• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hulk Hogan Lobbied for Robert Roode to Lose?

Rising Savior

Occasional Pre-Show
Theirs a report out now that states Hulk Hogan lobbied for Bobby Roode to lose at Bound for Glory in his Tna World Title match. If this is true it isn't shocking because it isn't the first time we've heard about Hogan doing something like this. It also isn't shocking seemingly how two days before Bound for Glory in an interview Hogan was quoted as saying Bobby Roode wasn't ready to be their top guy and that they should go with someone like Jeff Hardy. If this is true I think it's a pretty shitty thing for Hogan to do I mean would Roode being the world champion really change anything within Tna as far as exposure I mean I think Roode being world champ certainly wouldn't decrease ratings. If Hogan didn't think Roode should be a top guy I still think he should of had Roode win and take the title off him at the next ppv simple. What are your thoughts on this? Do you think Hogan was right or wrong for doing what he did?

I've been quite vocal for the ending of BFG but in all fairness Hogan did what he thought was best for TNA, not himself.

Hogan gains nothing by Roode losing so he was just giving his honest opinion on it. I don't like that he went to the public and basically said Roode wasn't ready, I feel he buried Roode by doing so but for him to lobby Roode not winning in the back wasn't exactly a bad move on Hogan's.

I think Hogan felt that Angle deserved to win more and was a legit main eventer where Roode wasn't, and he was right. I love Roode but he wasn't ready so he shouldn't have won, but in my opinion he shouldn't have been in the main event either if he wasn't ready, that's like if WWE put Morrison vs. The Miz at WM27, Morrison's great he just isn't there yet.

All in all I agree with Hogan, Roode isn't the guy, he isn't ready, I wish they did the ending better, I wish Hogan didn't go out to the public and bury Roode but I respect it was his honest opinion and I don't necessarily think he was wrong, just wrong in how he went about it.

im sure hulk hogan came up with the horrible screwdriver end for the aj styles -christopher daniels match and im sure hogan came up with the murder lines and everything to make sure that match was so unsatisfying that hogan's match would go over well

dixie is better off just giveing hogan the remainder of his contract money and asking him to leave

not haveing a product that seem's credible will probally hurt tna getting a future tv deal

im not sure where tna goes from here this is probally the climax of wwe's future dvd the rise and fall of tna with jeff jarett on commentary

I've been quite vocal for the ending of BFG but in all fairness Hogan did what he thought was best for TNA, not himself.

Hogan gains nothing by Roode losing so he was just giving his honest opinion on it. I don't like that he went to the public and basically said Roode wasn't ready, I feel he buried Roode by doing so but for him to lobby Roode not winning in the back wasn't exactly a bad move on Hogan's.

I think Hogan felt that Angle deserved to win more and was a legit main eventer where Roode wasn't, and he was right. I love Roode but he wasn't ready so he shouldn't have won, but in my opinion he shouldn't have been in the main event either if he wasn't ready, that's like if WWE put Morrison vs. The Miz at WM27, Morrison's great he just isn't there yet.

All in all I agree with Hogan, Roode isn't the guy, he isn't ready, I wish they did the ending better, I wish Hogan didn't go out to the public and bury Roode but I respect it was his honest opinion and I don't necessarily think he was wrong, just wrong in how he went about it.

kevin nash wasnt the guy to carry wwe but they put the belt on him anyways to make the fans happy for awhile

plus kurt never let roode get any offense in this is the same crap that killed wcw watch duggan vs berlin

Blasphemy, absolute total blasphemy. To suggest that Hulk Hogan would suppress younger, up and coming talent (in terms of the main event) in favor or older, established veterans, possibly with a personal agenda in mind, now that's just crazy talk. There's absolutely no precedent for him having done such a thing, and I cannot imagine he would allow his ego, his vision of the way things should be, or his own personal interests, to be placed ahead of the interests of the company with whom he's employed.

:)

The entire thematic crux of that main event was Bobby Roode winning the World Heavyweight Title!

Imagine if you were watching Star Wars and right where Luke Skywalker is meant to blow up the Deathstar, a random laser turret shoots him down, the hero is dead and the Rebellion is crushed.

