• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If You Had Free Roam on the Leader of A&E, Who Would it Be?

"The American Bas Ass"....The Undertaker

The "Bad Ass" biker incarnation of 'Taker is easily my favourite persona of his, and just IMAGINE the pop if suddenly on one episode of Impact it went dark, you heard the "gong"..."Heeee's herrrrrre"..."Keep Rollin, Rollin, Rollin!" and the Undertaker rides out onto the stage on his bike. Incredible!

One of the criticisms about Aces & Eight's is the lack of star power in the faction, and who better to resolve that than one of the biggest names in the history of the business climbing into the ring, taking out Sting with a chokeslam and planting Hogan with the Last Ride!

Obviously, this is entirely fantasy as Undertaker is a WWE lifer, and will never be seen again as the biker in his career, but MAN would it be a great moment!

Well, in one word hottest property that can make a huge pop, would be Goldberg. People have not seen heel Goldberg for long enough (he was heel just for 2 months in WCW). Goldberg, a powerful bad-ass biker heel would be amazing.

For some time now many including myself have been claiming that the Aces & Eights Vice President will be Impact road agent D'Lo Brown. But the last segment between D'Lo and Bruce had me thinking...what if it was in fact Bruce that was VP?

The reasoning that people have for D'Lo being VP:

VP has the same build has D'Lo: Bruce and D'Lo have very similar builds and heights.

VP is fully clothed to hide that he is black OR is he fully clothed to hide that he's not black? Is TNA trying to work us just like how they did with Hogan on Twitter wanting Devon to come back so badly?

D'Lo got Wes Brisco in on Gut Check Bruce said yes to Wes too. You know who the third judge was? Taz!

Now I don't deny that D'Lo has physically been playing the VP role these past months. But come the actual reveal, I believe Brucey could well be VP. What do you think?

The VP definitely resembles D'Lo for sure; hell I've been harping the notion for months. But regardless if it's D'Lo or Pritchard, it begs to question where's the payoff. No one will like it no matter which man you choose. It's high time the main face of this shows themselves. A&8's have been on the losing end lately and looking like a slapstick comedy troupe. No good could come of either of these "unveilings".

It's not out of the realm of possibility. Looking at the general build of the VP, it certainly doesn't look like Jeff Jarrett or Eric Bischoff, who have been two frequently mentioned names among internet fans. Looking at the VP, just by his build, he does, in fact, have the build of a guy that's on the dumpy side. Pritchard & D'Lo both have that kind of build.

For me personally though, I don't think it will matter even if it is Pritchard or D'Lo. Aces & Eights has been booked to be probably the weakest "major threat" that's ever reared its head in TNA. They lose match after match after match, they get beaten up in brawl after brawl if it isn't 4 or 5 on 1 in their favor and their ranks are comprised of, let's face it, nobodies. Garett Bischoff is a nobody, Wes Brisco is a nobody, DOC is a nobody, Mike Knox's character is a nobody, Anderson is a pale shadow of what he was a few years back, Devon is only a somebody based upon past tag team glory but is in a role that he doesn't have the talent to fill, Taz hasn't been relevant in more than a decade & is even more annoying on commentary than ever. I will say, however, that at least Taz does have mic skills, so that's something at least.

If TNA insists on keeping Aces & Eights around as the top heels of the company then, personally, I think they need to get some guys on their side that's going to generate some genuine buzz & excitement. Whenever the VP is ultimately revealed, to me at least, I'm not going to be all that excited if Prichard or D'Lo. There's already more than enough weak guys in Aces & Eights, so that's not going to be improved by adding a 50 year old authority figure that's never wrestled a day in his life or a glorified never was whose career highlights include riding the coat tails of Dwayne Johnson & Ron Simmons for a while and paralyzing Darren Drozdov.

I doubt they would make Pritchard a member of A&8s simply because they don't need another non-wrestler. I don't think Taz can go anymore, so one is more then enough.

Alot of guys are saying that they are dropping the ball with A&8s, but if you look at the stable as a wrestler, what they are doing makes alot of sense. They debuted in a big fashion and made an impact, but now they are in the mid-card, which makes sense, because they are filled with mid-carders. They are currently holding a mid-card belt and slowly building a roster, and with the addition of Wes and Garret, they could have a solid tag team, too.

I think that this story will take time, just like any single wrestler takes time to advance to the main event. Once they start adding main event guys, the story will speed up again and move forward. Not only that, but if the faction was dominating the mid-card, which I think is the next logical step, adding a big name or two will give the other members credibility as semi-main event talent.

if D-Lo is considered a let down as the VP of Aces and Eights, then Bruce Prichard would be worse!!! dont get me wrong, if this was years back, i'm fine with D-Lo, but he's clearly not going to be what he was and in the end, him in a high role of Aces and Eights would be odd, confusing and just be a letdown and Bruce would be worse as not many have heard of him except for gut check. i still want to see the VP being someone that gets hired out of nowhere and is kept quiet....the president is likely to be Jarrett or Bischoff, so make the VP guy who likley will battle main events.

hahaha no way is Pritchard a member of Aces and 8s, that is so laughable. Whomever tjhe VP is will be an active wrestler, somebody they can enter into main event feuds with the roster, not ANOTHER mouthpiece. They already have that in Taz

As far as D'Lo about 3 months back when A&8's came to the ring from the back one noticible thing was someone was doing the D'Lo strut how he used to walk with the NOD....that gave him up to me, then putting out Snow to take the judge spot to vote Wes in. When Hogan & Sting were brought to the clubhouse the speaker was clearly Bischoff with a bad vocal harmonizer on him. If D'Lo or Pritchard do in fact end up as VP or the like, at least unlike Taz the faces can get payback and they can take a bump. Taz while amazing on the stick, just can't ever have payback and what's the sense of that...not even a punch?? C'mon how unrealistic is that...someone breaks up my wedding, sorry they got a bat coming to the skull. :lol:

I'm sticking with all the winners of Gut Check being the other A&8 members and a AJ heel turn being tired of being Mr. TNA.

Because I'm wanting to be slightly realistic here, I'm going with the man that is TNA's homegrown kid, AJ Styles.

He's not the Biker kind at all, I know, BUT he's having a tough time at the moment and he's unable to get a World Title until BFG 2013. So what better way than to have him as the leader of A&8's, destroying everything until Hogan gives in and gives him the title shot he wants? To me, it seems like a decent possibility and I think it would give AJ a different direction/feeling.

It's obvious to me now that it's going to be Bully Ray as the Leader and it's going to happen at Lockdown.

What I would do is have Ray become Leader and champ. Then at the next Impact, have another group lead by Desmond Wolfe attack Aces & 8s in the manner of how Fortune attacked the ECW guys. Then have the Wolfe group destroy Aces and 8s in a manner of months. Cause we need a better group since Aces and 8s sucks.

While I was watching the end of Impact Wrestling the other day it dawned on me that maybe Hulk and Brooke are the masterminds behind this in order to take the company away from Dixie.

Or

Bully Ray will turn on The Hogans and join the Group either as the leader or as another member.

A bit boring perhaps, but if I should go for a somewhat realistic pick, I'd love to see Abyss as the leader. I'd have Park om Stings team, and when he finally snaps after a brutal beat-down, Park turns on Sting and reveals that the Abyss personality was repressed for whatever reason. By using the A&Es to cause "Park" as much suffering as possible, Abyss had planned to break the Park aspect and allow Abyss to resurface as the dominant personality.

If not Abyss, I'd love to see Raven, AJ Styles or Matt Hardy as the leader.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back