Ambrose vs Rollins - giving Dean his OWN match?

PeterSellersSTL

Getting Noticed By Management
Does dean Ambrose need a signature match of his own? I'm not looking for anything that'll turn into TLC or HIAC or its own PPV. But sort of like how the casket match is Undertaker's match, how much would Dean Ambrose benefit from having a signature Dean Ambrose match? And if you were giving him one, what would it be?

I think Ambrose needs to debut or bring back a match that, as best they can in the PG era, highlight how much of a lunatic Ambrose is. I can see Ambrose Rollins in a HIAC in december but for Summer Slam - I'd like to see something uniquely Ambrose.

A dog collar match is something that hasn't been done in awhile, it's a great tool to tell a story and feels like the right gimmick match at the moment. this is their first match but it's still a very heated personal rivalry. And of course I hope the MITB is on the line.

Oh and as always,:2up: to my favorite mod.

MOD NOTE: No spoilers! Posting information from Smackdown's episode before it airs will result in a warning/infraction and your post will be deleted. Speculation without spoilers is fine until the episode airs.

These are interesting ideas, yet I get the feeling management hasn't nearly decided yet what they want to do with Dean Ambrose. He's an embryo in terms of individual character development.....in other words, we know well who he is from a group standpoint, but that role changed as the Shield developed.....and is now wide open in terms of where Ambrose goes from there.

Frankly, Dean's future won't really start to be determined until he's done with the Seth Rollins program. Even Dean's "face or heel" status has been set by the Rollins program: Seth had to be the heel since he split from a group in which Roman Reigns was obviously going to emerge as a face ......and someone was needed to square off against Rollins.....and that someone had to be a face. Enter Dean Ambrose.

Honestly, of the three Shield guys, the one I would've picked least likely to emerge as a good guy would be Dean, and I'm far from convinced he's going to remain one.

So, let's watch the Ambrose-Rollins continuing program play out. Afterwards, Creative might find a signature match for Ambrose; one that will establish what we'll be seeing from him in the next few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back