• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is 'Strong Style' not the antithesis of pro wrestling?

In theory Strong Style defeats the purpose of professional wrestling as its more like 2 people kicking the fuck out of each other rather than having an actual wrestling match. I've never worked in wrestling so within the boundaries of the ring I have no take on it as a worker but as a fan I really only care about 2 things: If the wrestlers are ok after the match and if the match was entertaining. That said, if the Strong Style is stiff/snug but no one gets hurt then its fine, if it gets to a point where the opponent is actually getting hurt then it most certainly defeats the purpose of professional wrestling.

Indeed, but we don't know that reason with certainty. So let's not try to pretend.

I have a pretty good idea, how about because he's a broken down drug addict? I'm not saying that to trash him but it's pretty much the sole reason he's not really working anymore. Trying to imply that his mindset on ring psychology or whatever has anything to do with it is nonsense.

I have a pretty good idea, how about because he's a broken down drug addict? I'm not saying that to trash him but it's pretty much the sole reason he's not really working anymore. Trying to imply that his mindset on ring psychology or whatever has anything to do with it is nonsense.

I'm only saying I don't know enough to say with certainty so I wasn't willing to pretend I did. But as you say, it's not likely due to the style he wrestles.

He's been very open about his drug issues and if you've seen him lately, it's clear that he isn't in any shape to work at a high level. I remember watching a JCW video not too long ago and the announcers were openly mocking how Raven would refuse to take a bump and just kept falling into the ropes.

I think Raven is one of the most underutilized talents in the history of pro wrestling.

He's been very open about his drug issues and if you've seen him lately, it's clear that he isn't in any shape to work at a high level. I remember watching a JCW video not too long ago and the announcers were openly mocking how Raven would refuse to take a bump and just kept falling into the ropes.

I think Raven is one of the most underutilized talents in the history of pro wrestling.

Yeah, no I haven't seen much of him anywhere lately. That's pretty sad. Like Jake Roberts, he could've been special if he hadn't had the issues he did. But then, he might not have been that special without. Shame that the two so often have to come hand in hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back