Integrity

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
What would you do?

Though the former writers (Ryan Clark and Matt Boon) are in the shit for making up the Piper thing.

Yeah, whats worse is I report news for a site ran by Ryan Clark, was thinking of posting a news reports about Piper calling him out, but then I realized chances are It'd be my last report also.

You write for a site written by someone who makes up something to get hits, he's found out and you disagree with it. Do you

1. Write the story and post it to the irk of the person who runs the site but get some praise from others for this stand
  2. Quit the site with a big "Fuck you Randy Clark"
  3. Say nothing bad carry on with your next assignment?

I'd send turd to his email with it reading "Here's your next report. Sorry, it's similar to the last."

You're working with/for Ryan Clark. The job isn't worth it. Besides, if you doing that gets picked up by forums, you might get some publicity generated which would allow you to work with someone less shit.

You're working with/for Ryan Clark. The job isn't worth it. Besides, if you doing that gets picked up by forums, you might get some publicity generated which would allow you to work with someone less shit.

Just to explain.

WrestlingInc was started by a guy called Raj Giri and just did news sourced from other sites, hadn't much going for it because there are tons of shit dirt sheets out there. Clark operates on several sites, WZR, EWrestling News, he picked up WrestlingInc and basically pumped it some funds for a new look, some credible staff(Mostly guys from WON and LordsOfPain) and allowed Raj to continue running it as editor.

Low and behold, it's now the "largest independently ran wrestling news site on the Internet," for example, it's not owned by a company like WZ is owned by Crave or how LOP is owned by whoever the fuck owns them.

I've had no contact with Clark other than him sending me an email welcoming me when I joined, that is about it. He posts like a news report a month too, which is annoying. Plus I barely interact with staff.

And yes, I'd love to get onto somewhere good, 411Mania or even WON, but the best I got was Pro Wrestling Torch asking would I write a 200 word opinion piece on their newsletter which they would maybe stick in if they'd room.

I think the important thing to take away from all this is that The Dragon Saga writes for a dirt sheet which means his opinion is just as valuable as I always suspected it is.

I think the important thing to take away from all this is that The Dragon Saga writes for a dirt sheet which means his opinion is just as valuable as I always suspected it is.

Ouch. That stung.

Realize there is no such thing in pro wrestling journalism as 'integrity', decide it's just a fun little job and not get worked up over it.

That is basically my look on it, I don't even look at it as journalism in a way. I've an interest in wrestling, I let people know whats going on. I always post factual stuff too, staying mostly with TNA/ROH news. I also am majoring in Journalism and despite not having it down as course credit, I do have it on the back burner if needed.

And if I wanted to, the offer to become an Analyst for Bleacher Report was handed to me but I declined(Know people who write there and they believe it's a "sinking ship"), and B/R Analysists are all about opinions. So whereas maybe the likes of JGlass believe my opinion is as valuable as he "always suspected" I always know that there are those who value it highly.

Hey you remember that one time I posted those fake CM Punk tweets, and then CM Punk bitched about it on Twitter? Good times.

Little known fact: my boss told me to post those. Was I about to throw him under the bus to protect my own name? I certainly had every right to, but when it comes down to some WWE star that's going to get over it in 10 minutes, a couple hundred followers that'll get over it a day or two...and your boss taking heat from his higher-ups... Bottom line is that my name is barely known outside of this website and the 800 followers I have on Twitter. Nick's got a lot more at stake than I do. I did what I thought was best for everything. DS, I encourage you to do the same thing.

Dirt sheets function on drama. If your boss was smart, he'd milk it for all he could.

I think it just gets annoying after awhile. I honestly appreciate when people call me out on things - that bar room post about me being an idiot is not a good example...it's just stupid - because it keeps us in check. But I can see Nick getting frustrated, because he has to deal with 20-30-40 news articles a day. And few people are as eloquent or calm as you are when dealing with mess ups. Most of them are just assholes who want reddit-style kharma for being a douche in public.

Not sure if I consider what I do to be journalism. Sometimes, when I actually have to do my own research or conduct exclusive interviews, I sure as hell count that. But when i'm just wandering around twitter or PWTorch looking for shit to aggregate...hell no. But a little secret: even major news networks aggregate at least 50% of their daily content.

