• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Should Undertaker's Career End?

A11oftheLights

Getting Noticed By Management
Undertaker is clearly on his way out its only a matter of time before 'Taker stops doing his mania only work load. Now most people say Taker should remain undefeated at Wrestlemania, myself included. However some people believe he should 'pass the torch' on his way out.

Now just because Undertaker remains undefeated, doesn't mean he can't pass the torch. For example, Undertaker could be revealed as Bray Wyatt's higher power and Taker could then go on and teach Bray the "dark arts" and mentor him and thus pass the torch. A similar path could be taken with Conor O'Brian who holds a similar gimmick to Undertaker down in NXT.

On the flip side of the coin if Undertaker is to lose I would see Roman Reigns as a potential candidate. Its rumoured that WWE feels Reigns could be a future star and face of the company. Is there any bigger way of making someone a star than having them overpower the streak? I don't think so.

So how would you like to see Undertaker bow out from wrestling? Should he remain undefeated and if so how does he leave?

OR Should Undertaker lose his final match at Wrestlemania and if so who should get the prestigious honour?

I really hate to see 'Taker end his career but...it has to happen sometime, I guess. However, I agree with you. I think he should remain un-defeated - the best way I can describe it would be to have Undertaker be like the Hank Aaron of wrestling...if that makes sense....

I think Undertaker should retire after dealing with the only loose end he has left, The Shield. The Shield put Undertaker out and he needs revenge before he retires or they would leave a massive loose end on his career. I think maybe have him face Reigns or run a gauntlet but however they do it he should beat the Shield at Mania and retire the next night or at the PPV

I agree. He needs to face the Shield at WM. Either all of them or Roman Reigns. I'm starting to wonder if WWE feels the same way, which might be why they've made the Shield look strong again lately. It would make sense, 'cause obviously something needs to happen there when the Undertaker returns.

However some people believe he should 'pass the torch' on his way out.

It wouldn't bother me if he did; I like the idea of "immortal" streaks coming to an end. (Of course, literally speaking, if the streak is truly immortal, it wouldn't end). However, I can't believe they built the record all these years just to have him lose in his very last match. This is a guy who should have been a villain all these years, as he was in the beginning of his career (it's illogical that everyone has rooted for "death" all this time). But his longevity and accomplishments don't allow us to regard him as a bad guy; he's overcome too much to give up his streak now.

The thing with 'Taker having faced the best of the best all these years is that there's hardly anyone left to go up against. He hasn't faced John Cena at Wrestlemania and that would certainly be a contest worth watching, but Cena already agreed to lose to one immortal on pro wrestling's biggest stage: the Rock. How many times can we reasonably expect him to sacrifice his own standing to honor a legend?

Sting at WM would be fantastic, providing he would lose to Undertaker.....in what might be his only WWE appearance. Would he do it? If so, that would be worthy of 'Taker's last match.

The only other opponent for 'Taker would be Brock Lesnar. If that happened, there'd be no question that Lesnar would job; he's already done it a couple times in his present WWE tenure. Brock doesn't need a torch passed to him, given that he's not a member of the new generation that needs torches passed.

My preference for Undertaker's last match.....and last victory?

Sting.

I think it would be cool that whoever he beats in his last match (which will be at a Wrestlemania), he would be alone in the ring afterwards. As he celebrates, he'll do his go on one knee and reach for urn pose and the lights go out. When it's dark, lightning hits the ring. Once the lights go back on, he's gone.

I don't think a big celebration would be necessary. He debuted with no hype, just as a 'secret' partner, and I think he should leave in mystery.

the undertaker in a 3 on 1 elmination handicap match at mania against the shield. Have Taker eliminate both rollins and ambrose, only for a completely fatigued and drained taker get speared in half by roman reigns and thus taking the loss. He'll go out having put over both the shield and more importantly Roman Reigns in a big way and also somewhat preserve his record in that it took 3 men to beat him at mania.

I think he should fight Kane at Wrestlemania 31, in a Hell in a Cell Match (the match Undertaker made famous) and I'd hype it that it's Undertaker's final match, no matter what happens. I'd have them fight to a near draw but Undertaker somehow hits a tombstone pins him and then I'd have them both laying in the ring unable to get up. Then lights would go out. Gong one final time and then have his music play one final time. When the lights come back on, Kane is in the ring along with Undertaker's coat and hat (and maybe the urn) on the ground but Undertaker is nowhere to be seen and is not heard from again (until he's inducted into the Hall of Fame).

I think he should go out either undefeated or taking the L to Kane. We can have the story of the little brother finally surpassing the older brother and after the match the lights go out and Kane's original mask and the Urn are left in the ring while they themselves are gone then you can have it go dark, lighting strike, kane's pyro, and when the lights come on again the ring is completely empty. In this scenario they'd both be retiring at the same time.

