• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hulk Hogan

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendK1ller

RKOing one Legend at a Time
Most of us on the WZ forums hate on Hogan for still being in wrestling. I understand that. He should have retired years ago. I have got to be honest, I still love the guy. The way he makes everyone feel everytime his entrance hits is amazing. Hate me, I don't give a fuck, but this guy deserves respect.

Watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lng7iFzSVGI&feature=player_embedded#at=128

I just want to know, what is some of your guy's best memories of this man?

This thread is getting a restart. It is NOT about Ultimate Warrior's self-promoting and self-glorifying video he was supposed to release days ago (we already have plenty of threads for that), it's about your best memories from Hogan's career. At this point going forward, any off topic or spam comments, will be met with a full Infraction point. I've been nice so far, but it's the last time in this thread.

You may begin posting on-topic now.

Either slamming Andre The Giant...(You look back and think...anyone can do that, but at the time!) or the NWO formation. He's brought memories, but not all of them were of his own making.

I remember him going to fight Yokozuna after Bret Hart and thinking "Yay! Hulk Hogan is gonna win the title!" without sarcasm. Good times.

When I was a kid I never really cared for the Red and Yellow Hogan. When I was a teen I didnt mind the Black and White Hogan. But now there is a certain cool kind of nostalgia to see him. Of course i dont believe TNA is doing much for him- and luckily for him most people dont know what TNA is- so he still gets a great ovation when he shows up at places like American Idol. Once I was at a large Halloween event in Tampa and there are free concerts all night and Hogan and Nick (his son) showed up on the Classic Rock stage and people went nuts for him. I thought it was cool seeing the guy get on the mic and do some of his gimmicks.

I do think that seeing any massive old school star come out would be awesome though. Kevin Nash doing Diesel at the Rumble was Awesome. Ive been to a lot of shows and seen Taker wrestle but now that hes not around or on tv so much its def cool to see his entrance too. For me its not a Hogan thing its just cool to see one of the guys you grew up watching coming out in the larger than life gimmick.

As a child of the 80s he was a big part of my childhood. I still have my old LJN Hulk Hogan toy. Kids these days don't know how lucky they are. If I can only count how many jammed fingers & busted knuckles I got with playing with those toys. Hahahah.

Him coming out to "real american" will be how I remember pro wrestling.

A lot of folks here on the interwebz forget that wrestlers need to pay bills too. So bad mouthing people who are working is pretty silly.

As a kid i LOVED Hogan and have tons of great memories from the 80's, however my most cherished Hogan moment was at WM 19. I was in the audience for Hogan VS McMahon and this guy next to me kept booing Hogan the entire match. That was until the comeback from the pipe shot to the head. The audience was going wild and the guy next to me started chanting right along with them. THAT'S the power this man has over wrestling fans.

Watching Yokozuna humiliate Hogan causing him to leave WWE/F the 1st time. It's a tie for every other time he's left the WWE after that...

I would say turning heel & joining the NWO, because that is my all-time favorite group/storyline in wrestling.

About Hogan continuing to work though, let me say this: why do you care? If he enjoys working in the business & he can find someone to pay him, why shouldn't he? In other businesses people work into their 60s & they don't get criticized for it. And right now, all he does on Impact is talk. He hasn't wrestled in about a year. Even if he does, it can't be any worse that the WWE showcased for 4 months between Jerry Lawler and Michael Cole. Those 2 even had a match on the biggest stage in the industry. I just don't get when people tell an athlete or wrestler they should retire. Let them do what they want.

I dont know about infraction points or spam or anything like that but I do know that the moment with Hogan that may stand out in my mind more than any other was Wrestlemania 18 versus The Rock. I saw Hogan/Andre, I saw Hogan Macho, I saw the Hogan Heel Turn, I saw Hogan/Piper, but I have never seen a fan reaction like Hogan/Rock got. To top it off I had never seen Hogan in all of his years work a perfect match, a match that kept your eyes glued to the screen, wondering what would be happening next because Hogan was always so stale in the ring.

