• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IC25's New Article - Who Takes Edge's Spot?

Who Do You Think Will Best Fill Edge's Shoes?

• Christian

• Alberto del Rio

• Chris Jericho

• Wade Barrett

• Cody Rhodes

• Triple H

• Anyone from Raw

• Dolph Ziggler

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
TheLambofDeth is absolutely right. They need an established star on Smackdown. That's why they move Randy over. The other wrestlers though good weren't at a level of popularity high enough to lead the Smackdown brand.

I wonder what role Randy will play over there? Would he have more matches? Or would he be RKO'ing everyone who crosses his path, as he did in RAW. People love the RKO and it never ceases to amaze the crowd. But to be honest, I'm getting a little tired of watching him do his RKO. Whenever he is in the ring, I knew it would always end with an RKO, just as you would expect Stone Cold pull a stunner whenever he was in the ring. I'm not saying that he should change, I'm just saying that I knew what to expect from this character he play, and I get bored seeing the same plot.

Back the question, I think Randy Orton will be taking Edge's place on Smackdown.

It will without a doubt be Randy Orton. They sent him to Smackdown for that very reason. Nobody can "replace" Edge but Randy can attempt to fill his shoes better than anyone. Edge had been the face of Smackdown for months, Randy would have been the face of Raw if Cena wasnt holding that spot so now after battling for that spot on Raw for so long he gets to be the king of his old home of Smackdown. I cant wait to see him mix things up on friday nights once again!

It's painfully obvious it's Randy Orton. That's why he got drafted in the first place. In order to fill the void left by Edge. And truth be told, had Edge not have been forced to retire, I think Orton would've stayed on RAW. I have this feeling that Christian will be overshadowed by Orton and I really hope I'm wrong. He's real life best friends with Edge, the man who was the face of Smackdown just prior to retiring. I think with that, he can easily be propelled into being the face of Smackdown and the fans would buy it. I hope he'll still be able to shine and share the spotlight with Orton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back