Who of the NXT season 2 rookies would you like to have seen in the Nexus?

future admin

Getting Noticed By Management
Out of all 8 rookies, who would you have liked to have been in series one and the Nexus? I would have liked Percy Watson for Heath Slater, he may be as entertaining as hell, but I am pretty sure that he tagged up with Darren Young, setting up the tag team for Nexus. Another one I would like is Husky Harris for David Otunga. I feel that Otunga's presence is weak, and Husky would be a lot more intimidating in the Nexus. So I have said mine, who are your's and who would you replace?

I would relly like to see husky harris instead of otunga becuase i feel like husky is better on the mic and he is a much better wrestler in my opinion. Also husky would make nexus look alot tougher and he would look great as wade's next it command.

I to would like to see Husky Harris in Nexus except I would take out Heath Slater instead of David Otunga, Slater to me does not have the look or conviction imo to be a strong heel in Nexus compared to the rest of the group.

if he had a better showing, i would have said eli cottonwood due to hisimposing size. but since he sucked, i would say husky, the varsity villian, or micheal mcgillicutty

I would have liked to seen Husky Harris and take out Darren Young, all the guy has done since having his spot in Nexus was being beat up by Cena.Harris has a cocky heel attitude about him and his size and speed go well together.Harris could be someone like Skip who dominates with force and power something Darren Young doesn't have.

if he had a better showing, i would have said eli cottonwood due to hisimposing size. but since he sucked, i would say husky, the varsity villian, or micheal mcgillicutty

Cottonwood would be a great choice for Nexus! His sheer size would be one of the most intimidating things about the Nexus, I would probably get rid of him for... Slater, he just isn't the heel type.

Cottonwood would be a great choice for Nexus! His sheer size would be one of the most intimidating things about the Nexus, I would probably get rid of him for... Slater, he just isn't the heel type.

Eli is boring and slow, he looks like he should be in a nut house.The guy is terrible on the mic and I don't think he any good in the ring.Slater however is better than this guy and shouldn't be kicked out for him.Slater bis better in the ring and on the mic and while it isn't hard to beat this guy, why should Slater lose his spot to him?

I'd get rid of Tarver for Mcgillicutty(hopefully spelled right) because Tarver to me does not seem much of star on nexus and Michael Mcgillicutty to me is a way better wrestler.

Remove Slater who I think I could destroy lol and als Darren cuzz well he SUCKS !

Husky should be there,he has the huge power heel trip and if he and Skip tag teamed for the Nexus than it would be a force to fear.

Eli I'm not sure so probobly as the second one,Alex Riley.

I agree with pretty much everyone and say Husky Harris. He's a great heel so would be a perfect fit. If the Nexus anlge is gonna stay a while I'd like to see some members kicked out like Young, Slater, and Gabriel(because he could be a good face on his own). Then, they could bring in one or two guys from NXT2. Harris would be a lock IMO and they could also bring in Joe Hennig. That's only if he loses the competition though and they wanna continue with the angle through Survivor Series or longer.

Husky Harris would fit right in with the nexus, he could be the ruthless big guy, much like skip is, except better than skip. McGillicutty would also fit because the guy has a bit of a mean streak.

To be honest I would completly switch out the group,
Season 2 of NXT
Has much more talent and more future "stars" than NXT1,
Of Course Wade is like the ultimate mouth piece,
But I would still prefer NXT2

Answer: Kaval. Logically, no-one from Season 2 would make sense in Nexus from a creative point of view bar Kaval. The Nexus are very serious and very aggressive so i believe this rules out Percy Watson, Alex Riley and Lucky Cannon. Now lets look at Nexus' motivation for their brutality; to upset the established order and earn the spot on the roster that was denied to 7 (6 if we erase Daniel Bryan from NXT history) of them. I believe this would rule out second/third generation stars so Michael McGillicutty and Husky Harris are ruled out too as the WWE really does push second/third gen talent as being 'the chosen ones' or that they born into the business. I also believe Nexus are pushed as hungry, young men so i don't think Titus O'Neill would fit in the group because he looks physically older than the members of Nexus. I suppose this would leave Eli Cottonwood as your last option. I don't think he would fit because he just sticks out like a sore thumb. If Nexus are being billed as one, equal entity, why have that long streak of piss hover around in the background making the smaller guys like Gabriel look weaker.
Kaval just fits. The low voice, the serious demeanor (when he is not being patrionised by Laycool)... i really do think he could pull off a role in Nexus. He wouldn't have to be a main guy but i do think he would be a good addition. If not Kaval, then Husky Harris but only if they did not mention he is a second-generation wrestler.

To be honest I would completly switch out the group,
Season 2 of NXT
Has much more talent and more future "stars" than NXT1,
Of Course Wade is like the ultimate mouth piece,
But I would still prefer NXT2

While i agree that Season 2 has some more entertaining and overall better wrestlers than Season 1, the Nexus angle is a very serious feud, which i don't believe has any place for wrestlers such as 'The Varsity Villain' and 'Showtime' Percy Watson. You could argue that there is no place for 'one-man rockbands' and a 'happy-go-lucky redneck' but Slater is as bland as toast and Skip is excellent on the mic in playing that angry, young man.

I would actually like nexus to go to nxt season 2 and say "youre either nexus or against us" and then like nexus get attacked as husky harris and i would prefer kaval (when he was senshi he was a very great heel). for mgilicuty and alex riley it wont work as they are both are arrogant leaders and they would get lost in nexus as what happend to otunga has he looks average at most now.

I would pick more than one, I would have Husky instead of Otounga and Kaval instead of Slater. I think Otounga is abit boring and Husky is just amazing so thats a good swap. Slater isn't serious looking and Kaval is. So my picks are simple.

I already said this in a much similar thread but I would prefer this season's rookies as Nexus almost entirely with a huge exception for Wade Barrett. The NXT2 guys just seem more entertaining than NXT1 but I would even it out and take the best of the best:

Wade Barrett
Alex Riley
Kaval
Michael Tarver
Husky Harris
Skip Sheffield
Micheal McScrotterballs
Justin Gabriel

Bill Lesnar would have liked to ahve seen eli cottenwood, as he fits the bill of mean and 'i dont care attitude' that the nexus are all about. The nexus are also lacking a giant in their stable, and ELi is the only one cable of pulling it off due to his size

Bill Lesnar would have liked to ahve seen eli cottenwood, as he fits the bill of mean and 'i dont care attitude' that the nexus are all about. The nexus are also lacking a giant in their stable, and ELi is the only one cable of pulling it off due to his size

holy shit i never knew people actually had GIMMICKS on WRESTLING FORUMS. WTF is up with you and speaking in the third person all the time?

Eli Cottonwood might be really really tall but he lacked the menacing presence to make him seem intimidating. As a matter of fact in NXT he just looked really clumsy in all of his matches. That and, he sucks big time on the microphone.

i think most of us can say that husky was one of the better ones in season 2 i was a big fan of his fathers and for a guy his size he has great moves i would have him replace both tarver and david why? because the only thing i know tarver for is his gay bandanna mask that he wears to the ring wtf whats that about i think he is a douche with no talent. as for david he is sloppy to the extreme in the ring and the only thing i see when he is in the ring is crap and he is jennifer hudson bottom ho. as much as i like micheal mcgullicuty(sorry if i misspelled it) but when i see him and wade barret them 2 cant be in the same group i think micheal is better but they are both big heels and they are both leaders. so i dont see 1 of the leading and the other following.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back