You'd be sat there thinking "WHAT THE F*** JUST HAPPENED?!?!". Just like I was last night after Roode jobbed to Angle.

kevin nash wasnt the guy to carry wwe but they put the belt on him anyways to make the fans happy for awhile

plus kurt never let roode get any offense in this is the same crap that killed wcw watch duggan vs berlin

I agree that the match wasn't good but that's not Hogan's fault, he didn't lobby to have a 7 minute main event, Roode could have lost and looked good at the end.

Kevin Nash wasn't the guy to carry the WWE but at the time he WAS ready to be in the main event and champion, as a matter of fact, Nash was a good WWE champion, Roode's not ready and that's the difference.

im sure hulk hogan came up with the horrible screwdriver end for the aj styles -christopher daniels match and im sure hogan came up with the murder lines and everything to make sure that match was so unsatisfying that hogan's match would go over well

dixie is better off just giveing hogan the remainder of his contract money and asking him to leave

not haveing a product that seem's credible will probally hurt tna getting a future tv deal

im not sure where tna goes from here this is probally the climax of wwe's future dvd the rise and fall of tna with jeff jarett on commentary
It's sad to see how people can't seem to be able afford a proper education. Apparently putting on one of the funnest PPV's in a while with one of the hottest crowds while also breaking in-company attendance records was a bad move simply because Hulk Hogan said the guy in the main event wasn't ready to win. That some how took away from the entire show and crippled it beyond repair and makes Hogan look like a dick for actually being vocal about his co-workers. God-forbid, it was an actually entertaining main event that people where wondering if TNA did indeed decide to turn a tag team wrestler into it's flagship wrestler within two months. Seriously, shut the fuck up. The product wasn't credible, it was incredible. Most shows in both WWE and TNA fail to start and end as solidly as this did nowadays. I fail to see how such a stacked card that actually delivered is a failure as a product simply because they decided to hold back on crowning a new champion. The live crowd ate the show up in approval, most reviewers loved it, but you whine about it. And on top of that, with the inability to write a sentence properly.

Next time you wanna try and sound smart, heed these two tips:

1) The idea is to enjoy the show, not pander to the requests of "this guy should win" from a guy sitting on his computer as opposed to the guy picked by the largest names in the business

2) CAPS AND PUNCTUATION.

Stupid Hogan that's why he should step back and step down.TNA went back two steps after having Angle retain.If Roode won, he would of became a Main Event to here to the rest of life, and TNA was doing good with their PPV up to then, they that dum finish c'mon.If Roode wins it a month from now, it won't have that same value if won it last night.People are pissed and are giving up the product after last night.

Well to be honest, I'd love to actually talk to someone who works for TNA to tell me whether this was true or not about the Hulkster sabotaging the finish to the Roode-Angle match and burying Roode in the process. And no, I will not cite the glorified kayfabe interview of Hogan saying "Roode wasn't ready", to hell with that. Again, we're just fans here that are reading a report that may or may not be true. However OP could you provide us with a link to this report it would make discussing this point a lot easier and we'd actually have a foundation to structure this discussion around.

In the last week, Hogan has gone on record as not believing Bobby Roode is a worthy maineventer and that AJ Styles is nothing more than a "jabroni mark". Taking it one step further, he took his opinion and made it a reality by lobbying for Roode to LOSE the title match two months worth of television had been building upto because "he just isn't ready".

Will these horrible actions and remarks on Hogan's part have any kind of repurcussions?

I doubt that Hogan's standing in the company will be affected at all. What I'm really curious about is how the talent respond to it. I'd imagine both AJ Styles and Bobby Roode are majorly pissed off at the moment. The company continually rubs them the wrong way and it's not as if they couldn't find work elsewhere. Throw in a few other disenchanted talents like Samoa Joe and TNA could find itself with somewhat of an exodus. Vince McMahon would be a cakewalk compared to navigating Hulk Hogan's mindfield of an ego.

So what do you reckon, will anyone in TNA be rethinking their employment situation in the coming months...

yes it will

im sure robert roode will make a paycheck and everything

its not just bobby roodes mommentum that got killed i feel like i witnessed the death of tna

tna has been mostly mediocre with some promise here there and some good matches every now and then the ending of last nights bound for glory just seemed like tna is on its last legs i can allready smell vince buying the video library now

Stupid Hogan that's why he should step back and step down.TNA went back two steps after having Angle retain.If Roode won, he would of became a Main Event to here to the rest of life, and TNA was doing good with their PPV up to then, they that dum finish c'mon.If Roode wins it a month from now, it won't have that same value if won it last night.People are pissed and are giving up the product after last night.

