Houston Region, Boston Subregion: First Round: (9)Jeff Hardy vs. (24)Shelton Benjamin

Who Wins This Match

• Jeff Hardy

• Shelton Benjamin

Results are only viewable after voting.
He has performed and won more great matches without the use of a ladder, table, or chair than your man Jeff Hardy. Where's his great non-gimmick matches? I've seen Shelton do more and do well in more companies across the world than I have somebody who had the WWE machine behind them and is a poor worker everywhere else. Hardy couldn't even get a rub off of the Undertaker in 2002 when he was fighting for the world title. Shelton did off of Shawn Michaels in 2005.
If Shelton is so great, where on earth are his world titles? Oh wait, he doesn't have them because he is a one dimensional guy. All he has is in ring ability. Jeff had a character going for him too. And as for the rest of the world argument, well if people are going to dump on someone like Kobashi because he's never really wrestled in North America, then I'm going to dump on Shelton here and say that his success in companies outside of North America don't matter. As for the supposed "rub" Shelton got from Michaels.....what did that amount to? Where did Shelton end up going from there? Did he get a world title at any point after that?

This is what it looks like when you directly quote somebody.

Now you may have thought that I was directing my statement at you, but it was a generalization. As there is so much stupid shit in this thread that I would literally have to quote about 20 different posts if I wanted to address everything that's been said.
Go smoke your fucking peace pipe and comeback when somebody mentions drugs again. Then maybe somebody will give a rat's ass what you have to say.

I know you didn't mention drugs Coco, but there have been a number of posts that have. In this very thread, and I was addressing those posts as well, sorry you had to assume I was putting words in your mouth; but honestly I didn't even read your post, I figured if you where voting for Benjamin that you would at the very least put up a somewhat intelligent argument, but since your post has now been brought to my attention, lets go ahead and take a closer look at it.
Just as long as everyone here knows that your judgment is impaired by whatever you're high on at the moment.

So Shelton is a Great athlete, fantastic. WOW. GROUND BREAKING, NEWS WORTHY, GOTTA PUT IT IN CAPS kinda stuff right there.

Since I am now directly talking to you Coco, tell me what being a great athlete has to do with professional wrestling other than being able to preform athletic spots.
Being a great athlete doesn't make a great professional wrestler, you're correct. But is being a great athlete something a professional wrestler shouldn't be able to fall back on to inform what is great professional wrestling acumen? I think not. Being a great athlete makes guys Lesnar and Angle better professional wrestlers and creates a legitimacy in their work. Shelton carries that same legitimacy and has his share of stellar pro matches under his belt as well. Being a great athlete isn't the end-all, be-all. But it doesn't hurt quality of performance. As a matter of fact, it aids Shelton's, a performance that is often of higher quality than that of Hardy.

Foley is the furthest thing from an Athlete, If Benjamin going to go over Foley because of his athletic ability. I mean all Foley does is jump off cages and take hardcore spots and bumps. According to your logic, being an athlete is all that really matters is Pro Wrestling.
Foley has adapted with reasonable success to many different professional wrestling environments. I wouldn't vote Shelton over Foley. But that's not the argument here.

Well, the fact is. You Are Wrong. Being an athlete is certainly a good start, but it's not the end all be all of Pro Wrestling. I could run Miles and miles around guys like Vador and Foley, doesn't make me a better Pro Wrestler, maybe a better ATHLETE, but not a better Pro Wrestler.
I'm miles ahead of this point. See above. Also, I would never vote Shelton over Foley or Vader. Just Hardy.

So I guess he used that Vince crutch to become current TNA World Heavyweight Champion... for the second time.

I didn't realize that TNA followed the Vince McMahon System, please do enlighten me!
TNA follows the "leech off of anything that's ever been successful in the WWE or WCW" system. Which has even less credibility than the Vince McMahon System.

You talking bout the Indies, the Minor Leagues, Triple A. Basically the stuff that nobody really cares about.
Yet it still establishes generalizable quality performance better than an Hardy fan could present for their man.

So the the Smark Indy crowd, the same crowd that you where bitching about after EC. That's what you're going with, Hypocrite much?
A smark crowd ruining a potentially great Jerry Lawler match and breathing life into a Shelton Benjamin are two different things. That should be clear.

Grand Slam Champion - Putting him ahead of guys Like Cena, Rock, Stone Cold, Hogan and many more. I think Adequate is the wrong word.
If that doesn't prove that belts mean nothing, I don't know what does. Hardy is better than none of those men. That accomplishment means nothing to me.

Anywhere that doesn't matter that is, any where that doesn't have a TV contract, anywhere that doesn't have the pressure of more than 30 fans watching.
Way to alienated the boards ROHbots with your glib nonsense.

Remeber kids, Vince is really in charge of TNA, and that's the only reason Hardy has become a two time Heavyweight Championship in TNA. It's because of Vince McMahon.
More or less, yeah.

At least people care when Hardy Jumps off a latter.
You must be deaf if you couldn't hear some of the pops Shelton spots have gotten over the years.

