[Official] Sting Campaign Headquarters

Monkey_Mania

I Am The One Who Knocks
The Man They Call Sting

43.jpg

"When a man's heart is full of deceit it burns up, dies, and a dark shadow falls over his soul. From the ashes of a once great man has risen a curse, a wrong that must be righted. We look to the skies for a vindicator, someone to strike fear into the black heart of the same man who created him. The battle between good and evil has begun. Against an army of shadows comes the Dark Warrior, the purveyor of good, with a voice of silence, and a mission of justice. This is Sting!"

415084655a7724538217l.jpg

Through the years, we have all had our favorite wrestlers. Everyone has them. Whether it be Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels. Sting was my favorite. I remember watching WCW in 1990. Sting was the first person I saw wrestle. He captivated me like no other. With him jumping all over the place splashing people. To involving the crowd with a simple OWWW, and beating his chest. He was the Hulk Hogan AND Ultimate Warrior of WCW. Let me show you a list of his accomplishments.

[SIZE=-1]UWF (Universal Wrestling Federation) Tag Team titles w/Eddie Gilbert defeating The Fantastics (July 20, 1986)

UWF (Universal Wrestling Federation) Tag Team titles w/Eddie Gilbert defeating The Fantastics (August 31, 1986)

UWF (Universal Wrestling Federation) Tag Team titles w/Rick Steiner defeating Terry Taylor & Chris Adams (April 12, 1987);

NWA Crockett Cup Tag Team Tournament w/Lex Luger (April 22-23, 1988);

NWA World Television title defeating Mike Rotunda (March 31, 1989)

NWA World Heavyweight title defeating Ric Flair (July 7, 1990)

NWA United States title defeating Steve Austin in a Tournament (August 25, 1991)

WCW BattleBowl Battle Royal Winner (December 29, 1991)

WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Lex Luger (Febuary 29, 1992);

WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Big Van Vader (March 11, 1993);

WCW United States title defeating Meng in a Tournament Final (June 18, 1995)

WCW World Tag Team titles w/Lex Luger defeating Harlem Heat (January 22, 1996);

WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Hulk Hogan (December 28, 1997 at Starrcade);

WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Hulk Hogan (Febuary 22, 1998 at Superbrawl);

WCW World Tag Team titles w/The Giant defeating Kevin Nash & Scott Hall (May 17, 1998);

WCW World Tag Team titles Sting chose Kevin Nash as his partner after beating The Giant (June 15, 1998);

WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Diamond Dallas Page (April 26, 1999);

WCW World Heavyweight title defeating Hollywood Hogan (September 12, 1999);

NWA (Total Nonstop Action) World Heavyweight title defeating Jeff Jarrett (October 22, 2006--Bound For Glory);

TNA World Tag Team titles w/Kurt Angle [won a 4-WAY to earn 1/2 of the championship] (August 30, 2007);

TNA (Total Nonstop Action) World Heavyweight title defeating Kurt Angle (October 14, 2007--Bound For Glory);

TNA (Total Nonstop Action) World Heavyweight title defeating Samoa Joe (October 12, 2008--Bound For Glory);
[/SIZE]
By that list right there. He is an 10 time World Champion. Ranging from the NWA to WCW, back to the NWA, and then TNA. With numerous tag and mid card titles to his credit as well. This list right here shows that Sting is one of the all time greats.

Not only does he have championships to put on his resume, but he also has a wealth of fantastic matches as well. I will show you some.

[youtube]ghiJgHV0j3Y[/youtube]
[youtube]Puy5UimlMdQ[/youtube]
[youtube]i2hQRwtQX2Y[/youtube]
[youtube]Mxpi8jVYkHM[/youtube]
[youtube]D8a0t3fClCI[/youtube]

This match made Sting a star. It proved to everyone in the world that Sting was getting ready to be one of the all time greats. He wrestles 45 minutes, and it came out to a time limit draw. This match put Sting on the map, and propelled him into super stardom. *Note* If the videos do not work. You can click on the player and it will direct you to the page so you can.

[youtube]BLyRdrSWeMg[/youtube]

An early Sting and Vader match. If you ask me. These guys had great chemistry. For Vader being a big man, and Sting being a muscular dude, but significantly smaller, this match was off the charts. It was fast paced and had some great psychology. *Note* If the video does not work. You can click on the player and it will direct you to the page so you can.

Now before I direct you to the next match. I will show you this clip. I wont show you the clip of Hogan turning on WCW and forming the NWO. Everyone has seen that. This is an entirely different clip. This clip is from when everyone was starting to doubt Sting, was he with WCW? Was he with the NWO. I believe this is one of his best promos ever, and it set the record straight. Again if the video does not work. Always click the box and it will take you so you can view it.

[youtube]AlTYzbf-HWM[/youtube]

This promo leads me to my next match. The build up was insane. Sting was no longer the surfer guy with a bad haircut. He was now a bonafide badass. He was looking to extract some revenge on Hulk Hogan in the worst way possible. Although some people will debate whether or not this match shouldve ended any other way. I will say that it went perfectly.

