WWE Extreme Rules - Vacant WHC - Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio - Ladder Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what?? Miz or Morrison could be drafted in the supplimental draft. Whoever gets drafted will win the WWE championship at Extreme Rules and then Alberto Del Rio could win the World title and bring it to RAW. So, this scenario is highly unlikely but it could happen. But the most likely thing is for Christian to finally do what he dreamt of.

they aren't going to draft main eventers in the supplemental draft, Icon...that's for lower card guys who wouldn't make for exciting TV(or what the derps running WWE creative think is exciting in any case).

If it's not Christian this will make zero sense...Raw with two world titles? I mean even they'd have to have somebody lose their title really soon to a Smackdown challenger...

Unless WWE is setting up a Cena/Del Rio Unification match there's really no way Del Rio winning would be a good thing after being drafted to Raw

Though all of you have made some very compelling (and some not) theories about Christian's guarantee to win the WHC at ER, you have all missed a very important element...Alberto Del Rio!! Remember his reaction to being drafted to Raw immediately after they called his name. He was practically disgusted with the move. His character is very conniving, underhanded individual who is a rich elitist. He will find a way to remain on Smackdown! and attain his destiny...at least to keep the story true. Though the idea of JoMo winning the WWE title and bringing it to Smackdown via supplemental draft, it's highly unlikely.

T. Lo will do what the Bischoff did with HHH in '05 or '06 and trade some reasonable mid-carders (3 or 4) to get ADR back to Friday Nights or he will just buy his way back to SmackDown! 'cause there is no way that Miz or Morrison will go over in the supplemental draft. But if these don't happen then Christian WILL be WHC and he deserves it 'cause he brings it week in & week out and better for him to win it now than have him win at WM or in 6 months time when he's getting over-shadowed by Orton every week.

We all know the supplemental draft is for guys that ain't top contender's
but what they could do is have Del Rio win on sunday and have Miz(c)
& Del Rio(c) come face to face on Raw. Then raw g.m interrupts says there's
only room for 1 world champion on raw then have Del Rio vs Miz
loser goes to smackdown. HEEL VS HEEL and it could even be where miz
makes his face turn.

People are all ruling out any "main event" players moving in the supplimental draft, but normally the draft is 3 hours long and wouldnt feature 20+mins of JR/King/Cole/Swagger.

So you could argue they were an hour and 20mins short of time on Raw. In that scenario they may have felt they didnt have enough time to build up another "big move" so why not take advantage of the supplemental draft?

They surprised many with the Cena double draft and Orton/Del Rio being traded too, so why not more surprises in the supplemental draft? i know ill be tuning in...

I have a small feeling Miz is going to Smackdown in the Draft that takes place on wwe.com.. It was planned that Del Rio vs. Cena at SummerSlam, although it is a rumour, and also saying that Miz was planned to move to Smackdown.. Who knows, it could still happen..

So I'm thinking Del Rio wins the World title, moves to Raw with it, and Miz retains and moves to Smackdown.. Either that or Christian is defo the new WHC.

I would not bank on a Christian victory. While it does seem likely, Vince likes to stray from the obvious and can be full of surprises. Del Rio could win and both major titles could be part of RAW, at least for a night.

Remember 2008? WWE Champ Triple H drafted to Smackdown and Edge (Smackdown superstar) retains WHC vs Batista (Raw superstar). Looks like 2 major titles on Smackdown right?

Nope! The next night CM Punk came out and cashed in his MITB to win the WHC and keep a major title on RAW.

I realize that there is no MITB to be cashed in right now, but in the WWE, anything can happen.

I do hope Christian wins, as he deserves to be the man.

We are pretty much all but guaranteed that Christian will win the World Championship on PPV now. The only way I could see him losing would be if the world titles are going to switch brands. Miz is not moving in the supplemental draft. I doubt Christian is either. Cena's staying on Raw. What if Morrison moved to Smackdown in the supplemental draft? Then it could set up Morrison bringing the WWE Championship over to Smackdown while Del Rio brings the World Championship to Raw. I doubt that would happen, but at the moment it is the only scenario I can think of for why Christian wouldn't win. They wouldn't have both world titles on Raw because both shows need a world title holder.