If you're taking it seriously as paid employment then three. If you aren't earning a living from it and it's just for the sake of your e-penis or so that you can convince yourself that you're a writer then one or two.

3. Pay me and I will write anything. Just as long as it won't get me thrown in jail or sued, I will write anything for anybody anytime. I have no integrity.

I was off the internet most of the day yesterday except for some copy/paste work on Wrestlezone. I just saw the Ryan Clark bullshit on Twitter. Good lord is Hot Rod going to town on him...

I don't know Ryan Clark. He was before my time on Wrestlezone, and I don't even know what kind of relationship current management has with him. He reeally doesn't come up in conversation... WZR still exists, but I know there are some not happy about our name being associated with it.

What I do know is that he basically starts random dirt sheets and posts the same shit on all of them trying to milk a profit. It's like if you cut the quality of Wrestlezone in half, and then copy/pasted it 15 different times. And the shit all over the internet. And then ate it with a spoon.

Serious Jones does too. Coincidence? I think not

I think it just gets annoying after awhile. I honestly appreciate when people call me out on things - that bar room post about me being an idiot is not a good example...it's just stupid - because it keeps us in check. But I can see Nick getting frustrated, because he has to deal with 20-30-40 news articles a day. And few people are as eloquent or calm as you are when dealing with mess ups. Most of them are just assholes who want reddit-style kharma for being a douche in public.

Not sure if I consider what I do to be journalism. Sometimes, when I actually have to do my own research or conduct exclusive interviews, I sure as hell count that. But when i'm just wandering around twitter or PWTorch looking for shit to aggregate...hell no. But a little secret: even major news networks aggregate at least 50% of their daily content.

You could always, yknow, prepare your fucking article in word so you can catch spelling mistakes

He's getting paid, he should do the best job possible or he doesn't deserve a job, as it should be in all fields

Number 1, not because I have morals or because I want to be taken seriously as a writer, but calling out a liar and making him look like an idiot in a somewhat public way and getting sacked for it is the kind of thing I'd enjoy and still be chuckling at in a few years time

That is basically my look on it, I don't even look at it as journalism in a way. I've an interest in wrestling, I let people know whats going on. I always post factual stuff too, staying mostly with TNA/ROH news. I also am majoring in Journalism and despite not having it down as course credit, I do have it on the back burner if needed.

And if I wanted to, the offer to become an Analyst for Bleacher Report was handed to me but I declined(Know people who write there and they believe it's a "sinking ship"), and B/R Analysists are all about opinions. So whereas maybe the likes of JGlass believe my opinion is as valuable as he "always suspected" I always know that there are those who value it highly.

I'm not buying this.

Wouldn't a budding journalist want to get their work out there as much as possible, anyway possible?

Who cares if the place was going to be around for ten years or ten days as long as it gives you something that you can use for a resume/portfolio.

I'm not buying this.

Wouldn't a budding journalist want to get their work out there as much as possible, anyway possible?

Who cares if the place was going to be around for ten years or ten days as long as it gives you something that you can use for a resume/portfolio.

No, not really.

If I was offered a position on the WZ main page, I wouldn't take it, why? Because it's shit. Bleacher Report is a site where news reporters get to air their opinions under the premise that it's superior, an example would be on B/R the highest ranking role for a writer is a Featured Columnist, Justin Labar is an FC. Justin Labar is shit.

I gain more pleasure from posting ROH or TNA news and it being factual, I regularly update the ROH section on WrestlingINC and have been thanked by some regular posters in the comments section for doing so. This isn't really a job to be, it's fun.

There is so much of a difference between Wrestlezone and 90% of the dirt sheets out there, although I'm not really hurt you can't tell the difference. First of all, and this is totally off the point, does anybody really like the web-design of like...most of the sites out there? The only reason I still use Wrestlezone, other than it makes my life easier because I'm also working there, is that its design is simple and doesn't make me want to fork my eyes out.

But the thing about Ryan Clarks' numerous bullshit dirt sheets is that he isn't held to any sort of standard. He's got nobody serious to answer to. Do you know who owns WZR? Ryan Clark. Same with all his wordpress-engine-based websites. The only guy monitoring his stuff is him, and that's a problem. It's why I'd never work for him, or for any of his sites.

