Main Roster vs NXT Card

cornerdon26

Occasional Pre-Show
Whilst I know if this actually happened it would be a bad idea. Main roster guys losing to NXT guys is not good. Any why bury NXT talent on a larger stage.

But lets say NXT is a third brand, not a developmental system. What matches would you like to see?

Mine would be -

Sami Zayn vs Daniel Bryan
Adrian Neville vs Chris Jericho (ladder match)
Kevin Owens vs Brock Lesnar
Finn Balor vs Seth Rollins (2 out of 3 falls)
Enzo and Big Cass vs New Age Outlaws - or are they retired again now?
Hideo Itami vs Cesaro
Tyler Breeze vs Bad News Barrett
Sasha Banks vs Paige
Solomon Crowe vs Dean Ambrose (no dq)

Using this scenario, what matches would you like to see?

Well IF such a card ever did take place, I think the OP's card looks good overall. Not sure about some matches but, all in all, I think it'd be a good card.

While this is all fantasy booking, I don't know if I'd go with Owens vs. Lesnar for one. I like what I've seen out of Owens a helluva lot so far, but what I've seen of him has been limited to two matches. I need to see more before I'd be willing to pony up what's probably a mid six figure paycheck for Brock Lesnar to face him. I think something more likely could be Owens going up against Sheamus or maybe Rusev.

Enzo & Big Cass vs. The New Age Outlaws is a match I'd have zero interest in. Personally, I like Enzo FAR more as a manger/mouthpiece than I do as a wrestler. As a wrestler, he hasn't impressed me at all but I dig him on the mic. Cassidy is a big guy but, for the most part, I can't say I'm all that impressed with him in the ring. He's not bad, but he's nothing special as I'd have to say he's one of the least impressive 7 footers I've seen. NXT's tag team division as a whole is probably its weakest point, but for sheer entertainment value, I'd probably want to go with The Lucha Dragons vs. The Usos as I think it'd be a quick paced, energetic tag match, especially if both teams were told to just go out there and tear it up.

As for Solomon Crowe vs. Dean Ambrose, I'm not familiar with Crowe at all. His character, based on the very limited amount I've seen him, does remind me of Dean Ambrose, but I need a lot more before I'm sold on this guy.

Sami Zayn vs. Daniel Bryan could be a fantastic match. Zayn has come across as NXT's version of Daniel Bryan in that he's a passionate, never say die, fearless underdog with a ton of heart. Fans have rallied behind him in NXT like main roster fans have around Daniel Bryan. A ton of potential in this match and fans could be extremely interested in it with the right story to go with it.

Adrian Neville vs. Chris Jericho would be a strong match and Jericho has had some legendary ones in the past. I'd watch the match, but part of me would also like to see Neville paired up against another high flyer, possibly like Rob Van Dam. At the same time, Jericho's the bigger star and the better all around wrestler in my opinion. However, the thing about a ladder match is you need something hanging above the ladder to retrieve. Off the top of my head, I was thinking it could be a contract for a shot at the Intercontinental Championship as it could be a way of Neville possibly making a big impact for the main roster and Jericho's inspiration could be trying to win the IC title for the 10th time in his career.

Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins would also have a ton of potential. A lot would depend on the story that's used to build up the match.

Hideo Itami vs. Cesaro would be a flat out strong match inside the ring and I think that's where the real strength would lie. The build up probably wouldn't be much since Itami isn't heavily fluent in English yet and Cesaro's never been particularly strong on the mic. I think it'd be one of those matches we see sometimes on the undercard that doesn't have a huge amount of buzz or build up, is expected to be entertaining but far surpasses everyone's expectations.

Tyler Breeze vs. Bad News Barrett seems odd in some ways. At the same time, I suppose part of the reason for this match is Breeze being disgusted by the "ugo" that is Barrett because of his crooked nose. Barrett's a big, tough brawler whereas Breeze is the epitome of a narcissistic pretty boy. If Barrett was a babyface, the build could be decent and the match could probably be a very solid 3 stars, maybe more.

