If you could rebook the winner of the 2011 Rumble who would it be?

I disagree, but for arguments sake, let's assume this argument is true. Isn't the Rumble about making stars, or taking the hottest act in the company and putting them over? Del Rio had just competed for the World Title in a TLC match at TLC 2010, and he was appearing on Raw and Smackdown every week in the weeks leading up to the Rumble. Batista was a made man after winning it all in 2005, and Benoit was pushed from mid-card to main event in 2004. The only problem with Del Rio here was after concluding his feud with Mysterio, he was floating around, getting wins every week on both Raw and Smackdown, but with no direction. prior.

Once again you make good points with everything you have said but there is one person that I still think was the better choice(Not counting punk at the time) Santino! I remember talking about if they really did not have a clear choice winner on who was going to win then Santino would not have been a bad choice only because it would be a WWE moment to remember. The guy who has the quicks elmination winning the biggest rumble ever the way he did would have been cool. Like I said though only if they did not have a clear choice. I think Del Rio fit in that boat. He was built like he could be a main eventer but he did not get the reaction like an up coming maineventer. Look back at when Batista and Benoit came out to the match. They got a huge reaction. I always felt if Del Rio debuted 2 or 3 months before he did he could have gotten a better response with that kind of built.

Also one thing off subject. The Royal Rumble is not about making new starts. It can but its not about that.
2000- The Rock won. He was in the main event of Mania the year before
2001- Stone Cold won. He already main evented 2 Mania's before and won the rumble match 2 times before
2002- HHH won. He was already a world Champion and main evented a Mania before
I could go on and on about Taker, Brock, Cena, Edge, Orton, Vince(lol), Bret Hart but you get my point

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back