If Shelton is so great, where on earth are his world titles? Oh wait, he doesn't have them because he is a one dimensional guy. All he has is in ring ability. Jeff had a character going for him too. And as for the rest of the world argument, well if people are going to dump on someone like Kobashi because he's never really wrestled in North America, then I'm going to dump on Shelton here and say that his success in companies outside of North America don't matter. As for the supposed "rub" Shelton got from Michaels.....what did that amount to? Where did Shelton end up going from there? Did he get a world title at any point after that?

Where are Mr. Perfect's World Championships? Where are Roddy Piper's World Championship? What about Rick Rude or Ted DiBiase?

None of them have held a World Championship. And Jeff Hardy shouldn't be allowed to breath the same air as any of them, he isn't in their league, division or even planet on any scale.

Shelton Benjamin is a better athlete then those legends. Same as he's a better athlete than Meth Hardy.

World Championship mean something in wrestling, but not everything.

I'm talking quality of performance, not world titles. Sure, plenty of indy companies out there are TNA-like parasites who need to book big former WWE names to get people at the gate. Frankly, it's the nature of the beast. But do we think Hardy is putting on matches which rival the quality of Benjamin? If you do, you're either a blind Hardy fan or a raving apologist for WWE's vision and their use of talent.

Check Wikipedia once again dude. Those titles that Jeff won on the indy scene were before his time in the WWE. To my knowledge once he started working for the WWE the only indy company he worked for was ROH and he did not win any titles there. So his indy success was NOT a result of his WWE successes.

And do you mean to tell me that his WWE career has not helped Shelton's indy career at all? He is the one who an indy title after his WWE stint. Did the fact that Shelton was an established WWE superstar not influence their decision? Because frankly Shelton is good but there are some better workers in the indies too. So to suggest that he has won all those titles, oh wait I'm sorry, only one title on the basis of his in ring skills then you are mistaken.

At least I humored your "indy" arguement. Because as the rest of the posters will tell you indy achievement does not mean a whole lot.

Sorry for making a different post but that is because I cannot edit the last one anymore. Here are a list of Hardy's achievements on the indy circuit before Hardy entered the WWF. That shows that Hardy can adapt just as well in a non WWE environment.

National Championship Wrestling
NCW Light Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
New Dimension Wrestling
NDW Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
NDW Tag Team Championship (1 time)1 – with Matt Hardy
New Frontier Wrestling Association
NFWA Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
North East Wrestling
NEW Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
NWA 2000
NWA 2000 Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy

Jeff Hardy as World Tag Team Champion
Jeff Hardy as the WWE Intercontinental Champion

Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts
OMEGA New Frontiers Championship (1 time)
OMEGA Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy

Wow, this is kinda exciting how close it is, even though I'm not really a fan of either.

I think I'll have to put my vote towards The Golden hairdo for his awesome flips in money in the bank matches. That's all I can really use since I don't care who wins this one.

Vote Benjamin.

Sorry for making a different post but that is because I cannot edit the last one anymore. Here are a list of Hardy's achievements on the indy circuit before Hardy entered the WWF. That shows that Hardy can adapt just as well in a non WWE environment.

National Championship Wrestling
NCW Light Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
New Dimension Wrestling
NDW Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
NDW Tag Team Championship (1 time)1 – with Matt Hardy
New Frontier Wrestling Association
NFWA Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
North East Wrestling
NEW Junior Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
NWA 2000
NWA 2000 Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy

Jeff Hardy as World Tag Team Champion
Jeff Hardy as the WWE Intercontinental Champion

Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts
OMEGA New Frontiers Championship (1 time)
OMEGA Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy

OMEGA was his own promotion :lol: Asides from that, the rest aren't really of any signifigance. But I know one Championship Shelton Benjamin has held...

WWC Universal Heavyweight Championship

The WWC Universal Heavyweight Championship changed its name to Universal after a match between Ric Flair and Carlos Colon to determine, "the champion of the universe."

Shelton held that Championship, and you know who else has held it? Sabu, Greg Valentine, Curt Henning, Scott Steiner and Steve Corino.

That is a Championship that has a legacy and means something.

Go smoke your fucking peace pipe and comeback when somebody mentions drugs again. Then maybe somebody will give a rat's ass what you have to say.

Man, I wish I had a fucking peace pipe, I've been looking to get myself an authentic one for a while now. Strictly for ceremonies and such.

In all seriousness, I thought you where above taking such cheap, irrelevant shots. Quite laughable that you've stooped to taking Deej shots. Yeah, that same Deej.

Just as long as everyone here knows that your judgment is impaired by whatever you're high on at the moment.

Still waiting on that first smoke of the day Coco. Now, normally I'd be good and lit by now, but I've delayed my high so I can hang out with you Coco.

Blue Dreams is what I'm smoking, for those interested.

Being a great athlete doesn't make a great professional wrestler, you're correct.

Well that was practically your entire argument, you giving in that quickly?

But is being a great athlete something a professional wrestler shouldn't be able to fall back on to inform what is great professional wrestling acumen? I think not. Being a great athlete makes guys Lesnar and Angle better professional wrestlers and creates a legitimacy in their work.

