• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How I Met Your Mother

This needs a bump.

Monday's episode was pretty funny. I thought the angle with Lilly's dad was funny and the strip club shit was funny too.

They're really getting to the point where if Barney is going to marry someone other than Robin or Nora, they really need to introduce that character like... NOW. I think there's probably about 8-10 episodes left this season (assuming they're doing a 22-24 episode season).

If it's Robin or Nora, they are doing a good job of not giving away which one it is. I mean, at first it looked like it was for sure Nora then Robin but now Robin and Kevin seem to be great.

I still think ultimately it's going to be Robin but we'll see.

Don't know if someone has already mentioned it cause I couldnt be bothered reading the whole thread but . .

I don't think Robin will marry Barney purely cause it is getting too late in to the season and the fact that in Season 6 episode 5 "Hopeless" there is a meeting between Robin and her Crush who she met at a clothing store previously and at the end of the episode her crush is on the phone and says "She's engaged, I guess thats the end of that"
Future Ted chimes in and says it wasn't but we'll get to that later.

So I think to squeeze Robin breaking up with Kevin, including the story with Robins crush (Which to me seemed like it could of been big), and Barney choosing Robin over Nora, (I'm assuming that Nora still has some part to play in this show) It will all be too rushed. So I believe Barney will choose either Nora or someone we haven't met yet.

But what's really annoying me is how they have seemed to drop the ball on Ted's dating life, this is the main part of show and it feels as if its been put on the side

But what's really annoying me is how they have seemed to drop the ball on Ted's dating life, this is the main part of show and it feels as if its been put on the side

That's my biggest problem with this season. It's been very funny so far, but the guy who the whole show revolves around has basically been a side-character for longer than I can think. Since his relationship with Zoey ended, he's done nothing of note. While it's nice to give the spotlight to some other characters every episode or two, the main guy should be the focus most of the time. Ted just doesn't feel important right now.

Honestly, this has been probably the most dissapointing season. I've found about five episodes tolerable but all this Barney/Robin garbage is making me angry. As somebody stated above it's obvious neither Barney/Robin or Robin/Kevin are going to work out because of the episode last season Hopeless in which Robin met her crush and at the end of the episode Ted says more on that later. I can see why they would focus more on Barney than Ted seeing as he does get married this season but putting the entire cast before your main character is not how you should run your show.

After many emotional episodes, it was nice to see a comedy episode. The episode was quite well written. The new intro sequences (How I met your Barney/How I met your mother(Russian)) were very well made and funny.

The Lily and her father storyline led to a nice moment. The interactions between the rest of the gang and their reactions(especially Barney's) to Marshall and Lily moving away were quite believable and funny. The only thing that I didn't like about this episode was Kevin and Robin's over-acting.

That's my biggest problem with this season. It's been very funny so far, but the guy who the whole show revolves around has basically been a side-character for longer than I can think. Since his relationship with Zoey ended, he's done nothing of note. While it's nice to give the spotlight to some other characters every episode or two, the main guy should be the focus most of the time. Ted just doesn't feel important right now.

I agree and part of the problem is that they took the risk of telling us last season that Ted meets "the mother" on the day of Barney's wedding. So, we know that any girl Ted dates now, is not the mother. While it would be nice to see bigger storylines with Ted, the main character, since we know he doesn't meet the mother until the finale this year (Barney's wedding) it's almost like, what's the point?

I am still predicting that "the mother" is Barney's half-sister.

It is one of my favorite sitcoms nowadays.
I just started to watch it back in December when I illegally downloaded over Megaupload all the seven seasons :rolleyes:
I have to assume that when they killed Robin as a possible mother, I felt sad, but what the hell if she is the one marrying Barney I am proud of them.

Barney is by far my favorite character, but I noticed that "sentimental" Barney kinda sucks sometimes. Oh I miss the legendary days...
And another thing, I just hope the "Mother" is a really HOT and Famous Actress.

I just found this show on Netflix recently. From the very first episode of season one to the very last of season six it took me four days to watch. I couldn't stop watching it. The characters are all wonderful and very funny, and I love how they really develop their characters as much as they do for a comedy. This show has made me laugh, made me cry (a man tear dammit) and it's also made me not so scared to grow up in this crazy world. It also makes me appreciate every step I take in life much more.

Supposedly we'll meet a potential new love interest for Barney in the coming weeks. They're really trying to make it interesting as far as who he'll marry.

I still think it will be Robin but I'm curious to see what, if anything, happens with this new girl and if Nora re-emerges at some point. I think there are about 7 or 8 episodes left in the season and Barney's bride will be revealed in the season finale, according to the writers.

So I'm not going to read through all the posts because here in Australia season 7 is only just coming out. Instead I am going to explain how I feel about the first 3 episodes of season 7 as I watched them today.

