• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How should Dean Ambrose make his WWE debut?

I think Ambrose should attack a high-ranking person in WWE:

the IWC seems to like the idea of the Ambrose-Foley feud
Attack Triple H off the heels of his match at summerslam vs Brock Lesnar
my prefered idea would be to have him attack a legend at the 1,000 Raw and introduce himself to the fans while insulting the legends claiming himself to be "The Future" and build something around that or have him feud with another rising star then turn it into a
2-on-2 situation adding on Antonio cesaro and another up-and-coming superstar.

tell me what ya think?

He should debut against Punk or Kane(although Ambrose vs Taker would be a dream) they'd have a series of matches and then he could go back down to the mid-card dominate for about a year and then get a world championship run

Have Ambrose attack a main event guy. And the GM(whomever it is at the time being) "sign him up" to the roster. then ambrose keeps on interfering or distracting him(his rival). Then have the rival beat him at a PPV. The Raw after the PPV, have Ambrose cut a promo saying he's setting a bounty for ___$$$ amount of dollars. Then keep on having Mid-card guys attempting to attack the rival (Hell even have guys like Kofi & Satino turn heel to do so.) Until finally Ambrose catches his rival off guard & beats him with an object. Lead this to another PPV, having Ambrose pick up the win & establishing himself

how big of an impact are we talking? nexus type?

okay on 1000th episode of RAW, Undertaker doing a speech in ring saying he may not have many more battles left in him.. after few weeks of eary vignettes, he comes and attacks undertaker only to be foiled and thrown out of the ring, he sits on the ramp CM Punk style and starts laughing at the Deadman, undertaker looking bemused, match at summerslam getting beat by 'Taker, booom he is over already.

People like Damien Sandow and Antonio Cesaro starting low and working their way up as heels is fine, as long as they actually plan to push them up through the ranks.

However, I feel like Dean Ambrose should be debuted in a big way, not necessarily directly into the main event, but right into a major feud and part of the show. What that is, I can't say I know, but I think they need to debut someone high up on the card and stick with it, they haven't done that in a long time.

I've said this once before. Dean Ambrose, WWE's secret weapon, shows up during the WWE title match at Money in the Bank. Steel chair in hand, he demolishes CM and Bryan. Remember, folks, AJ is the special guest referee. She won't stop the match. Dean puts Punk over Bryan for the one, two, three, Punk retains. Dean grabs the WWE title, hits the ring again, and gloats above the lifeless bodies of Punk and Bryan. AJ shows her true colors, siding with Dean. It's a perfect match, really. AJ and Dean are both loved by the IWC, and they both are nuts. This will lead to a triple threat match at SummerSlam. We need a heel or a tweener to win. Punk and Bryan will both want revenge for what Dean did to them, so Bryan would be the tweener. One or the other wins. Oh no! It's Hulk Hogan! I mean, John Cena. We all know Cena is going to win at MITB, so he hits the ring, cashes in his contract, wins it, and keeps him a face. AJ and Dean show up on RAW the next night, pissed off beyond belief. CM Punk enters the ring, blaming Dean for what happened. Daniel Bryan enters as well, blaming the both of them for what happened. John Cena shows up on the titantron, telling them they all had their respective faults in what happened. Cena thanks them for screwing up, and says, that in return, there will be a fatal-4-way elimination match for the WWE title at Night of Champions. Take it from here, WWE Creative!