Even if the Undertaker loses, he would still have the greatest record of wins at Wrestlemania. It's not about damaging the Undertaker's legacy, it's about building a legacy for a newcomer. When Undertaker is not able to wrestle any more, he should put over a younger over (like Ambrose, Reigns or Wyatt) at Wrestlemania.

Remember Chris Jericho's speech "I beat the Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin at the same night to become the first ever Undisputed Champion"?
Had Rock or Austin won, it wouldn't make them greater than they already were. But that win pushed Chris Jericho to the moon and is still referred today.

Imagine a guy like Dean Ambrose saying "I broke the Undertaker's immortal streak"...

In the history of the WWE,there have maybe been a elite and i mean elite few who deserve to go out on their own terms. Taker is one of them. Undertaker sad as it is,will retire one day.. That time is sooner than later im afraid. As to how he should go out? ANy damn way he wants..

He has had the most storied career out of everybody.. His 21-0 WM streak,countless title reigns,memorable feuds with everyone,managed by the Great Paul Bearer.. Truth be told,his last match should not be against Sting. Sting While an icon is not on the same page as Taker is.

This feud and match if it were to happen is five years too late.. This should have happened around 2007 or 2008 at the latest! Sting is quite comfy in TNA,and for whatever reason is bound and determined to go down with the sinking ship that is TNA! Taker should remain undefeated at WM have his last match against who he seems worthy,and if he chooses for them to go over then so be it..

He can dictate,whatever and whomever he wants to face! When it happens its gonna be very emotional,probably even more so than when HBK retired

I think he should go out either undefeated or taking the L to Kane. We can have the story of the little brother finally surpassing the older brother and after the match the lights go out and Kane's original mask and the Urn are left in the ring while they themselves are gone then you can have it go dark, lighting strike, kane's pyro, and when the lights come on again the ring is completely empty. In this scenario they'd both be retiring at the same time.

If Taker is going to lose his streak it has to be to put a future star over and give him his big push. Undertaker losing to a guy who is about to retire is a terrible idea. I think he has to stay undefeated but I do think this should be the first year in quite a few where he faces a younger guy and as I said above Reigns would be my pick

If Taker is going to lose his streak it has to be to put a future star over and give him his big push. Undertaker losing to a guy who is about to retire is a terrible idea. I think he has to stay undefeated but I do think this should be the first year in quite a few where he faces a younger guy and as I said above Reigns would be my pick

I don't think it would be a good idea to have a young guy in the streak first that's a lot of heat if they're a heel or praise if they are a face. They would have to maintain that momentum their entire career and I just don't see it happening also that's the biggest thing you can accomplish why would the title matter to that person they could just say fuck the title I did what several multi title champions couldn't do. And you also run the risk of them being another case of Brock Lesnar who they spent time building him up as the future of the company and then have him split. And it's not just "a guy who is about to retire" it would be the match that would end both the story of The Undertaker and Kane. I think having a young guy ending the streak is setting them up for failure but with my scenario you can't go wrong.

I don't think it would be a good idea to have a young guy in the streak first that's a lot of heat if they're a heel or praise if they are a face. They would have to maintain that momentum their entire career and I just don't see it happening also that's the biggest thing you can accomplish why would the title matter to that person they could just say fuck the title I did what several multi title champions couldn't do. And you also run the risk of them being another case of Brock Lesnar who they spent time building him up as the future of the company and then have him split. And it's not just "a guy who is about to retire" it would be the match that would end both the story of The Undertaker and Kane. I think having a young guy ending the streak is setting them up for failure but with my scenario you can't go wrong.

I don't think Taker should lose I think he should retire after winning at WM30 but what I said was IF they are going to have someone beat him it needs to be a younger guy not someone who they cant build around for the future.

Taker wrestles a final match against an up-and-coming heel like Dean Ambrose. They do some sort of match at Elimination Chamber where the winner gets to choose any stipulation he wants (Kane and Taker vs. Dean and Roman maybe).

Dean's team wins and he tells Taker he's going to have to choose what is more important to him, his LEGACY or his CAREER. Because at WM, if Undertaker wins, he has to retire. Either he loses the streak or he loses his career.

At WrestleMania, Undertaker pins Dean, bows out, cuts a final promo the next night, and disappears forever, except for the occasional segment on Raw.

Dean didn't break the streak but he gets to boast about how he ended the Undertaker's career, which would get him huge heat with the fans.

Taker wrestles a final match against an up-and-coming heel like Dean Ambrose. They do some sort of match at Elimination Chamber where the winner gets to choose any stipulation he wants (Kane and Taker vs. Dean and Roman maybe).

Dean's team wins and he tells Taker he's going to have to choose what is more important to him, his LEGACY or his CAREER. Because at WM, if Undertaker wins, he has to retire. Either he loses the streak or he loses his career.

At WrestleMania, Undertaker pins Dean, bows out, cuts a final promo the next night, and disappears forever, except for the occasional segment on Raw.

