World Heavyweight Champion Christian: Who Plays the foil?

World Heavyweight Champion Christian: Who plays the foil?

• Sheamus

• HHH

• Sheamus

• The Undertaker

• Randy Orton

• Mark Henry

• Mr. Money in the bank

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

LSN80

King Of The Ring
You can post in the John Cena one in the Raw sction, but this one is about Captain Charisma himself, Christian.

At Wrestlemania 27, Edge defeated ALberto Del Rio to retain his 11th World Championship. The following Smackdown, Del Rio won a No.1 Contenders Match to earn the right to face Edge once again for the title, at Extreme Rules, for the World Heavyweight Championship. Then this happened.....

[YOUTUBE]2WToCekmaiQ[/YOUTUBE]

Becuse of this, Del Rio had no opponent for Extreme Rules. So Teddy Long announced a battle royal to fill the spot opposite Del Rio at Extreme Rules. Christian last eliminated Jack Swagger for the victory and to become the other No. 1 Contender, earning his first opportunity to challenge for a major title within WWE. And at Extreme Rules, Christian, after Edge neutralized interference from Brodus Clay, won his first major championship, and a major mark out moment for me. But it leads to my first question: Why do you think they chose now to put the title on Christian?

Ive always felt Christian was an underrated, and unappreciated superstar, possibly because of his size. But he's not anymore, as he's the World Heavyweight Champion. But with the title comes challengers, and the inevitable defeat of Christian, and a new champion. So thats what we're going to talk about here.

The first name that pops to mind is Randy Orton. He was drafted to Smackdown to fill the major star void left by the departing Edge, and he's always a threat to win the title. Despite two consecutive losses to Kofi Kingston, and the subsequent loss of the US Title, Sheamus has been rebuilt, and could step into the top heel role left by the departing Del Rio to Raw. The man who ruled Smackdown in 2008, Triple H, could return to the "B" show, and be an immediate threat to the title. Noone knows the status of the Undertaker, but should he return, he would be a distinct possibility. Dark horses to me include the recently turned heel Maark Henry, IC Champion Wade Barrett if properly rebuilt. Cody Rhodes is intriguing, as his character has been fasinating, and well worked. And of course there's the Money in the Bank winnerin July, should Christian still hold the title by then. Alll of this leads me to a few questions:

Who will end Christian's first World Championship reign?

When will it take place?

If you were booking it, how would it play out?
Have fun with this. :)

Who will end Christian's first World Championship reign?

Orton. That oily prick needs to be the champion, apparently.

When will it take place?

I'd probably say Over the Limit, seeing it would be extremely illogical for it to happen anywhere else.

If you were booking it, how would it play out?

I'd let Christian run with it. He actually looks like a champion unlike Orton. And a run is well deserved but sadly, Vince never felt Christian to be a viable champion and he feels that that fool Orton deserves it more for some godforsaken reason.

As for the booking I'd probably have a tweener vs face role. Let it continue, and let Orton dominate Christian and implying that he'll be always superior than him. At Over the Limit Christian surprises everyone and wins it. Orton ups the stakes but keeps losing until finally he admits that Christian was well deserving of the title. A final bout can take place at Summer Slam and Orton will take the belt. Christian bows out as the new face of smackdown is crowned.

Id say Randy Orton because he is going to the be face of Smackdown.

I would let Orton beat Christian in a very crazy way , making orton seem like the heel in the whole situation, at the next PPV. Letting the fans becoming extremely irritated with orton. Legend Killer Type Orton

Then Orton goes on rant how Christian only won the title because of Edge and thats hes undeserving and shouldnt have even held the title to begin with. This in turn turns Orton into a Mega heel and Christian into a Mega face.

All culminating with Christian beating Orton at SummerSlam and the good DESERVING guy winning the title back.

Thats my ideal way of doing the fued.

It simply has to be Randy Orton and I am hoping for an Orton heel turn sometime soon on Smackdown, in the same way that Batista turned heel after moving from Raw to Smackdown a couple of years ago. A (face) Christian / (heel) Orton feud would be extremely entertaining and would make for some decent matches. You could drag this one out for quite some time too. I disagree with Italian NYC on one thing - I think Christian needs to hold onto the belt UNTIL then and lose it to Orton @ Summerslam, a major PPV. There have been too many times when the title changes hands, especially the WHC. Let Christian keep it until at least Summerslam, even if that means keeping Orton and Christian apart until July.

It will without a shadow of a doubt be orton, Vince has said numerous times that Christian is not ME material, which I think the majority of people feel different. If and when this happens i do believe the fans will turn on Orton and Vince. I would like to see them have a good long battle going back and forth for the title for like 4 months. Orton comes in saying Christian only has the belt because he is Edge's BF now that the Viper is here he striking out and taking that belt.

Well as long as christian doesn't keep it. Im satisfied. Wouldn't like mark Henry with it either.

Wade barrett would be good.. I Imagine orton would end up with it, He is up their with john cena as far as stars go.

I was hoping for a mrak henry and christian feud since mark henry dropped him on his head. It would be a nice feud for mark henrys last year or two in this company. It does not matter if he gets the title, as long as he has some great matches before he goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back