So after watching the draft, Cena switched from Raw to Smackdown, then back again. Del Rio moved to Raw. So does this now guarantee that Christian is going to be the next World Heavyweight Champion. Think about it, all the participants from the Triple threat Steel Cage match are on Raw, so no matter what happens, the WWE Championship will end up on Raw. Del Rio is also on Raw. So if he wins the World Championship also comes to Raw. So my questions are:
1. Is Christian Gonna win?
2. If not, is the WWE making the right move putting both Major titles on Raw?
3. Could this possibly lead to the WWE unifying the titles?

It's a little early in the day for this thread as the supplemental draft has not taken place.
If all was done then I would probably agree with you. This leads me to think that something will come from the draft this afternoon.

1. Is Christian Gonna win?
2. If not, is the WWE making the right move putting both Major titles on Raw?
3. Could this possibly lead to the WWE unifying the titles?

I like Christian but can't believe they're going to make him the champion; he just doesn't seem to have the commanding presence needed to be the top guy. He's been a mid-carder his entire career and it always seemed he was where he belonged. Now he's going to be the champ? Just can't see it, at least not for long.

I can sooner see Del Rio winning the title and bringing it to RAW, but only for a short time.....that being the time it takes for Randy Orton to win it and bring it right back to Smackdown. You might wonder, then, why not make it a 3-way at Extreme Rules and have Randy win it right there? My answer would be that it would be too Hogan-ish to have the star come in and win the title in his first night with his new brand. (re: WCW....Hogan....Flair)

But even if Del Rio wins the belt and carries it to RAW, I don't think the company will consolidate the two championships. It would give the wrestlers (entertainers?) on Smackdown nothing to shoot for.

By the way, what I'm hoping we'll see one day with the WWE draft?......A situation in which a wrestler is drafted and refuses to go, saying he'd rather quit WWE than be forced to move to the other brand. I think they could write a great program around that. With the way Del Rio reacted to the news of being drafted to RAW, I thought they were going to do it with him. Apparently not, though.

With Del Rio getting drafted to Raw, does this really meant that they are going to play the AWWWW card and give the World title to Christian? If so are we going to see Edge there to distract Del Rio for Christian to win?

Christian vs. Alberto Del Rio - Ladder Match for Vacant WHC

Wow, with Alberto Del Rio being drafted over to Smackdown some would say that the result is a given, or is it? (Read below for more info on that matter) Any fan who has watched wrestling for a few years will be watching this, if nothing else we will either get to see a long career in Christian finally obtain the WHC, or we will a hell of a shake up in titles.

1. A Mid-card show, Smackdown, and a Main Event Show, Raw. Is it possible that this could happen. I saw someone post this in a thread, so all credit for the idea goes to him, but what if we finally see something like this. What if Alberto Del Rio wins out at Extreme Rules and carries over the WHC to Raw. This would be an interesting concept, and I'm willing to entertain the thought.

2. Trades. We have seen it before, for example: Lets say that that Alberto Del Rio wins and the Miz wins. Miz says he wants to be top dog on the show, so since Alex Riley is over on Smackdown, Teddy Long has traded for the Miz to come over. We could see this in a number of ways, and i wouldn't be surprised if they pull out one of these "trades" before it's all said and done.

I've taken a few days to think about it, and Christian remains as my predicted winner of this match. Del Rio is going to Raw, so him taking the title with him would make no sense unless someone from Smackdown somehow got the WWE Championship. The match should be great. Christian is very good in ladder matches and we got to see what Del Rio can do in them back at TLC. This will probably be the match of the night. Edge might show up to interfere on Christian's behalf, but I doubt it. Christian's going to win as now is the perfect time to give him his first world title. Even if it only lasts until the next PPV or only a week. Someone like Orton or Barrett would likely take the belt from him quickly but I'd bet on Christian winning. FINALLY.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Christian will win the World Championship.

This match should be quite awesome. While I am a huge Christian fan, and want him World Heavyweight Champion more than anybody, I just don't see it happening. Alberto Del Rio, now the WWE needs to get this guy over. Having Alberto Del Rio go over here would be a smart business move. If he beats Christian for the World Heavyweight Championship, Del Rio would gain some much needed heat from the IWC and WWE Universe for crushing their hopes that Christian will ever win a WWE Championship. But this match could really go either way. Like everyone else is saying, could the WWE really put both Heavyweight Championships on RAW? Is this the beginning of merging the brands? Whatever happens, either one of these men winning their first Championship will be fine with me. But I see Del Rio winning here.

