Houston Region, Boston Subregion: First Round: (9)Jeff Hardy vs. (24)Shelton Benjamin

Discussion in 'Houston Region' started by klunderbunker, Feb 22, 2011.

?

Who Wins This Match

1. Jeff Hardy

2. Shelton Benjamin

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Goliath Uterus

Goliath Uterus Getting Noticed By Management

Jeff Hardy: Funny looking guy who never impressed me while wrestling or cutting a promo, also from North Carolina..... Oh, and he also does drugs, so yea.

Shelton Benjamin: He's black (I love black people), has made me literally jump out of my seat because of the stuff he does in the ring, and has a great relationship with his mother. What more could you want?

Vote Shelton.

2. Little Jerry Lawler

Little Jerry Lawler Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids

Waiting for Edge to come back to Smackdown perhaps? I'm sure Kane was begging not to let Mysterio beat him again or else Rey would have won it.

I've seen more true emotion from Orton than I have from Kane.

I liked Kane in 2003 before the Shane fiasco. All went downhill from there though.

He would do it in one. Kane is about as beatable as anyone on the roster.

Chris Jericho's misadventures in beating HHH, perhaps?

Everyone looked like a beast in their chamber. Shelton was beating Dolph Ziggler and C.M. Punk in his last few months in the WWE. Shelton Benjamin did more for Kofi Kingston in ECW than anyone else has done for him in his entire career.

I've think I reached my Kane quota for the year.

LitasRevenge79 likes this.
  3. Smooth Sexual Chocolate

Smooth Sexual Chocolate Grapefruits of Wrath

I really don't think putting the title back on Rey was in anyone's plans. If it really was so terrible they would have done it anyways, it's not like Kane begging not to lose his title would make a difference if they wanted to have him lose.

That shot was uncalled for right there. Kane is one of the best characters in the biz, and has been for over a decade.

Shelton Benjamin would cream himself for such opportunities.

How would he do it in one? we somewhere at eight and counting on the Shelton Benjamin meter.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Sorry, I'd been holding it in.

Besides the fact that NOBODY was watching the final days of ECW I don't see how that's possible. Ziggler was nothing more than the backstage High I'm Dolph Ziggler promo, and C.M Punk was losing to Chavo, Did I miss anything?

4. Little Jerry Lawler

Little Jerry Lawler Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids

I think you're getting your years mixed up. Hope this doesn't become a trend. Ziggler was having great matches with Mysterio which a certain somebody couldn't do and Punk was winning titles from Jeff Hardy.

5. wrestlingfan

wrestlingfan Championship Contender

1. Jeff Hardy was a better draw sure Shelton is a betetr ring worker but Shelton has no charisma, no mic skills. They gave him chances and he blew it. Jeff on the other hand isn't no Rock on the mic but Jeff can get a crowd going, his promoing style was really focused on intensity and tenacity focusing on his Extreme gimmick than actual vocab ulary. His style of wrestling fit WWE and wasn't so bad. Maybe in aidfferent era or company he'd be allowed to do more things but that's jsut him.

6. Smooth Sexual Chocolate

Smooth Sexual Chocolate Grapefruits of Wrath

The win over Punk you're referring to was a MitB qualifying match, all the opponents in that match had wins over each other before WM to make it believable, and so it would seem like everyone was on a leveled playing field and so that "Anything could happen".

He lost almost all his matches in the final days of ECW, He got a PPV title latter match for the title and lost that, he lost to Yoshi Tatsu. That what he does, he loses, a lot.

7. FightOwensFight

FightOwensFight Formerly Global Conquest

Haven't seen the current standings on this one, so not being influenced (at least not by the voting). I gotta go with Benjamin in this. I think, in this case, I am basing it strictly off in-ring performance. It boils down to this for me. Other than gimmick matches (Ladder, Steel Cage, TLC) I honestly don't remember many (if any) singles matches Hardy was in that were that memorable. I have no doubt some of you could provide clips of some that were good, but none come to mind. With Benjamin there are a number of singles matches he had (already mentioned by posters ahead of me) that we great matches. I just think that without tall metal things to jump off, in a straight-up singles match, Shelton would go over Jeff pretty easily, strictly based of ability.

8. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Jeff's meth may have been stolen. And I think WZ's posters are smoking it up. Shelton Benjamin? The Meh wrestler of the decade? This guy could take a gun and shoot himself on Monday Night Raw and people would be indifferent. And pardon me, hasn't Jeff Hardy already scored numerous victories over Benjamin? Wait, better question. When has Benjamin ever beaten Hardy? Not even in a Jump Off A Ladder contest. Shelton may be the better technician. But then again, so is Doug Williams. He isn't the current TNA Champion. Jeff Hardy is. He's a 5 time World Champion. Shelton couldn't even get over in the mid-card.

