• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Husky Harris: Done in Nexus?

GCoh

Dark Match Winner
As we saw last night on RAW (1-31-11), Husky Harris was punted by Randy Orton. Most people who have been punted by Orton seem to miss a few weeks minimum.

Is this Husky Harris taking a few weeks due to injury? Or maybe taking him out of Nexus and have Mason Ryan look huge compared to the rest of the New Nexus? Or are they going to replace Harris with Tarver? I just want to know what you guys think of whats going to happen to Husky Harris, or is he just going to show up next week like nothing happened.

I hated seeing Husky get punted last night and I love it when Orton Punts someone. Husky is my favorite in the New Nexus, next to Punk of course and I don't want to see him gone. He fits the group perfect and I think him and Mcguillicutty make for an excellent tag team. From what I read from a few dirtsheets, it seems like the WWE is high on Husky Harris so it would be a shame to take him out of Nexus. If Tarver is to join any faction, he should join the Corre and certainly not take Husky's place. I would love to see Harris in the main event someday but as for now, he needs to come back in a few weeks and stick with Nexus for a while.

Well I attribute this to a few things. This furthers the CM Punk/Randy Orton feud that's starting, as well as perhaps give Husky Harris a few weeks off for what could be nagging injuries or personal issues or whatever else is going on him.

Husky Harris might not fit the typical wrestler mold, but he's still a valuable member of the RAW Roster. I was starting to warm up to him and McGuillicutty as a Tag Team and was hoping they'd pull off the win against Koztino. I can't see him not being in the New Nexus after the initiation whipping he endured, so I'm sure he'll be back with the New Nexus, perhaps as soon as Elimination Chamber to screw over Orton or help Punk.

As far as I'm concerned the whole "New" Nexus should be done. Harris is too good for it, and would make a better singles wrestler chasing Bryan for the US title, in my opinion. The whole angle is waaaayyyy beneath CM Punk, Hennig could use some more refinement on the mic before I think before he's ready to go on his own, but he too will outshine Nexus soon enough. Mason's debut was wasted by joining this group in my opinion, he could have went straight after the main event due to his size. And Otunga, even though I'm not really high on the guy I do think is losing a ton of steam by being attached to this weak angle. Splitting Nexus in to two groups was the stupidest thing they ever could've done to these guys.

So for Husky's sake, I actually hope he is done with it. Then maybe he can start having a real career as a singles star and not some background element of this watered down Nexus.

I don't see why they would remove Harris (God I hate calling these guys anything BUT their real name, I mean come on creative dept. we all know who his father is!, okay moving back to the subject). Perhaps he's injuried, IDK. If he is, good way of taking him out of the picture, BUT this doesn't make Nexus look any tougher. I wish they would create a heel group that's extremely superior to the faces and cunning, quite like the orginial Horsemen. But to answer the question, I don't think they're removing him, I don't see why they would. Hopefully they don't anyway, if they played their cards right Nexus could be really dominating for quite sometime. Don't start disbanding the group now, too soon.

I'm a HUGE fan of Harris and I voted for him every week in hopes that he'd win NXT 2. I was screaming at Orton (my favorite wrestler since his debut) the whole time as he teased punting Harris (my favorite up-and-coming wrestler since Orton was 23). I honestly don't see any reason why they'd do this unless they wanted to revamp his character (much like Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania 26) so I hope this all works out and he's back on television soon.

Maybe he'll come back as Duke Rotunda and tear it up in his cowboy boots with Bo

Why would Husky be taken out of Nexus? simply because Orton punted him?
What about Wrestlemania 24 when Orton punted HHH and pinned Cena, if I remember correctly HHH was on RAW the following night.

This is part of a storyline that will peak at Wrestlemania, chances are Orton will be trying to even up the numbers and Corre will probably come in and take out Nexus to divert the feud so Orton and Punk are left.

Husky has a big following and apart from Punk is probably the one with the most potiental of the group.

It's a logical assumption that Harris could be taken off tv for a while. Orton's punt always results in some form of "injury" for just that purpose. Generally speaking, in the long run, it might be good for Harris if the reason for doing so is for him to get into shape.

I'm not saying that Husky should turn into a gym rat or anything, but the man does need to work on his cardio. He is an army tank with a Ferrari engine...if he only has to wrestle for about 5 minutes or less. The few times I've seen Husky wrestle for longer than 5 minutes straight, it hasn't been a pretty sight. I remember watching him on NXT Season II have a match against MVP that went for about 10 minutes. Husky was so tired that he was barely able to body slam MVP and his movements were sluggish and clumsy. He did well for the first half of the match but, after that, he went downhill quickly.

