• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If you hate WWE so much, WHY WATCH IT?

No one is calling for exclusively positive feedback. But when most of the posts even on this forum are about the WWE failing (it isn't), the ratings mattering (they don't), or Vince losing it (he's not), then it becomes an issue of how many times can you watch something you hate before you stop trying to ruin it for everyone who currently enjoys it?

Because most of posts on this forum do not say any of these three things.

Plus, why would WWE failing or ratings going down be reasons for others to turn off Raw?

No one is calling for exclusively positive feedback. But when most of the posts even on this forum are about the WWE failing (it isn't), the ratings mattering (they don't), or Vince losing it (he's not), then it becomes an issue of how many times can you watch something you hate before you stop trying to ruin it for everyone who currently enjoys it?

I think that most posts are about creative failing the wrestlers and ultimately the fans. The WWE as a whole will continue on, but to say the product right now is the best it's ever been is false.

With all the injuries and a lot of the big names out for months, it's not a surprise that they are having some issues. I've read recently they have had to rewrite the upcoming Wrestlemania, due to who's out.

Rating's do matter. Apparently the USA network that airs RAW isn't happy. In the past year they've lost over a quarter of their viewers, and ratings are the lowest they've been in a decade. If you think that's a good thing then I don't know what to tell you. I don't think RAW will ever be cancelled, but advertisers who pay millions of dollars to the WWE might think twice before signing up again.

Listen I'm the first person to praise Vince McMahon for what he has done with this company, and how he has built it up. But he is 70 odd now, and he is out of touch. We are seeing that week in and week out. He likes to put all his eggs in one basket, named John Cena. Which is not a bad thing, but Cena can't go on forever, and Vince's hand picked guy Roman Reigns isn't getting the reception he wants. God knows how long they are going to push him, and while they are doing it, the rest of the roster suffers.

You just have to compare NXT and RAW to see how different the product is, and why a lot of people are tuning out on Monday nights, and watching NXT on Wednesdays. It's fresh approach, good matches and simple story lines have brought new viewers to the product, and older fans back. HHH is responsible for NXT, and to be honest I think Vince should move aside and let him take over the booking for the flagship show, or at least let him try. If Vince isn't happy he can take the reigns back again.

I do enjoy certain parts of the product, but other's are dismal, and yes they will get complained about. With such a good roster, injuries aside, there is no excuse for putting out what they do.

I keep watching for the same reason as I keep supporting my favorite sports teams when they suck, because at the end of the day I still love wrestling, & no matter how bad the show is overall there is always something in the show that I'm able to latch on to. Right now Ambrose, New Day, & Kevin Owens are the things I'm latching on to, those are things keeping me tuning in.

I think that most posts are about creative failing the wrestlers and ultimately the fans. The WWE as a whole will continue on, but to say the product right now is the best it's ever been is false.
It doesn't have the be the best it's ever been, since most entertainment companies go through slumps. The WWE is worth something like $1.5 billion, shares are trading high, they have the most viewed YouTube channel, they're in the top 5 streaming services, things in the WWE are going quite well.
With all the injuries and a lot of the big names out for months, it's not a surprise that they are having some issues. I've read recently they have had to rewrite the upcoming Wrestlemania, due to who's out.
There's absolutely zero reason to believe someone like Alvarez or Meltzer in times like this. They're either in on the work, or they're such marks for themselves that they make things up. Their actual success rate is extremely low when reporting things like this. I sincerely doubt that WrestleMania plans were even being jotted down at this point. The fans are so ridiculous in today's era, Roman Reigns will get EASILY the biggest pop of the night in one town, and booed out of a smark location. It's hard for creative because the fans make it hard for creative.
Rating's do matter. Apparently the USA network that airs RAW isn't happy. In the past year they've lost over a quarter of their viewers, and ratings are the lowest they've been in a decade. If you think that's a good thing then I don't know what to tell you. I don't think RAW will ever be cancelled, but advertisers who pay millions of dollars to the WWE might think twice before signing up again.
Ratings don't matter. At all. They're an archaic method of tracking television when record numbers of people are cutting the cord daily. USA Network desperately NEEDS WWE, the WWE doesn't need USA.

