• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I think wrestling "haters" can be converted if you show them "The Wrestler"

braveh

Pre-Show Stalwart
I think it's a movie that shows you the sacrifice, the devotion and art of wrestling.

It's not like you can take the best episode of Raw and go "this is it just watch how awesome wrestling is".

I have shown the Creed - My sacrifice video from WWF desire to a couple of friends to try to convince them that wrestling is great and they just sigh when they see that video.

It's got a dude sticking his finger on a meat grinder and 30 seconds of sex with a woman making fire truck noises. Yeah, you'll line people right up to watch Punk and Cena go at it.

I think your sister, sorry wife, has dinner prepared already. Go on.

If you don't like a good drama then fine, whatever. But wrestling is theater, it is drama. It goes back to Shakespeare and you try to put me down because I liked a drama movie.

No one said that the Wrestler did not contain some moments of drama, but to say that it would get non-fans interested in wrestling is overlooking that in actual fact it portrays the business in rather a dark and seedy way, which is not exactly the best advertisement.

Барбоса;4244601 said:
No one said that the Wrestler did not contain some moments of drama, but to say that it would get non-fans interested in wrestling is overlooking that in actual fact it portrays the business in rather a dark and seedy way, which is not exactly the best advertisement.
So did people stop listening to rock music because Cobain killed himself, Hendrix overdosed and Jim Morrison did god knows what?

So did people stop listening to rock music because Cobain killed himself, Hendrix overdosed and Jim Morrison did god knows what?

No, but at the same time the music industry never really suffered from the constant derision, scrutiny and mockery that wrestling has. Showcasing that an industry that the general public would already get in line to mock endlessly also has a tendency to treat those who work in it like shit is not a sound marketing strategy.

That means nothing to the thread subject. Those rock fans were already rock fans.

You were talking about drawing in new fans by showing them a movie that is largely depressing, with a man who has given his life to something that he loves and ended up with nothing.

That is not going to happen.

If you don't like a good drama then fine, whatever. But wrestling is theater, it is drama. It goes back to Shakespeare and you try to put me down because I liked a drama movie.
I simply pointed out how different the movie was from WWE. You on the other hand flipped out as if I said you or your idea was stupid.

I'm sure that Tybalt would knock Mercutio senseless with a steel chair if they were handy back then.

I just don't see it happening.
It would be like having someone who hates football watch Remember The Titans and expecting them to all of a sudden become a football fan.

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages. Whoops I'm breaking the fourth wall. *waves* Hey Colt Cabana, how you doing??

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and ne man in his time plays many parts, his acts being seven ages. Whoops I'm breaking the fourth wall. *waves* Hey Colt Cabana, how you doing??

go propose to your sister redneck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back