• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do you think Undertaker's career will end?

There's just two problems about that, or well one of them is a potential problem.
The first one (the potential problem) is that you'd figure WWE would have the MITB winner cash it in before the next MITB match occurs, which would be the PPV in summer, so Kane wouldn't be able to hold onto the briefcase until next Wrestlemania where I'm guessing from so much I understood of your post, that it's where you wanted Kane to cash it in right?

the 2nd problem would be that if Kane was to be able to hold onto the briefcase until next Wrestlemania, then it would be expiring on that night, because the MITB briefcase contract only allows the wrestler to cash it in before the next Wrestlemania, so it would become useless if Kane was to cash it in at the next Wrestlemania.

Besides, the last thing you mentioned, Undertaker taking his final bow, and the hugging and such, would be what I'd consider a break of kayfabe, because the only "honorable" kind of thing Undertaker does is the kneeling thing, so it really wouldn't work that well.

If you read my post fully I explained why the MITB PPV would be created, and doing that, it gives WWE the chance to sit back and see if MITB gets a good buy rate, and it not, they can scrap it for the following year, as it was only part of a storyline, and Kane would be cashing it in against the Undetakers streak not a championship so it wouldn't entirly be useless would it? which in doing so would explain the rumble winner and one of the elimination chamber winners facing for the belts.

Kayfabe? not really you could play Kane and Undertaker off as faces and it's just a brotherly rivalry and that Kane is ready to rest in peace no he's been tortured for long enough, and Undetaker could be having some problems, that he's mentally starting to fold (I posted about this in another post) and have him job, the embracing, wouldn't need to be done, but the bow (as in the kneely and thunder and lighting shit) would happen.

People say for it to happen at Survivor Series but I have a problem with that, if it was to happen at Survivor series, wouldn't people want him to retire at Mania? his stage,?

If you read my post fully I explained why the MITB PPV would be created, and doing that, it gives WWE the chance to sit back and see if MITB gets a good buy rate, and it not, they can scrap it for the following year, as it was only part of a storyline, and Kane would be cashing it in against the Undetakers streak not a championship so it wouldn't entirly be useless would it? which in doing so would explain the rumble winner and one of the elimination chamber winners facing for the belts.

Again, the briefcase is out of functionality by the time of the next Wrestlemania, so he couldn't cash it in at Wrestlemania dude.
Besides a proper situation for Undertaker to be challenged for his streak, would require a proper build up, either that or WWE would have another streak challenger for the whole storyline, but that wouldn't make sense for Undertaker to fight two matches in 1 night, both storyline wise, and reality wise, storyline wise I don't think I need to explain, but reality wise it wouldn't make sense because of Undertakers already limited in ring schedule.

Kayfabe? not really you could play Kane and Undertaker off as faces and it's just a brotherly rivalry and that Kane is ready to rest in peace no he's been tortured for long enough, and Undetaker could be having some problems, that he's mentally starting to fold (I posted about this in another post) and have him job, the embracing, wouldn't need to be done, but the bow (as in the kneely and thunder and lighting shit) would happen.

Still don't see it, I just can't imagine The Undertaker hugging someone without breaking kayfabe, and the same goes for the bowing, I just don't see it seriously, the only time I could ever imagine The Undertaker bowing and hugging someone would be when he's inducted into the Hall of Fame, but then that wouldn't have him in a kayfabe position, cause it'd be odd watching a Hall of Fame induction of Undertaker, in kayfabe talk.
Could you imagine that? Undertaker's induction speech "I will rest.. in.. peace" hehe.

People say for it to happen at Survivor Series but I have a problem with that, if it was to happen at Survivor series, wouldn't people want him to retire at Mania? his stage,?

Would make sense since it's where The Undertaker debuted, but I agree, I would much rather see him retire at Wrestlemania because of his legacy at Wrestlemania rather than his Survivor Series "legacy".

Again, the briefcase is out of functionality by the time of the next Wrestlemania, so he couldn't cash it in at Wrestlemania dude.
Besides a proper situation for Undertaker to be challenged for his streak, would require a proper build up, either that or WWE would have another streak challenger for the whole storyline, but that wouldn't make sense for Undertaker to fight two matches in 1 night, both storyline wise, and reality wise, storyline wise I don't think I need to explain, but reality wise it wouldn't make sense because of Undertakers already limited in ring schedule.