Well here is my idea, it's basically Like what he did with foley when he showed up out of the blue. But this time he follows Christian, everywhere Christian goes he shows up the gym, the store, with his kids everywhere. Dean will basically say all that stuff that foley caused but with christian and the tlc matches. So this goes on for about 4 weeks then dean starts showing up at the shows with signs belittling Christian and etc. Then at house shows jumping the guard rails almost like he's a crazed fan. So let's so say 1000th raw Christian vs whoever they go about ten mins and then dean shows up again but he attacks christian after the match like a brutal beatdown all around the arena putting Christian out till 2 week before night of champions, dean cuts a raven type promo talking about how he wanted to be like foley, christian and other guys who did all these crazy matches etc, just going crazy in the promo to give background on him basically not wanting to be like them but in reality he's crazier then them. So dean cuts that's promo challenges Christian to night of champions, Christian answers and cuts a promo on dean. Setting up a match for the ic title at night of champions let them go 25 mins back and forth war with dean winning after taking 3 killswitches a spear and frogsplash taking everything Christian has and still winning making him a star and a badass by taking all of Christian finshers, having a great match with Christian which is a given then after the match dean cuts another promo backstage in the lockerroom sitting in the corner of the room by himself Matthews or striker walks in and dean says there's a new era the era of Ambrouse, he starts laughing and then stops and stares at Matthews or striker and asks them do you think I'm crazy, they look scared and he says you should.

Thats how I think he should debut not with santino put him with a guy who is proven that can work in Christian, let them tear the house down At night of champions, some smackdowns and then end it at summerslam in a no dq falls count anywhere that goes 30 mins. I would love to hear what you guys think about my idea.

I would first like to see vignettes that just don't seem to make any sense. Have them be filled with mumblings of "I'm a monster" and "I'm a sick person" and other snips of his FCW promos but keep them jumbled and random. Don't show his face and really don't even have to show him, let the whole thing just be chaos.

Then when Brodus Clay is doing this silly dance stick in the ring have the final vignette of him play that is even crazier than the ones we have already seen. Have the lights go out and then suddenly we see him in the ring matched up against Brodus. He would look small obviously mentally unstable and almost make people feel sorry for him at first. Have Brodus and the chicks he dances with go check on him, making it look almost like he's just a poor mentality unstable fan that doesn't know where he is, and then he just goes to town and destroys brodus with a hidden weapon causing the women to run away like their lives depended on it. Make a ton of people have to come out to pull him away and get him off Brodus.

After this I would have Brodus off TV for a bit, kayfab "injured", and let Dean run through his friends, light up Kofi, R-Truth, Ryder, etc etc as he goes on and then setting his sights on Santino and the US title. Have the two have a match with Dean not only winning the match but destroying Santino and continueing to brutalize him after the match until Brodus makes his return and the save. At which point he would fued with Brodus, giving Brodus his first real fued but also setting up Dean as a monster heel after destroying so many baby faces.

It would make Dean look awesome, allow Brodus' character to expand beyond the dancing, and get the US title off Santino. While I think him working with Brodus might be difficult this can be mitigated with stipulations, after all with Dean destroying Brodus and his friends it would be personal as hell for Brodus and some hardcore matches would be appropriate.

I think his strength is his promo work. Debuting him in a match is not unique enough for him. Jericho's debut is almost his career highlight, I would try and work towards something similar. Not attacking the top guys but interrupting their Promos with ones of his own. Each week he can interrupt someone different, such as Cena, Punk, Big Show, the Gm etc. Get people know who this guy is with amazing promos before putting him in the ring. A tip talent will then tell him to back it up and he can by having a solid match and win by pulling the tights or even dq himself by going crazy

At money in the bank, we will likely see the last bout between Bryan and Punk with the sole focus being AJ. If they will both be involved in the same match at summerslam, with a probable Cena guest, that match will be more about the title. But, if they want Ambrose to get a big impact, and want a Punk vs. Cena (with Cena cashing MITB - that's my prediction) at Summerslam, why not have Bryan vs Ambrose as Ambrose's first feud? But, seeing what WWE has been thinking for the last two PPVs and almost giving the title to Bryan, I could book a Punk Ambrose feud! Just tweek it up a little, you'll get any feud you want out of this
Here's my booking:
MITB:

