• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Can Dixie & TNA Make Up for Victory Road?

Y2J420RKO420

Occasional Pre-Show
So we all know that the mainevent was a load of bull. Anyone who got the ppv more than likely felt robbed of 35$. Im sure dixie feels bad so here are my questions
So your Dixie how do you fix what happened at victory road?
How do you make it up to the fans?

Well, the simple and obvious answer is to offer a refund. If TNA's PPV buyrates are as bad as advertised then it shouldn't be that painful to do. I'm not sure how that would work with the cable companies but I assume there has to be a system in place for it. Also, you could offer a voucher for a free PPV within the next 12 months.

Let's face it... there's not much else they can do outside of those two suggestions.

FIRE FUCKING HARDY ON IMPACT!!!!

I like Hardy too... But there is n excuse for that shit... I paid.my money to see.Sting.vs Hardy and I got that bullshit... Either give me back my money or show that something will be.done to prevent it from happening again...

I would call spike tv right away and ask for an extra hour this week and hope you get it.
Then on Impact I would have a night full of good matches with enough time for each match, and have only like 15 mins of promos instead of half of the show like normal. to me if they dont have a wrestling driven show this week there going to lose a good amount of there already small fan base. If we get a good impact full of TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION it might make up for it. but if there is more promos than wrestling i think its only down hill from there.

hahaha! ill agree with pizza party!

but seriously this is a tv show! she dosnt have to make anythin up! its not a sport! they didnt promise a sporting match and pull out! they could pull all wrestling matches from tha show if they wanted! if u dont like it then u dont watch it! stupid americans!!!

but seriously this is a tv show! she dosnt have to make anythin up! its not a sport! they didnt promise a sporting match and pull out! they could pull all wrestling matches from tha show if they wanted! if u dont like it then u dont watch it! stupid americans!!!

I think you may be the one who is stupid...

This wasnt just a TV Show... This was a Pay Per View that cost 35 American dollars...

We were promised a main event match for the TNA Title... If you spent your money just to see Hardy vs Sting, then you were in fact robbed of your money...

They can pull this kind of crap on Impact and it would be fine... But a 35 dollar PPV main event... Hell fucking no!!! Someone needs to be held responsible.

I think you may be the one who is stupid...

This wasnt just a TV Show... This was a Pay Per View that cost 35 American dollars...

We were promised a main event match for the TNA Title... If you spent your money just to see Hardy vs Sting, then you were in fact robbed of your money...

They can pull this kind of crap on Impact and it would be fine... But a 35 dollar PPV main event... Hell fucking no!!! Someone needs to be held responsible.
but the thing is...every match on the card took place.be it the main event didnt last but 90 seconds it still happend.and thats what matters its not like they had the ppv and the cameras blacked out and so forth.tna never said the main event would be a 15 min match while we all assume it would be that or longer they never say it will be.

First things first, TNA has to apologize to the fans for what happened, period. Don't sugar coat it, don't try to cover it up. You spend 15 minutes of every Impact with bullshit promos anyway, you might as well use it to explain the situation with as many details as needed and apologize to your fans.

Also, you make a public apology to Sting. The fans were pissed, but Sting was pissed too. Guy's what, 50 something years old, and he was ready to go, not taking the fact that he was in the main event for granted. You show the fans that you care about the fans AND that you care about the wrestlers. I don't give a fuck how sympathetic is makes Immortal look, that ain't the point right now because TNA as a whole looks like shit right now.

Third, you gotta find something within the logistics of the business that allow you to show the fans that you are truly sorry about what happened. Maybe a free PPV (obviously that's not gonna work), or maybe a free PPV for those who ordered Victory Road, I don't know. The fans needs to be compensated for this.

Finally, you give us our six sided ring back. I'm sure that a lot of people (myself included) will easily forgive you after the apology, if you give us the six sided ring (and the Quality matches that went with it!) back.

Although there are many reports online at this moment regarding why the main event at Victory Road went only one minute, twenty eight seconds, the fact is that no one really knows yet what happened in the ring.

Here's what we have gathered, at this hour, from a variety of sources.

There was general concern throughout the day on the condition of Jeff Hardy. The finish of the match was never discussed with agents, announcers, or the production truck as a one minute, twenty eight second match. Sting's physical limitations based on age and/or injury were not a factor.

There are two stories floating around right now. One is that the Bischoff announcement was designed to kill time, and Bischoff was sent down with what is called "an audible" (last minute change) to switch the finish. The other is that Sting, who was noticeably angry in the dressing room before the match (supposedly based on what he felt was Hardy's condition), "hooked the finish" and just ended the match after the first move, with referee Brian Hebner either counting three or being told from the back to get out of the match by counting three.

