Icon Vs. Icon: Sting Vs. HBK

Who's The Bigger Icon

• Sting

• Shawn Michaels

Results are only viewable after voting.
I suppose you think everyone bought Mania 23 because they knew Shawn would put on a five star match according to PWI.

Yeah that is why I bought it, and it delivered in every way. Let me know whenSting had a 4 or 5 star match with someone other than proven workers with a good in ring reputation.

So now you're saying Cena isn't a proven worker. He is the most dedicated performer out there right now. It takes two to tango out there and Michaels surely wasnt the only one in that ring that night.

Now onto Sting, You say Sting hasn't put on any good matches. Ummmmm. How about Ric Flair, Nikita Koloff, Great Muta, Rick Rude, Big Van Vader, and has made Buff Bagwell and Lex Luger look like a million bucks. There are many more people he's had great encounters with.

Yeah that is why I bought it, and it delivered in every way. Let me know when Sting had a 4 or 5 star match with someone other than proven workers with a good in ring reputation.

Let me know when people start giving a shit about what PWI has to say. Again, if we are quoting that publication than Bret Hart is better than HBK because Bret Hart was named number four on the PWI top 500 list while HBK was number 10. There, by your own logic I just won every HBK vs Hart debate on this forum.

That means he has respect of his peers which is more important than anything.

No, it means he's in the ear of the boss, the guy who controls what is said on every highly edited WWE DVD. Its also assine to say Sting doesn't have the respect of his peers. The guy took a small TNA contract just to put over other stars.

Royal Rumble 95 was in the sun dome, in Tampa Florida, which has a capacity of roughly 16,000. The one that was held in the Alamo Dome featured HBK Vs Phsyco Sid for the world title. San Antonio is HBK's hometown. If the ROYAL RUMBLE cant sell out with the hometown boy going for the gold. the WWE is in a sad state. That proves nothing of any kind of drawing ability from HBK, and is a fairly ridiculous example.

i said dont quote me, but u apprantely cant comprehend that

yea i know san antonio is his hometown, but do u honestly think ALL of the people there were from san antonio?

and throw in the fact that the tickets were sold months in advance.
the people who bought those had no idea what match he would be in
i would say it is a good example

i said dont quote me, but u apprantely cant comprehend that

I wouldn't back talk him. Plus there is a quote button and all he was doing was making a point.

yea i know san antonio is his hometown, but do u honestly think ALL of the people there were from san antonio?

Im willing to venture a guess that it was 95% full of Texans there to cheer on there hometown boy. Other people probably came to see him too. He is Shawn Michaels afterall.

and throw in the fact that the tickets were sold months in advance. the people who bought those had no idea what match he would be in i would say it is a good example

It was a fucking Pay Per View. The Royal Rumble no less so people were paying to see the Royal Rumble. That was the main attraction not Shawn Michaels. The Rumble almost always sells out and it never happens because Shawn Michaels is going to be there.

Monkey is right. Dont worry though, you will receive your infractions for these continual spam posts when I get home from work, and have nothing other to focus on but YOU

And you pretty much disproved your own point. The rumble sold out long before HBK was in the main event title match. EXACTLY. SO therefore, the rumble sold it self, regardless of what Shawn was doing, so he you basically just proved that HBK didnt draw that huge crowd at all. He couldve been just another guy in the rumble at the point of the sell out.

Sting vs HBK. . . . my head says Sting, he was the top man in the occasionally top company and the fans loved him, to take away from that though he was working with already established stars (Hogan, Flair)
my heart says HBK simply because he entertained me more, he didnt draw as well as Sting but he didnt have the advantage of working with other guys who the crowd loved (except Bret, Taker and Austin) instead he was leading the up and comers of the WWE and I think a lot of WWE's success in the long run was partially down to him (dropping the title to Austin etc...) to take away from that if the rumours are true he was an arrogant bastard and was part of the kliq (of which he is the only good thing to come out of)

I think I will go with Shawn, not for whos better for wrestling or anything like that, but because of who I prefer, as great as Sting is, he will always take a backseat to Michaels........ for me anyway

Im willing to venture a guess that it was 95% full of Texans there to cheer on there hometown boy. Other people probably came to see him too. He is Shawn Michaels afterall.

It was a fucking Pay Per View. The Royal Rumble no less so people were paying to see the Royal Rumble. That was the main attraction not Shawn Michaels. The Rumble almost always sells out and it never happens because Shawn Michaels is going to be there.

Why are you contradicting yourself?
First you say it was (prob.) 95% full of Texans there to cheer HBK

Then you say "It was a fucking Pay Per View" saying the ppl were there to see the RR not HBK. So why was it 95% full of Texans there to cheer HBK, but they would rather watch the Rumble?
What you said made no sense.
If you can please clarify it for me
Maybe Im just not understanding what you are trying to say

:undertaker2:

Why are you contradicting yourself?
First you say it was (prob.) 95% full of Texans there to cheer HBK

Then you say "It was a fucking Pay Per View" saying the ppl were there to see the RR not HBK. So why was it 95% full of Texans there to cheer HBK, but they would rather watch the Rumble?
What you said made no sense.
If you can please clarify it for me
Maybe Im just not understanding what you are trying to say

:undertaker2:

I'm not. If you are the hometown boy. you are going to get an epic reaction whenever. They were there going to cheer him, but that not why they bought the tickets to the rumble. People buy tickets to the Royal Rumble to see ummmm..... The ROYAL RUMBLE. So for those in attendence it was just Icing on the cake for Michaels fans when he won it.

I'm not. If you are the hometown boy. you are going to get an epic reaction whenever. They were there going to cheer him, but that not why they bought the tickets to the rumble. People buy tickets to the Royal Rumble to see ummmm..... The ROYAL RUMBLE. So for those in attendence it was just Icing on the cake for Michaels fans when he won it.

Alright I understand now what you mean.
But I still think if HBK was hurt most of the fans who went there would have sold their tickets on eBay or some other website like that (if the internet was there like it is now).

I just feel that way. Like if he wasn't there the place would not have sold out like it did.

But to me Michaels is still better in every way

Michaels didnt have options to wrestle ppl like Flair or Hogan, who had great power to bring in the big money and draws.

Michaels when he was champion had to carry the company on his back, only after WM 14 did they have someone who could carry the company (SCSA) who Michaels did the 'job' for.

Hey Slim I never mentioned who was a better champion. When the WWE was getting the lowest rating ever. Tell me what WCW was doing. It took Hogan and the NWO to start the ratings war. Not Sting. Then Goldberg and the Hogan/Sting feud is what was beating Raw. Like you said Shawn couldn't carry a company by himself, neither could Sting. Now can you say that today Sting is better than Shawn. Even though all Sting has done lately is interviews.

800px-Monday_night_wars_ratings.gif

Hogan was a big part, but it wasn't until the Sting situation at Wargames when WCW truly started to put a beat down on the Shawn Michaels led WWF Raw in September of 1996. You can give credit to Hogan, which he deserves, but that angle doesn't work for as long as it did without Sting being the protagonist. Sting deserves every bit of credit for making the n.W.o. Work as well as Hogan does. When you look at that chart, it clearly shows Michaels weakness as a drawing champion. Much of WCW's success was built around the mystery surrounding Sting, and only Sting can take credit for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back