• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If the Jets win the Superbowl, I'll change my name

And they say Jets fans are more obnoxious than Pats fans? At least we didn't overlook the match up.

One win away from the big one, Señor. I still can't believe it.

To be fair I think Jets fans are prolly the only fans on earth that didn't overlook the match-up, everyone in including the "experts" were calling for a Pats blowout again

Señor Truth;2757883 said:
Everyone knows that Boston fans are the worst.

Not even close, Steeler fans are by far the most obnoxious sports fans I have ever come in contact with, their abiltiy to turn a blind eye to everything that negative to come out of that franchise is simply un-fucking-believable, after them I would say Philly fans are prolly the second worst

And I do think that the Jets can win this.

I certainly hope so, just because I would love to see LT get to a SB before his career is over, the rest of the team I could care less about

Interesting little fact, if the Jets and Pack both win next week, it'll be the first time in SB history that the two 6 seeds meet in the SB, and another little fact, no 6 seed has ever won the NFC, so should GB win next week they'll be making history

Señor Truth;2757971 said:
I guess that's because there are far less of them and the fact that I deal with Boston fans for two sports.

Not even close, Steeler fans are by far the most obnoxious sports fans I have ever come in contact with, their abiltiy to turn a blind eye to everything that negative to come out of that franchise is simply un-fucking-believable, after them I would say Philly fans are prolly the second worst

And I live in PA, and deal with Steeler fans. As someone who's rivaled by Boston teams in the 2 major sports, Boston fans are my rival. But Steeler fans are just (generally speaking) assholes.

Actually, I do not really have problems with Eagles fans. in fact, most of them are pretty cool to me, at least the ones I deal with. It's one of the reasons I actually don't hate the Eagles.

To be fair I think Jets fans are prolly the only fans on earth that didn't overlook the match-up, everyone in including the "experts" were calling for a Pats blowout again
The only expert who I saw pick the Jets was the greatest ESPN analyst of all time, Herm Edwards.

I certainly hope so, just because I would love to see LT get to a SB before his career is over, the rest of the team I could care less about
LT and Jason Taylor are 2 of the classiest guys in the entire league. They both are guys people should like to see hoist the Lombardi Trophy.
Interesting little fact, if the Jets and Pack both win next week, it'll be the first time in SB history that the two 6 seeds meet in the SB, and another little fact, no 6 seed has ever won the NFC, so should GB win next week they'll be making history
That would be awesome. Not to mention it may be the best matchup of the 4 left. Plus I want the Jets to get revenge for the Week 8 terribly played game (9-0, and the Jets gave it away).

Keyshawn picked the Jets...
forgot about him. He's 2 for 2 on upsets this playoffs (he picked the Seahawks to beat the Saints).

Still, the point is that 99% of all the experts were not giving the Jets a chance. Turns out they were dead wrong, as the Jets dominated the entire game.

I have a question Stormtrooper, When/if the Steelers beat the Jets, what will be your reaction. Don't give me that "They won't" bullshit, because you know that will be a hard game for the Jets. Hey, the Pats beat the Jets, then the Jets beat the Pats. Jets beat the Steelers....Steelers beat the Jets. You can't use the reg season game as argument, because your Jets disproved that. It will be a tough game for your Jets...but hey...maybe they can do it.

What will you do? All I know, is if the Jets beat the Steelers, I'll be rooting for the Packers or Bears in the Bowl.

Steeler fans BY ME are worse. They're the only ones whom have tried to actually pick a fight with me.

This will be another defensive matchup. Thankfully I have full faith in the Jets defense to get past the absolutely deplorable Steeler O-Line. The Jets (like the first 2 weeks) should be able to win the battle up front, which gives them a huge advantage. And Troy Polamalu isn't 100%, and while he is the 2nd best player on the 2 teams (Revis 1), I think the Jets will still be able to move the football.

See, you win me over by liking Zack Ryder and then make this statement.

Honestly, I think Troy Polamalu is possibly the best defensive player in the NFL. Revis is up there in the elite, but Polamalu is the one I'd pick any day. There are few D players that cover the whole field and change entire game outcomes like he does.

And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm a Steeler fan. Speaking of the Steeler fans being the worst, I don't believe that's true either, they're more loyal than obnoxious, although they do come across as being obnoxious at times while being loyal.