Sasha Banks vs. Paige could be a great Divas match inside the ring. I think part of the problem would be how the build is handled. When Paige was in her anti-Diva persona in NXT, it helped her stand out in a lot of ways, but Vince has pretty much done away with that since she's been on the main roster. However, if she was allowed to adopt that persona once more, then the build for the match could jack up anticipation for the match. When it comes to final decisions for women's matches, I personally have no faith in Vince McMahon.

While I would love an NXT vs WWE event ALA One Night Stand 2006, a built in flaw is that these NXT guys are being groomed for the main roster, anyway. You might be giving away future big money matches. However, I might be wrong entirely, and this event would be a building block for a future big money contest.

I'm surprised the lists so far haven't included John Cena. You can't have a WWE vs Rival promotion without the face of either company. In my mind, I would love to see Cena walk into Full Sail to face off with Sami Zayn. I mentioned ONS'06. Remember how Cena was received by the Hammerstein when he faced RVD? Well, rewatch R Evolution Zayn vs Neville, and remember that Full Sail loves Neville too, despite how much they rally behind Sami. The FSU crowd with Cena vs Zayn is potential for magic.

Mine would be:
D.Bryan vs Hideo Itami - I'm gonna kick u into submission match
Sasha Banks vs Aj Lee - battle of the pocket rockets
Paige (dark) vs bayley (happy)
Charlotte & Nattie (with Ric n bret - I know natties not a nxt girl) vs The Bellas
Kevin Owens vs Bray Wyatt .... Last man standing match
Adrian Neviile vs wade Barrett ... Battle of the Brits
Sami Zayn vs roman Reigns
Finn Balor vs Seth Rollins
Tyler Breeze vs Dashing Cody Rhodes

I would like to see something like this, in much the same way that I liked the One Night Stand idea for ECW all those years ago. Still, I have a huge amount of reservations about how good it would, how fair it would be, and how much it would accomplish for the WWE and NXT roster.

Let's put it this way, it is a no-win situation of for a lot of the guys on there. Picture this if you will? Daniel Bryan goes against someone like Sami Zayn. If you want to put NXT over, do you honestly think that Daniel Bryan, a man who is going after the World Championship at WrestleMania (likely), will be happy to let someone on a development card go over him? I doubt it. If Zayn did go over, then it would be an amazing rub that would kick-start his career in all the right reasons. But you have made one of your most over superstars in Bryan look like a tit.

The only thing that could be done is for them to have a huge match that ticks all the right boxes. Maybe a 30 minute effor that showcases everything that is good about both men before one of them finally went over. A handshake at the end of the match to put everything in perspective and both men getting the credit they deserve. That sounds perfect, doesn't it? And that would be fine for one or two matches on this card of yours but you couldn't do that for every single match. You are only likely to upset people on either roster by doing something like this.

I would like to see something like this, in much the same way that I liked the One Night Stand idea for ECW all those years ago. Still, I have a huge amount of reservations about how good it would, how fair it would be, and how much it would accomplish for the WWE and NXT roster.

Let's put it this way, it is a no-win situation of for a lot of the guys on there. Picture this if you will? Daniel Bryan goes against someone like Sami Zayn. If you want to put NXT over, do you honestly think that Daniel Bryan, a man who is going after the World Championship at WrestleMania (likely), will be happy to let someone on a development card go over him? I doubt it. If Zayn did go over, then it would be an amazing rub that would kick-start his career in all the right reasons. But you have made one of your most over superstars in Bryan look like a tit.

The only thing that could be done is for them to have a huge match that ticks all the right boxes. Maybe a 30 minute effor that showcases everything that is good about both men before one of them finally went over. A handshake at the end of the match to put everything in perspective and both men getting the credit they deserve. That sounds perfect, doesn't it? And that would be fine for one or two matches on this card of yours but you couldn't do that for every single match. You are only likely to upset people on either roster by doing something like this.

Whilst I agree with many of your points, this was the exact conversation I wanted to avoid hence why I made little reference to it. As you point out the booking would be impossible, it would make little to no sense.