Let me explain further:

Ratings just don't matter like they used to. DVR, Hulu+, YouTube, all legal methods of getting content, that also include ad revenue. USA still thinks ratings matter because they are using a century old method of selling advertisement space on their television network. But they don't matter to the WWE who probably wouldn't lose much money if they just went exclusively to the WWE Network and made their content TV-14.

But, the top rated shows right now are millions and... MILLIONS of people lower than they were. At one point, in the late 90s, early 2000s, Friends expected 20 million people to tune in to see their new episodes. Under 20 million was a failure. Now, the top show, Big Bang Theory, can barely get 10 million. Yet, that show is still massively popular.

Television viewing is different. In the 90s, cable TV really wasn't much of anything. Now, on cable, you get Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, Fargo, the show with Don Draper, whatever that was.

People don't consume media like they did a decade ago. Vince saw it, and revolutionized the game by creating the WWE Network and ensuring that USA will kiss his ass no matter what to keep his content on their channel.

Ratings don't matter because in 10 years, the whole system will be different again. I would wager that just as many people are watching WWE as used to watch WWE. They just get it on YouTube clips, Hulu+ recaps, and illegal streams.
Listen I'm the first person to praise Vince McMahon for what he has done with this company, and how he has built it up. But he is 70 odd now, and he is out of touch. We are seeing that week in and week out. He likes to put all his eggs in one basket, named John Cena. Which is not a bad thing, but Cena can't go on forever, and Vince's hand picked guy Roman Reigns isn't getting the reception he wants. God knows how long they are going to push him, and while they are doing it, the rest of the roster suffers.
This just isn't true. At all. John Cena was probably more over than Hogan was at one point. And since then, literally dozens of guys have been given the torch, they just can't hold it like Cena can.

Roman Reigns is super over. He gets gigantic pops in most towns, but the fans are the ones causing this problem.

And the rest of the roster hasn't shown any reason to be pushed. You want Ziggler, AGAIN? Miz, AGAIN? No, there are some unfortunate injuries, but Rollins was the Main Event for a long time. Ambrose fluctuates at the top. Cesaro has had tons of high profile matches, probably to get him ready for a real push, etc.

This isn't Vince's fault or Cena's fault. It's the fault of fans who believe that their individual opinion should dictate the show.
You just have to compare NXT and RAW to see how different the product is, and why a lot of people are tuning out on Monday nights, and watching NXT on Wednesdays. It's fresh approach, good matches and simple story lines have brought new viewers to the product, and older fans back. HHH is responsible for NXT, and to be honest I think Vince should move aside and let him take over the booking for the flagship show, or at least let him try. If Vince isn't happy he can take the reigns back again.
NXT is owned by Vince McMahon. It's ludicrous to believe that Vince is so super anal that he's involved with every single piece of the process in WWE, but the second largest federation in the USA that he ALSO owns, he doesn't do anything with. No, Vince is the decision maker for both WWE and NXT.

What NXT is is a way for Vince to drain the indys dry. They appeal to the smarks, they give good wrestling, they ignore stories, and they invest in spot monkeys, they even have a spot training ring at the Performance Center. The idea is the same idea that made the WWE the WWF back in the 80s. Buy out the competition. Vince is just working more marks than usual.
I do enjoy certain parts of the product, but other's are dismal, and yes they will get complained about. With such a good roster, injuries aside, there is no excuse for putting out what they do.
I find the WWE to be fun and entertaining. I watch Raw every Monday night, I watch each PPV, and I even come onto boards to talk about how good the product is. Sure, there are misfires, like Reigns v. Ambrose should have never gotten there, since they were having Sheamus take the belt anyway. It's a small thing, no big deal.

But it is truly a disorder that I cannot fathom to hate the WWE the way that many posters here or Wreddit, or whereever do, and STILL spend hours of their lives watching and seething.