AJ has been a fairly impartial ref for 10 minutes into the match. The two men obviously, pulling another classic, fight for their lives, with Bryan currently in control. Have Bryan have punk in a pin and AJ do a very un-obvious slow count. Bryan gets frustrated and provokes AJ, yelling at her, with her backing out to the corner and Bryan going towards her. Punk strikes from the back with an anaconda vice, but Bryan gets out. Thus, their match continues and, about 30 minutes in, all finishers have been applied and done, both men are very tired, AJ has done a pretty good job, having most of her 'bumps' with bryan, but some of them with Punk too. In the end, it has to win with Punk arguing with AJ, while Bryan gets the roll up - being pinned quickly. Aj goes down for the count, but counts only 1...2... but never goes down for the 3 count. She stands up and signals for the bell to ring. Everybody is confused, Booker is going crazy on commentary. AJ goes to get the title, Skips into the ring with the title, but doesn't want to give it to Bryan. She goes out and wants to go to the stage, chanting YES, but Bryan beats her to it. He demands to take the title, going towards AJ, out come Ambrose. AJ hugs him and hides behind him. Bryan grabs the microphone that AJ had when announcing the winner and chanting YES, asks Ambrose who he is, He says he's Dean Ambrose, Yadda yadda yadda, it all ends up with them being in the ring with Bryan somehow announcing he loves AJ. finnaly. Ambrose smiles at AJ and lays out Bryan with the title, then leaves it there. Out come the general manager, that would prefferably be the anon. RAW GM this week - Cole gets heat, would be awesome. Announcing the match is scheduled to restart. Bryan doesn't lay down for the first 1,2,3, but loses to punk in around 5 minutes. Next night on raw, It's all about the girl, not the title.

It needs a little tweaking, but I feel it could be a good summer feud.

I'm bewildered by how many people just want to shoot Dean Ambrose straight to the top of the card. It makes no sense at all. Look, I like Ambrose a lot and I think he's bound for success, but he needs a slow build. Ambrose shouldn't come in and interfere in the Bryan/Punk match, he shouldn't feud with a main eventer so early on -- he needs to come in and establish himself with the crowd slowly. Give him a nice entry level feud against a midcard guy, let him talk on the mic and let the crowd know what his intentions are -- then, move him into a feud for the United States/Intercontinental Championship. Let Ambrose work in the midcard, building his way into the main event, sort of like Cody Rhodes is poised to do. That makes a hell of a lot more sense than shoving him straight into the heart of the fire, in a position he may not be ready for.

Crash booking someone into a position that's too high for them will only stunt their growth. There's something to be said about a talent who is formed into a main eventer right before your eyes -- it's formulaic, but it's a blueprint for success. Guys like Orton and Cena worked through the midcard and into the main event over the course of a couple of years, a guy like Ambrose could go through the same build. The problem with all of this, is that today's fan is impatient. An angle goes down and they aren't patient enough to see it through. Fans poke holes in pushes and angles before they ever teach their full potential, because they're so used to everything being instant. Wrestling fans need to realize that building a star takes time -- Ambrose won't be able to reach stardom overnight.

All Ambrose needs is time, people. Give him a mic and let him go. If he slowly works on building a relationship with the crowd, he'll be a success. I've seen some of his work and I've been impressed, but to succeed on the main roster he's going to have to establish himself. He's certainly got the chops on the mic, he'll just need to pace himself. Part of being a success is finding a balance with your vision for your character and the crowd's expectations of that character, over time you manage to iron that out -- that's also the reason someone like Tensai didn't work out, as WWE had one idea for him, but the crowd wanted nothing to do with it, so they basically wasted wins over Punk and Cena on a jobber. For Ambrose to succeed, he'll just need a slow and steady push -- nothing more, nothing less. Stick to the basics.

I'm bewildered by how many people just want to shoot Dean Ambrose straight to the top of the card. It makes no sense at all.

I know that it is a bit odd, but I was thinking that The WWE are going to do something big with him. They were planning the Foley Feud so he should become at least a good Midcarder, if not an upper midcarder anyway - if the reports are true. The feud with bryan would create him as an Upper Midcarder, because Bryan needs to step away from the title for a while, if they're not planning for him to win it...

images

Dean Ambrose didn't debut on the main roster, yet. He didn't show up to any of the NXT Full Sail tapings and that probably makes you wonder about what WWE officials expect from him. Probably none of you watches FCW, however most of you did hear something about this guy, whether it was compliments from Jim Ross or his heated Twitter rivalry with WWE Legend Mick Foley. That shows you what we can expect from this wrestler... controversy.

