If You Are British And Over 18, Look At This Thread

I knew you'd say that, but that sort of policy continues. I could equally have said "factories" and "New Labour", except they're obviously more popular in Wales.

People didn't vote no to AV. They voted no to the LibDems.

I would say the main reason people voted against AV wasn't because it was the LibDems that were advocating it. Rather, it was because the LibDems did such a shitty job of advocating it.

AV is clearly a better system and I'm absolutely disgusted with the way the vote went. I'd also be disgusted with the blatant lying the No Campaign run but seeing as it was funded by the Conservatives, being lying bastards was to be expected. Right now I'll settle for the Libs collapsing the government and seeing how well the Cons do with a significant minority that only 35% of the country voted for.

Not necessarily. I mean, I completely agree with so many votes seemingly wasted each election - I just stated earlier that I didn't see the point going when Labour always wins in my constituency. But I don't think AV is fairer necessarily. One person, one vote is what our democracy is built upon. Not "Oh well who you want doesn't have enough so we'll give your vote to your second choice..oh no, wait, you can have a third vote.." And I don't listen to anything Nick Clegg says, it's all lies.

I hoped for better from you. Voter apathy is exactly why this system should have been accepted. It was supposed to stop people saying "Oh well my choice can't win so I won't vote anyway" The idea being you could vote for whoever you want, even if it was a throwaway vote, and if it did turn out to be pointless you could still have your say.
Instead we now get to keep a system that actively encourages apathy and tactical voting instead of voting for who you actually want and the end result is a government that didn't win the election and is only supported by 3.5 out of the 10 people who did actually bother to vote (65%).

Rough numbers on the general election

20000000 potential voters
13000000 actual voters
4565000 voted Conservative

Hurrah for first past the post and the Conservatives who are in charge despite getting less than 25% support total. What a brilliant system that 70% decided to keep today, the braindead Sun reading sheep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back