• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I think wrestling "haters" can be converted if you show them "The Wrestler"

Most "haters," I suspect, would look at the fact that Ram had a life-threatening heart condition and continued to wrestle as a reinforcement of their prejudices that professional wrestlers are stupid people.

"The Wrestler" showed that wrestling is fake and predetermined. How can you make new fans by showing them that?

Instead show them this :

[YOUTUBE]2cZtuwjdPJU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]qkNZJtqHHbQ[/YOUTUBE]

"The Wrestler" showed that wrestling is fake and predetermined. How can you make new fans by showing them that?

Instead show them this :

[YOUTUBE]2cZtuwjdPJU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]qkNZJtqHHbQ[/YOUTUBE]

Were all fans, and we know its predetermined?

Man, more people believe that santa is
real
than believe wrestling is real. If we convince them otherwise, when they find out theyve been lied to they arent going to feel much better about it. Assuming the OP isnt suggesting we take a bunch of kids and sit them through the wrestler!?

If you sat someone down and got them to watch The Wrestler, they would probably leave with the impression that they'd seen a good movie. I know this is true because it's what happened to friends of mine in that position. In no way would it inspire people to get into wrestling.

'Hey guys, look at this, this guy's having a heart attack whilst pretending to have a fight in the least amount of clothing he can possibly wear legally'. Sells.

If you don't like a good drama then fine, whatever. But wrestling is theater, it is drama. It goes back to Shakespeare and you try to put me down because I liked a drama movie.
I doubt these uncultured swine will appreciate Shakespeare, originator of drama.

Thank goodness you're here to hold our feet to the flames of truth. The truth being that Shakespeare invented drama.

I think that what most people don't get is the whole heel-v-face set-up and that smarks know about it. The movie briefly touches on that, but a casual observer won't know wtf is going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back