• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN claims that he's healthy enough for a run as champion.

The Boss

'The Boss' Of Pro Wrestling
I, along with the fans in attendance were overjoyed at HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN'S answer to a fan's question regarding whether or not he has one match left in him. After flexing his world famous pythons (and showing that he is indeed in phenomenal condition) HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN made his usual claim of, "never say never" but, then went on to ensure his fans that he is ready for a match at any time. He said whether it be a retirement match, the beginning of a run, or taking World Champi.onship he insists that he has not yet wrestled his last match. Watch here.

Also notable are the "yes" chance being screemed by the fans showing that not only are they fully behind the HULKSTER'S return, but also that the claims that Daniel Bryan is more over because of this chant might be true. But that's another debate for another thread.

Oh for crying out loud. Okay Hogan is ready to go, but has he and his world famous pythons been medically cleared to wrestle? I'm thinking that the WWE wouldn't let Hogan anywhere near a ring to fight. Especially after the Warrior episode last year.

Hogan will just have to be satisfied that he can come down, cut a promo and then walk away.

This is the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

Unless they are going to make a senior citizens championship and bring back a bunch of old-timers for matches (which might actually be better than half of RAW most weeks currently) then Hogan is insane and this would be bad TV

Okay. You've made a believer out of me, Boss. Surely HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN can get physical with a guy like Brock Lesnar and not get hurt. HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN says he can do it, than obviously the man knows his limitations and would not lace up his boots unless he was still in pristine shape at 60 or so. Obviously this isn't just hype talk meant to interest more people in the WWE Universe machine.

Nice to see the fans rally behind HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN. They'd never steer HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN down all in the name of nostalgia, surely. Thank you for sticking up for him all this time, brother. You made a Hulkster out of me.

Please just stop beating that horse it's been dead a long LONG time. We get it already, you're a massive hulkamaniac that's great. But there is no way the WWE are giving him a title run or any sort of serious win over a world champion. It would be absolutely embarrassing.

And if it does happen I'll hold my hands up, admit that I was wrong and then eat a hat on camera.

Nostalgia is a deceptive dangerous thing.

I would have no problem with hulk hogan coming back to work one more match provided he have the right opponent, someone that could work with him without hurting him.

In a perfect world I would like to see bray wyatt defeat hogan at mania with sister abagail. I think that would be a huge moment for wyatt.

Hulk Hogan lives for publicity. That's all this is. Hogan is never going to announce "My body is wrecked brother, I can barely walk let alone wrestle dude. My pythons are still pumped but my back is held together with metal bolts, brother." He's a 60+ year old man, who is isn't going to be getting the WWE title again. Just accept it.

MAYBE, WWE will let him "wrestle" again, in a 6 man tag match that he can struggle through without taking any bumps, but no way will he compete in a singles match again, and certainly not a title match. To be honest, I'd be shocked if Hulk would even pass a medical for WWE, and after what happened to Warrior and Lawler, I highly doubt they'd let Hogan compete if they had even a slight doubt of his physical capabilities.

I'd like to believe the Hulkster. I really would, but actions speak louder than words.

Rusev is out there every week talking trash about America, and where's Hogan? Wearing a pink t-shirt and dancing around with a bunch of old ladies. Sorry, that's not The Real American, Hulk Hogan. That's Richard Simmons.

And there's also the issue of John Cena running around in his new gear making Hulk's iconic colors look bad. Hollywood Hulk Hogan would've torn that shit off of Cena's back (probably with the help of about a dozen guys, but still) and replaced it a coat of black spray paint. Not so with today's Hulk Hogan. He called Cena "[his] champion." Ugh. He did more damage to his reputation with that comment than when he said that the young man his son turned into a vegetable had it coming.

Plus let's not forget when Bork called him "grandpa" to his face. Instead of decking Lesnar right then and there, Hogan just took it and then later posted some "hey bork u better watch it brotherdudejack" b.s. on Twitter. Guess those pythons are better suited for typing these days.