Honestly I never watch WWE with the intention of bitching, it just kind of happens but the more I hate it the less I watch it because what's the point? I love wrestling sure but with a closet full of wrestling DVD's and tapes (yes I still have a VCR) there's really no need to watch any type of wrestling I don't like unless I'm watching a live event or something. When I do watch recent wrestling though it's essentially me trying to give the product another shot because I really want it to be good even though it seems like a fools errand to think any different at this point. At the end of the day I love wrestling, I want it to be as good as it could be and when it's not it can be very frustrating as a fan. It's a flaw and I get that but it is what it is. I don't think I'll never stop watching new wrestling completely no matter how bad it gets but I certainly won't punish myself every week with it either, I'll only watch when I'm curious to see how things are going but otherwise I always got KB to keep me in the loop.

To be fair though people bitch about everything a lot more than they used to and they use the internet as their megaphone. It's annoying as fuck no doubt but sadly that's the way the world is these days.

It doesn't have the be the best it's ever been, since most entertainment companies go through slumps. The WWE is worth something like $1.5 billion, shares are trading high, they have the most viewed YouTube channel, they're in the top 5 streaming services, things in the WWE are going quite well.

There's absolutely zero reason to believe someone like Alvarez or Meltzer in times like this. They're either in on the work, or they're such marks for themselves that they make things up. Their actual success rate is extremely low when reporting things like this. I sincerely doubt that WrestleMania plans were even being jotted down at this point. The fans are so ridiculous in today's era, Roman Reigns will get EASILY the biggest pop of the night in one town, and booed out of a smark location. It's hard for creative because the fans make it hard for creative.

Ratings don't matter. At all. They're an archaic method of tracking television when record numbers of people are cutting the cord daily. USA Network desperately NEEDS WWE, the WWE doesn't need USA.

Let me explain further:

Ratings just don't matter like they used to. DVR, Hulu+, YouTube, all legal methods of getting content, that also include ad revenue. USA still thinks ratings matter because they are using a century old method of selling advertisement space on their television network. But they don't matter to the WWE who probably wouldn't lose much money if they just went exclusively to the WWE Network and made their content TV-14.

But, the top rated shows right now are millions and... MILLIONS of people lower than they were. At one point, in the late 90s, early 2000s, Friends expected 20 million people to tune in to see their new episodes. Under 20 million was a failure. Now, the top show, Big Bang Theory, can barely get 10 million. Yet, that show is still massively popular.

Television viewing is different. In the 90s, cable TV really wasn't much of anything. Now, on cable, you get Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, Fargo, the show with Don Draper, whatever that was.

People don't consume media like they did a decade ago. Vince saw it, and revolutionized the game by creating the WWE Network and ensuring that USA will kiss his ass no matter what to keep his content on their channel.

Ratings don't matter because in 10 years, the whole system will be different again. I would wager that just as many people are watching WWE as used to watch WWE. They just get it on YouTube clips, Hulu+ recaps, and illegal streams.

This just isn't true. At all. John Cena was probably more over than Hogan was at one point. And since then, literally dozens of guys have been given the torch, they just can't hold it like Cena can.

Roman Reigns is super over. He gets gigantic pops in most towns, but the fans are the ones causing this problem.

And the rest of the roster hasn't shown any reason to be pushed. You want Ziggler, AGAIN? Miz, AGAIN? No, there are some unfortunate injuries, but Rollins was the Main Event for a long time. Ambrose fluctuates at the top. Cesaro has had tons of high profile matches, probably to get him ready for a real push, etc.

This isn't Vince's fault or Cena's fault. It's the fault of fans who believe that their individual opinion should dictate the show.

NXT is owned by Vince McMahon. It's ludicrous to believe that Vince is so super anal that he's involved with every single piece of the process in WWE, but the second largest federation in the USA that he ALSO owns, he doesn't do anything with. No, Vince is the decision maker for both WWE and NXT.