Either way, it will be very interesting how TNA President Dixie Carter handles this latest explosive situation in her dressing room.

We are working on several other stories arising out of this controversy. Keep checking back with WrestleZone tonight for much more.

REFUND!, A public apology, They have alot of damage control for not only the fans but for the guys who paid for the PPV.

Free ringside seats and a backstage pass to an a TNA event if you have a receipt of purchase. and Jeff Hardys firing on PPV

but the thing is...every match on the card took place.be it the main event didnt last but 90 seconds it still happend.and thats what matters its not like they had the ppv and the cameras blacked out and so forth.tna never said the main event would be a 15 min match while we all assume it would be that or longer they never say it will be.

I dont know about anyone else but when I used to watch the other company the only reason I bought a PPV was to watch a Stone Cold Steve Austin match. I didnt care about the rest of the card just cared about watching Austin or at the present time, Styles.

Im willing to bet some people are like that today so if they payed money to See Jeff or to see Sting then they were ROBBED regardless of what happened on the rest of the card.

They didn't promise a, "sporting event," but they did promise a wrestling match, and tonight was not a match. That was a sad, sad culmination to the career of Jeff Hardy, who will probably never live this event down. I said in another post that TNA would offer to pay for Jeff's rehab if: A) this, "unfit to perform," story we're hearing is actually the case; and B) he were willing to go and stay the full time. If B was not a viable option, then you publicly fire him and explain to your fans why it came to that point. I've also said tonight that as someone who used to root for Jeff, I'm not as mad at him as I am worried. If he really is such an addict that he shows up for a PPV in such a state, then he possibly has, "wrestling tragedy," written all over him. Jake Roberts is lucky to be alive still, and he did the same thing by mixing his addiction in with his work, back in the day.

Somehow, though, I'm worried that this is another, "worked-shoot," from Vince Russo. I mean, why would they have Jeff walk out to the ring in such a state in the first place, if this were true? I know TNA is famous for ridiculously bad management, but even they would have to know that it's a colossally bad decision to allow him to come out and risk ruining the show. It may also sound tasteless to suggest that they would book a man as a drug addict when he suffered from real substance abuse issues, but this is Vince Russo we're talking about; he booked Scott Hall as an alcoholic, for Christ's sake. I agree that if this were a worked-shoot, then it would probably be the worst one in Russo's tenure, even worse than the Jarrett-Hogan debacle. This is the sort of thing that kills companies, yes, but these worked-shoots that Russo always loved will bury a company under concrete.

The only thing that holds me back from flat-out screaming, "worked-shoot," is the fact that in no way, shape, or form, would TNA or even Vince Russo himself be stupid enough to try one again, especially after all that went down with the mistakes that killed WCW. I mean, I feel stupid even bringing up the possibility of it, but again: this is Vince Russo we're talking about, here...

jeff really really needs help ladies and gents. yes this was an ABSOLUTE bs main event. but like my finacee has predicted and it would be horrible. at least he didnt OD in the ring..or seriously hurt somebody. as far as the thread goes, get jeff help. show hogan, bischoff, and russo the door cuz they are not helping things. bring back the six-side cuz thats what makes u original damn it!. push UR stars and ill be happy.

They don't have to offer a refund, Just don't expect anyone to ever buy the product again.

Any ppv with either Hardy in it is gonna be an instant skip for now on.

At this point, I think Dixie has to placate Sting as a massive priority... if he pulls his contract, which he will be able to do for being "embarrased" he could STILL walk right into WWE intime for Mania... and that would defo kill TNA...

The fans... look it's the fingerpoke of doom 2... it has happened in the biz before and will again... If you pay 35 bucks for a show that Hogan, Bischoff, Russo all have creative input into and with a known drug user in the main event you deserved it... admittedly I am in the UK and get TNA free... but no way would I pay right now...

Heads will roll in TNA and not in a good way, several talents will re-evaluate thier positions.

I didn't purchase this PPV but personally, I believe that TNA should offer a refund to those that did. Dixie and TNA owes that much to their loyal fans. They messed up by letting Jeff Hardy go out there in the first place, they should have put someone else in the main event.

Then, Dixie needs to either A.) Get Jeff Hardy some serious help. Or B.) Fire Jeff Hardy and let him waste his life away somewhere not in front of TNA audiences and on camera. From the reports, TNA talent is in an uproar over Jeff Hardy's actions tonight. TNA and Dixie need to keep the rest of the wrestlers in the company safe, and if Dixie continues to allow Jeff Hardy to continue on this path, Jeff is going to severely hurt himself or another wrestler.