Still don't see it, I just can't imagine The Undertaker hugging someone without breaking kayfabe, and the same goes for the bowing, I just don't see it seriously, the only time I could ever imagine The Undertaker bowing and hugging someone would be when he's inducted into the Hall of Fame, but then that wouldn't have him in a kayfabe position, cause it'd be odd watching a Hall of Fame induction of Undertaker, in kayfabe talk.
Could you imagine that? Undertaker's induction speech "I will rest.. in.. peace" hehe.

Would make sense since it's where The Undertaker debuted, but I agree, I would much rather see him retire at Wrestlemania because of his legacy at Wrestlemania rather than his Survivor Series "legacy".

1. WWE have stated you can cash the breifcase in anytime for the next year, including WRESTLEMANIA, both Edge and Mr Ken.. Anderson both said that was their intensions.

2, Undertaker would face one person at Mania, so I don't know why you'd suggest twice?

3. The fact their "brothers" the embracing would be part of them resting in piece like I said, the storyline would probably revolve around Kane tried of being a tortured soul, and like I said in another post, have the Undertaker stat having a mental break down, with Paul Bearer showing up in mirrors saying it's time to rest in peace Undertaker, would be camara trickery.

4. The bowing is that kneeling thing he does as the lights out, and the HOF induction speech would be pretty weird, for some reason I'd love for Taker to write a book about his WWE stint, as I think some of the books that have came out are pretty one sided, but I'd to get a locker room leaders prespective of what went down.

5. For Undertaker to retire, look at his character, it would need to be killed off so to say, it wouldn't be the Ric Flair send off for the HBK send off, Undertaker's persona would need to be killed off in away you know he isn't coming back no matter what, and I'm surprised WWE hasn't done a Rumble winner to challenge the Undertaker, then again, up in till 2002 when he fought Flair, the Streak was never really mentioned, even at Mania X7 they mentioned him being 9-0 but that was afterward, it's only been since Mania 18 they've mentioned the steak more so, and since Mania 21 when fought Orton that he's been used as storyline.

1. WWE have stated you can cash the breifcase in anytime for the next year, including WRESTLEMANIA, both Edge and Mr Ken.. Anderson both said that was their intensions.

I see, read otherwise all thou, oh well.

2, Undertaker would face one person at Mania, so I don't know why you'd suggest twice?

I'm that it's usual that WWE has a feud buildup for Undertaker at Wrestlemania, meaning Undertaker is bound to have an opponent at Wrestlemania, and if Kane was to use his briefcase to challenge Undertaker, then he would have to do it before Wrestlemania if there was to build anything of a feud out of it, and if Kane cashed it before the match, it would ruin the surprise moment that the contract carries.
That's why I mention two opponents, because if we want the Cash in "OMG" moment, then Undertaker will need another opponent at Wrestlemania first.

3. The fact their "brothers" the embracing would be part of them resting in piece like I said, the storyline would probably revolve around Kane tried of being a tortured soul, and like I said in another post, have the Undertaker stat having a mental break down, with Paul Bearer showing up in mirrors saying it's time to rest in peace Undertaker, would be camara trickery.

I'll repeat myself for the one thousand time, it wouldn't look right to have Undertaker embrace anybody, he's never done that (at least I think, don't make any bets on my words) even when he was on good terms with Kane, besides if Kane was to be tired of being a tortured soul, it wouldn't make sense for him to have the need to challenge Undertaker again, no matter the fact that Undertaker himself has said he enjoys fighting Kane.

4. The bowing is that kneeling thing he does as the lights out, and the HOF induction speech would be pretty weird, for some reason I'd love for Taker to write a book about his WWE stint, as I think some of the books that have came out are pretty one sided, but I'd to get a locker room leaders prespective of what went down.

Why didn't you say that in the first place then? you came off as if the bowing was an actual bow :)
Yeah, a book from Undertaker, would be cool, but I wouldn't be expecting anything to come out, but it would be cool yes.