Hogan's in-ring days are done, and not because of his health. I mean how healthy do you need to be to no-sell, point, and throw three punches? No, Hogan's wrestling days are over because he's turned into a pussy.

I don't think it would be great for him to wrestle a match, considering his age and all. But if he still has the energy flowing inside him and the medical checks are successful, then he could be used in some physical altercations. Imagine if the Wyatt family held John Cena hostage and Bray Wyatt hit the Sister Abigail on Hulk Hogan!!!! I actually thought there would be a 3-on-2 handicap- match with The Wyatt family against John Cena and Hulk Hogan, but it was just teased.

I maybe could see some kind of final match, but a run? No. Considering the health issues he's had I don't see his mind or body being able to withstand any kind of a sustained run (as has already been mentioned above). I don't think he has the mental or physical capacity anymore for a run or even an extended match of 20-30+ minutes. Cardio and all his current health problems would be too big of an obstacle to overcome.

And I claim that I slept with Trish Stratus... doesn't mean it happened.

First off, Hulk Hogan (or HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN) is NOT in phenomenal shape just because he sits around sticking needles into his ass all day. The guy has had multiple back and knee surgeries and CAN BARELY WALK!!! Don't you see that? You seriously believe Hogan can have a run as WWEWHC?! Seriously? Hogan should be seen as the equivalent of a delusional toddler at this point with the shit he says, which is very sad if you think about it.

(Probably) the greatest of all time has now been reduced to begging for one more match and it's pathetic to watch. So far he has gone after Austin, Cena, Lesnar, The Rock, Sting, HHH, etc. and it's panting him in a terrible light.

For frigs sakes, I LIKE Hogan, he was one of my favorites but it's time for him to get the heck over himself. Why does he ALWAYS need one more match? Just take your paycheck and be happy. :banghead:

Imagine if the Wyatt family held John Cena hostage and Bray Wyatt hit the Sister Abigail on Hulk Hogan!!!!

If Hogan even attempted to take Sister Abigail (PHRASING) I'd be amazed if the metal bolts holding him together didn't explode. His last 'proper' match with Sting in TNA was embarrassing, Sting could have gotten a better match out of ASIMO. Or hell, just bring Robocop back again.

...WHY DID I REMIND MYSELF OF THAT?

This is surely a joke?! He's had his day (a looooong time ago) and should leave it at that. For him to get in the ring with Brock Lesnar would be ridiculous and could cause the ol' fella some serious damage....and a title run?! oh dear lord....

Hulk also said recently that the biggest regret of his career was using the legdrop as his finisher and said that he should have gone for something like the sleeper as it would have saved him a lot of pain right now.

I think Hogan was just playing up to the crowd there and isn't that serious about it. He's there to pop up the audience so saying 'nah I doubt it' to the fan asking if he has one more match left in him wouldn't exactly be great

I maybe could see some kind of final match, but a run? No. Considering the health issues he's had I don't see his mind or body being able to withstand any kind of a sustained run (as has already been mentioned above). I don't think he has the mental or physical capacity anymore for a run or even an extended match of 20-30+ minutes. Cardio and all his current health problems would be too big of an obstacle to overcome.

You don't think Hogan has the Cardio for a 20-30 minute match now ?? have you ever watched ANY of his matches since he was in the AWA, he couldn't wrestle 20 plus min matches back in the 80s!!!! Other than some of his matches vs Flair & Savage, when did Hogan EVER FACE an opponent that called for him to complete over 15 minutes of ring action ?

That said the man is one step away from being crippled. There is no way with his back and knees that he should be in a ring actually wrestling. Im sure they can find a use for him but Hogan is just like Austin & Flair now, he's too old & beat up and realistically he cant compete in the ring. Hogan does love publicity and keeping himself relevant however, plus there are rumors he is bad financial shape (which would be a shame because he made a ton more money that any of his contemporaries) so he may be angling for a big pay day.