One can talk about his awesome work in the microphone, some WWE Legends said that he had two borrowed ribs, one from Roddy Piper and other one from Jake The Snake Roberts but, we can't forget about his veteran-like wrestling ability and his excellent in-ring psychology.

Last Sunday FCW showed their last tapings in the current venue, and the main-event was Dean Ambrose vs. William Regal. The match was very good and add in a very touching and dramatic feel to it and you'll have a blast watching it and marking out for both of the guys. But I'm here to talk about his highly anticipated debut. I for one think that he has all the qualities to do something relevant at RAW, but one could think that SmackDown is the best way for him to grow and show what he can actually do in the ring. Either way, I'll be fine with it as long as they build him up in a slow and gradual way like they used to do in the past with their talent. Right now I'm just tired to see everybody having main-event pushes as they debut like Tensai and Brodus Clay, so Dean Ambrose should debut like Chris Jericho did in 1999, which means he should interrupt someone relevant, but not someone like Randy Orton, I would very much like to see him debut with Christian and actually challenge for the Intercontinental Championship. His promo work and his gimmick should help him bring out the best of Christian, and Christian will obviously put Ambrose over and connect with Ambrose in the best way possible.

Right now he his waiting for his time, and while we wait with him I have a bunch of questions to you:

• What do you think about Dean Ambrose?
  • What are your thought on his independent and FCW career?
  • When & Where should Dean Ambrose debut?
  • What would you do with him and what you want to see him do in the future?

Every week someone makes one of these.

I will continue to give my same answer every time.

Feed Dean Ambrose to Ryback.

Dean has done absolutely nothing to impress me. His work with Foley was so terrible and I'm not the only one who thinks this because his potential feud/debut with Foley was canceled before it even got on TV.

I expect butthurt fans but you know it's sad but true.

I saw the suggestion of a feud with Ryback and it gave me an idea. As you may or may not recall in WCW over the course of a couple months Chris Jericho continually called out goldberg but the storyline never got resolved despite the fans investment and I think something about goldberg not showing for a PPV. Anyhow next week on Raw picture this.....

before a commercial break we see the Ryback in action next graphic
back from a commercial Ambrose stands in the ring mic in hand just another jobber to most of the audience. Roberts hands a microphone to Dean who stands not talking. Various people ringside attempt to get him to talk but he doesn't, he just keeps looking into the camera very focused. Rybacks music finnaly plays and Roberts has to take the mic out of Ambroses hand who seems to be in a trance. He doesn't get the mic out of deans hand until Ryback is on the apron roberts begins to introduce Ryb- until dean grabs the mic and blasts Ryback in the forehead and continues hitting him with the mic. Ambrose stands up brushes himself off looks into the camera and says without changing expression "cheap heat" before leaving the ring through the crowd. Roberts checks on Ryback who shoves him halfway across the ring as blood streams down his face. Officals try to calm down Ryback who just destroys them all.

Ambrose continues coming through the crowd every week and taunting Ryback who destroys his opponets with increasing feroicity every week. Ryback always comes close but never manages to get a hold of Ambrose. WWe officals refuse to give Ambrose a contract and Ryback becomes increasingly destructive. WWE finds themselves unable to get competition for the increasingly unhinged cyborg and finnaly agree to give Ambrose a contract just to have someone to appease Ryback. Ambrose manages to score a count out victory over Ryback and continually gets DQ and other sorts of fluke victories of the monster. Ambrose can claim to be undefeated against Ryback and pin his partners in tag matches and such things while never actually pinning or defeating Ryback. Their feud continues all year until finnaly ending when they are the first two elimination chamber entrants. Ambrose finnaly is unable to outmaneuver Ryback and gets powerbomed through a holding chamber and repeatedly powerbombed and shellshocked before Ryback gets the pin. Ryback is either eliminated while looking strong or moves on to Wrestlemania based on crowd response throughout the angle. After all this Ryback has gotten over as a sympathetic babyface and Ambrose as a delusional, dark, heel. Get two people over for the price of one. From there on Ryback can go back to kicking asses and Ambrose can show off his in ring abilitly moreso with the likes of Tyson Kidd, Daniel Bryan, and CM punk. What I would give to be a WWE booker.........