Yes, being an athlete does make them better, but it's not just "being an athlete" that does it for them. Angle is all around a great Pro wrestler, you could take take the athlete out of Angle and he's still have enough to get it done.

Imagine if you took away Shelton's athletic ability, just picture it. He would be NOTHING. He doesn't have any other redeeming qualities, you take away his athletic ability and your left with nothing. Big Zeke is laughing at Shelton's Mic skills.

Shelton carries that same legitimacy and has his share of stellar pro matches under his belt as well. Being a great athlete isn't the end-all, be-all. But it doesn't hurt quality of performance. As a matter of fact, it aids Shelton's, a performance that is often of higher quality than that of Hardy.

Indeed his athletic ability does aid him, because as I just said, without that athletic ability he's nothing. He couldn't sell a Redneck a 1 dollar beer at a Nascar event. He's an athlete with a real life wrestling background, and he couldn't get over for the life of him, and he still cant. Why should I care just because he's a great athlete. I watch REAL sports for GREAT athletes, I watch pro wrestling for entertainment. If you can be entertaining in pro wrestling that there is really no spot for you, especially at the top of the latter (no pun intended).

Foley has adapted with reasonable success to many different professional wrestling environments. I wouldn't vote Shelton over Foley. But that's not the argument here.

Well thank GAWD.

It fits in perfectly with your athlete argument though. Foley is proof that pro wrestling isn't about it's athletics, or being a great athlete. It's about making people care, Foley had the people eating out of his hands, on a nightly basis; and it had nothing to do with his athletic achievements.

Foley is the perfect example here, and according to your main argument for Shelton, being a great "Athlete" you would have to vote him over Foley for the same reason, either that, or admit that being a great athlete is really only a small, small portion of what it takes to be a great pro wrestler.

I'm miles ahead of this point. See above. Also, I would never vote Shelton over Foley or Vader. Just Hardy.

Doesn't that make you a hypocrite? I mean Foley and Vader couldn't be further from the word "athlete"

TNA follows the "leech off of anything that's ever been successful in the WWE or WCW" system. Which has even less credibility than the Vince McMahon System.

So I guess the minor league systems are the only ones with Credibility and "real" Superstars.

Yet it still establishes generalizable quality performance better than an Hardy fan could present for their man.

When he can do it and get the crowd to care in a room bigger than a fucking outhouse, well, then you might be onto something.

A smark crowd ruining a potentially great Jerry Lawler match and breathing life into a Shelton Benjamin are two different things. That should be clear.

Different things, but when we boil it down, it's one in the same.

Your using a Smark Indy crowd to put Benjamin over, while using the Same smark indy crowd to do the EXACT OPPOSITE with Lawler.

Like I said, boil it down, and it's really not that different.

If that doesn't prove that belts mean nothing, I don't know what does. Hardy is better than none of those men. That accomplishment means nothing to me.

The accomplishment shows just how much Hardy had done in the world of Pro Wrestling, winning more championships and a larger variety to boot than some of the greatest ALL TIME. It show's you the company he hangs around with is literally the best of the best that the WWE has to offer.

JBL, Bookah, and Hardy are the lowest in that list of ten, and those three are miles ahead of Benjamin.

Way to alienated the boards ROHbots with your glib nonsense.

I've got nothing against RoH, I'd watch it weekly, if it actually aired on TV.

More or less, yeah.

Coco is forced into spewing conspiracy theory's to push Benjamin past Hardy.

You must be deaf if you couldn't hear some of the pops Shelton spots have gotten over the years.

It's kinda like X-Pac heat, people where popping in hopes that he'd actually get hurt and they wouldn't have to have his boring ass all over their T.V's on a weekly basis.

This is just absurd. This isn't a track and field competition, this isn't a long jump competition, it's a fucking professional wrestling match. Jeff Hardy, kayfabe or not, is a better professional wrestler than Shelton Benjamin. You have to do some serious fucking mental gymnastics to come up with some kind of criteria to prove Shelton is better. Shelton Benjamin is a nothing, a nobody in wrestling.He has already reached his potential in wrestling and he was a mid card champion at best. Jeff Hardy is a current world champion in a glorified indy company, but he was a 3 time champion in the biggest fucking wrestling company in the world. Jeff Hardy wins this. Stop fucking joking.

Hardy has been always an OMG kind of a guy that takes risks for reward. He's good with it, but not all the time. Facing an All-American athlete the likes of Shelton Benjamin would not be easy, but of course it depends on how you look at it.

Benjamin has been lacking since 2005. When he was being pushed to a midcard title, he was very good around the ring. Jeff Hardy was being pushed to the moon from 2007, and made his emotions known that he wants to be a World Champion and he got his chance, but every time its always cut short cause he couldn't carry a major title (sans the IC title) when you're dealing with a major company.

Only reason I picked Hardy because of his fanbase and better success than Benjamin.

OMEGA was his own promotion :lol: Asides from that, the rest aren't really of any signifigance. But I know one Championship Shelton Benjamin has held...

