HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO READ THE RULES?!?!??!?!

Seriously, I must get about 12,000 fucking PMs a day from people I have to warn/infract, all either complaining about being warned/infracted or asking why their post is spam and what they have to do to make it not spam. I mean, seriously, how about READING THE FUCKING RULES? How hard could this novel idea possibly be? You'd think you'd read the fucking rules to the forum you join, or at the veyr least after one warning you'd go and seek them out.

It's gotten to the point where I just don't even respond to those questions anymore. It just astounds me how stupid so many people are.

What I would recommend doing is having a waiting period of a day or two in which the only thing someone can access are the rules. Somehow, there should be a way to FORCE people to read the rules before actually posting. The key is HOW to force them to do it.

Perhaps only give posters access to a thread with the rules posted when they first sign up (similar to the Prison). Do not give them access to any other forum until they write the following in a post:

1) Agree to the rules ("I agree to the Rules and will Abide by them")
2) Sign their screen name.

Once they do this, then they can be granted permission to post in all the sections.

However, I do think examples should be provided for what does and what does not constitute Spam in those Rules and Regulations so it clearly sinks into their brains that they will be infracted for posts of that nature.

Just my suggestion to help.

There's a link to the rules at the top of every page. It is made apparent that people need to view them. They just have more important things to do, like say original things about the number of moves Cena knows.

No way. Anyone can do that. What should really happen is Sly should design an exam about the rules that starts off with some simple multiple choice questions twhich people who have done the homework should get straight up, then throws down a couple short answer application questions, and caps the screening process off with a philosphical essay about why the rules are important and/or why the report button is necessary to ensure our safety.

It does all look like it must be a bit wearing. Even as a fairly reticent poster I see enough repitition and people constantly making the same mistakes to make me wonder. I imagine its even worse when the culprits are those that really should know better. The life of a mod is proabably not nearly as fun as many would imagine.

Of course I am probably completely in the wrong here. Being a mod probably does have a lot of benifits too :)

It does all look like it must be a bit wearing. Even as a fairly reticent poster I see enough repitition and people constantly making the same mistakes to make me wonder. I imagine its even worse when the culprits are those that really should know better. The life of a mod is proabably not nearly as fun as many would imagine.

Of course I am probably completely in the wrong here. Being a mod probably does have a lot of benifits too :)

The dental plan is nice.

No way. Anyone can do that. What should really happen is Sly should design an exam about the rules that starts off with some simple multiple choice questions twhich people who have done the homework should get straight up, then throws down a couple short answer application questions, and caps the screening process off with a philosphical essay about why the rules are important and/or why the report button is necessary to ensure our safety.
I'll get right on that.

Perhaps there should be a quiz on the rules that they have to take before being able to post.

Just sayin.
If there's a quiz, than I have to grade it. I have enough things to grade already.

What I would recommend doing is having a waiting period of a day or two in which the only thing someone can access are the rules. Somehow, there should be a way to FORCE people to read the rules before actually posting. The key is HOW to force them to do it.

Perhaps only give posters access to a thread with the rules posted when they first sign up (similar to the Prison). Do not give them access to any other forum until they write the following in a post:

2) Sign their screen name.

Once they do this, then they can be granted permission to post in all the sections.

However, I do think examples should be provided for what does and what does not constitute Spam in those Rules and Regulations so it clearly sinks into their brains that they will be infracted for posts of that nature.

Just my suggestion to help.

I suggested that a good while back, it was shot down

There's a link to the rules at the top of every page. It is made apparent that people need to view them. They just have more important things to do, like say original things about the number of moves Cena knows.

Yeah, but it is human nature to still ignore that and continue posting.

I feel that there needs to be a way to FORCE people to read over the rules before they actually post.

I'm not sure if Coco is serious about some sort of "test". I sense sarcasm in the later part of it. But I don't see anything wrong with a 20 question Multiple Choice quiz, as long some humor is added to it along the way to make it fun. If we make people go through leaps and bounds just to join the site, then that is going to likely turn a lot of people away.

But, I can see maybe a Multiple Choice Quiz and then at the end, have the applicants respond to a designated written post to see how good their own posting skills are.

I've never read the rules either, I've got a grand total of 3 infractions, just thought I'd throw that out there

I'm not sure if Coco is serious about some sort of "test". I sense sarcasm in the later part of it. But I don't see anything wrong with a 20 question Multiple Choice quiz, as long some humor is added to it along the way to make it fun. If we make people go through leaps and bounds just to join the site, then that is going to likely turn a lot of people away.

But, I can see maybe a Multiple Choice Quiz and then at the end, have the applicants respond to a designated written post to see how good their own posting skills are.
No, just no.

I have no desire to do even MORE work on this forum by reviewing tests and then changing user groups from the 6000 plus members that will sign up in the next 6 months.

The idea is good in theory, but if xfearbefore thinks it is bad now, then this would only make it much worse.

When I first started I got banned and wondered why, but like you said, I went back and skimmed the rules.. Now I too get fucking annoyed when I read some of these people's posts.

Us minions could PM posters to let them know they are spamming?

EDIT: If a poster sees we have a full rep bar, quite the number count of posts and speak in a formal manner... they seem to take us seriously. I've done it before, but not for spamming.

I'm sorry are people really proposing a fucking TEST to post on this forum?

Wow. That's just asinine.

A test huh ? Well that´s one way, but I´m afraid too many people could be turned off by that.

There's always a high chance people will cheat on a test. Sure, it could eliminate some spamming issues... but most will get turned off by the site or cheat to pass and then spam again.

Is there a way to automatically send a PM to a new poster stating of the major rules? Like when you first join Hotmail, you receive a "thankyou for choosing Hotmail" letter as soon as you log on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back