Dean Ambrose, in my opinion, is the WWE's best talent that is not in the main roster at the moment. He has the in-ring ability, has the promo-skills, and has the look to be an overall successful wrestler in WWE. Other superstars that are new to the main roster, such as Brodus Clay, Ryback, and Sandow are being pushed by squashing jobbers and many think that the squashes are getting old, so why not change it up for Ambrose?

My idea involves the use of Ryback. Ryback is now on his way to competing with the main roster and maybe starting a feud with Jack Swagger, but considering what Swagger has been doing lately, it may be a throw-away feud that would just feature Ryback going over Swagger everytime in a bunch of squash matches, much like the Sandow-Ryder feud. After that feud, I would have Ryback go back to squashing local jobbers, just for about two weeks on Smackdown. On the third week, Dean Ambrose would be in the ring, appearing to be a jobber. Ambrose cuts a heel promo just like all the other jobbers previously have, except this one is epic. I would give time to Ambrose to fully deliver another one of his slow, heel promos to get heat from the crowd, and finally Ryback comes out like always. The match starts, and Ambrose would then just take Ryback to the limit, gaining near fall after near fall, and finally have Ryback go over after a long 10-15 minute match. After this, Ambrose would then get a full-time job offer from the reigning GM, and for the next few weeks, have Ryback and Ambrose feud with Ambrose trying to break the undefeated streak, failing everytime but coming so close, and from there he would at least be established as a guy who can go toe-to-toe with Ryback.

So my questions to you guys are:
Would this be a good idea to debut Dean Ambrose?

How would you have Dean Ambrose debut?>

Lol. God no.

Furthermore, how many more Dean Ambrose threads are we going to have on this site? It seems like there's a new one every week.

He should just start showing up on television as a fan that jumps the railing, hits his finisher on random superstars every week or a certain guy (maybe Christian, Santino, or Zack Ryder), and then have it be revealed that he's really doing it for no reason other than to hurt people. He has no goals by doing it, doesn't care if he gets caught, and doesn't even want to wrestle them. He just loves the rush of breaking rules, and hurting people. Eventually, get him to sign a contract, and have him lose or get DQ'd in the first match, but go completely berserk after the match thus prolonging the feud to another match where he gets over.

Or do the Mick Foley angle they were doing before, but have it be done with William Regal or Jerry Lawler instead.

I like the idea itself, just not with Ryback. He's the wrong guy. Christian could be a good guy to do it with because he's much more established and can carry a great match with Ambrose. Also it could result in a nice feud over the IC Title. The promos between the two would be great.

Though I really wish they went the Mick Foley route with him. What a way to start your WWE career by demolishing a future hall of famer (current?) on the mike by bashing his way of wrestling and then eventually facing Foley at his own game and having a brutal hardcore match with the main who is known for it.

I'm not on board with feeding Ambrose to Ryback in any form. Don't get me wrong it's not a horrible idea for someone, just not Ambrose. I think his debut should be way bigger than I'm actually expecting it to be. However, I'm aware that your scenario is probably far more logical than mine. Someone said on here recently that Ambrose needs to debut in a big way. I'm totally on board with this. Green light him into a fued with Punk and Cena. No real rhyme or reason to it. I don't need to know why yet. Tonight would be perfect....Have him screw Cena out of his title shot. That's not me hating on Cena either. Punk obviously as champ is caught in the middle. If you want to see if he can draw let him have it out of the gate. Not the belt, but the high profile feud. I don't want to see another streak going or see him fed to Rybak or Sandow. It would be an interesting change on WWE's part. There hasn't been a debut like that since the Nexus.

I want him to debut and make a impact right away like taking the US. Title off Santino. I really don't like Santino as champion and I want him to loose it soon. I was hoping he would of debuted last night and crashed the Bryan/AJ wedding. I think he might debut next week on RAW in his hometown of Cincinnati.

