• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I joined a backyard wrestling fed.

Freddy4190

Championship Contender
HOLD UP! It's not on mattresses and stuff like most backyard wrestling feds. There's gonna be an actual full-size legit wrestling ring.

I'm getting training from my two friends who actually have already gone through wrestling school and passed. I'm excited.

They're booking me as the monster heel of the company, ODW (Old Dominion Wrestling)
I'm gonna be in quick squash matches, annihilate my opponents and continue about my day. I'm by far the biggest guy there. 6'8," 395 lbs.

Here is what I have so far.
"River City Psycho" Adrian Slayer

Here is my theme:
[YOUTUBE]LyNRfyiF2nA[/YOUTUBE]

Here is what i'm using as my finisher:
[YOUTUBE]B89F_PY4-JA[/YOUTUBE]

I can't wait. I already started a bit of training. I figure it's a good way to get into shape and learn the craft and whatnot.

I know it's cliche, but at that size you really should consider using a splash for a finisher.

I was considering it, but they wanna see me like manhandle and destroy faces, so the spinning elbow/forearm is what i'm going with for now.

I'm getting training from my two friends who actually have already gone through wrestling school and passed.

If anyone else has seen CM Punk's RF Video shoot from '04 then you'll know his response to "passing" wrestling school.

If you haven't then I'll just put it like this - Punk wants your friends to break their necks.

I do not. It's not gonna be like.. all chairs and violence and shit. Just wrestling.

No one has ever gotten hurt doing fake wrestling moves. :banghead:

Just saying man, if you're wanting to actually wrestle, you'll need to do real training at a school that is reputable. You'll have to do it at some point regardless if you want to pursue a career in the field.

Punk was an untrained backyard wrestler. Bit of a hypocrite, no?

Disclaimer: I've no idea what he says in that video.

Punk was an untrained backyard wrestler. Bit of a hypocrite, no?

Disclaimer: I've no idea what he says in that video.

It was the "passed" wrestling school thing. Some dude in CZW got into it with Punk and said in his argument he "passed" wrestling school and is just as good as Punk, who replied by saying you don't "pass" wrestling school because your always supposed to be learning.

No one has ever gotten hurt doing fake wrestling moves. :banghead:

Just saying man, if you're wanting to actually wrestle, you'll need to do real training at a school that is reputable. You'll have to do it at some point regardless if you want to pursue a career in the field.

Yeah, I know. Right now this is just for fun, to get me started, I suppose.

If you want to get heat tell the fan(s) you are Claire Lynch's cousin and you think the smarks should have treated her better.

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Sell nothing, do verte-breakers a lot, cut screaming Warrioresque promos, steal everyones moves...I just maybe high right now.

No but seriously. Work slowly, don't sell for shit, make every single move count, really work the fans, and have a great finisher.

I would also, as everyone already has, suggest some kind of basic training at the very least. Also, work on your cardio and flexibility. Big guys who can pull off long matches and work faster paces are by far the more entertaining; Vader, Andre in his prime, Big Show in the early years, etc. Just be careful. Don't blade for any reason at all at the backyard level. Even if you "really know him" and he's a good friend, do NOT blade. There's no reason to put yourself at risk against guys for a few dozen people in a back yard.

Don't do bear hugs. They're boring as shit. Running splashes are fun to watch from big guys. Anything that makes you look like you're destroying your smaller opponents. Seriously, just watch Vader videos. And don't try to do a moonsault until you have somebody legit to help you learn it. Again, not for a dozen people in a back yard.

Finisher/signature idea - work on your balance and learn how to do a handstand on the top turnbuckle. Do that before splash the hell out of people. It'll build anticipation, and people love counting along with delayed attacks. Proof: Michael Elgin. Actually, just watch Michael Elgin videos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back