I wanted to know what match ups you wanted to see from an in-ring or character perspective. Who could put on the best matches, who may have great chemistry or who would have the best build to a match

Have the Switchblade Conspiracy ever meet in a match? But overall yeah I would tune in for this card. Replace Lesnar with Wyatt (not a fan of Lesnar since his return) and I'd gladly pay 9.99 with a six month agreement.

With reports of annoyances from both sides of the camp this would be very interesting. The main roster guys/gals complaining about the time and creative flow given to NXT and NXT guys/gals wanting to be on the main roster because...that's kind of the point. It could be like a Bragging Rights special.

I like the OP's suggestion but would change a few things around.

With the recent Twitter beef between Charlotte and Paige I'd definitely have those two going at it and basically use what happened to fuel the story. Paige saying Charlotte isn't ready and Charlotte implying that Paige is just threatened. Then like she did on Twitter Paige would basically say that she's worked harder than Charlotte for her spot. Charlotte's obviously not your average diva but she looks more the part than Paige and her "do it with Flair" is a nice contrast to Paige's uhm...screaming.

I'd also put Enzo and Big Cass versus the Ascension. With of course the Ascension bragging about how they were actually called up.

I'd be all for Tyler Breeze v Barrett as long as knuckle fighter Barrett is the emphasis. The rest is fine.

Sami Zayn vs Daniel Bryan
Adrian Neville vs Chris Jericho (ladder match)
Kevin Owens vs Brock Lesnar
Finn Balor vs Seth Rollins (2 out of 3 falls)
Hideo Itami vs Cesaro
Tyler Breeze vs Bad News Barrett
Solomon Crowe vs Dean Ambrose (no dq)

My Fantasy Card for a Main Roster vs. NXT mega show:
- [Pre-Show] The Brass Ring Club w/Natalya vs. The Lucha Dragons
- [Pre-Show] Triple Threat Match: Brie Bella vs. Nikki Bella vs. Bayley
- Chris Jericho vs. CJ Parker
- The Usos vs. Enzo Amore & Big Cass
- Bray Wyatt vs. Bull Dempsey
- Fatal Four Way: AJ Lee vs. Paige vs. Charlotte vs. Emma
- Dolph Ziggler vs. Tyler Breeze
- Randy Orton vs. Baron Corbin
- Ladder Match: Seth Rollins vs. Adrian Neville
- John Cena vs. Mojo Rawley
- The Boss' Daughter vs. The Boss: Stephanie McMahon vs. Sasha Banks
- Falls Count Anywhere: Dean Ambrose vs. Solomon Crowe
- Roman Reigns vs. Sami Zayn
- Submission Match: Daniel Bryan vs. Finn Balor
- Triple H vs. Hideo Itami
- Unsanctioned Street Fight: Brock Lesnar w/Paul Heyman vs. Kevin Owens

But there's also a whole ton of other NXT dream matches I'd love to see down the road as well, a few examples would be:
- Brock Lesnar vs. Solomon Crowe/Bull Dempsey
- Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn/Finn Balor/Hideo Itami/Adrian Neville/Tyler Breeze/Baron Corbin/Bull Dempsey
- Seth Rollins vs. Sami Zayn/Finn Balor/Hideo Itami/Tyler Breeze
- Daniel Bryan vs. Sami Zayn/Adrian Neville/Hideo Itami/Tyler Breeze/Bull Dempsey
- Triple H vs. Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn/Finn Balor/Adrian Neville/Solomon Crowe
- Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens/Sami Zayn/Finn Balor/Hideo Itami/Adrian Neville/Tyler Breeze
- Bray Wyatt vs. Kevin Owens/Solomon Crowe
- John Cena vs. Kevin Owens/Adrian Neville/Finn Balor
- Randy Orton vs. Hideo Itami/Adrian Neville
- Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens/Adrian Neville/Finn Balor/Hideo Itami
- Bad News Barrett vs. Adrian Neville/Baron Corbin
- Ryback vs. Kevin Owens/Bull Dempsey
- Sheamus vs. Kevin Owens/Baron Corbin/Bull Dempsey

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads