• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO READ THE RULES?!?!??!?!

Some might even say that there is an endless supply of morons that just don´t follow the rules of a forum just because they are morons.

Maybe they get akick out of it or they just don´t know any better, but I believe that there is no solution to that problem.

Well, then, like I suggested earlier, maybe restrict people posting in the other sections until they physically type in a designated thread in the Admin section that they have read, understand, and agree with the rules. Then, they can sign their username.

Make the rules the very first post of the thread they are required to post in.

I'm convinced if you find a way to actually FORCE new applicants to read the rules, the easier your jobs will be as Mods and Admins. It's basically like making an investment into your new posters to get them off to the right track.

Well, then, like I suggested earlier, maybe restrict people posting in the other sections until they physically type in a designated thread in the Admin section that they have read, understand, and agree with the rules. Then, they can sign their username.

Make the rules the very first post of the thread they are required to post in.

I'm convinced if you find a way to actually FORCE new applicants to read the rules, the easier your jobs will be as Mods and Admins. It's basically like making an investment into your new posters to get them off to the right track.

I think the problem here is that everything you're suggesting can't be done by an automated system, which creates that much more work for the admins. I don't know how difficult that job is but I know if I was doing it, I wouldn't be anxious to take more work upon myself.

I think the problem here is that everything you're suggesting can't be done by an automated system, which creates that much more work for the admins. I don't know how difficult that job is but I know if I was doing it, I wouldn't be anxious to take more work upon myself.

Oh, come on.

How much work would it really be to go into the designated thread once or twice a day and grant new applicants general access to the forum after they wrote one post agreeing to the rules and signing their names?

That would only have to be done twice a day minimum.

I think it's all a matter of delegation. Just put a Moderator or someone in charge of doing just this, if the Admins are too busy to do it themselves.

Oh, come on.

How much work would it really be to go into the designated thread once or twice a day and grant new applicants general access to the forum after they wrote one post agreeing to the rules and signing their names?

That would only have to be done twice a day minimum.

I think it's all a matter of delegation. Just put a Moderator or someone in charge of doing just this, if the Admins are too busy to do it themselves.
Only the Admins could do that, and yes, it could be a lot of work...work that just shouldn't be necessary.

Well then, if you mods and admins aren't prepared to do anything to fix the situation, stop complaining when you get PM'd about warnings and infractions.

Just send them a link to the rules.

Well then, if you mods and admins aren't prepared to do anything to fix the situation, stop complaining when you get PM'd about warnings and infractions.

The rules are at the top of every forum. If you are too lazy to click on them and read for 5 minutes, tops, then you have no right to complain about a warning, which means nothing for all intents and purposes

Ok, the mods and admins have a right to complain. You really don't get how annoying this is. It is really the most basic concept in the world. How many times can you find here where someone tells you to read the rules? Welcome thread, I think there's something when you register, we mention it in warnings/infraction notices, there's a link at the top of every section. That's at least 4. It's like getting pulled over for speeding next to a speed limit sign and saying you didn't know. Yeah, we have a right to be annoyed.

I spent hours creating the rules and FAQs.

So you can kindly shut the fuck up.

They aren't allowed PMs until they get 10 posts. I've already said that.

The rules are at the top of every forum. If you are too lazy to click on them and read for 5 minutes, tops, then you have no right to complain about a warning, which means nothing for all intents and purposes
Yep.

The problem is the mods and admins here try to hard to please people and explain to them why they are in the wrong.

I was excited earlier. A new guy posted in the welcome thread and was asking where to read the rules. I have no idea how good he'll be, but at least he's willing to read the rules

I hate when people respond to me and automatically assume that I am one of these people.

I don't complain to any mod or admin here about anything. It's not that serious. I've had an infraction before, but I didn't bitch about it. I learned and it will never happen again.

I was just saying. Wouldn't it be better to fix the problem then to complain about it?

I was just saying. Wouldn't it be better to fix the problem then to complain about it?

It's not fixable, I believe is the point they're tryign to make. This kind of thing has been happening since Usenet and the birth of teh intarweb. Your little solutions aren't going to get rid of a problem that's been around for 15 years.

I spent hours creating the rules and FAQs.

So you can kindly shut the fuck up.

What if I don't want to shut the fuck up?

I read your rules, I was talking about the complaining and such. What more can you do about it if they don't read the rules?

I hate when people respond to me and automatically assume that I am one of these people.

I don't complain to any mod or admin here about anything. It's not that serious. I've had an infraction before, but I didn't bitch about it. I learned and it will never happen again.

I never said you did. I'm saying in general, no one has the right to complain if they didn't take the 5 minutes to read the rules. It's common sense. I had a warning too, but I didn't complain. I just learned from it and moved on

It's not fixable, I believe is the point they're tryign to make. This kind of thing has been happening since Usenet and the birth of teh intarweb. Your little solutions aren't going to get rid of a problem that's been around for 15 years.

Agreed. So then what can be done? Nothing. So why are we having this conversation?

Why have this? Maybe so people that stumble across it will read the rules and make our lives a bit easier?

You want us to come up with a solution for stupidity now UT?

Yeah, we'll get right on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back