I like Harris, so im a bit annoyed it looks like he will be off TV for a little bit.

I was also annoyed they had him beaten after taking the 'Cobra' which is nothing more than a joke finisher. On the smaller guys he has to hit it and go for the roll up, but on a bigger guy like Husky they had him clean beaten. Righto...

So i'd say he needed some time off TV after being beaten by the cobra anyways due to sheer embarrassment.

Why would Husky be taken out of Nexus? simply because Orton punted him?
What about Wrestlemania 24 when Orton punted HHH and pinned Cena, if I remember correctly HHH was on RAW the following night.

Yes, if im correct only 2 people have returned the night after an Orton punt, being HHH as you mentioned and Cena after Hell in a Cell PPV match I believe. Those are two higher profile names that were need on RAW back then. I agree with the person above who said he needs to get in shape. I'm not trying to say he should or will be taken out of Nexus, just trying to get ya'lls point of view on why Husky was punted and not another member of the New Nexus

Harris does need to get in shape...I'm kind of surprised he's the one that got the punt, though. I thought his attitude after the first few NXT episodes was great for a heel, and when they had him hanging around NEXUS before becoming an 'official' member, I thought he did a good job of sort of making Otunga uncomfortable. He was also the only one really 'willing' to go through Punk's initiation...the others were reluctant, but he put himself out there without hesitating. I was wondering if it would lead to a 'favored' position for him, but I guess not, at least for the moment. He's got some potential, I hope they don't keep him off too long.

As far as I'm concerned the whole "New" Nexus should be done. Harris is too good for it, and would make a better singles wrestler chasing Bryan for the US title, in my opinion. The whole angle is waaaayyyy beneath CM Punk, Hennig could use some more refinement on the mic before I think before he's ready to go on his own, but he too will outshine Nexus soon enough. Mason's debut was wasted by joining this group in my opinion, he could have went straight after the main event due to his size. And Otunga, even though I'm not really high on the guy I do think is losing a ton of steam by being attached to this weak angle. Splitting Nexus in to two groups was the stupidest thing they ever could've done to these guys.

So for Husky's sake, I actually hope he is done with it. Then maybe he can start having a real career as a singles star and not some background element of this watered down Nexus.

You are missing the entire point of a faction, which is to allow green talent to develop on the big stage while a skilled mouthpiece (Punk) covers for their lack of character. Seriously, you think Mason Ryan is ready for the main event? It's been all over the dirt sheets that the guy's look far exceeds his mic skills or in-ring ability, and the last thing a guy like that needs is to crash and burn because he was pushed too fast. Same goes for Harris. So he's the army tank with the Ferrari engine...why should I give a shit about him? He's much more likely to succeed long term if he isn't forced to try and get over as a heel on his own.

I cant agree with PhD even more. If you look at Wade Barret's ascension to the top it was because all through NXT 1, he had Chris Jericho teaching him what to do or not do. With all these young guns coming up under Punk, who is talented than maybe anybody else on that roster, they can only go up in the future. While Harris wasn't my favorite member of the New Nexus, probably my 2nd or 3rd, he has talent. If he leaves for a few weeks, he could be working on his promo skills or wrestling talent overall. But as far as ropping him from Nexus, I think it would be terrible, terrible idea.

you realize that he could be back in a week or two simply going off the fact that members of "New Nexus are tough!" After all the hell they had to go through to join thus proving how worthwhile their initiations truly were. I highly doubt they are removing him from the nexus as he was a good soldier who took one for the team.

I think they mite be getting rid of some nexus memeber so the corre vs nexus match at mania or so the dirt sheets say but I dnt see why they wuld do it so early. Unless harris does need time off but if I'm right then I would suspect harris wuld be bac after mania or maybe they want mason to look stronger or maybe harris jst needs time off idk

I guess the Orton/New Nexus feud is now in full swing. I'm under the assumption that not only will Husky be out of the group and off tv for awhile (probably an injury angle?) but Orton will continue to do the same to the other members of New Nexus until he can get Punk one on one at Wrestlemania.

But as far as Husky being the first one to go is concerned, I'm a bit baffled why he was the first one to go, especially since WWE management seems to be so high on him. They could've taken Mcguillicutty (or however you spell his name) out first and no one would've minded. But anyway, I would assume Husky won't be returning to tv anytime in the foreseeable future. If he does, I would assume at some point between Elimination Chamber and Wrestlemania.

i was shocked when they used Husky Harris the way the did last night! The angle w/ Orton didn't bother me, what did was the fact that they let him get pinned by Santino, and w/ the cobra? are you serious...after the steller Royal Rumble performance he put on the night before? Wow, what a way to cool down a character! So much for character development!