It took eon's for Shelton to amass any kind of charisma. Then he tells you to "bring a lunch". He's only good for one match a year. And he always ends the same way. Lying dead on a ladder. His run as U.S. Champ was so forgettable, he wasn't booked on all of the Smackdown episodes when he was champ and would vanish for weeks.

Jeff on the other hand, just has to stick his hand out of the curtain to get a pop. His pantyhoses fly of the shelves faster than Shelton's hair dye. Somehow, someway, he's had more memorable matches. Even as the lousy heel he is today, he's better as a heel than "The Gold Standard". Funny enough the one belt he held wasn't colored in gold.

The only chance Shelton Benjamin has of beating Jeff Hardy is if he brings his Momma. So go call her:

Though I'm not so sure it's enough.

9. Tech N9ne

Tech N9ne All 6's and 7's

This is pretty easy. As much as I HATE Jeff Hardy right now and as much as I think Shelton Benjamin is as athletic as anyone that has ever wrestled for any federation. Jeff Hardy wins this.

In a match right now, Jeff Hardy wins this.

In a match 2 years ago, 4 years ago, 5 years ago or 8 years ago, Jeff Hardy wins this.

Jeff Hardy still wins this match 10 years from now. I think Benjamin is a great in ring technician. But Jeff Hardy proves to be better in the ring, at least in casual fan's eyes, because he is considered more exciting.

Jeff Hardy has basically been branded horrid at best on the mic. If Jeff Hardy was among the worst, if not THE worst, there would be one guy still worse verbally then him, and it's Shelton Benjamin.

Even if the mic work and in ring game came out to make it a close match, Jeff Hardy does dominate Shelton in the charisma area. As I said before, Jeff might not be the best on the mic, but he has always connected with fans without saying much. He has always had charisma and could bring the fans in.

I think Jeff Hardy is probably overrated in a lot of ways at this point in his career. But I think his ability to tell a story during a match is probably an underrated skill, that he actually possesses. Plus, he has won right around the same amount of Mid-Card and Tag Team Titles as Shelton has. But, Jeff is a Multi-Time World Champion in a few times over and in different companies.

So anyway, I don't like him much, but I'll give Jeff Hardy my vote in this match.

Sully likes this.
  10. Sparky

Sparky Master of the Aussie kiss

I loathe Jeff Hardy but There is no contest here. He has been a world champion in two different Companies, Multi tag team champions and has actually been a main eventer. Compared to Shelton. A guy that (the ECW championship don't really count) hasn't held a main title, and has never actually been a serious Main eventer.
    Hardy wasn't only over with half the fans of the WWE, He did have some memorable matches where as Shelton will be remembered as "that one guy that could jump really really well"
    Jeff would win this in a two minute squash match between His Meth hits.

11. Alex

Alex King Of The Wasteland

Ok here's a better question for some people.

Who would you rather have a victory over, Jeff Hardy or Shelton Benjamen?

Somehow I believe saying you have a victory over Jeff Hardy would be more impressive than having a victory over Shelton Benjamen.

12. Alastor

Alastor Championship Contender

It would depends on what criteria is being considered. If you are a larger wrestler, winning against Jeff Hardy is only to be expected because he is billed as a throw caution to the wind wrestler throughout his career and will not be able to beat anyone without luck. Shelton Benjamin is a better athlete and winning against him will feel more like an accomplishment because luck is less of a factor.

Fighting Jeff would be bullying your little brother. Everybody would root for him but would not be surprised if you are victorious. It is a lose-lose situation. Shelton Benjamin is more of a tossed up because he offers more of a physical threat. Show a picture of both to a neutral and ask beating which one is more impressive and most of the time Benjamin will come out tops.

13. El Rev sXe

El Rev sXe If you have ghosts...

Fuck I have been avoiding this one but I think it's time to make a decision. I fucking hate Jeff Hardy, I despise him. Oce I used to like him, but since his last run with WWE I couldn't believe he was arrested for drugs posession.

Onto Benajamin, I liked the guy, a great technician but whate elses? I can't ignore the fact that Bejamin IS a midcarder, while Jeff is a multiple time former champion.

Jeff while he may be a piece of shit as a person (from what I know) he is a big wrestling figure. At some point he could've been even bigger than Cena imo. Now, it doesn't matter I think this will be the only time in this tournament that I will vote for a Hardy.

LitasRevenge79 likes this.
  14. hatehabsforever

hatehabsforever Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Another poll which closed before I was able to cast my vote. Had I been on here in a more timely fashion, I would have given the nod to Jeff Hardy, although I don't see him lasting too long beyond the first round.

In the battle of the botch, featuring two guys who appear to be allergic to microphones, I would give the edge to Jeff Hardy. Granted he's a prototypical "spot monkey," but at least he has a gimmick which seems to appeal to the fans. As opposed to Shelton Benjamin, another spot monkey except he botches more moves than he performs correctly. And he has the charisma of lemon jello. Provided he can stay out of jail, Hardy goes on, for at least one round anyway.