The match at WM 18 was different, Hogan was almost trying to prove that he could still hang with the young bull. Hogan delivered in a way he hadn't ever delivered before in the ring and on the stick. Best match, best work, in Hogan's career.

My best memory of Hogan, was when he turned heel and formed the original NWO. I mean that was epic, imagine the guy was face for a long time so nobody saw it coming. Then, boom leg-drop on Macho Man (R.I.P) and was the leader of the most succesfull faction in the history on wrestling (besides the original 4 horsemen).

Honestly, my best memory of Hogan has got to be after he won his first WWF (there was no E at the time) title, when he was in the locker room with Mean Gene and Andre, celebrating the title victory with champaigne, kissing that ugly green and gold belt. They treated that victory like it was the first time the Bulls won the NBA title, or the Red Sox winning their first title since selling Babe Ruth. It was a major moment, and they celebrated it as such.

Hogan vs Rock. No question. That truly, in my eyes, is the greatest dream match there will ever be. Yes, Rock/Cena is a dream match for now & the time. Hogan/Rock brought emotion outta wrestling fans of all ages of wrestling fans. The emotion that came along with that match will never be duplicated. From their iconic stare down to when Hogan Hulked up. It was just wild. Just look @ the ppl in the crowd when he hulks up. The Rock's face, priceless. It truly is one of those things that, depending on ur age, made u feel young again. If that match didn't give u goose bumps as a wrestling fan, idk what will.

everytime he has left the wwe is my favourite memory of him hes overrated and worthless thats why tna is doing so good

Some of my most memorable Hogan moments are..

~ Hogan Vs Andre - Steal Cage match
(It was the very first time I saw a cage being used in a match and one of the first WWF matches I ever saw seeing as it was the first match on a Hogan compilation VHS I had when I was a kid.)

~ Hogan turning heel in WCW
I personally think Hulk done his best mic work as a bad guy in WCW and the moment he turned out to be the "third" member will always stick in my mind.

everytime he has left the wwe is my favourite memory of him hes overrated and worthless thats why tna is doing so good

No matter what you think of Terry Bollea the man you can not discount that Hogan was the second most important in ring performer of all time right after the first real WORLD Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair, and he is the most influential marketing figure in the history of the business.

Ric Flair was the first Heavyweight Champion to literally travel all over the world to defend his gold, while Hogan never did that, and will never be remembered as a particularly skilled wrestler, he was marketed in a way that revolutionized the business in that sense and had the presence and charisma to back that marketing up.

Top 5:

5) No Holds Barred - saw it in the theater and marked out. Zeus was everything a dominant heel should be.

4) Return to Raw ovation - seemed to last 10 minutes but was the biggest nostalgia moment of my life.

3) Rock-Hogan Wrestlemania

2) Andre slam - never imagined it could be done.

1) Poughkeepsie Marriott in '85 - met him there and did tons of coke in the bathroom. He told me I was a cool guy, that he had a date later that night, gave me his room key, told me to say, "Terry sent me" when I went in the hotel room and have a good time. (#Not meant to be factual)

No matter what comes out on Hogan, nothing will change the fact he was a huge part of my childhood. I loved the guy, as a five year old anything he did in my eyes was golden. I do think after the n.W.o. played out (which should have been way earlier) he should have did one last run in the red and yellow and ride into the sunset. What I see of not only him but Flair and even Sting as well kind of ruins my childhood. I think Hogan would have been a good backstage guy for WWE either as an agent or even running developmental or a training school, I mean who would not want to listen to The Hulkster. I just think sadly in his mind he thinks he is still the main draw, and I think Bishoff makes him believe that. I also think if he knew when to quit WCW would still be in business. What is even more sad is this is Hogan's legacy he is killing himself. Even if he would have left after his Mania match with Vince it wouldn't be as bad as it is now. Sadly, Mr. America is not the lowest point of his career and it keeps getting worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back