WWC Universal Heavyweight Championship

The WWC Universal Heavyweight Championship changed its name to Universal after a match between Ric Flair and Carlos Colon to determine, "the champion of the universe."

Shelton held that Championship, and you know who else has held it? Sabu, Greg Valentine, Curt Henning, Scott Steiner and Steve Corino.

That is a Championship that has a legacy and means something.

The whole point of this post was to show that Hardy has adapted equally well to the indy scene as has Benjamin. I'm am not trying to make a huge deal of these achievements as you know pretty well that Hardy has bigger achievements to his name that Shelton Benjamin does not have.

The whole point of this post was to show that Hardy has adapted equally well to the indy scene as has Benjamin. I'm am not trying to make a huge deal of these achievements as you know pretty well that Hardy has bigger achievements to his name that Shelton Benjamin does not have.

I know you're defending Hardy, this isn't directed at you, but the tool who was laughing and any other person lacking the proper amount of braincells to realize that you start in the indies and make your way up.

You don't prove yourself in the Majors so you can preform on a smaller stage, that's so fucking ass backwards. People wrestle in the Minors just so they have a shot at sniffing what it's like to be on the grandest stage of them all.

What people have done in the indies is Irrelevant when both men have competed at the highest level, and on the GRANDEST STAGE of them all Jeff Hardy has done LIGHTFUCKINGYEARS more than Benjamin could ever dream of accomplishing in the WWE.

Well that was practically your entire argument, you giving in that quickly?
It really isn't my whole argument. Shelton has had standard matches against the likes of RVD, HBK, Undertaker, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Christian, Matt Hardy, Los Guerreros, Rey Mysterio, and Billy Kidman that rival the best singles matches. Those matches were fine professional wrestling matches peppered with athleticism which require a greater degree of skill than most of Jeff Hardy's standard spots. That's superior performance, which is the heart of my argument.

Yes, being an athlete does make them better, but it's not just "being an athlete" that does it for them. Angle is all around a great Pro wrestler, you could take take the athlete out of Angle and he's still have enough to get it done.
When his accomplishments as a real athlete are the basis for his entire mega-push to the top, I can't agree with that.

Imagine if you took away Shelton's athletic ability, just picture it. He would be NOTHING. He doesn't have any other redeeming qualities, you take away his athletic ability and your left with nothing. Big Zeke is laughing at Shelton's Mic skills.
That's silly argument. It's like me saying "imagine if we took away Jeff Hardy's ability to jump off of tall stuff." It's meaningless hypothetical. Th reality? Shelton Benjamin is a better, more versatile performer than Jeff Hardy. That's not a hypothetical. That's fact.

Indeed his athletic ability does aid him, because as I just said, without that athletic ability he's nothing. He couldn't sell a Redneck a 1 dollar beer at a Nascar event. He's an athlete with a real life wrestling background, and he couldn't get over for the life of him, and he still cant. Why should I care just because he's a great athlete. I watch REAL sports for GREAT athletes, I watch pro wrestling for entertainment. If you can be entertaining in pro wrestling that there is really no spot for you, especially at the top of the latter (no pun intended).
But Shelton has entertained. He's had many matches that got the crowd going wild. To imply that he hasn't is ass-hatted. And he was so well-regarded for those matches that the WWE didn't completely give up on him until after seven years.

Well thank GAWD.

It fits in perfectly with your athlete argument though. Foley is proof that pro wrestling isn't about it's athletics, or being a great athlete. It's about making people care, Foley had the people eating out of his hands, on a nightly basis; and it had nothing to do with his athletic achievements.
Foley entertained well in more companies than Jeff. It's not a proper argument.

Foley is the perfect example here, and according to your main argument for Shelton, being a great "Athlete" you would have to vote him over Foley for the same reason, either that, or admit that being a great athlete is really only a small, small portion of what it takes to be a great pro wrestler.
Not responding. It still isn't all about him being an athlete. You can keep repeating it all you want, but it's about a better performance. Athletics are just a part of that. Get with the program.

Doesn't that make you a hypocrite? I mean Foley and Vader couldn't be further from the word "athlete"
When did I say someone needs to be a great athlete to entertain? I simply said that Jeff Hardy's act doesn't encompass the same degree of difficulty as Shelton's and that Shelton's act is more generalizable to a good performance elsewhere. That's the argument. It doesn't all rest of athletic ability.

So I guess the minor league systems are the only ones with Credibility and "real" Superstars.
Vince McMahon makes stars. TNA, for the most part, leeches off the corpses of former stars. That's almost universally accepted fact, sir. Ask around.

When he can do it and get the crowd to care in a room bigger than a fucking outhouse, well, then you might be onto something.
You've been in some mighty big outhouses.

Different things, but when we boil it down, it's one in the same.

Your using a Smark Indy crowd to put Benjamin over, while using the Same smark indy crowd to do the EXACT OPPOSITE with Lawler.