What NXT is is a way for Vince to drain the indys dry. They appeal to the smarks, they give good wrestling, they ignore stories, and they invest in spot monkeys, they even have a spot training ring at the Performance Center. The idea is the same idea that made the WWE the WWF back in the 80s. Buy out the competition. Vince is just working more marks than usual.

I find the WWE to be fun and entertaining. I watch Raw every Monday night, I watch each PPV, and I even come onto boards to talk about how good the product is. Sure, there are misfires, like Reigns v. Ambrose should have never gotten there, since they were having Sheamus take the belt anyway. It's a small thing, no big deal.

But it is truly a disorder that I cannot fathom to hate the WWE the way that many posters here or Wreddit, or whereever do, and STILL spend hours of their lives watching and seething.

This guy gets it. It is good to see someone else with some guts to stand up and express their views against the WWE bashers here, who bully anyone who doesn't agree with them, and name-call them.

I wish there was a "like" button.

Oh and how did I know my name along with GSB's would be mentioned. Could it be because we are the only two that actually stand up to you when you post?

Please show me posts where I used the expressions, "John Cena sux", "Roman Reigns sux", "Vince McMahon sux" and "the WWE sux". Go ahead please use the search function and try to find a post where I have used any of those expressions.

What I did say was John Cena's gimmick is stale. Roman Reigns got pushed too quickly. Vince McMahon is out of touch, and the product is suffering for it. But please go ahead and show me where I said what you said I did.

You want to promote discussion on a wrestling forum, but only if we all follow along and subscribe to your opinion. God forbid that we have our own. If you can't take dissenting opinions to the one you have, then maybe you should put those posters, me and GSB on ignore. That way you won't have to read our posts where we go on indefinitely about how everyone "sux".

Meanwhile I will go on enjoying the product as it is. I will criticize it when necessary and praise it when it warrants it. And it you can't take it then it "sux" to be you.

Actually it is me who has called you out on at least three of your posts, so it has been me disagreeing with you, because you write judgemental, arrogant, self-righteous crap. All I am doing is pointing out your flawed thinking, and then all your boyfriends on this site come to your defence.

I named you because you parrot whatever the majority thinks. Plus you get so anal in response, that it is fun baiting you.

The broadcasting system is constantly changing, so ratings don't matter. Let's fire some well-paid talent to save money and put Hornswoggle vs a guy in a Donald Trump costume on Raw every week. That should do the trick and make us even more rich. Fuck the criticism. Genius move.

But that doesn't explain why is Vince so mad about the quality of the product nowadays. Perhaps the WWE actually has some problems with his product. Not the kind of problems TNA has, but problems, nonetheless.

Actually it is me who has called you out on at least three of your posts, so it has been me disagreeing with you, because you write judgemental, arrogant, self-righteous crap. All I am doing is pointing out your flawed thinking, and then all your boyfriends on this site come to your defence.

I named you because you parrot whatever the majority thinks. Plus you get so anal in response, that it is fun baiting you.

You can disagree with me all you want, but what I state is my opinion. I don't expect everyone to follow along with it, and that's okay. And please don't talk to me about judgement when that is all you do, judge others. Even going to far as to bash other poster's on another thread about their parenting skills. Do you know this person personally, or do you know absolutely nothing about them? If it's the latter then what you say doesn't make it fact.

You are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to tell others how to think and feel. Disagree with them, but an opinion is just that an opinion, it is not fact as much as you would like it to be. So please continue to call other's out for absolutely no reason other than to get on your soapbox.

I don't.

Every now and then I check back here to see what's going on...

But yeah...watching every week and being bored got old quick. It became a chore to watch. Haven't watched consistently since maybe summer 2014? Maybe before that. I tuned out around the time Seth turned heel.

Although this League of Nations thing looks promising. Even though I haven't actually seen any of their work. I just like the idea of more non-authority figure related factions.

If you're looking for "fair and balanced" don't go to a message board.

Here's a question: If you like the product so much, why do you care how many others don't?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back