Doesn't matter, he cant go at his age. WWE was lucky that Lawler didn't die in the ring (and he was in much better shape than Hogan) and Flair was truly an anomaly, able to wrestle as well as he did and bump as hard as he did well into late 50s (and was in much better shape than Hogan too, not nearly as many serious back, kneck, and knee injuries).

If he didn't have the back & knee issues, he is over 60 years old. It isn't going to happen.

Is this thread for real? I mean, isn't this the usual Hogan 'one more match' shtick that happens every year, or every 6 months?

Hogan's the best self-promoter you'll ever see. On top of that, we don't need another 'run' from Hogan. Hogan is in no shape to jog, leave alone a wrestling match. Please let it be and don't jump on every instance Hogan says, "Sure, I have one more match and become champion one more time and retire one more time." Just hope he doesn't end up being a complete cripple if he steps inside a ring. Of course, WWE will not allow it.

I see only two benefits of Hogan having another PROPER match
1.No stupid network plugs
2.Threads like this would be done forever

Unfortunately, Hogan will end up nearly dead and in a wheelchair for the rest of his life but if he's going to be stupid enough to go ahead with it he's probably asking for it.

Hogan really wants to die in the ring, doesn't he?

Jesus, I mean...

You had a legendary run, Hulk. You reinvented yourself like nobody before ever had in WCW. You even had a good nostalgia run back in the '00s. Some of the TNA stuff was tolerable.

But just let it go.

I would have no problem with hulk hogan coming back to work one more match provided he have the right opponent, someone that could work with him without hurting him.

Pee Wee Herman, maybe.

I just read on another wrestling site that Hogan is getting ready to wrestle the main event at WM31, for cryin' out loud. As ridiculous as that sounds, one has to marvel at Hogan's continuing propensity for publicizing himself, often (very often) at the expense of everyone else in the organization.

Then again, the biggest show of the year captures the biggest gate and PPV buyrate, which is often reflective of folks who aren't wrestling fans participating in the event. Many of those fair-weather fans might very well be interested in seeing the icon of the 80's headlining a show in 2014.

However, WWE has to live with us constant fans the rest of the year....and I can just imagine the comments on this forum if we're treated to a build-up to WM31 that features the immortal Hulk Hogan in the main event.

Ugh.

Please just stop beating that horse it's been dead a long LONG time. We get it already, you're a massive hulkamaniac that's great.
This isn't about me nor my being a HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN fan. I'm not the one who asked the question, nor am I one of the several fans who were chanting, "YES! YES! YES!" (at least not in the video) in support of HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN wrestling again. Not to mention that WZ and every other wrestling site is just as quick to jump on any news of a potential return to the ring by HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN.

What I thought was interesting about the story is that after months of saying he wants one more match he is now saying that he is healthy enough to handle a full run as champion. That's great news considering in what bad shape he was just a short time ago. That doesn't mean he's necessarily going to get that run as champion, but it's still great to know that he's come such a long way and that he now feels he can do it. And if he feels that good maybe it's more likely he will at least get that one more big match.

But there is no way the WWE are giving him a title run or any sort of serious win over a world champion. It would be absolutely embarrassing.
How could it be anymore embarrasing than peewee "Heavyweight" champions that aren't even heavyweights (especially when the puny champion gets injured) or a champion who never shows up for months at a time? And of course when your undercard consists of men in bunny suits and your "guests" are the Muppets and Grumpy Cat... the thought of HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN as champion is seriously refreshing.

And if it does happen I'll hold my hands up, admit that I was wrong and then eat a hat on camera.

Nostalgia is a deceptive dangerous thing.
But it is also fun, entertaining, & a major draw.

Not to mention that WZ and every other wrestling site is just as quick to jump on any news of a potential return to the ring by HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN.

They do that because it garners a crazy amount of hits due to people like you.

What I thought was interesting about the story or is that after months of saying he wants one more match he is now saying that he is healthy enough to handle a full run as champion. That's great news considering in what bad shape he was just a short time ago. That doesn't mean he's necessarily going to get that run as champion, but it's still great to know that he's come such a long way and that he now feels he can do it. And if he feels that good maybe it's more likely he will at least get that one more big match.