I live in Boston, trust me, Boston sports fans are THE ABSOLUTE WORST. They literally think the sporting world revolves around them. The only fans of any team I've met that piss me off more than Red Sox and Pats fans are Yankees fans. I'm a die-hard Devils fan and I hate Red Sox fans more than Flyers or Rangers fans, they are the obnoxious.

I have a question Stormtrooper, When/if the Steelers beat the Jets, what will be your reaction. Don't give me that "They won't" bullshit, because you know that will be a hard game for the Jets. Hey, the Pats beat the Jets, then the Jets beat the Pats. Jets beat the Steelers....Steelers beat the Jets. You can't use the reg season game as argument, because your Jets disproved that. It will be a tough game for your Jets...but hey...maybe they can do it.

What will you do? All I know, is if the Jets beat the Steelers, I'll be rooting for the Packers or Bears in the Bowl.
And this is further proof. WHEN the Steelers beat the Jets my ass. Fucking hell, man, you can't come here and say the Jets have no chance (which you do by saying WHEN). More proof, thank you very much.

And IF the Jets lose, I'd be upset that my team lost, and that's it. Nothing more, nothing less, barring any unforeseen circumstances.

See, you win me over by liking Zack Ryder and then make this statement.

Honestly, I think Troy Polamalu is possibly the best defensive player in the NFL. Revis is up there in the elite, but Polamalu is the one I'd pick any day. There are few D players that cover the whole field and change entire game outcomes like he does.
It's debatable. And right now, Revis is playing at his best, and Polamalu isn't. Basically what I'm saying is that you'd be happy with either one, but I'd prefer Revis, especially with the way the Jets play D. There are other people like Polamalu (Ed Reed). There's NO ONE like Revis in the entire league.

And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm a Steeler fan. Speaking of the Steeler fans being the worst, I don't believe that's true either, they're more loyal than obnoxious, although they do come across as being obnoxious at times while being loyal.
You don't know the people I know then. MOST of the ones I know are obnoxious assholes, and as I said the only football fans that actually would try to start a fight because of fucking Football. Not Patriot fans, not Dolphin fans, not Raider fans, not even Eagles fans. Just the Steelers fan treat me like crap.

And this is further proof. WHEN the Steelers beat the Jets my ass. Fucking hell, man, you can't come here and say the Jets have no chance (which you do by saying WHEN). More proof, thank you very much.

And IF the Jets lose, I'd be upset that my team lost, and that's it. Nothing more, nothing less, barring any unforeseen circumstances.

It's debatable. And right now, Revis is playing at his best, and Polamalu isn't. Basically what I'm saying is that you'd be happy with either one, but I'd prefer Revis, especially with the way the Jets play D. There are other people like Polamalu (Ed Reed). There's NO ONE like Revis in the entire league.

You don't know the people I know then. MOST of the ones I know are obnoxious assholes, and as I said the only football fans that actually would try to start a fight because of fucking Football. Not Patriot fans, not Dolphin fans, not Raider fans, not even Eagles fans. Just the Steelers fan treat me like crap.

I would argue that there may be people LIKE Polamalu, but no one can change an entire game and cover an entire field like he can, no one I've seen yet. You're right though, any coach would be happy with either one.

I would argue that there may be people LIKE Polamalu, but no one can change an entire game and cover an entire field like he can, no one I've seen yet. You're right though, any coach would be happy with either one.
Ed Reed. Again. Ed Reed has been Troy Polamalu before Troy Polamalu was Troy Polamalu.

And the other key part is (like Polamalu) WHEN HEALTHY.

Troy isn't healthy. He played poorly this week, and hasn't been healthy in forever. Kinda hard to expect him to be 100%.

Ed Reed. Again. Ed Reed has been Troy Polamalu before Troy Polamalu was Troy Polamalu.

And the other key part is (like Polamalu) WHEN HEALTHY.

Troy isn't healthy. He played poorly this week, and hasn't been healthy in forever. Kinda hard to expect him to be 100%.

Couple of things here ST.

1. I have never, eveeeeeeeeeerrrr been a dick to you in my life, despite my hatred for any team from the New York/New Jersey area. I was born and raised a half hour from Pittsburgh, and have never given you crap. Ive even asked your opinion on things, because I respected it.

2. Reed and Polamalu play different positions. Reed is a free safety, Polamalu a strong safety. Two completely different positions with completely different responsibilities. There's noone in the league like him that plays the position the way he has.