Then they should and should also never call themselves wrestling fans again. Because they clearly don't have any idea of how one acts. Yes, I know the ending looked bad. That happens when the wrestler get's injured mid-match. But the decision to have Roode lose does not change anything and him winning was not gonna do anything other than make him champion. If nothing changed while he was being built up, why would him winning the title automatically make everything work? The title does not make the star. And while Roode was indeed over, there is no way in hell anyone could actually believe he can push the product forward better than guys like Angle, Hardy, Sting, Styles or Anderson. Have him headline Bound For Glory all you want, but if there are other guys in the roster that garner more interest, it just sounds stupid to claim he would push the product forward all of the sudden just by winning the title last night.

In the last week, Hogan has gone on record as not believing Bobby Roode is a worthy maineventer and that AJ Styles is nothing more than a "jabroni mark". Taking it one step further, he took his opinion and made it a reality by lobbying for Roode to LOSE the title match two months worth of television had been building upto because "he just isn't ready".

Will these horrible actions and remarks on Hogan's part have any kind of repurcussions?

I doubt that Hogan's standing in the company will be affected at all. What I'm really curious about is how the talent respond to it. I'd imagine both AJ Styles and Bobby Roode are majorly pissed off at the moment. The company continually rubs them the wrong way and it's not as if they couldn't find work elsewhere. Throw in a few other disenchanted talents like Samoa Joe and TNA could find itself with somewhat of an exodus. Vince McMahon would be a cakewalk compared to navigating Hulk Hogan's mindfield of an ego.

So what do you reckon, will anyone in TNA be rethinking their employment situation in the coming months...

if tna could release aj styles samoa joe and robert roode at the same time and wwe signed them wwe would have 3 guys they can put in the mainevent six months after they sign those three talents are money with the wwe hype machine

if tna could release aj styles samoa joe and robert roode at the same time and wwe signed them wwe would have 3 guys they can put in the mainevent six months after they sign those three talents are money with the wwe hype machine

Exactly. And Vince wouldn't even need to repackage them. They're another CM Punk waiting to happen.

Roode is better than Jeff, Sting had the belt enough times.Angle same deal.Anderson didn't work at all when he had the belt neither, blame TNA for using him wrong at that time and Anderson getting lost at times.I love TNA but Wrestling grows on the basis that you keep creating stars...passing the torch.TNA made a mistake, and when you see the roster, especially vets like Styles and other hating Hogan...next time you look they head to WWE! Then what, a year from now, we are talking about how TNA close down?

And you personally think it's a guarantee that they are going to skyrocket to the top of WWE? You think that Vince is going to all of a sudden forget about his boys like Cena, Triple H, and Orton upon hosts of others? I highly doubt it. Not to say the those guys can't do good things in WWE but there's no guarantee that Vince will necessarily even care what they did in the past.

While I admit that it's a bit overplayed on the part of the WWE haters that guys from other companies never made it in the WWF/E, you can tell that those who don't make their name in the WWF are definitely molded a lot differently when they jump ship.

Yes you do indeed have your Benoits, Guerreros, Mysterios and Booker Ts....but also don't forget you also had your Lex Lugers, Ron Simmonses, Mike Awesomes, and Lance Storms too. Not to say those guys didn't do well either in WWF/E...however one could argue that their successes prior to WWF were a lot greater.

I am not saying to never say never but with the amount of top stars WWE has right now...to try to get Roode, Joe and Styles in the WWE in a fashion similar to the Radicalz going to WWF isn't a guarantee.

And yes I am sure that Hogan's star power has influence, we're not disputing that, but what I'M disputing is how much of the internet BS is true...just sit back and watch what's on the screen, people who concern themselves with matters that they are not privy to are the last to speak with any authority.

When it comes down to this rumor mill gaga, all I know is that I don't know...and I prefer keeping it that way. If people want to think of me as a condescending prick by all means continue to do so...I've got no issue with that. I'd rather be condescending than act like I know everything.