5. For Undertaker to retire, look at his character, it would need to be killed off so to say, it wouldn't be the Ric Flair send off for the HBK send off, Undertaker's persona would need to be killed off in away you know he isn't coming back no matter what, and I'm surprised WWE hasn't done a Rumble winner to challenge the Undertaker, then again, up in till 2002 when he fought Flair, the Streak was never really mentioned, even at Mania X7 they mentioned him being 9-0 but that was afterward, it's only been since Mania 18 they've mentioned the steak more so, and since Mania 21 when fought Orton that he's been used as storyline.

I really doubt kayfabe or not that any, and I repeat ANY WWE wrestler would throw their Royal Rumble opportunity away against a guy who's undefeated at Wrestlemania, unless he's holding the bloody belt and the other guy is one you have never defeated or something like that.
But yes, Undertaker needs to be killed off in some way for him to end his career properly, but as I mentioned earlier in this thread, TM had the perfect scenario of how to end the legend that is Undertaker.

id like taker to go out with a sendoff similiar to ric flairs....he has done so much for this company in the last 20 years that its fitting he goes out on a high

id like to see someone like randy orton be the guy to end his career

id like taker to go out with a sendoff similiar to ric flairs....he has done so much for this company in the last 20 years that its fitting he goes out on a high

I do think it would be a nice finish for Undertaker to be given a big send off, but on the other hand I have my doubts that will happen, because as I stated earlier, getting such a send off would require Undertaker to step out of character for the finish after Wrestlemania (taking into consideration Wrestlemania is most likely where we will see Undertaker retire.) for the send off where people gather to thank him and everything. Unless you're in for a incredibly brief small send off on-screen, because Kane is probably the only one who is in his right to kayfabe come out and "thank" him.
Besides, Ric Flair was inducted to the Hall of Fame the night before, and I don't see that happening with Undertaker because his career is not exactly Ric Flair like.

id like to see someone like randy orton be the guy to end his career

I disagree. I have my doubts that a guy like Undertaker would be retired by Randy Orton. Certainly Orton his lethal moments that would make you think "There goes that career", but I don't see Undertaker, a guy who's been buried alive, set on fire, how many times again? and has come back from it all, I don't see Randy Orton accomplishing to retire Undertaker, and as I stated earlier, completely agreeing with TM, I think we'd just have him simply, disappear after his final Wrestlemania match.

You see Undertaker is mysterious. So you have to end his career in a mysterious way. I say Undertaker career should end at Survivor Series(If it will be around) plus one last match at Wrestlemania. But who would be his WM 27 opponent? I say a heel John Cena or it could be Sheamus.

Here how i see it. In the Summer Taker could cut a promo talking about that the end is near. In the fall Taker can interupt matches using chokeslam, tombstone, and etc. On anybody. Vince or Long would come out to talk to Taker and tell him if he interupts another match, they will force to take action. BAM Taker chokeslam him. and interupts another match. Long comes out and say "Taker will be in a guantlet match at Survivor Series against 3 top superstars from Raw & Smackdown. If Taker loses he will leave the WWE for good." Taker beats them all but Vince comes out and tells Taker he have one more opponent Cena or Sheamus can come from behind and beat the Taker.

Wrestlemania comes around Sheamus or Cena brags about this and that and how they retire the Taker. Now if i were the WWE i would make this a suprise. Cena or Shemus tells Vince that they need a opponent at WM. Vince says "OK but you wont know til WM." Its WM the match comes Sheamus or Cena is in the ring. Lights goes out Taker comes in give it a hell of a performance (especially if he face Cena) and Taker wins. Then Taker is gone disappear for good.

He doesn't need a big sent off.

I do think it would be a nice finish for Undertaker to be given a big send off, but on the other hand I have my doubts that will happen, because as I stated earlier, getting such a send off would require Undertaker to step out of character for the finish after Wrestlemania (taking into consideration Wrestlemania is most likely where we will see Undertaker retire.) for the send off where people gather to thank him and everything. Unless you're in for a incredibly brief small send off on-screen, because Kane is probably the only one who is in his right to kayfabe come out and "thank" him.
Besides, Ric Flair was inducted to the Hall of Fame the night before, and I don't see that happening with Undertaker because his career is not exactly Ric Flair like.

