• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hogan says he wanted Sting in WWF after Wrestlemania III so he could turn heel.

I thought his substance abuse problems were well known within wrestling. He has a lot of parallels with Shawn Michaels. A lot of wrestlers had those issues, didn't stop some of them, depending on the severity of it.
From the way it sounds, it wasn't a long-term thing with Sting, but rather a period of just a couple of years. And when you're trying to decide on putting the entire company behind a guy, you'd like to know if he's reliable.

I had never heard any of that before.

Kind of provides a different perspective about Starrcade, doesn't it?

Kind of provides a different perspective about Starrcade, doesn't it?

For me it doesn't. They should have just gave the fans what they wanted, which was for Sting to beat Hogan's ass and everyone who interfered on Hogan's behalf and then go over clean. Even if it was for only one night or until the next pay-per-view... that's all the fans wanted for THAT show and match, and that's what the story built towards. They ruined the whole thing with the route they did end up taking.

I assume you're referring to 1997, where Sting was the biggest superstar in the business, despite not wrestling a single match?

...come to think of it, wasn't 1997 EXACTLY what Hogan said in this interview he wanted to do?

I was more referring to Sting becoming a mid-carder when Hogan arrived, and not going over clean at Starrcade '97. I'm making a general observation here, and it's accurate - Hogan didn't want to put Sting over clean, not even as a heel. History contradicts what Hogan's saying here.

For me it doesn't. They should have just gave the fans what they wanted, which was for Sting to beat Hogan's ass and everyone who interfered on Hogan's behalf and then go over clean. Even if it was for only one night or until the next pay-per-view... that's all the fans wanted for THAT show and match, and that's what the story built towards. They ruined the whole thing with the route they did end up taking.

Amen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back