Like I said, boil it down, and it's really not that different.
They're different shows with different core audiences. I also didn't do anything not to put Lawler over. I was simply remarking how out of touch the WWE was with that crowd. Heck, maybe the reactions on Sunday were a sign that the core audience of the WWE is getting smarkier and that one day the Shelton marks will inherit the mainstream. Then we'll regard Shelton as being a guy who was ahead of his time. Either way, nothing I'm saying reflects poorly on Shelton and there's nothing two-faced about any of it. A smark crowd showed up to shit on a product that clearly isn't their cup of tea. It ruins the experience. But them showing up for an indy show isn't a bad thing when they're clearly the people the show is marketed towards.

The accomplishment shows just how much Hardy had done in the world of Pro Wrestling, winning more championships and a larger variety to boot than some of the greatest ALL TIME. It show's you the company he hangs around with is literally the best of the best that the WWE has to offer.
Belts are handed out like candy in Jeff's era. It means nothing.

Coco is forced into spewing conspiracy theory's to push Benjamin past Hardy.
No, you're right. The whims of Vince McMahon have nothing to do with which castoffs get the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. That's why AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and all sorts of other homegrown talent are regarded as credible threats to Hardy.

It's kinda like X-Pac heat, people where popping in hopes that he'd actually get hurt and they wouldn't have to have his boring ass all over their T.V's on a weekly basis.
You're high.

To rattlesnake: Can you prove that pre-WWE could outperform Benjamin? I didn't think so.

Where are Mr. Perfect's World Championships? Where are Roddy Piper's World Championship? What about Rick Rude or Ted DiBiase?

None of them have held a World Championship. And Jeff Hardy shouldn't be allowed to breath the same air as any of them, he isn't in their league, division or even planet on any scale.

Shelton Benjamin is a better athlete then those legends. Same as he's a better athlete than Meth Hardy.

World Championship mean something in wrestling, but not everything.
This just made me laugh. The 1980s were a completely different time. Back then, the Intercontinental Title actually meant something. Today, it's a prop for the most part.

The guys you listed are all legends in the business. You're trying to insinuate that Shelton Benjamin is going to go down as a legend? Are you fucking kidding me? I hope you're not serious and you're just trying to troll.

As for being a better athlete, well of course he's a better athlete. Did I ever once say he wasn't? No. Jeff Hardy is a spot monkey, but he's a spot monkey with a character that certain demographics love, who sells merch, who helps sell PPVs, and has won world titles during the brand extension era. Shelton has won a prop title a few times. Also, the fact that you're going to bring Hardy's drug use into this just shows how you're really, really grasping at straws here.

My oh my, this is a close one. Jeff Hardy's stock has most definitely fallen since coming to TNA. If this match had taken place at laast year's tournament, Jeff Hardy would lead by a much greater margin than 2 votes. Of course when you look at how far Jeff Hardy has fallen over the course of the past 18 months or so, I can't say that I'm completely surprised.

That being said, I still have to vote for Jeff hardy. At his worst, he's still far more interesting than Benjamin ever has been. Sure Benjamin is athletic and can do a lot of high jumps and looked damn impressive falling off of 20 foot ladders during the annual MITB match at WrestleMania. Sure, he scored big victories over names like Triple H, Chris Jericho & Rob Van Dam but what did it all mean at the end of the day? Not a damn thing.

Jeff Hardy maybe a bloated, drugged out shell of what he used to be, but what he used to be is still head and shoulders above an overrated never-was like Shelton Benjamin.

This just made me laugh. The 1980s were a completely different time. Back then, the Intercontinental Title actually meant something. Today, it's a prop for the most part.

The guys you listed are all legends in the business. You're trying to insinuate that Shelton Benjamin is going to go down as a legend? Are you fucking kidding me? I hope you're not serious and you're just trying to troll.

As for being a better athlete, well of course he's a better athlete. Did I ever once say he wasn't? No. Jeff Hardy is a spot monkey, but he's a spot monkey with a character that certain demographics love, who sells merch, who helps sell PPVs, and has won world titles during the brand extension era. Shelton has won a prop title a few times. Also, the fact that you're going to bring Hardy's drug use into this just shows how you're really, really grasping at straws here.

Well guess what, the line, "Where are benjamin's world championships?" Is a bit ******ed to be quite frank. Not everybody can win a World Championship. There are currently only three recognized in the United States. But winning a World Championship does not make a wrestler like you stupidly insinuated, like because Jeff Hardy won a couple he's instantaneously a superior wrestler than helton Benjamin.

Hence why I brought up the legends. They never held a World Championship, back when there was much more than three. And then, you claim I am grasping at straws when you bring up the fact that the Intercontinental Championship is a prop in the modern day of wrestling? In the modern day of wrestling, druggies are also the face of the number two company, the main one being Jeff Hardy.

And you think I'm grasping for straws in terms of that idiot? Really.

I've hated Jeff Hardy for the past 6 years, before he began to gain noteriaty for his drug habbits. I haven't liked that cunt since, and if I ever did like him it was when he had that match with Undertaker for the Undisputed Championship around '02. After that though I've always thought he was a dick.