Hamler's Prediction- Alberto Del Rio

Before the draft, I would've been happy for either man to win. But now that Alberto was drafted to Raw, and Raw has the WWE title, the tables are starting to turn in Christian's favour for me right now. I knew one of the two would be drafted to Raw. If Alberto wins, then it will just be weird for me, unless they unify the WWE and World title and turn it into a interbrand title. As well the IC and US titles with Sheamus and Barrett. If Christian wins, then he is most likely to feud with the recently drafted Randy Orton for the title. Smackdown has many contenders in Sheamus, Sin Cara, Wade Barrett and even Daniel Bryan. Both men have great skill both on the mic and in the ring. Even though for some insane reason WWE have always been reluctant to have Christian with a world title around his waist, Christian very much deserves the World Heavyweight Championship. WWE obviously has faith in Alberto, as do alot of smark fans and myself. So if the world and second-tier titles are unified as a result, it won't be weird having Alberto win it.

Finally it looks like Christian is getting a world title. Thank god. There couldn't be a more perfect time either, in his specialty match, with the blessing of his recently retired best friend Edge and in his (kind of) home town (it is where he lives at least). If ever there has been a time for Christian to win a title now is it.

This should be a great match too, we have already seen a number of good TV matches from these two over the past couple of months and they seem to have pretty good chemistry. Couple that with the fact that Christian is awesome at ladder matches and you have the recipe for a winner.

I'm interested to see what will happen, it could really go either way. In my opinion, Christian has lost momentum recently and doesn't have enough to become a heavyweight champion while ADR is as strong as ever. I feel like WWE has something up their sleeve. Since ADR is on RAW and Christian is on Smackdown still, it would make everyone assume that Christian will automatically get the title but does seem pretty obvious. Interested to see what will happen. WWE is always saying how Christian is a "Pro" at ladder matches so it'd be nice to see him actually win one.

I'm so glad that Christian is finally going to get his world title! That being said you know what I think so i'll keep this short and sweet. Christian has been working just as hard as any guy in the company for years and yet while everyone else was winning world titles he was still winning minor titles and dealing with injuries. He has taken the long road to the World Heavyweight Championship but he has finally arrived and he deserves it more anyone else I can think of. Alberto Del Rio is always talking about destiny, well it is Christian's destiny to win the World Heavyweight Championship this sunday.

WINNER: Christian!

It really does look like Christian will win the WHC, and I'm overjoyed. However, we can never rule out the fact that the WWE may pull a swerve on us. It doesn't look likely at all, but you can't rule it out.

But back to Christian. This is a guy who has been busting his ass for the last few years while floating around in the midcard scene. The fans like him, and he seems to get a good reaction when he comes out. If and when he does win tomorrow, I'd expect many of the older fans who have been watching him for years to go crazy - myself included.

I'm going to be a little annoyed if Christian does win, since I view him as a jobber to the stars. I never viewed him as a heavyweight champion, I could buy him with the ecw belt, since it never felt like a real championship. Del Rio has the look and the feel of a champion, way more so then Christian does in my opinion, and I have been watching since the early to mid 90's so I am an older fan. Not the type of older fan who would mark out for Christian winning though

The only reason I can see them giving Del Rio the title is for him to win a Unification Match and become the new Chris Jericho, with Micheal Cole or someone interfering heavily. God I hope that doesn't happen.

If Christian doesn't win the title this Sunday I think its safe to say he will never be a world champion... ever. Perfect opportunity to do it now especially since Edge just left.

I really hope Christian doesn't win. It will really seem like it is just because Edge retired. I cannot picture Christian as a legitimate WHC. This is not helped by the fact that i think Christian hasn't exactly gained momentum heading into E.R, and i can't look past the fact that to become #1 contender, Del Rio actually beat Christian....

For me, WWE will hopefully swerve from the obvious, Del Rio to win.

Christian winning tonight would seem the logical conclusion, now that we know Bob RIvers is headed for Raw.
Still, they can always come up with some scheme to bring back the belt to Smackdown. Such a situation is neither impossible nor unprecedented.

I have always been a big Christian fan and was massively disappointed when he left for TNA. When he returned he never regained the momentum he had before his departure. Part of the reason was that he was only on ECW, another (big) part is that he has been booked as a face ever since, but ultimately I think he just never managed to reconnect with the fans the way he once did.

He is not over enough right now to be the champion, but for old times sake I would be very happy to see im win it, even if it's only for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back