Season 7 is fastly becoming one of my favourite seasons. It was obvious that the humour was falling off a bit and becoming more of a drama tv show than anything, were as the first 3 seasons mainly focussed on humour. Season 7 is definately adding the two together here I feel. Barney and Nora are hitting it off and Victoria just spiced up things between Ted, Barney and Robin while keeping the attention on Marshall and Lily's baby. It's perfect what the writers are doing and I am loving it. I feel it is a lot more funnier as well. I guess I'll have to see in the up and coming episodes.

I felt this past week's episode was kind of a letdown. Now I'm not saying it was a terrible episode, but I would have thought they would have put out a pretty meaningful episode considering they were on a nearly one month break. Sort of like the episode when they returned for the New Year with finding out Robin would be unable to have children. That was a meaningful episode. This one was just your run of the mill holdover episodes. Hopefully things pick up as the season has been sort of hit or miss in my eyes. It has definitely had its ups but there have been a few average episodes as well. Hopefully the final stretch produces some memorable episodes.

I felt this past week's episode was kind of a letdown. Now I'm not saying it was a terrible episode, but I would have thought they would have put out a pretty meaningful episode considering they were on a nearly one month break. Sort of like the episode when they returned for the New Year with finding out Robin would be unable to have children. That was a meaningful episode. This one was just your run of the mill holdover episodes. Hopefully things pick up as the season has been sort of hit or miss in my eyes. It has definitely had its ups but there have been a few average episodes as well. Hopefully the final stretch produces some memorable episodes.

I agree. I thought the concept was actually pretty cool but the episode was just so-so. Nothing really happened. It was a good episode for the HIMYM fans that strictly like the comedy aspect of the show. It didn't advance the story in any way.

I think the final stretch will feature some great episodes though because they really have to ramp up Barney's storyline. I think they'll give us a cliffhanger leading into the finale, when they make the big reveal of Barney's bride.

This season has been inconsistent but I cannot wait for that finale. It will be a gamechanger in terms of where they go with season 8.

Just found this article: http://www.mercurynews.com/entertainment/ci_19912866

I've been saying since the first episodes of this season that Lily will intervene right at the point she comes in to change Barney's tie and the wedding won't happen. Now as for what happens after that I'm not so confident but I've got a feeling that the last thing you'll see this season is Ted and Nora. It makes sense to me as I don't feel they'll just introduce an unknown as the mother and risk pissing everyone off, whoever is it will be someone already known.

I've been saying since the first episodes of this season that Lily will intervene right at the point she comes in to change Barney's tie and the wedding won't happen. Now as for what happens after that I'm not so confident but I've got a feeling that the last thing you'll see this season is Ted and Nora. It makes sense to me as I don't feel they'll just introduce an unknown as the mother and risk pissing everyone off, whoever is it will be someone already known.

A couple things:

1) This is not a spoiler, as at this point it's common knowledge, but the producers said that they will reveal Barney's bride in the season finale this year.

2) The mother can't be a known character as Future Ted already told his kids, the day he met their mother, was the day of the (Barney's) wedding. Producers later confirmed that Ted does meet the mother for the first time at Barney's wedding. However, what hasn't been revealed is if we'll actually see or even meet the mother at the wedding or at some later point in the series.

Not a fan of the latest episode and the comedy seem forced. The gimmick of this episode worked better in previous episodes. Filler episode which is kind of disappointing after a lack of new episodes for weeks. I don't understand why they keep having these fillers with inconsistent schedule. Any American viewers can tell me the reason behind the inconsistent schedule? Is it to avoid clashes with other higher rated specials/sports?

What a roller coaster Monday's episode was!
I was shocked at first with Robin and Kevin then I was shocked again at the end with Robin and Ted. Before you conspiracy theorists come up with some crazy scenarios, there is no way Robin can be "the mother." For one, Future Ted refers to her as "your aunt Robin." Furthermore, we know when Ted met her. He showed us in the very first episode of the series. We know he meets the mother at Barney's wedding.

The interesting thing now is with Barney and this new Quinn girl. Could she end up being Barney's bride? Add in the little twist that she's a stripper and the club where Barney goes and he didn't recogonize her and you've got a good candidate for Barney's wife. I mean come on, it's Barney Stinson! A stripper would be perfect for him! I think they want us to think that but now that Robin is free from Kevin, it's going to be Robin, IMO.

The drunk train stuff was kinda funny.... YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME????!!!!

Last night's episode was exactly what I was looking for. The HIMYM crew brought it last night and threw out a meaningful episode. We now have another potential suitor for Barney in Quinn as he is raving on about her and it seems like she was him in the little ending. I liked the matchup, but I don't think we'll see much of her down the stretch. Robin and Kevin called it quits which sort of bummed me out. I really liked Kumar err Kevin on the show. He actually made me care about Robin as she isn't really my cup of tea. Then we have the bombshell with Ted and Robin at the end. We know she obviously isn't the mother, but questions arise about Ted and Robin getting back together or was Ted still a little drunk from his tour of the drunk train? This also goes back to what Victoria said about how Ted's relationships never work because of his relationship with Robin. This could start playing a role now with this news.

