• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I Hate Kofi Kingston!

I never liked Kofi Kingston. I'm not a fan of his in-ring work and not so much because it's 'different,' but because it's boring and doesn't seem to hold much impact. All of his moves just look weak (except the boom drop). I do have to admit that I like watching his Trouble in Paradise kick and the SOS, but everything else is bland and comes off a little green. I abhor his corner leap into multiple punches. It looks stupid. Anyway, do I think he deserves a World title shot? No. He needs to deliver strong promos and have more mic time in order for me to buy him as a legit competitor. His Intercontinental Championship reigns have been forgettable thus far and if he can't really bring much excitement to the table in that regard, then I just don't see how he could fit in the main event picture. He might get opportunities in the future and the only good about that is that the WWE is mixing things up to freshen up the card once in a while. The perfect time for Kofi to receive a World title shot was back when he was feuding with Randy Orton. When he was in that Survivor Series match and took out CM Punk and Randy Orton in consecutive succession, I thought he was gonna get a World title shot shortly after. That's probably the closest he'll ever get to being a major player.

Kofi is really not that bad, he just doesnt get a chance to prove his mic skills very often....still to this day I wonder about Zigglers mic skills but yet he has a world title to his name (I guess)...Swagger is the same....all 3 of these men faced each other a while back yet Kofi has yet to reach that ceiling? I dont understand it...Morrison is the same way...I think honestly management has a grudge with faces seeing as there are no faces to be built up...Cena is such a top face that there really isnt anyone else to step up yet....thats not Cenas fault though, he cant help who management chooses and you also cant help who the fans choose...again, Kofi is very much like Edge in that they seem like midcard for life...who would have ever thought in 2002 or 2003 Edge would be an 11 time champ in less than 10 years? give Kofi time, geez...for the life of me Edge used to be one of the most boring guys....I enjoyed his matches to an extent, but didnt understand his gimmick or what he was trying to do with the glasses and coats....that seems almost identical to what people are saying about Kofi....with the exception of tag team history, Kofi is the same as Edge was in 2002....very popular, not the most intimidating guy...not the biggest guy...fan friendly, good wrestlers with limited mic time....always pushed aside for other rising heels that were ironically heels...(Brock Lesnar, Triple H, Randy Orton for Edge) (for Kofi think Wade Barrett, ADR, and Ziggler)...you never know Kofi could undergo a transform of sorts like Edge did, and drop his last name to just being Kofi and then they would be even more alike with one name thats 4 letters lol

Yes kofi can completely be a main eventer one day, but its just not his time yet. he can be turned into a huge superstar with proper training. as people have mentioned it takes time to grow into your own. for now im happy to see him in the mid-card range, but WWE need him since young faces are so rare atm.

First off, his gimmick is stupid we all agree...but for someone college educated and as a wrestling fan, he should have known better to actually research it and come up with ideas for creative to use for him....arguably.

As an american black guy, I can argue that being relegated to a COMPLETELY unrelated nationality based on skin and hair would make me less than enthused to shuck and jive to get pops. Give Kofi props for dealing with a bs gimmick, but put him to task for not adding any of his (personal) character for fans to jive with.

I mean, I am more a kofi fan because of things like being a gamer, actually being educated(don't hate), being a fan of capoeria....and that is ALL people know of him.

Kofi sloppy argument is wrong and presented from a narrow mindset that refuses to be educated or let go a series of mistakes long ago that have not been repeated in consistency or level of fuck up ness since. Capoeria...Eddy from Tekken. Learn it, people. He ain't sloppy, botchy, or anything like that. He just has a fighting style that is motion based. Oh boo fucking hoo.

The guy gets over with what little is given to him. And constantly. The fact that people can't respect or take note of that really makes me question where they are coming from. And in the end the answers never look too good.

you know what NWannabe....that is one of the most well-thought out posts I've ever read...I do agree that Kofi is not sloppy...everyone has bad days to even insinuate that he is sloppy is totally absurb...he is one of the most crisp wrestlers on the roster...I do though disagree with the gimmick....with the gimmick he has theres no one else to blame but creative...Kofi suggested the Jamaican gimmick initially, and now his character is from Ghana which is his real homeland....I just hate how whenever there are characters from other countries, their nationality has to be exposed and made to be their entire character....whenever its someone like a Hawkins or Barreta, their in ring ability is what people look at and thats not fair...Kofi shouldnt be known as the black guy with dreads but he is, and thats WWE's fault for not giving him a character..The Rock took his character and ran with it....last thing I am reminded of his Samoan heritage because its not important in wrestling...again you could say they did the same thing with Sheamus, but he made his character about ruthlessness and power, and his Irish heritage is an afterthought...of course his skin is a big aspect but come on, who has ever seen someone glow like that lol

Kofi is so talented! However, I see why he no longer holds the IC Title. He needs to build his character and get a little more life, he's actually quite boring. I think he should be put on RAW, he gained alot of fans and success when a part of that roster.