The thing about this guy is, he's the one who is known as the "successful" Hardy. This guy does drugs, acts like a douchebag, can't even mind his own weight and is STILL the Hardy with the better singles career. It makes so little fucking sense. I mean, WWE gave the asshole the WWE Championship, after he bailed on the company years before, he bailed shortly after, they knew he was doing drugs and he had two wellness policy offenses.

And what did Matt Hardy do? He worked his ass off, and there isn't an idiot alive who can disagree with that, on Smackdown and all they gave him was the WWE United States Championship and a good feud with MVP.

Jeff Hardy didn't leave WWE due to the fact that he wanted money. He wasn't burnt out due to the travel regime and he wasn't unhappy about his characters direction...

The prick left the WWE because he wanted to do drugs, and we all know TNA doesn't give two shits about any wellness policy when they got fucking Brian Kendrick on their roster, and only a couple months before they had Sean Waltman.

I can't say he's the poorest wrestler, I'll give him the fact hes been entertaining down the years, jumping from whatever the fuck he can find. I hate him because he is a ******** outside the ring. And he had to rub off on Matt aswell, because of course Matt pulled the most unprofessional tactic to get released from a contract in the last decade, by making himself look like a psychopath.

And then for him to go on a tangent about CM Punk??! And say that he made CM Punk?! Punk is twice the wrestler Jeff Hardy is, and Punk carried his ass.

Nothing wrong with that, people pay money to see things done right, not to see a crackhead run around with a knock off of the WWE Divas Championship with a half crippled Hulk Hogan and a bunch of morons who thinks Jeff Hardy sells in tow.

So how's that for grasping at straws, "Mr. Truth"?

And then you compare all that with Shelton Benjamin, who busted his ass in WWE, and failed due to the fact that he can't talk that well on a microphone?! Like I said in a thread yesterday...

Go stand in-front of 20,000 people and cut a promo. Go fucking do it, come back and tell us how easy it is. After everyone watches you stutter like you got the shakes and piss your pants like a five year old.

On talent alone, not just wrestling, but in athletism, Jeff Hardy would...

...Much like I've done to you in this post, get owned by Shelton Benjamin. Shelton Benjamin isn't just an athlete, the guys ameteur record is 36-win and 6-losses.

Jeff Hardy needle count stands at 36 worn out and 6 left!

How's that for grasping at straws, asswipe?!

Blah blah blah, whiny irritated comments meant to make myself look like a fucking incessant cunt who has no viable way to contend reason so he resorts to echoing opinion as fact.

Thank god you posted that to illustrate exactly why people should vote for the better, more important, more accomplished wrestler in Jeff Hardy.

It really isn't my whole argument. Shelton has had standard matches against the likes of RVD, HBK, Undertaker, Triple H, Chris Jericho, Christian, Matt Hardy, Los Guerreros, Rey Mysterio, and Billy Kidman that rival the best singles matches. Those matches were fine professional wrestling matches peppered with athleticism which require a greater degree of skill than most of Jeff Hardy's standard spots. That's superior performance, which is the heart of my argument.

Well at least I finally got you to put up a somewhat half assed argument, but it still doesn't cut it. Hardy's put on just as many matches against even better, more respected opponents, and actually managed to come out on top. You know, with this thing called a Victory.

Shelton is an athletic wrestler, with pretty good in ring skills; but that's it, it ends there. Too bad pro wrestling has NEVER been about the actually athletic ability and it's only partially about the wrestling.

It's the old if this was just about the wrestling....Dean Malenko argument.

When his accomplishments as a real athlete are the basis for his entire mega-push to the top, I can't agree with that.

Point being, if you take away angles athletic ability he can still get over on the Mic. You take away Shelton's athletic ability and he's literally as useful as a beach towel, a soaking wet beach towel that's been left out in the rain.

That's silly argument.

Just wanted to quote this by itself.

It's like me saying "imagine if we took away Jeff Hardy's ability to jump off of tall stuff." It's meaningless hypothetical. Th reality? Shelton Benjamin is a better, more versatile performer than Jeff Hardy. That's not a hypothetical. That's fact.

Again, point being, your argument is 1 dimensional, we take away the one dimension of your argument, and you're left with nothing.

This whole tournament is Hypothetical, is it not?

But Shelton has entertained. He's had many matches that got the crowd going wild. To imply that he hasn't is ass-hatted. And he was so well-regarded for those matches that the WWE didn't completely give up on him until after seven years.

So they kept him around for 7 years based off nothing but athletic ability, and then the realization was finally made: Shelton Benjamin doesn't have what it takes to make it to the top.

You want to talk about crowd reaction, how many people where crying in the audience when Shelton retired, and I'm not talking about tears of Joy.

Foley entertained well in more companies than Jeff. It's not a proper argument.

It is though. It shows that being entertaining is more important that being able to jump high and balance on the top rope, and such.

Not responding. It still isn't all about him being an athlete. You can keep repeating it all you want, but it's about a better performance. Athletics are just a part of that. Get with the program.