2 Months? And you really think he didn't have a point? It took Stone Cold Steve Austin over a year to go from The Ringmaster to the WWF Champion. It took John Cena a year and a few months to go from a parody heel to WWE's newest top face. It took AJ Styles 2 years to from Kurt Angle's goofy sidekick to The Phenomenal One. But we are supposed to to think it's OK for Robert Roode to go from Beer Money member to new champion in two months? Then AJ Styles complains. Hulks response? "I'm the one going out and spreading the word on major venues instead of you, because for some odd reason, 9 as the top guy weren't enough for you reach that point".

You really think Hogan was wrong?

I don't think it's guaranteed they'd even find employment in the WWE.

But I can't help but think alot of loyal TNA mainstays are going to be thinking to themselves "Hulk Hogan is never going to let me progress past a certain point, maybe it's better I go elsewhere".

Hell, they could all go to Ring of Honor. I know they'd love to have them back.

There might be a few who get very upset over this. Enough to go to wwe & not kno if you'll be on tv or not, not so sure. I really don't think they'd sign Joe, they've never shown interest in him, not to mention he's a shell of his former self. Plus u have to remember these guys are good friends with kararian, he I'm sure has horror stories from the WWE to share with them. Plus other than Joe the rest are under contract for quite some time still I believe.

Well to be honest, I'd love to actually talk to someone who works for TNA to tell me whether this was true or not about the Hulkster sabotaging the finish to the Roode-Angle match and burying Roode in the process. And no, I will not cite the glorified kayfabe interview of Hogan saying "Roode wasn't ready", to hell with that. Again, we're just fans here that are reading a report that may or may not be true. However OP could you provide us with a link to this report it would make discussing this point a lot easier and we'd actually have a foundation to structure this discussion around.

You could find the story on pwinsider and it's on the front page of the main site. The interview Hogan did a few days ago only proves to make this report more truthful if anything. I mean when he says "they might think he's ready" and "the whole world might think he's ready" but he's "not ready" it makes the story a whole lot more believable.

You could find the story on pwinsider and it's on the front page of the main site. The interview Hogan did a few days ago only proves to make this report more truthful if anything. I mean when he says "they might think he's ready" and "the whole world might think he's ready" but he's "not ready" it makes the story a whole lot more believable.

I saw the link HoHo provided and I read the article that the link sent me to...and yes I listened to Hogan's interview, but I still don't buy what I read on the internet most times. It's a hard sell for me when you consider what the nature of the wrestling business is. Either way people are talking so it is what it is lol...whenever topics like this come up I always direct people to Rayne that dude knows what's up.

That's as true as BFG drawing 2500 fans in the arena.

Look, this is a hot time for the dirt sheets. Lots of people want to read lots of negative shit about TNA. That equals more hits for their websites. Now it's hogan lobbying. In a few days it will be Roode or AJ wanting to jump ship. Next week it will be roster morale being down. You know the drill.

If Hogan lobbied for Roode to lose - that's fine. I can see where he's coming from. The people who allowed it are the ones I'm mad at. Namely - Dixie Carter. Take his dick out of your ass and then run a company.

Roode is better than Jeff, Sting had the belt enough times.Angle same deal.Anderson didn't work at all when he had the belt neither, blame TNA for using him wrong at that time and Anderson getting lost at times.I love TNA but Wrestling grows on the basis that you keep creating stars...passing the torch.TNA made a mistake, and when you see the roster, especially vets like Styles and other hating Hogan...next time you look they head to WWE! Then what, a year from now, we are talking about how TNA close down?

Right. Mail me a list with all the TNA guys that left in frustration for WWE. Let alone one's that found success. You said it. Wrestling grows on the basis of making stars grow. Making Roode TNA Champion was seen by many as being a grow that was forced. Yeah, the crowds are receptive, but at the same time it's too quick an evolution on his part to actually say he could fully carry the company if he won. Did he not look good in the match? I thought he looked rock solid. But at the same time, he's coming out to tag team music and a very generic look. Hulk stored away a moment for another time. If Roode had won and didn't work out, would rinsing and repeating with another equally built guy seem as good a moment? No, it happened not long ago.

As for the stupidity of a company falling apart because Hogan said something with a good amount of truth and pointed out the flaws the talents? Right. If they can't take Hogan's bluntness, how are they supposed to deal with Vincent Kennedy McMahon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back