[youtube]19Z39rVeY50[/youtube]
[youtube]4vXegLzlQIE[/youtube]

This next match is one that I really like, but really hate. Sting won the title in this match. But lost it an hour later to make DDP look like a dastardly heel. But watch the psychology and the mat work. It's top notch in this one.

[youtube]RRjAsdlwPU4[/youtube]
[youtube]mD1B4yMhmRI[/youtube]
[youtube]8sBfjcDQYUM[/youtube]

Another promo. This one from the last Nitro. This gets me incredibly pumped, because Sting just was on it in this short promo. He says it best at the end of this promo. If there is one thing for sure about Sting...NOTHINGS FOR SURE!

[youtube]jgiW4WHsVJ8[/youtube]

Then of course that promo is going to lead me to the next match. Sting Vs. Ric Flair. Final Nitro. The match itself was not that good. But the emotion in it was at an all time high. You had to be a WCW fan to appreciate this match.

[youtube]FsleJ4iGgN4[/youtube]

Finally we take you to TNA. This match with Kurt Angle was a dream match for many. It had a fucked up ending. But for a small shot it looked like the Stinger still had it. He defeated Kurt Angle for the TNA title. Sure he lost it a week later on Impact. But it showed Sting still had something left in his tank.

[youtube]AK57LHefRGQ[/youtube]

So Friends, Romans, WZ Forum Members, lend me your eyes and your votes. For when the WZ tournament gets started. Us Sting fans need to come together. If you havent seen much of Sting I hope I have swayed your opinion on him. I will also come back here frequently and post more promos and matches of Sting. To get peoples awareness up, and show everyone the true greatness of the Man, The Myth, The Legend. The Man They Call Sting!

Let me not forget that he is also the ONLY big name superstar to never work for Vince McMahon. Had he went over to the WWE. He could have been quite possibly the biggest superstar ever. That may be pushing it, but if he was as over as he was in WCW. Then only the sky is the limit if he would have had the WWE Marketing system behind him. It must be pretty awesome for Vince to want you so bad, and you can simply tell him no. It is a shame though that he never went over. A damn shame.

If he would have been in WWF at some point, and definitely if he would have won the WWF Title...I see no reason why he wouldn't go down as the greatest of all-time, particularly in terms of being an all-around guy. Let's face it...no one with his credentials is classier than the Stinger, and that goes a long way in the sport, regardless of what Hogan, Flair, Gagne, Michaels, or Hart might have accomplished.

The match with DDP on Nitro (which Monkey stole from my Best 2 - Sting post) is likely my favorite WCW match of all time. If you liked No Way Out last night...you'll love that one daddio.

Wow, great post. Sting is one of the guys I'm backing 100% in this tournament, I'd love to see him win. Great selection of matches, the one on Nitro with DDP still remains one of my favourite matches of all-time.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d42Fi-Eqff4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d42Fi-Eqff4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BD87M2oS4ks&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BD87M2oS4ks&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This match was back in 1989 and fought over for Sting's TV title. The build-up for this match was great; Sting was THE man to beat in the NWA, while Muta had been undefeated since arriving to the NWA. This match shows just how well Sting could adapt to different styles with ease, previously feuding with Flair, Anderson and the Road Warriors. Another thing which adds to this match is the clear heel-face dynamic, Sting playing the heroic babyface who is mega over, whereas Muta is the cocky, clever heel. The match is so back and forth, displaying various styles of wrestling throughout; this marked Stings first great feud in the business, yet only one of a thousand great matches.

I'm definately on board the Stinger's band wagon for likely much of this Tournament. I was always a fan of Sting, but came in late. I really took a liking to his darker character, likely because of personal reasons and reflections on my own life as a teenager. :lmao:

In the end, Ricky mentioned Sting not winning the W.W.E. Championship, but the fact is time isn't over yet. If, or should I say, when, Sting decides to jump ship and swim to the big cruise that is the W.W.E., I would easily venture to say he'll win their Championship. I'd even venture to say if the timing is right, he'll do it at WrestleMania, to truly complete his career. That would be an amazing sight to see.

In my negative aspect of Sting's career, I'm getting majorly fed up with this T.N.A. run he's having. I think they're trying too hard to connect every persona he's had, and roll it into one. I can't stand that. They need to just let Sting run with what he's made a living out of.. and that's being a great performer, overall.

[youtube]Rn0K5pen9LY[/youtube]
[youtube]kOmtQG-zk0Q[/youtube]

Another one of Stings matches that gets overlooked. This guy really was an awesome performer. He took someone you may have heard of when he was a nobody, and made him look on par with Sting in this match. The guys name is Stunning Steve Austin. Sting really makes a lower midcarder appear on level with him. He was that good.

[youtube]gl18RPCCbHQ[/youtube]

A segment. One where Sting is forced to vacate the world title. Also the first time Sting had spoken in almost two years. Before this he did not have to use his words. He captivated the audience with his eyes. His eyes told a story more than his words ever could during that time. But tonight he was fed up. He finally uttered a few words. As simple as they may have been. They got his point across. He was PISSED. A great segment. It also showed a different evolution in the Sting character.

A man of few words, but could still get over with the fans. This is a man you guys should vote for.