Whoa now. I gotta admit you've made a good point and backed it well BUT I see two major flaws in your logic here:
1. Undertaker's career IS Ric Flair-like (minus the length and # of titles). When Taker's face, the whole crowd goes nuts. When he's heel, the whole crowd goes heel nuts (Remember the Ministry?). Taker gets respect in every arena he goes to. If that's not in the highest echelon where Flair is I don't know what is up there.
2. Taker can still do the HoF and the big goodbyes and STILL keep in character. Remember at Flair's send-off (as an after the bell segment) Taker came out and did the kneel thing and let Flair hug him. Remember this bub: The HoF is a time that kayfabe doesn't matter. I see Taker being very humble and probably giving the shortest HoF speech on record.

Now I do agree with a few posters saying that Kane's the only one with the right to come out and say goodbye. I can see Taker and Kane having one more WM match and they retire each other with the streak still intact. After all, Kane may need to retire as well. Ultimately, I see Taker retiring on his own terms however he very damn well wants.

And to the person(s) who believe that Taker doesn't deserve a big send-off: There's never been a wrestler like Taker, and there will never be another wrestler like him. He's as close to a wrestling god as almost anyone can get (a hell of a lot closer than JBL ever got!). Mark my post words: There WILL be riot if Taker doesn't get the send-off that the fans feel he deserves.

1. Undertaker's career IS Ric Flair-like (minus the length and # of titles). When Taker's face, the whole crowd goes nuts. When he's heel, the whole crowd goes heel nuts (Remember the Ministry?). Taker gets respect in every arena he goes to. If that's not in the highest echelon where Flair is I don't know what is up there.

Oh I know Undertaker's respect and the way he's cheered is definitely Ric Flair like, but as you stated in the ( ) part, that's exactly the place that makes Undertaker lacking of being inducted while being active if you ask me.
Certainly Undertaker has made one hell of a career in the WWE, and that should most certainly be honored too, but I have my doubts that WWE will be inducting Undertaker while still in-ring active, because of Ric Flair being the only one honored with that, and even as much of a Undertaker fan I am, and respectful towards him, I just don't see him quite worthy of a pre-retirement induction, I just don't.

2. Taker can still do the HoF and the big goodbyes and STILL keep in character. Remember at Flair's send-off (as an after the bell segment) Taker came out and did the kneel thing and let Flair hug him. Remember this bub: The HoF is a time that kayfabe doesn't matter. I see Taker being very humble and probably giving the shortest HoF speech on record.

Certainly I remember Ric Flair's send off, who could forget? but you say it yourself, it was an "After the Bell" segment, or more correctly it was on Ric Flairs DVD because it couldn't be featured on television because Undertaker needed to stay in character, the same goes for Vince McMahon because he's the constant heel like character.
And certainly I can see you coming with a point saying "But Vince McMahon breaks character during the time he inducts people to the Hall of Fame" certainly everybody kinda does, but Vince McMahon is a character who you must honestly admit could easily go into a normal personality without people figuring "Oh shit he's breaking kayfabe!"
Undertaker on the other hand, I do not see it, at least I will not be able to see the proper sense in Undertaker of all people breaking character during his in ring career, as mentioned earlier, I simply don't.

Edit: Besides, I have never once seen a camera shot of Undertaker during the others Hall of Fame inductions.
Hell I believe they keep Undertaker backstage?
Now I couldn't find any news about it on Wrestlezone.com so I had to google it in order to make sure about what I was saying, and here it is
Undertaker Backstage At Hall Of Fame
Posted 1 year, 11 months ago in Undertaker News

It was mentioned that The Undertaker was backstage, but was not seated with the other wrestlers. This was more than likely done to keep The Undertaker character going, even though Umaga was shown on camera several times without his makeup and wearing a suit.

Just Have Undertaker vs Batista for world heavyweight championship, taker wins title and kane wins money in the bank earleir in the night then kane comes out to help taker afterthe match after being beating down from batista then kane helps taker and raises his hand then he chokeslams him then he orders the ref to get to the ring then the match for world title starts then kane chokeslams him then he tombstones him and gets the win he becomes a major heel turn he calls the druids out and they put taker in coffin and kane sets it alight then kane goes on and on about how he beat and ended his brothers carrer at wrestlemania but taker has to end his streak at 20-1 because beating batista makes it 20-0 then kane makes it 20-1 so that is how the carrer of the undertaker should end

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back