Wrestlezone is owned by Crave Media. Crave Media is owned by CraveOnline. CraveOnline is owned by blah blah blah. Point is we're a part of a giant entertainment company, and when negative press happens people like Nick have to answer to bosses, and bosses bosses. There is accountability in what we do, whether you like us or not. Justin Labar has some leeway to make mistakes. He really did do a stint with the company, and every time he posts "Inside news" it really does come from somebody within the company. The thing is, shit changes in this industry on a daily basis, so sometimes what he posts comes across as just blatant lies; they're not. LaBar has way too many relationship with wrestlers and too much on the line to just be making shit up. I can't prove it to you, because there's all this confidentiality stuff - I shouldn't even be telling you all this - but every time he posts something its confirmed.

Wrestlezone used to be a lot more respected than it is. Guys like Chris Cash had so many connections, and he used to get tens of thousands of listeners on VOW and all that jazz. Assholes like Ryan Clark are the reason there's a WWE blackout on Wrestlezone. Notice there are website that wrestlers will give interviews and whatnot for. Some of them are great; some of them fly under the radar enough to avoid the shit list. But people will not talk to wrestlezone, nor will they even admit we exist a lot of the time. It's because Ryan Clark fucked us over to the point where I've been told to never associate or post anything about him, ever. It's because of that that we aggregate things now. We used to have more exlusive content than PWT and the Observer, but we can't do anything these days. It's stupid, but that's why I've got my foot in the door with Crave (the company that owns Wrestlezone). Crave is still well respected throughout the entertainment industry, and pending an interview goes well, I could actually be making a decent living...

My biggest issue is when news gets posted on day #1 and then the same news gets posted on day #2, #3 or #14.

Don't/Shouldn't you guys read what gets posted to prevent duplication of effort?

Wrestlezone used to be a lot more respected than it is. Guys like Chris Cash had so many connections, and he used to get tens of thousands of listeners on VOW and all that jazz. Assholes like Ryan Clark are the reason there's a WWE blackout on Wrestlezone. Notice there are website that wrestlers will give interviews and whatnot for. Some of them are great; some of them fly under the radar enough to avoid the shit list. But people will not talk to wrestlezone, nor will they even admit we exist a lot of the time. It's because Ryan Clark fucked us over to the point where I've been told to never associate or post anything about him, ever. It's because of that that we aggregate things now. We used to have more exlusive content than PWT and the Observer, but we can't do anything these days. It's stupid, but that's why I've got my foot in the door with Crave (the company that owns Wrestlezone). Crave is still well respected throughout the entertainment industry, and pending an interview goes well, I could actually be making a decent living...

That isn't correct at all.

WrestlingINC during its affiliation with Clark has gained interviews with Steve Austin, Mick Foley, Edge, Booker T, Roddy Piper, Bret Hart and others. Ryan Clark himself as Piper noted on his podcast last night has interviewed him for WZR, so I wouldn't place the entire blame on Clark.

I think you're being told what they want you to believe. WrestleZone, for as far back as I can remember has always been dirt reading of the wrestling world. Why else would they have Mark Madden employed to write articles? You know who WrestlingINC, again a site affiliated with Ryan Clark gets to come in and write articles? Former members of WWE Creative. We had a very big interview with Court Bauer who worked for WWE Creative back during the Attitude Era into the Ruthless Aggression era and he gave us so much info we'd to split it into four separate interviews, and we're gaining huge numbers off it.

Shane Helms has wrote for our site before, as has Lance Storm. Again, who does WZ have? It gets the odd thing from Andrew Goldstein or Chris DeJoseph, after that you guys again, have Mark Madden writing editorials. The worst commentator in the history of professional wrestling, and yes I would put him firmly below Mike Adamle.

I work with guys who have worked with Labar and they've told me all I need to know about him. Self obsessed, pretentious, cocky, believes he's better than Dave Meltzer, believes his own hype, because he had a couple weeks riding with WWE production years back. His accuracy is appalling, and whats even worse is from reading how he comes across, he doesn't like any wrestling outside the small indy promotion he is affiliated with and WWE, I've read numerous articles from his B/R account taking swings at TNA and ROH.

Again, I think you've been very misinformed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back