Honestly this season really needed an episode like this as none of the season's episodes really drew me in and made me highly anticipate next week (minus the Robin/Barney hook up episode). Most of the season has really been filler in my eyes and like I said in my last post I expect them to give us some major episodes in the stretch run.

I am still searching for my jaw after seeing the episode. :eek2:

Barney hitting on women was refreshing to see, compared to the serious guy that we have been seeing all season. EPS :lmao:. Him hooking up with a stripper from his favorite club makes sense and fits him. The whole Robin-Kevin thing was great. I highly doubt that Ted and Robin would date (atleast not for long).

Overall, you could feel that they are building for the BIG season finale.

Really enjoyed this episode. The Ted/Robin stuff at the end made my eyes roll but I have to give these writers the benefit of the doubt. Every story they tell is done well no matter how badly it appears that they are about to jump the shark.

The drunk train concept was creative and I really like the "keeping score concept" in relationships. The reveal at the end with Quinn was one of my favorite moments of the show and I can't believe I didn't pick up on the fact that she must have known Barney from somewhere before.

Had more time to think about the upcoming Barney wedding. I think Quinn is our bride. There was that awkward scene where Barney asks Ted if he is marrying the right girl or something like that. Quinn has already shown herself to be a gold-digger. I don't think the audience would be happy if Barney ended up with a gold-digger, stripper sure, but gold-digger, no way. The wedding has to somehow not go through or the marriage has to end prior to the show.

Ted may meet the mother at the wedding but it does not mean that the mother is a guest. Possibly a cop come to arrest Quinn for marrying a long line of rich men and then murdering them with an axe. Kind of like that movie, "So I Married an Something Something". I'm sure I'll remember the title later.

I have got a feeling the season finale is going to be one of them skip ahead in time episodes, and throughout the episode ambiguous hints will be dropped about who the bride will be. Then the very last minute of the episode the bride walks out and its someone nobody expected. Then season 8 will begin about 1 year before the wedding and we'll be back to focusing on Ted and the build up to meeting the mother at the wedding.

As for the whole Ted and Robin thing that just happened, I reckon its gonna put a strain on their friendship, Robin will move out and live with Marshall and Lily. She won't be able to cope there and will move to one of those countries she eventually lives in which were mentioned in the first season.

On a side note however. Does anyone remember that episode I think it was toward the end of last season when Ted walked into a bar wearing a sun dress and laughed at Barney about winning something or along those lines. I can't remember but they haven't incorporated that into the story yet have they?

On a side note however. Does anyone remember that episode I think it was toward the end of last season when Ted walked into a bar wearing a sun dress and laughed at Barney about winning something or along those lines. I can't remember but they haven't incorporated that into the story yet have they?

That was the mermaid theory episode and no they haven't yet. I imagine that will be towards the end of the season as Lily was really pregnant back then and she hasn't hit that quite yet.

Last night's episode was a good one. Back to back meaningful episodes. We now will hopefully see Ted's continued quest for the mother and hopefully some focus on that. We will also see how this will effect his friendship with Robin as you have to think some sort of tension will be there. Also we see that Barney has claimed to move on, whether that is the case or not remains to be seen. Some interesting twists going down and I can't wait to see how it is all handled.

I thought Mondays episode was fantastic and I feel it was a necessary episode in Ted's quest of finding the mother of his children. One of the best things about this show is how they foreshadow future events in previous episodes and this one was foreshadowed in the episode with the cupcake girl earlier in the season. My guess is that we will see Robin and Ted's friendship strained for a while and hopefully continue the Robin and Barney storyline as I'm almost certain Robin is who Barney is marrying at his wedding (why else would the bride want to see the best man? Ted is perhaps the best man for both as Robin did ask Ted to be her "best man" when she gets married but I'm jumping ahead).

I also liked the storyline of the sex tape and all of Lilly and Marshalls bets, I especially loved the "Lilly bets Marshall Barney will die by murder" one. I also felt it tied into the main storyline very well and complimented it instead of overshadowing it (which often happens).

All in all the last few episodes have been great and get me pumped for Monday's episode.

Yes, it was another solid episode. The writers are great and although they've revealed that the wedding is in the season finale and that Ted meets "the mother" at the wedding, they've still left so much open.

Robin marrying Barney SHOULD be what happens and I hope they don't twist just for the sake of twist ala Vince McMahon.

I liked seeing the mother at the beginning of this episode and I even paused my DVR to get a good like and to find any clues I could.

The episode was really good. The last scene in which Ted went out and there was a woman with a 'Yellow umbrella' had me quite excited. That scene was awesome. The whole episode explored the Ted-Robin-Barney situation very well. The part of Marshall and Lily placing bets on the group was quite funny, though the lengths to which they went to win them seemed a bit unrealistic. Barney was at his usual best throughout the episode and him bringing in the cleaners and calling Robin his 'bro' were hilarious.

One thing that I didn't like about the episode was Ted admitting towards the end that he still had feelings for Robin. They should have him move on to find 'The one' and perhaps reveal that he still might have feelings for Robin in a later episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back