrestling company; it's almost as if that's supposed to be a bad thing or something that he's ashamed of. On the flip side, Triple H embraces the fact that NXT is a wrestling company, though one that already exists within a wrestling company, and I've little doubt he'd embrace that WWE is, surprise surprise, a wrestling company. He also embraces a number of old school ideas that Vince believes are out of touch; yeah, that's as good an example of irony as you're gonna find in wrestling. One reason why NXT works, among a number of others, is that NXT offers more of an old school feel in terms of booking and storytelling; along with those other reasons, it's why NXT continuously gets praised from wrestlers, writers and fans alike. Trips knows how to and has guys working for him who know how to tweak old school just enough to give it something of a modern feel while retaining the old school core. One thing that's VERY important is that Triple H seems to pay a lot more attention to the response and desires of the audience than Vince does; for example, if some fans aren't responding positively to something, Trips doesn't continuously push it week after week just because he himself might personally want it, nor does something seem to depend upon his personal whim from one day to another. He does give it time to be fleshed out, but doesn't bang his head against the proverbial brick wall.

Breeze, the Vaudevillains, Enzo & Cass and Itami could work on the main roster if Trips was in charge but, unfortunately, he isn't. I just have a feeling that, in Vince's eyes, Breeze, Vaudevillains, Enzo & Cass have comedy jobbers written all over them. As for Itami, the language barrier is a problem and he's another one of these guys who's worked a high impact style over the years before coming to WWE that may have begun taking its toll.

Tyler Breeze. If he was called up, he'd be "Blonde Fandango". They'd probably wind up teaming together as The New Heart Throbs or some crap like that.

Sadly I don't see anybody on nxt being able to make a big mark on the main roster. The problem isn't really the main roster per say, is more that wwe forgot that nxt is a developmental territory and not a third brand. The fact that it treated like an complete different entity and not like a developmental territory make it hard for those guy to make a mark on the main roster.

As long as Vince is calling the shots...none. Triple H needs to right the sinking ship.

Reigns, Ambrose and Rollins have done pretty well so far. So has Paige. Wyatt Family. Owens.

The problem with NXT is that some characters might be perfect for a smaller audience but not translate well to a mass one. Also main eventers in NXT are not going to be immediately put in the main event on the main roster. So that could cloud some people's judgment on how the call ups are doing.

Bull Dempsey and Vaudevillians have no chance of making it whatsoever (under their current gimmicks).

Bull's gimmick is that he is fat and trying to get into shape. Problem is getting in shape doesn't happen overnight and that's not exactly a gimmick that has legs.

Vaudevillians just have a weird gimmick. I can't see them being able to transition smoothly with the gimmick.

By this time next year, Tyler Breeze will be taking Indy bookings. I see WWE cutting bait with him. He really is a cross between Miz and Fandango. Neither of which is going to help him much.

The Vaudevillians gimmick will just not resonate with the WWE audience. RoH that audience is not.

Emma will NEVER get a serious chance on the Main roster. They will never forgive her for that incident at Wal-Mart. If she ever gets released, she will be the hottest free agent female out there. I can see Burnett signing her for LU, or Jarrett letting her run with the GFW Women's strap. She could be EC3 with a vagina in showing VKM what WWE lost.

I can actually see Tyler Breeze doing well on the main roster. But the fact that he is still in NXT and hasn't won the title could be a sign of lack of faith. He's a lot of fun to watch. He really seems like a wildcard.

Itami unfortunately won't go too far under Vince's direction. I think he's too good to be a comedy jobber and I think language barrier ironically can save him from going that route. He'll be similar to Taka before his Kaientai run or like the ECW version of Tajiri.

Bull Demspey already has a comedy gimmick and I don't know much about the other characters he's played. He can get a crowd behind him, but you need more than that to make it in the big time.

Eva Marie is just too green. She's needs at least two more years in NXT to see if she can make enough improvements. I just don't see much potential in her and she seems to get outshined by her opponents, but she does have the work ethic, so hopefully she gets better.

Finn, Zayn, Joe, and Apollo Crews can fit in very well in the main roster. I can picture all of them main eventing. Not so sure about actually winning a world title though. I think Finn would be the best bet. Joe is the most solid and proven of all of them, but because he is a TNA guy and a little older, I think that might prevent a title run for him.

I think Simon Gotch could make it easily, he is amazingly talented but as others have said, not under the Vaude Villains gimmick. Aiden is decidedly less talented but still a decent in ring technician.

Crews is IMO a dead cert for a main roster push and is exactly what Vince looks for in a top star.

Bailey is a maybe if pushed right, but her kid-friendly gimmick will be sandbagged by the smarky RAW crowd. Full Sail really help the wrestlers over as they invest in talent they see every week, not so much with main roster crowds.

Corbin needs a lot more work, squashing nothings within 30 seconds is not going to help him or his opponents. Samoa Joe can really help him here but there is a couple of years work here.

Eva Marie? Oh no, she has always stated she is looking for shortcuts to a top tier payday. She can stay in NXT or bugger off to the indy's for mine, she is gorgeous but there are gorgeous women who have a work ethic in this business who deserve it way more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back