This is my idea for a Dean Ambrose debut: Tonight on Raw "30/07/12" AJ and D Bryan are talking backstage and AJ tells him that she will be facing a mystery opponent tonight, one from Cincinatti. DB looks puzzled and leaves the room. DB comes out later and Dean comes out and cuts an awesome first promo and beats D Bryan. RHey, it may not be perfect, but we can hope right? Come on Dean and debut already!!! I really want him to establish himself right away!

By jobbing to drew mcintyre on superstars, no offence he looks out of shape, he's balding and his ring attire is very poor "this is my opninion" anyone who thinks this guy can get beyond being a midcard jobber are only fooling themselves

My theory was debunked. Therefore I have, well, had a new one, but, since RAW has already left Cincinnati it won't happen. Won't you listen to my pleas?

The fire on RAW got me thinking: RAW is in Cincinnati, there is something out of the ordinary happening to the set. Dean Ambrose is quite the out of the ordinary guy. Undertaker uses fire during his entrance. You see where I'm going with this? Undertaker makes a surprise appearance in Cincinnati, Ohio for the first permanent three hour RAW. During whatever promo of his is going on, Dean Ambrose interrupts the Deadman, first saying that the fire at the start of the show was his doing. Undertaker asks why he should care, and Dean says it was to make a statement, perhaps bringing up the incident at Elimination Chamber in 2010 involving 'Taker, or the Wrestlemania 24 incident, also involving 'Taker, or he could even go as far as bringing up Undertaker's brother Kane, who was involved in a fire in his younger years. Undertaker is enraged as Dean brings up all the times 'Taker has come across fire, so he offers a match to him, an Inferno match.

The segment ends, and we go the next few months not thinking about it. Then, it's Survivor Series time again, and Dean is now an upper-mid-card to main-event wrestler. He is feuding with Kane, and their rivalry is at it's peak. Just as Dean is about to pick up the win... GONG! The lights go out. They come back on, and Kane is gone, but, behind Dean is The Deadman. Undertaker batters him all over the ring. Then, Kane shows up again. He hands 'Taker a match and gasoline. The match is lit, and the gasoline is poured in a circle around Ambrose. Undertaker drops the match, lighting up the gas. Dean stands up, surrounded by flames and laughs maniacally as Undertaker says, "I accept." Wrestlemania 29 outsells 28 just because of the sheer awesomeness that Dean and 'Taker could pull off.

Of course, Creative couldn't pull this one off if they tried.

By jobbing to drew mcintyre on superstars, no offence he looks out of shape, he's balding and his ring attire is very poor "this is my opninion" anyone who thinks this guy can get beyond being a midcard jobber are only fooling themselves

lol.

Guy, c'mon now. I assume you're being sarcastic, but if your case is less fortunate than that, then I guess you just don't value one of the main elements of sports entertainment; promo ability.

As for the ring gear, WWE will provide with what they see fit for his character. His most recent gear is no different then what half the guys on the main roster are wearing.

Ambrose may not retire as the face of wrestling and redefine the sport, but he'll make some noise and provide definite entertainment for at least a few years.

I really don't care how he makes his debut, but this guy needs to get on television as soon as possible. He has every tool that makes a wrestler a success mainly referring to his mic skills, charisma and actual in ring ability. Not very often do men have the "total package" as many of WWE's best workers are lacking very much in the charisma department and make you rather wish they don't pick up the microphone.

With Ambrose though he can talk, and good, very good. And in my humbled opinion if you can talk and keep an audience entertained by your promos that does more for a wrestler's career than anything else just look at The Miz, he may not be a great wrestler but man the guy just has a natural presence. It's something guys just possess or they don't and Ambrose certainly possess that and hell he's a great worker when it comes to putting on matches.

Again I don't care how they bring him up to television (Just hoping he doesn't get tossed onto NXT he's way too good for that) but really either brand will do any old feud will do, establish crazy face or heel against insert babyface and/or heel here and were off to the races. He's sorely needed on the main roster and the sooner they call this man up the better it will be for the thin roster WWE is severely suffering from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back