Here we go again...
I've noticed how whenever a superstar gets stuck in a rut (due to creative, de-push, etc.), all the IWC gets bitchy and finds everything they can against a guy. You did it to JoMo, you did it to Dibiase, you did it to Drew, now it's on to Kofi. You'll all start raving about him once he gets a push again, watch.

1. He's not sloppy. As I've seen someone here already post, he shows signs of Capoeira training and incorporates them in matches, sort of like Morrison and his parkour. Sure, he's botched a spot or two. But then again, who hasn't? Don't go hard on a guy because of a certain slip or fall once in a blue moon.

2. His botches aren't as often as people here exaggerate them to be, and when they do occur, most of the time they're either barely noticeable. Remember, JoMo sometimes botches the hell out of a few of his moves (mostly Starship Pain) even to this day. Shelton's Paydirt was a botchfest (though to be fair it did look hard to sell, with the only one who did it well being CM Punk imo). So botches are natural from any superstar

3. I read someone here complain about his finisher Trouble in Paradise and about how it never tends to hit in one specific spot (face, back or side of head, etc.). That's a stupid complaint. Who cares? It's an effective looking finisher. That's like complaining about how sometimes the Pedigree lands opponents chest-first rather than the head.

He deserves a world title feud at least. If Wade Barret and Ziggler got one, he should to. He doesn't have to win it yet, just test the waters with him. Just don't give him another bitchy perfectionist main eventer/push killer like they did last time with Orton

It's not the IWC's fault if a guy becomes painfully boring to watch on TV. It has more to do with the writing/booking than the actual character. What made wrestling compelling a decade ago was that the ENTIRE card had a storyline. These days only select wrestlers are lucky enough to have a storyline and everyone loses as a result.

Anyone that says that this guy does not have it, must be under a rock. This guy had the potential to be one of the top stars in the company right now. However, his burial a year ago by Randy Orton, which should lasted way longer and with Kofi standing on top. He was getting huge reactions, the trashing of Orton's car and the MSG leap from the crowd on Raw, were great moments. It goes to show you what the booking committee can take something that is great and turn it into absolute crap.

I like Kingston. I think if he's given decent talent to work with he can do some good work. As far as his promo work, I've seen better, I've seen worse. He made a mistake in the ring against Orton and how does Orton react ? Screaming stupid in the ring so every one knew something went wrong. Plenty of performers have screwed up in the ring, so it seems a little silly to hold that against him.

I wouldn't say now is the time to put a heavyweight title on him right now but a shot or two would be okay until they come with the right way to repackage him to increase his marketability.

LMAO Kofi is ten times more popular than The Miz outside of IWC he botches really?? Wow he doesn't have appeal lol i honestly am baffled by the amount of tom fuckery here. You people are cleary racist ***** you hate R-truth,Mark henry,David otunga, Alicia Fox, Darren young. Ok I'm done with this site just a bunch of prejudice anti social idiots not wasting my time here. Have fun spending your cash on WWE trash. BTW Cm botches more moves than Kelly kelly But you people praise the ground that overrated piece of trash walks on. Yeah and you're not racist back woods ******s ok im done. Au voir. :lmao:

I agree Kofi is boring as fuck, I would like to see him turn heel and be more serious, he has alot of potential and athletic ability but his gimmick is so fake!

But WWE tends to fail when it comes to black wrestlers so i'm not sure how much is his fault.

Oh and I agree with the guy above me that CM Punk is overrated and botches all the time, but the little internet fanboys worship the toilet bowls he pisses into

LMAO Kofi is ten times more popular than The Miz outside of IWC he botches really?? Wow he doesn't have appeal lol i honestly am baffled by the amount of tom fuckery here. You people are cleary racist ***** you hate R-truth,Mark henry,David otunga, Alicia Fox, Darren young. Ok I'm done with this site just a bunch of prejudice anti social idiots not wasting my time here. Have fun spending your cash on WWE trash. BTW Cm botches more moves than Kelly kelly But you people praise the ground that overrated piece of trash walks on. Yeah and you're not racist back woods ******s ok im done. Au voir. :lmao:

Off topic: Wow talk about someone who needs to realize that it's the internet and not get offended every ten seconds. From the looks of things, you need this.
butthurt-form.jpg

In regards to Kofi, he has talent, and he was going somewhere at one point, I didn't really like or dislike him in lieu of his in ring ability ect, but because he was being built up as another Rey Mysterio like superface for the kids they gave him the ******ed boom boom boom and clapping his hands together before going for the buzzsaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back