I would set Sting free from the brand i once loved but has since become "Bullshitland" and personally call vince myself and conference vkm and sting to make sure that he gets the contract with wwe that he deserves.

After what happened at the ppv last night i persoanlly hope that thursdays TNA is filled with quality wresting and the Jeff Hardy is NO WHERE NEAR THE SHOW i personally dont even want to hear his name metioned on tv.

Now i didn't personally buy the ppv as i dont have enough money to waste on ANY ppv. event but i do agree that TNA should either do a refund or somehow set up a voucher for the people who bought Victory Road to get lockdown for free.

Another thing Dixie needs to do is start kissing stings ass. From what i've seen from sting which ill admit isnt much he is a very professional person and to see him clearly show is disgust it what happened WHILE the cameras were still rolling shows how pissed he is an might be want to walk out on TNA.

really??? u idiots want refunds! its very simple! if u dont like what they do then dont watch it and dont spend your money on it!

BREAKING NEWS!!!

TNA Wrestling, just like tha even more so fake WWE, isn't real!!!

With a comment like that why are you even registered on a Wrestling forum?

Biziorek2, That's what people are going to do for now on. People aren't going to watch, Which is worse than refunding after a gigantic mistake on TNA's part. The refunding would be a way for Dixie + co to acknowledge the fact that they just screwed their fanbase out of money because they wanted to push Drug Hardy.
They can't play this off. Ignoring the fans that are hardcore enough to pay for PPVs, is terrible business.

Even though it is fucked up, they shouldnt break kayfabe, but they can make people happy without doing a full apology. id have immortal kick out hardy for sucking so bad, then add in someone big, like anderson or pope. then completely burry hardy for awhile, and make him climb his way back up.
then bischoff could get another "order from the network" saying that the mainevent was bullshit and that the next ppv must be free to make up for it. they could make it a free ppv, and add commercials or ads if they still want revenue. then give the fans a great main event with sting vs anderson vs rvd (and you can even add in aj styles to make the diehard fans happy).

this accomplishes a number of things:
even without breaking kayfabe, they still punish hardy publicly so the fans know action was taken against him.
it knocks down hardy, and hopefully makes him wake up and realize he cant do this shit to the company, wrestlers, and fans
and it repays the people who paid for the ppv.

of course, this is assuming it was all hardy's fault. i guess we will find out more in the coming days.

edit: i wouldnt fire hardy because he is still a huge draw, but you can certainly punish people without firing them.

I don't think anyone will ever be getting refunds from TNA, despite the fact they should. The next best thing is to give us a really good, PPV quality main event on Impact. Apprently Hardy was pretty fucked up and was in no condition to wrestle, so we are owed a good match.

Impact should have Styles vs Sting for the title. I know Styles hasn't been in the title scene lately, but who gives a rats arse, Styles and Sting could (and have) work a great match together. No run in's, or interference, or any kind of BS ending that only TNA could come up with. But a solid 20-30 minute wrestling match. Have Sting cleanly beat Styles after the long, drawn out battle and have them shake hands. Hell, this could even help build towards the Anderson vs Sting storyline, having Anderson getting more and more frustrated. Styles is always over with the crowd, and if they had enough time they could really have a great match.

I don't think any of the dirt-sheets got it right. None of them know what's going on, and believe me they'll be fighting to make up the spiciest one.

Something's fishy. Sting and Hardy looked fine until Bischoff came out and whispered something to both of them. Sting started looking a bit pissed.

Hardy starts dragging the match. The shirt thing. Sting was visually annoyed by it. Half the match was Hardy trying to toss his shirt into the crowd.

The match starts, Hardy seems to be completely out of the loop. He didn't even come out of the corner for the lock up and could barely sell anything.

Sting gets pissed, Death Drop, pins him and holds his legs at 3. Hardy jumps up, no-selling, Sting looks back at him.

The most logical explanation to me is - screwjob.

Bischoff came out for a reason. Sting didn't expect it. Perhaps he told Sting to do this because of Hardy's condition or SOMETHING.

Another explanation is simply Sting getting too annoyed with Hardy's antics and did to him what HBK did to Hogan in their big match when Hogan was no-selling so HBK started over-selling.

I don't think TNA should offer refunds. Aside from the Main Event the PPV was fine. What they should do is honestly address the issue either over the internet or on iMPACT, be honest with us and give us one kick-ass iMPACT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back