• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So apparently Sting & Lesner were made an offer this year for Wrestlemania

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
Source

- The Daily Star in the UK talked to TNA Champion Sting and UFC star Brock Lesnar about turning down offers from WWE to appear at WrestleMania 27. Here are their quotes:

Sting:
“I wouldn’t say it was utter nonsense, that’s not true! It’s a dream match that fans would want to see. It was close. I’m glad things turned out the way they did. There are so many variables. Let’s just say that I turned it down for the same reasons I always have. Some- thing in me never trusted what would happen up there, based entirely on the track record with other WCW guys and everything that went on after Vince bought WCW. I wont be watching but I’ll be asking what happened between Undertaker and Triple H."

Lesnar:
"They were smart enough to know that I am deeply involved in UFC, what I am doing now. Wrestling doesn’t affect my life so much. I’m a fighter. The WWE will go on, and it will always be there, but I am in the UFC for as far as I can see. If ever there was an opportunity in the future to be on Wrestlemania, then I guess I have to say: ‘Never say never.’"

So all these folks saying that he was never offered anything from WWE... were wrong. We could have had Sting vs Taker this year :(

Poor Undertaker... he went from plan A. to Plan B... to now Plan C. (Triple H) .. I knew there was a reason for Brock and Taker. then Sting and Taker for the promo teasing... but everything fell through :(

.. I am still waiting for an APRIL FOOLS..

Wow so since I posted this I notice its been posted in at least 2 other area's.. I wonder if its true. If so then Kudos to Sting for taking his principles over money. That said I would have loved to see him at Mania.. then again for him to appear at Mania only to lose to Taker wouldn't have been too good for him either I guess.

THE SOURCE IS THE DAILY STAR

I mean come on!

British red top tabloid, not a great read at all really.

I dont doubt the source Lee. We can all be pretty sure it happened and the timing makes sense.

So this newspaper managed to get an interview with both Sting and Lesnar and nobody else managed to?

This newspaper is the lowest of low tabloids (not the sport is out of business) with most of the paper being scantily clad women and telling us how Muslims want to rename the UK to the United Muslim Nation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back