Dean didn't break the streak but he gets to boast about how he ended the Undertaker's career, which would get him huge heat with the fans.

I don't think it would work... because stipulations like this only works for the loser: "Loser retires", "Loser is fired", it's never "Winner retires" or "Winner is fired"

And, as Triple H said to the Undertaker “When te streak dies, you die”. Today, the Undertaker's career IS the streak.

Of course, Taker could retire undefeated, and the heel could just say later that he retired the Undertaker, because after their match Taker wasn't able to come back. Like "Even though I lost the match, I beat him up so badly he can't wrestle anymore"

I am a Huge Roman Reigns fan as well, who is looking forward to see how much he is pushed.
However, there is no way they should let and up and coming superstar end the very same streak even HHH and HBK couldn't end in 2 tries.
Also Reigns is looked at as a Future Babyface so having him end the streak wouldn't help in that.
On the current roster, basically only John Cena has any chance to end the streak, and even then only if it is a compelling storyline, maybe something referencing back to Cena as rookie shaking Taker's hand after his debut and the potential he saw in him...or maybe have Cena turn heel(monster heel) as a result.

However, as a Huge Taker fan from the very beginning, I don't think the streak should end anyways.It is the embodiment of the Aura of the Undertaker character, the Deadman...

About Sting fighting Taker. That ship has sailed away, and honestly, the Sting's biggest legacy is being the One Big Name in Pro-Wrestling that got away from the WWE.
John Cena is well on his way to winning the most Championships, and whilst he doesn't need to be put over, breaking the streak would cement his legacy Accomplishments wise.
The Shield together have a genuine feud started, so I do expect that Taker will seek some sort of revenge for being laid out. Don't know if they will let it boil over till the Mania however.
Brock Lesnar is one who doesn't have any reason to win against Taker. His feud would be a UFC crossover and him losing to Taker would increase Taker's standing and would mean a match showing Taker taking a big load of punishment.

Any other guys...The Rock,maybe....don't see a good feud in that,however, and he isn't the face of the PG era, it would have worked back when it was the Rock's 'Face of the Company" run.

I am sure many here know that in the true code of wrestling, which I am sure Undertaker lives by, is your career ends on your back on the mat. Undertaker will lose. When, I don't know. He had a hard time trying to prepare last year due to health. Maybe he's feeling much better and can keep going for a couple more years, but his last match should be in a loss.

Hate to say it, but Cena or Orton are the only 2 I see ATM who deserve to do it.

I think at maybe next year's WM 31 Taker vs Cena. Cena is about to lose so he cheats cause he cant win. He hits Taker with his chain twice low blow and FU pins him spits on him. Then at next years Mania Taker has to get his revenge next WM and officially retire.

Bam Cena turns heel in the hottest way ever. It will never happen though.

UNDERTAKER streak should be ended only by the BIGGEST superstar right now which is JOHN CENA..Only that can make the STREAK look legit and give a proper end to it..Otherwise it has to be someone greater than CENA like HOGAN, AUSTIN or ROCK which is not gonna happen..
Roman Reigns ending the STREAK would make a lot of people hate him and make him look real bad..If he has been around here for some years then it would have been ok..But he is just getting started on his way to greatness..

John Cena vs The Undertaker. That is the answer, if 'Taker decided to hang em up in 2014 then what better way than at WrestleMania XXX in the main event against WWE's biggest star? it makes perfect sense, all the stars are aligned and story writes itself. The "face of the company vs The "Streak" and The Dead-man at WWE's premier event.

He shouldn't end his career at WrestleMania. Ending his career with a victory? I don't think so. He should lose in his final match and it should happen at Survivor Series.

You bill The Undertaker's last match as his last match and you reap the rewards with a PPV buy-rate. He made his debut at S.S. so it'd be apt for him to end his career on it. And as big as The Streak has become, you can't build a show around it, only a match.

At S.S. you could build the show around it and he can put somebody over before he leaves. Who I don't know. It's unimportant really. He should also "die". Have the Undertaker character killed off. It might sound silly, and it is, but so is The Undertaker. He's the master of silly.

He shouldn't end his career at WrestleMania. Ending his career with a victory? I don't think so. He should lose in his final match and it should happen at Survivor Series.

You bill The Undertaker's last match as his last match and you reap the rewards with a PPV buy-rate. He made his debut at S.S. so it'd be apt for him to end his career on it. And as big as The Streak has become, you can't build a show around it, only a match.

At S.S. you could build the show around it and he can put somebody over before he leaves. Who I don't know. It's unimportant really. He should also "die". Have the Undertaker character killed off. It might sound silly, and it is, but so is The Undertaker. He's the master of silly.

His current character is built around the fact that he died. I like the idea of inducting into the HOF at Mania and then losing at a later PPV never to be seen from again but him dying is stupid as his character already died before hence his name the Deadman

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back