Once again, a complete misuse of talent! This kid has such great potential, i really think he can be something special someday. Hes got great genetics and not to mention a very unique look. And did I mention that he's only 23? Way to go WWE, you made the "army tank with a ferrari engine" look like a Honda Hybrid!

What's next for Nexus? Should we expect to see Mason Ryan lose next week to hornswoggle via tadpole splash? A stable should be used to ELEVATE talent, i mean, Why have Nexus if you're just gonna bury them!

What needs to be done is Skip Sheffield needs to be brought back into Nexus and paired w/ Husky Harris as a legit tag team. Just let the two of them smash every team they come across! Now that's a believable team!

i hope that if harris is off for a while he can go to the gym and work on his cardio and edurance while losing a few lbs and replacing it with more muscle. cause he is my favorite member of the new nexus just short of punk. and to say if they replaced husky for tarver it would be the dumbest descion ever. just replace mason with skip when he returns.

the best part about husky is the fact that he's husky lol hes got a look that's completely different from everyone else. which is what will make it extremely easy from him to separate himself from the pack. he's much like Bradshaw, he doesn't need a chiseled physique for you to realize that he's a badass dude! he looks very similar to his grandfather Blackjack Mulligan, which makes me think a similar gimmick will work for Husky as well.

Who knows at this point? I really didn't like seeing Husky get punted. I was actually pulling for Nexus to win The Tag Team Titles right before that.

I think highly of Harris and Perfect Jr. I think they both have a future. I truly hope it doesn't mean he is out of Nexus. I don't think Tarver would be a good replacement either. I can't stand that guy. That would be a HUGE downgrade in my opinion!

I don't see him coming back next week. That would be pretty shitty on WWE's part. They book that kick of Orton's to be lethal. So, it would be dumb if Harris came back next week.

I don't know the purpose of why he was kicked. If it means something bigger for him or if he will just return in a couple weeks or WTF the deal is. I would like to know though, because I am kind of confused.

Hopefully whatever the reason(s) are for this, he works out a little in his time off and sheds that damn mushroom top. Because it seems to be getting bigger as time goes along!

After suffering a punt to the skull by an enraged Randy Orton on Raw this past Monday night, The New Nexus’ Husky Harris will be out of action indefinitely, WWE.com has learned.

I did a quick google search and saw this on wwe.com
So it seems like Husky was threating Mason Ryans E-Peen.
I'm kind of sad to see him go, but the closer to over this Nexus thing and they good ones go to singles the happier i will be anyway
However Orton v CM Punk, Now thats a match right there...probably second on my list besides Bryan v Punk >.>

I did a quick google search and saw this on wwe.com
So it seems like Husky was threating Mason Ryans E-Peen.
I'm kind of sad to see him go, but the closer to over this Nexus thing and they good ones go to singles the happier i will be anyway
However Orton v CM Punk, Now thats a match right there...probably second on my list besides Bryan v Punk >.>

Good find on that article, good to see WWE recognizing the punt as a legitimate injury to Husky. Maybe he can come back now with a new "perspective" after the Elimination Chamber PPV, with better promo and a healthier more fit self.

I wonder if Husky/Jericho will come back around the same time looking for revenge on Orton for the punts, furthering the Orton/Nexus feud

I agree with Jack Hammer, I think this was done to further the Punk/Orton angle and to give Husky some time off to get into better shape.

I like Husky and IO think he has potential as he is unique amongst a lot of cookie cutter young guys on the roster.

For me it may just be a way to even the numbers between Corre and Nexus. I had believed that by now Tarver would have been revealed in some extent to be in cahoots with The Corre, but as it hasn't happened yet it may be reasonable to assume that he isn't affiliated with the group in any way. This leaves both groups at a steady 4 guys and open to the possibility of a tag match at mania whilst Punk and Barrett are off persuing other ends. Either that or lump them all into the one match. I still can't see it all working with the heel v heel aspect to it but I'll wait to see how it plays out. We've seen guys like Tarver and Sheffield get dropped from the group when they got put out so I'm not exactly expecting Huskey to return into the same role, I can see the guy doing alright in single's competition or better than Mr DiBiase anyway, I'd like for him to take his spot on the roster should he return unaffiliated.

My only question; why couldn't it have been McGuillicutty?

I hope he's not done. He's not the prototypical wrestler and his endurance is fairly shot, so hopefully that's what the purpose of the punt was for. Husky fits well with the New Nexus and he and McGillicutty can be a decent team, in Nexus or not, for the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back