As previously stated by others Hogan says he's ready to go, not the WWE, once they give him the all clear to compete we'll talk. He also loves the attention he gets from making stupid statements like this, because he's constantly trying to find any way to stay relevant and is clearly delusional.

How could it be anymore embarrasing than peewee "Heavyweight" champions that aren't even heavyweights. (especially when the puny champion gets injured) or at champions who never shows up for months at a time?

You mean these pee wee's that can actually go and put on an entertaining match? And you think that Hogan winning the belt from Lesnar wouldn't be an even further slap in the face? Great so we have a Part-time champion losing to an OAP...fantastic.

No it isn't, it's pure fantasy. The only reason it might be a draw is due to the fact fans would be intrigued to see whether he implodes and joins Obi-Wan the second Brock clotheslined him, or whether Brock could german suplex him in half.

This isn't about me nor my being a HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN fan. I'm not the one who asked the question, nor am I one of the several fans who were chanting, "YES! YES! YES!" (at least not in the video) in support of HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN wrestling again. Not to mention that WZ and every other wrestling site is just as quick to jump on any news of a potential return to the ring by HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN.

There is no potential return to the ring, none. The only person that thinks Hogan can still go, is well Hogan. You can't just walk into a WWE event and get in the ring and a have a match, you have to be cleared and he will not, I repeat will not be cleared. The man is over 60 and is being held together by bolts. What idiot fan would even ask him that question to begin with.

What I thought was interesting about the story is that after months of saying he wants one more match he is now saying that he is healthy enough to handle a full run as champion. That's great news considering in what bad shape he was just a short time ago. That doesn't mean he's necessarily going to get that run as champion, but it's still great to know that he's come such a long way and that he now feels he can do it. And if he feels that good maybe it's more likely he will at least get that one more big match.

It doesn't matter what he wants, he can't wrestle anymore. And I'm pretty sure he's going senile. And everytime he starts up with this shit I lose a little bit of respect for him. Hogan is well past his sell by date and knows it, he just won't admit it. And if he thinks he better than most of the roster now, then he is senile. Poor old bastard.

How could it be anymore embarrasing than peewee "Heavyweight" champions that aren't even heavyweights (especially when the puny champion gets injured) or a champion who never shows up for months at a time? And of course when your undercard consists of men in bunny suits and your "guests" are the Muppets and Grumpy Cat... the thought of HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN as champion is seriously refreshing.

I"m assuming that you mean Daniel Bryan, who is one hell of a wrestler and would have given Hogan a run for his money. So he got injured, he's the only one to ever get injured. Please don't be ridiculous. And there is one guy, one guy on the roster wearing a bunny suit, not multiples as your post would suggest.

Even barring all that, Hogan is an old man now, and should not be anywhere near a wrestling ring. If you're a fan of Hogan's, a true fan, you would see that, and not want your main guy embarrassed, or most likely something worse.

One F-5 on Hogan and he'll need a hip replacement.

His time has come and gone. Not everyone can have a storybook farewell ending like Michaels and Flair.

I have to disagree with about everyone here I think it would be great to see one more Hulk Hogan match, Somewhere like Wrestlemania where he can have the retirement match scenario that he deserves which could even be a loss and passing the torch onto one of the younger guys, It obviously won't be a 5 star match 1 hour classic match of the night or anything but I do think he could still be capable of having a passable short match and do believe there would be a huge audience wanting to see the very last match of arguably the most famous wrestler in history. If you dislike so much its only one match go have a bathroom break or something whilst its on and stick to your Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins matches or whoever.

Pahahahahahaha Title run?

Pahahahahahahaha really?

In all seriousness who really wants to see a barely mobile old man have a match. He looks like he is one back bump away from never walking again. Hogan should never have another match! To be fair I doubt that realistically he will be able to unless he somehow cheats the physical!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back