How I's like Christian/Regal to play out:

mont3818

Pre-Show Stalwart
First off, I'm very glad Regal is the #1 contender. This opens up the possibility for a great feud and potentially classic matches. I believe Regal is good at nearly everything he does, mat skills, mic skills. He's a very solid veteran to have around. He and Shelton Benjamin make ECW watchable for me.

So my idea is instead of having the typical title match at SS how about they build it up longer. Have Regal/Burchill vs Christian/Hurricane instead. This'll establish Regal/Burchill as a future potential top tag team.

Burchill and Hurricane will eventually have a main event match on ECW and Regal/Christian will fight for the title at Breaking Point in a submission match. Think about it, that could be a classic. A good build up and one fight only between them. I hate it when the same guy challenges for the title for like three straight PPVs. Them having only one fight would make that fight much more important.

After Regal loses (even though I can't understand HOW Regal could lose a submission match to Christian) he'll announce on ECW the following week that he's leaving ECW and taking Burchill with him. Then awhile after they start establishing themselves in the tag team ranks on SD. Benjamin will be the next in line to feud w/ Christian.

Eh? Just a thought. I mean, is there a better way for it to go at this point?

I assume that we will see Christian defend the ECW Championship against William Regal at Summerslam. We all know that Christian will most likely retain the title. If WWE doesn't want Regal to lose cleanly, all they have to do is have Tommy Dreamer interfere. I'm not saying that would be smart, but if you don't want to see Regal lose cleanly, then that's one way to go. At Breaking Point, if we see a rematch between Christian and William Regal in a Submission match, then Regal would most likely win. We have the Regal Stretch vs. what I believe would be the Texas Cloverleaf, but I don't know if Regal would, or even should lose.

It's good for Regal sure, But he's not been given much of a build has he? He's won a few matches. But with no fued, Or explanation why he's the number one contender. I'm completely disinterested in tbhis fued.

My thoughts are they are going to build Regal like they built Finlay. They will fight over the belt to establish Regal as a threat, Then they will break away into different feuds to help the rest of the roster develop.

It's a damn shame Christian is the best mic worker outside the main event, Because if he wasn't, He would be given a mega push on Smackdown right now.

Regal is #1 contender because he is a very capable and worthy opponent. And they know this. He's good enough they don't need a pointless #1 contendership match.

Regal also has good mic skills might I remind you.

If Regal won the ECW Championship, I would die a little inside. He is easily one of the most boring people in wrestling, along with Benjamin. Your idea isn't horrible, but the fact that Regal and Benjamin are your favorites pretty much discredits the whole thing. Also why would they need to go to Smackdown? You are aware that The Tag Team Championship can be defended on any brand right? Besides, the brand switching horseshit needs to stop.

I don't know much about Regal. I never payed any attention to him and don't know if he can wrestle or not. But I do know that he's been around for a long time. That means he's decent on the Mic. He was pretty creative in his role as Raws GM, and since he's been around for so long the WWE made a good choice picking him to groom new talent. He's got all the time in the world on ECW. And I hope he does a good job. I'm anxiously waiting for C/R's match and after watching that match I'll decide for myself if this guy is any good or not.

Christian is way better than Regal. Regal is a good veteran but thats about it, i see nothing special. I would be much more interested in watching christian fight zack ryder/shelton benjamin/kozlov/ezekiel jackson/sheamus (I left all the faces I would like to see out because christian is currently a face). Its not terrible that Christian and Regal are fighting but I dont think its a summerslam worthy match

I like your idea it just needs a little more details and build up because if Regal feuds with christian into Breaking Point, then yes Regal should win because he is one of the most technical wrestlers WWE has and knows his way around submission holds while Christian uses almost none. I think it would be better though if the feud only made it to Summerslam in one on one. Then he can have a Hiac match with Tommy Dreamer and Christian.

It's a nothing feud. Regal is just being used because he and Christian will be able to have a good match together. The fans won't be that intrested, it is William Regal after all.

It's been made because nobody else appears to be ready yet. Christian himself, is only treading water until one of the new greenhorns is ready to take the belt.

I dont like how Regal came out of nowhere to become the #1 contender, but he deserves the shot due to his resume`. Last night was a fantastic twist and could immensley help ECW. I did not expect Big Zeke to turn on Christian, but the whole Zeke/Kozlov thing finally makes sense. This twist means that before too long Zeke will get a title shot now that he is a heel. If they would have had him fued with Kozlov it would have never made it to a PPV without a title. I am assuming that this faction wont last too long due to them all wanting Christians title in the long run. I also wanted to comment on the shitty ending to Ryder/Tatsu match. Who wrote the ending to that match, Vince Russo? That finish was worse than the Mickie James vs Gail Kim ending. lol, it wasnt that fuckin bad, but Wheres the Zack Attack? First of all Yoshi cannot carry a match, he sucks, hes like Tajiri without the awesome kicks. Whats Yoshi's finisher a kick to the head? The same kick CM Punk uses in every match at the end of his backfist combo. WTF? Yoshi belongs in FcW, I would rather watch Umaga wrestle. I was excited to see Hurricane beat Burchill, although I dont think they do enough with Burchill, he is far better than they let him be. Hurricane is a nice character for ECW and its nice to see Greg Helms healthy again. They need to have Burchill pull out a victory to enhance this fued, because these two work well together. As far as the Abe Show, thumbs down again, this guy sucks and this did not help the fued between these two. If Goldust would get serious and stop the electricuted gimmick thats 6 and a half yrs old, then he could and should be somebody in ECW. He needs to go back to being weird and bizarre, playing mind games, coming out of left field and winning the match before it evens starts. IMO Dustin is a much better wrestler than Cody.

Regal is solid in the ring and has always been nice on the mic and ECW is the perfect place for him to shine. Christian vs Regal is a nice feud that will hopefully continue to grow. This is really good for ECW and the young guys could watch and learn a thing or 2 from these established vets.

Vince is high on Regal. Hell I'm high on Regal. I'm also high on anyone who can possibly take the title off of Christian, because I find him to be the biggest waste of time in the WWE, right next to Batista and little worthless Rey Rey.

I'm pretty sure if Regal wouldnt of got popped for Roids last year when he was GM after winning King Of the Ring, he would of held the WWE title very briefly. He could of beat CM Punk for the title, and went on to feud with one of the many faces on the show at the time. Love him or Hate him, Regal will hold the ECW Title very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back