3. Polamalu spent much of the game covering Todd Heap against Baltimore. His line against the Chiefs was 10-106-1. His line against the Steelers was 3-46-1.

4. Its hard for me, looking at the game objectively, to see the Jets winning this one. The way they celebrated after the win over The Pats was as if they won the Super Bowl. The Steelers went about their business after the game. You didn't see guys doing cartwheels and flaming the Ravens in the media the way Cromartie and Revis have. While Im sure they'll be "up for" the game, its hard for me to imagine the Jets having the same emotional fire playing against the Steelers that they did against the Pats.

Actually, I do not really have problems with Eagles fans. in fact, most of them are pretty cool to me, at least the ones I deal with. It's one of the reasons I actually don't hate the Eagles.

Have ya ever lived in Philly, kid? I have. Philly people are the most obnoxious a-holes Ive ever met in my entire life. My first day driving in the city I accidentally cut a guy off, and i apologized at the stop light. He wanted me to get out of his car and fight him. He was far more representative of the Philadelphia sports fans that I met then the ones who actually were nice. One guy I can remember stopped and helped my wife and I when our battery died after a VR concert, and thats about it. The rest of them would rather spit at you then look at you.

Not the case at all. People in pittsburgh, for the most part, were calling for Ben to be traded after the Milledgesville incident. Stories came out of the woodwork about how poorly Ben had treated people in bars, restaurants, and nightclubs. I was surprised at all of this, personally, because I met him at training camp before his second year and I was on crutches after ankle surgery and the guy went out of his way to talk to me for 10 minutes. Doesnt make me think he's less of a prick for what he did.

Couple of things here ST.

1. I have never, eveeeeeeeeeerrrr been a dick to you in my life, despite my hatred for any team from the New York/New Jersey area. I was born and raised a half hour from Pittsburgh, and have never given you crap. Ive even asked your opinion on things, because I respected it.

Have ya ever lived in Philly, kid? I have. Philly people are the most obnoxious a-holes Ive ever met in my entire life. My first day driving in the city I accidentally cut a guy off, and i apologized at the stop light. He wanted me to get out of his car and fight him. He was far more representative of the Philadelphia sports fans that I met then the ones who actually were nice. One guy I can remember stopped and helped my wife and I when our battery died after a VR concert, and thats about it. The rest of them would rather spit at you then look at you.
And I have NEVER, EVER said ANYTHING bad about you in particular. All I've said is that MOST of the Steeler fans I deal with (especially while watching football) near me are utter assholes. That's fact, and any non-Steeler fan near me would agree. I happen to like you, because while we disagree, you seem to be of one of the Steeler fans that aren't assholes.

Don't take any of what I said personal, it wasn't. Other fans give people like you a bad name. And if I lived in/near Philly, I might be saying similar things about Eagles fans. But I don't. I can only attest for the people whom I have met, and the ones whom I have met (again, FOR THE MOST PART) are scum.

2. Reed and Polamalu play different positions. Reed is a free safety, Polamalu a strong safety. Two completely different positions with completely different responsibilities. There's noone in the league like him that plays the position the way he has.
They are both ballhawking safeties. They both are known for similar things. Hence the comparisons.
3. Polamalu spent much of the game covering Todd Heap against Baltimore. His line against the Chiefs was 10-106-1. His line against the Steelers was 3-46-1.
So the entire offense played like shit for Baltimore. And is putting Troy Polamalu in man coverage really the best way to go about using him? I'd say not necessarily, since 3-46-1 is pretty good, considering the 1 means he scored a TD. Also, not to sound like someone just regurgitating what the analysts said, but I heard not a single analyst say anything about Polamalu looking good. More of it was about Polamalu not being 100%.

4. Its hard for me, looking at the game objectively, to see the Jets winning this one. The way they celebrated after the win over The Pats was as if they won the Super Bowl. The Steelers went about their business after the game. You didn't see guys doing cartwheels and flaming the Ravens in the media the way Cromartie and Revis have. While Im sure they'll be "up for" the game, its hard for me to imagine the Jets having the same emotional fire playing against the Steelers that they did against the Pats.
They did the same thing after the Indy game (Braylon did the backflip, the team celebrated, etc). That's the Jets, you can't look at that and say they will be flat the next week.

And they might not need the same emotional fire. The Jets might just be BETTER then the Steelers. They've beaten them before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back