If you could pick 1, What would it be?

What would be your Dream Match? (At Wrestlemania)

• Sting vs Undertaker

• Sting vs Shawn Michaels

• Undertaker vs John Cena

• Stone Cold vs Hulk Hogan

• Stone Cold vs John Cena

• Stone Cold vs CM Punk

• Stone Cold vs Goldberg

• Andre The Giant vs Big Show

Results are only viewable after voting.

2Sweet_4Life

Oasis Rule the World.
I was wondering if i could pick one dream match between any wrestlers past or present that has worked for any wrestling promotion,who would it be? For me it would be: Sting vs Shawn Michaels.
The man who has never stepped in a WWE ring vs The man who never stepped in a wCw ring. 2 legends at Wrestlemania stealing the show nothing would beat that for me.
So I'd like to hear your opinions on this match and what would be your No.1 Dream Match.

Personally, the top choices for me are:

Sting vs. Undertaker
Undertaker vs. John Cena
Stone Cold vs. CM Punk.

When it looked as though Sting was heading to WWE last year, rumors of him facing Taker at WM started like wildfire and people were excited. Sting is the biggest star of the past 40 years in American wrestling to have never worked for the McMahons. In terms of overall respect among both insiders and wrestling fans, Sting & Taker are both on similar levels. They're two revered legends that people can just sense would go out there and put on a great match that'd tell an incredible story. It'd be something that, in all honesty, could possibly have a once in a lifetime feel to it. Sting is well into his 50s right now, Taker is 47 and both simply don't have all that much time left. With Taker basically being used as a special attraction for WM, odds are that a match between them would be the one & only time we'd ever see them wrestle against each other. That in and of itself would make the match worth seeing.

As for Taker vs. Cena, it just seems like a very logical choice. John Cena has done everything that can be done. He's beaten everybody, he's won 12 World Championships, he's won the Royal Rumble, MITB, he's headlined every major show since the mid 2000s, he's the face of the company. He's done everything except try to end Taker's streak. Taker's streak is the one real mountain left in WWE for John Cena to conquer. As with most of Taker's matches at WM for many years now, this would have an epic feel to it and it'd be the kind of match that people would be talking about for a very long time.

For Stone Cold vs. CM Punk, I think a lot of people would view it as a passing the torch kind of situation. Stone Cold Steve Austin hasn't wrestled a match for a decade. Because he retired due to his nagging injuries, and was still relatively young when he did so, a lot of people felt that there was still potentially so much more that Austin could have done. Austin has never really had that match against a younger guy in which you just got a feeling that something significant happened in the sense that there was a changing of the guard. I'm not sure how well Austin can go, but I think Punk could carry him through a solid match that would be highly anticipated, have an epic feeling to it and would have people talking.

As for which I'd want to see the most...I'm not really sure, I'll have to think on it some more.

Easy as this, CM Punk "The Straight Edge Savior" versus Steve Austin "The Middle Finger Raising Redneck" the fued of a lifetime. It could potentially be the best fued in WWE history. While they are similar in Discriminating authority, and speaking as the voice of the voiceless, they live teo different lifestyles. A texas born Rattlesnake with a bad attitude, and enough whoopass to save a lifetime. On the other hand, a Chicago born Straight Edge Stuperstar, Underdog, and loudmouth. The War of the Words.

The build up to this match would be incredible. Constant Mic battles, Punk dropping pipe bombs, Cold raising fingers, it would be the ultimate hype. The match would be great because on one end we have an in-ring technical icon, CM Punk, and the other, a completely original wrestling style. This match, in my mind, could be the best wrestlemania match of all time.

Based on your poll choices:

Sting vs. Undertaker
I believe this is just a case where the gimmicks for both Stars would be cool to watch. That’s about it.

Sting vs. Shawn Michaels
I wouldn’t mind seeing this as long as the WolfPack and DX come out mid-match.

Undertaker vs. John Cena
This could still happen, and the worse part of this is Cena could actually break the Streak.

Stone Cold vs. Hulk Hogan
I pick this match as the Dream Match I want to see, but not at WM XXIX, more like WM X8, but that’s for another thread.

Stone Cold vs. John Cena
To me, this is the true passing of the torch. Hogan vs. Rock / Rock vs. Cena. I think Stone Cold should have been in the Rock’s place or at least had his own matches against Hogan and Cena.

Stone Cold vs. CM Punk
To drink or not to drink. To me, it’s not really a Dream Match as much as a Hogan vs. Austin vs. Cena Triple Threat match could be. This is more like Rock vs. Brock / Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels at SummerSlam type of match.

Stone Cold vs. Goldberg
I always wanted to see this during the Monday Night Wars. I also wanted to see the Rock vs. Booker T. at least we got one out of two. It’s not on my list of Dream Matches I want to see anymore.

Andre The Giant vs. Big Show
This is as exciting as Andre the Giant vs. Big John Studd or King Kong Bundy. This is as exciting as Big Show vs. Undertaker or Kane. The only exciting part about this is that it never happened before.

Nothing can be bigger than the idea of Hulk Hogan vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin…except for maybe adding Cena to the match and making it a Triple Threat match.

Mine is Sting/Undertaker. It really speaks for itself. Sting the career WCW guy, vs The Phenom 20 plus years and running in the WWE. I am not saying it would be the best match now, (would have preferred to see it before Sting went to TNA), but just their presence together in the ring would be off the chart. Close second for me would be Stone Cold/hogan, and again some years ago.

From your list, Stone Cold vs Hulk Hogan and Taker vs Sting are cool and all, and they can happen currently so for that reason I'd pick one of them.

But I gotta go for the biggest one you left out for whatever reason and that's The Rock vs Shawn Michaels. That isnt even deserving to be left off the list even if there was an other option, that match should be on the list.

and if you have Andre on the list then Bret vs Kurt should be on the list as well, these are obvious dream matches even WWE listed in their tops that not just me, but multiple fans have wanted for years. How can you leave out the obvious?

Well as biased as I am towards Austin, I'm going with Sting vs. Shawn Michaels. Out of every match on the list, I think these two would've put on the better match, whether this happened in their prime or in the present. I could see this one going down like a classic Flair/Sting style matchup. Sting starting out the match with the upper hand, before Shawn gets in the drivers seat later on in the match. Shawn delivers some knife edge chops to Sting's chest, and Sting just stares at HBK, taking the shots & feeling no affect. Sting hulks up on Shawn, and Shawn backs away, begging off Sting, but Sting whips his ass all over the ring, sending him flipping & flopping around everywhere. Then at the end of the match Shawn goes for the Sweet Chin Music but Sting catches his leg, trips him up on the floor and locks in the Scorpion Deathlock for the win. This is the way I imagine it going down at least. I'd also throw in a DX interference, with Sting taking em all out before the finish, if we're talking about this happening back in the day.

I'd also love to see Sting vs. The Rock, which I could also imagine going down a bit similar to Flair/Sting, and Sting vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Sting dream matches are the best.

Of the ones listed i went with Stone Cold vs Hulk Hogan..The 2 biggest stars ever facing off would have been amazing.
1 that's not on your list i would have loved would be Bret Hart vs Kurt Angle...a wrestling clinic for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back