If You Are British And Over 18, Look At This Thread

Daniel

Of Ace Stevens fame.
Not only is it the local council elections tomorrow, more importantly, it is the second nationwide referendum in the history of the United Kingdom.

In my opinion, the UK could change for the better tomorrow with the changing of the electoral system from the unfair first-past-the-post system to the slightly more fair Alternative Vote system.

Are you going to vote? What are you going to vote for and why? Do you even care?

Yes to AV. It should be AV+ but meh this'll do for now.

There is a Scottish Government election tomorrow too. I'll be voting for AV and the SNP.

Was there a vote for which PR system should be used as the alternative to FPTP? As the Single Transferable Vote wasn't an option I'm sticking with FPTP for now, and SNP.

Did not know Dave was Scottish too, the things you learn on forums!

I voted this morning. Having voted for SNP in both the National and the Local Government election and AV in the referendum, I am happy with myself.

My day has consisted of being in bed, getting up briefly to change DVDs, getting in the bath, and getting back in bed. Besides, AV won't happen, and Labour will get the most votes in my area, as always.

I want AV and English Devolution. Not gunna happen :(

Just voted no to AV. No real reason to be honest, I just don't fancy things changing TOO much.

Yep, Labour always wins my constituency, it almost makes voting pointless. Except in Scotland we have a good voting system in place. AV should happen. People who don't want it to happen are pretty selfish, to be fair.

Just voted no to AV. No real reason to be honest, I just don't fancy things changing TOO much.

AV is without a doubt the better voting system, and if you can't see that then you're a fucking ******.

How is No to AV selfish? And I'm pretty sure the only reason the Lib Dems want it is is because they stand to gain more seats. But that's not selfish at all..

Well... Yeah.

Lee got it right. If you have any sort of sense, you should see that AV is a much better and MUCH FAIRER voting system. So many votes get wasted every single election. This way, the public actually gets represented better. If AV doesn't come into play this time, I am willing to bet that it will be at least another 20 years before the question is ever asked of us again.

How is No to AV selfish? And I'm pretty sure the only reason the Lib Dems want it is is because they stand to gain more seats. But that's not selfish at all..

Because the main reason people vote against it is because the party they support stand to lose more seats than gain. For example, The Conservatives do not want to give into AV and quite right because they would suffer.

If you want to see the country governed right, then AV is the fairest option that has been suggested thus far. FPTP is completely flawed to it's core.

It's the better voting system that's actually represents more of what the people want than FPTP. The COns got 36% overall vote in the last election, that's the majority of people voting AGAINST but cameron's PM.

AV is without a doubt the better voting system, and if you can't see that then you're a fucking ******.

Woah, talk about handbags.

To be honest, I couldn't give a bloody fuck about voting or politics. My one, tiny, insignificant vote ain't gonna change anything so why care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back