Right, Athletics are part of that, but the bigger picture here is ENTERTAINMENT. Being able to entertain a crowd is what get's you to the top, not "athletic ability". Athletic Ability is what gets you a nice meaty contract in any REAL sport, not the case with Pro Wrestling.

When did I say someone needs to be a great athlete to entertain? I simply said that Jeff Hardy's act doesn't encompass the same degree of difficulty as Shelton's and that Shelton's act is more generalizable to a good performance elsewhere. That's the argument. It doesn't all rest of athletic ability.

By "Elsewhere" you mean, not at the highest level. Shelton can take his act to every highschool gym in the country and Hardy is still going to be putting more fans in the seats and money in the pockets of the organization he works for.

I'd say Hardy is the one with the better act, as he has the act people actually want to see, the act that people will pay to see. That's why Hardy is a current World Heavyweight Champion, and why Shelton will be stopping by your local high school gym for the early bird 5 o'clock show, better get there early before those 25 chairs fill up.

Vince McMahon makes stars. TNA, for the most part, leeches off the corpses of former stars. That's almost universally accepted fact, sir. Ask around.

Speaking of stars created by Vince, have you met Jeff Hardy?

You've been in some mighty big outhouses.

I grew up in Oklahoma.

They're different shows with different core audiences. I also didn't do anything not to put Lawler over. I was simply remarking how out of touch the WWE was with that crowd. Heck, maybe the reactions on Sunday were a sign that the core audience of the WWE is getting smarkier and that one day the Shelton marks will inherit the mainstream. Then we'll regard Shelton as being a guy who was ahead of his time. Either way, nothing I'm saying reflects poorly on Shelton and there's nothing two-faced about any of it. A smark crowd showed up to shit on a product that clearly isn't their cup of tea. It ruins the experience. But them showing up for an indy show isn't a bad thing when they're clearly the people the show is marketed towards.

Your wrong, though.

You, as a member of the IWC labeled them as a Smark Crowd. They where anything but.

That was a crowd who was into the WWE product, that was a crowd that cared. I live right outside the ghetto that is Oakland, I know for a fact these people cant afford to show up just so they can boo. Such a fucking uneducated joke that it really makes me chuckle.

All the sudden, WWE gets one of the hottest crowds it's had in a while, and it has to be labeled a smark crowd, and why? because they cheered louder than the rest, because they where into the programming, because they actually cared about the product and the show.

Fucking Christ, just put the blindfold on and stand in line with the rest of the IWC sheep.

Belts are handed out like candy in Jeff's era. It means nothing.

The same Era Shelton participated in, I guess child molesters didn't even want to give Shelton candy.

Your point means nothing, because they wrestled in the same era, it only proves the Hardy was better and more prominent that Shelton ever was.

No, you're right. The whims of Vince McMahon have nothing to do with which castoffs get the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. That's why AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and all sorts of other homegrown talent are regarded as credible threats to Hardy.

Thank you for pointing out that, Joe and Styles, who have also accomplished loads more than Benjamin, can't even hold a stick to Hardy. Are you trying to lower people opinion of Shelton here?

You're high.

Not yet, but I've literally got the bowl packed, and will be puffing away after I submit this post. Feel free to join me in the chiefing session, the doors always open.

To rattlesnake: Can you prove that pre-WWE could outperform Benjamin? I didn't think so.

Let's compare minor league careers before they made it to the top. HAHA, but no. Nice try on trying to trick him into taking the battle where it doesn't belong.

What they did prior to their time in the WWE is irrelevant, they where both in the largest wrestling company in the world during the same period of time, what they did prior is like arguing Michael Jordan as the best athlete because he won a 7th grade cyo tournament, fucking pathetic Coco.

Well guess what, the line, "Where are benjamin's world championships?" Is a bit ******ed to be quite frank. Not everybody can win a World Championship. There are currently only three recognized in the United States.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Only 3 recognized in the United States, guess fucking what, Jeff Hardy is one of those 3.

Are you being serious, your making the case for Jeff Hardy. There's a reason why only certain people make it to the top, because only certain people have what it takes, only certain people can draw money, only certain people can have the crowd eating out of their hand.

Jeff Hardy, 1 of 3 current Heavyweight Champions recognized in the United States, enough fucking said.

That the best you can come up with? Rearranging comments in the quote box.

That's pathetic beyond belief.

I tried to spare all the poor souls the chance of even glancing at that monstrous abortion of whining you tried to pass off as an actual argument.

Benjamin might be able to ride a motocross bike and get some pops from doing pop worthy moves, but he'll never garner the positive or negative reaction Hardy got (hell, even gets) in his wildest dreams.

Worst post ever!
Sorry for reducing your post to one sentence, but I think that's a proper summation.

I'm not even going to bother reading through your mindless dribble because it really shouldn't be repeated.

Basically, championships are a good indicator of what a wrestler has done in his career. Jeff Hardy won world titles during the same era that Shelton Benjamin won midcard titles before being released.

Ok I'll quote this part, since it's hilarious:
And what did Matt Hardy do? He worked his ass off, and there isn't an idiot alive who can disagree with that...
I'll just let that speak for itself in regards to your knowledge of wrestling.

So I think your argument is that Shelton is good but can't talk so he didn't gain success. Well then, why would people want to watch the guy in a major organization like the WWE? Oh wait, they don't. That's why he's back in the indys. Sure Jeff Hardy is a meth head, but that shouldn't be taken into account at all for this. You really can only look at what has happened in kayfabe terms. What Hardy has accomplished during the same timespan is far greater than anything Shelton has done.

So I already voted for Shelton. It may have been half in jest, I'm not sure. Anway, here's a post supporting Hardy, just for fun. Not voting for him because he does drugs isn't really a good reason. I mean, what proof is there that Shelton Benjamin hasn't done drugs? Not much. You know who else has had drug problems? Virtually everyone who has been involved with the pro wrestling business. And former President Bill Clinton. Let that sink in.

Also, in the past, Hardy has beaten Shelton a majority of the time, if that counts for anything. Just a thought.

On the other hand, look at this great picture.

03.jpg

Hardy doesn't have this good of a realationship with his mother.

Give me a fucking break.

Shelton couldn't even hold Kanes fucking Jock Strap.

Kane just finished of one of the longest, most entertaining WHC title runs in a long time. Going over Taker in three straight PPV Matches.

You mean Kane just finished one of the most terrible title runs with terrible matches and equal terrible promos in a long time. Kane hasn't been entertaining in a decade.

How many times Has Shelton gone over Taker? Yeah, that's what I thought. Kane has gone over everyone there is in the WWE and is a certified, believable Main Eventer. At worst Kane is upper mid card Jobber to the stars kind of role, something Benjamin had never been at his highest point.

Congratulations to Kane who took thirteen years to finally get over the Undertaker. All those times burying him and he coming back and beating Kane.

Kane's a main eventer like Jericho's a main eventer. Take that how you want to take it.

Do we really want to go over the list of wrestlers that have gone over Shelton before, I mean Really. Shelton has been lower mid card/jobber quite a few times in the WWE, with some absolute shit losses on his resume, yet you're going to sit here an compare him to Kane.

You really want to mention the words "Kane" and "shit losses" in the same paragraph. I think Kane's losing in a match to Rey Mysterio again somewhere right now.

Give me a fucking break. This is some of the most asinine logic I've ever read.

The notion of Hardy being a main eventer is laughable. His two month run at the top was the equivalent of Swagger's except they made the mistake of changing Swagger.

Ugh... the Shelton Benjamin love never seems to end.

Guys, face it... Benjamin was agile, fast, a great athlete, and very good in the ring. But he never got the job done. He did not have star power, charisma, and all other things that make a pro-wrestler a superstar.

I can understand if you guys judge your voting based on who would win in a match between these two, but this tournament should be voted on and judged by who is the BIGGER OVERALL SUPERSTAR. And I don't mean just popularity. This means that one man, as a total package, must be better than the other. Benjamin edges Hardy in the "wrestling" capacity but Hardy destroys Benjamin in every other possible way.

Voting for Benjamin is not necessarily "stupid" but it really doesn't touch the proper criteria. Look at the BIG picture and vote for Jeff Hardy.

You mean Kane just finished one of the most terrible title runs with terrible matches and equal terrible promos in a long time. Kane hasn't been entertaining in a decade.

There was nothing "terrible" about that title run, if it was so "terrible" than why did they leave the belt on him for so long?

Some of those promo's Kane cut at the beginning of his title run where absolutely Amazing, they where captivating and filled with true emotion. Kane has always been solid on the mic, he was even solid on the voicebox thing he used to use.

It's cool if you don't like Kane, but just because you say it was terrible, doesn't make it so.

Congratulations to Kane who took thirteen years to finally get over the Undertaker. All those times burying him and he coming back and beating Kane.

You could give Shelton Benjamin 10,000 years and he wouldn't be able to go over Kane.

Kane's a main eventer like Jericho's a main eventer. Take that how you want to take it.

Kane, Chris Jericho, Jeff Hardy, Shelton Benjamin

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong.

You really want to mention the words "Kane" and "shit losses" in the same paragraph. I think Kane's losing in a match to Rey Mysterio again somewhere right now.

Who's Shelton Benjamin losing to these days? Kane looked like a beast in the EC and got multiple eliminations, just last weekend. Shelton's act was so stale that he couldn't even cut it in the WWE anymore. I remember him jobbing out to everyone in the final days of ECW. As someone said before, he was such a wet rag that the WWE couldn't even trust him with the ECW championship in its dying days.

The notion of Hardy being a main eventer is laughable. His two month run at the top was the equivalent of Swagger's except they made the mistake of changing Swagger.

Except that Hardy had the title 3 times to Swaggers 1 run, on top of the fact Vince wanted him back so badly that he was offered more titles runs and loads of money, while on the other hand, Benjamin was cut, to save a couple penny's in the McMahon piggy bank.

There's really know comparing the two, just go back and look at those 4 bolded names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back