Absolutely great post here Monkey, well done. I'm quite ignorant to exactly what Sting can do, as I'm strictly a WWE girl, and as has been pointed out, Sting has never been there. Therefore my knowledge of him is limited to videos on the internet, where you can never really get a true sense of someones character and abilities. But I think to me that makes him more special - I already like his work just from those videos, so him as an actual wrestler, week in and week out should definately be good. He'll have my backing in the earlier rounds, his major competition will be the likes of HBK, Bret Hart and The Undertaker.

I loved watching Sting when I was a young'un.

He was one of say 3 wrestler on WCW that I waited to see. Couldn't care about the other crap that they had. (I was young remember).

He'll have some of my backing, depending on who he is up against.

A true dark horse in this. He was the WCW Hogan but with far better wrestling ability. He had two incredibly different gimmicks that both worked amazingly. He drew money, he wrestled solidly, he could talk. What more do you want? Another person I'll get behind.

Sting is by far my favorite wrestler of all time. In fact, if he won this tournament the past two years, I would still vote for him over ANYONE this year. So to say he has my support in this thing is an understatement.

Great, great posts in this thread btw, Monkey.

My grey area of wrestling is WCW, I never really watched it and it's only recently that I've looked back on it. Monkey, I thank you for this thread and the videos you have posted, I shall watch through them all tomorrow and look forward to learning more about who the true Sting is (not TNA Sting :p)

Oh yes. Some more Sting love. Also more footage for those that never seen this so I can sway their opinions on him.

[youtube]ZVBDUZArpSY[/youtube]

So it finally happened. Sting went to the nWo. But the fans were not pissed. Seeing as this was the nWo that everyone loved. The Wolfpac. It was quite the shock to all fans. Sting joining the nWo? Who woulda thunk it. It was quite the swerve here though. Also. A small man picks up the Big Show? Sting has incredibly freakish strength for a man his size.

[youtube]_W9JF8YXuss[/youtube]
[youtube]KZN5D1i-16c[/youtube]

Sure, this was during Sting's ill fated heel turn. But who cares. This match with Bret Hart rocked the rafters that night. Both men put on an amazing show for the fans. In losing the match, Sting was still made to look good. Sting also made Bret look like a million bucks, especially since Hart had already been in a match prior to this as well. Good work here from Sting and one of my favorite Sting matches.

[youtube]eQ5rp_yRjGM[/youtube]
[youtube]D-ixUUUoel4[/youtube]

There is only two men in my recollection to ever REALLY give Goldberg a run for his money. DDP and of course Sting. Sure this match happened after Kevin Nash beat Goldberg in cheap fashion. But Sting gave Goldberg a hell of a ride in this match. Damn shame this match had a crappy ending. But it was a fantastic display by both men. Another classic Sting match, and also one of Goldbergs best. All thanks to...you guessed it. Sting!

[youtube]3n8h2gv7jgc[/youtube]

Now tell me one thing. Didn't Sting look fucking COOL as all HELL with the red and black face paint. Of course he did. This is his first promo where he did more than utter a few words. Why he joined the Wolfpac, and what was on the horizon. Damn fine segment here, and one of my favorite Sting moments as well. Also loved this because Sting was having a hell of a fun time. Listen to the fans. It's really incredible that he can get that reaction.

Don't forget if i havent mentioned this already. When the WZ tourny starts up. Throw your vote towards Sting, as he is too good to not get your vote.

Vote Sting!

I remember a better match between Sting and Goldberg was the one they had against each other on Nitro the night the Four Horsemen reunited. It was the main event, and Sting was in the Black and Red character at the time. It had a shitty ending, but fuck was I marking out the entire time. I wanted Sting to win so badly. Ever since he beat Raven for the US Championship, I had this hatred for Goldberg that would just not go away, And there was nothing more I wanted at the time then to see my favorite wrestler end his fucking streak.

But yeah, it speaks of Sting's talent to actually get good matches out of Goldberg. DDP, Jericho and Raven were able to get one good match out of him, but Sting got a couple. Not even HHH and Brock Lesnar could get one, so that shows how much talent Sting had in that ring. Dude could work with ANYONE and get an enjoyable match out of it. It didn&#8217;t matter if it was a powerhouse wrestler who was green like Goldberg or Luger, or a giant like Big Show or Vader, or a vicious motherfucking beast like Meng, or a high flying, stiff Japanese wrestler like The Great Muta. Sting could go out there and have a tremendous night vs. anyone the business, any given night. ANYONE, ANYTIME. And that is a fact that could never be disputed, because there are no examples of Sting working with someone and not giving the fans their money&#8217;s worth.

I still remember watching WCW when I was like 8 or 9 years old, and falling in love with the man in the black and white face paint. I don't know what it was, because I would go crazy for the cruiserweights, but Sting always kept me captivated. He didn't do the crazy spots like the little guys, but he was never boring like the big guys. Sting could wrestle a wet pillow case and I would be glued to the TV. This is why Sting will have my vote in the tournament.

Sting was my favorite WCW wrestler, which isn't saying that much overall. However, when he was going after Hogan, it was must see tv. The promos, the music, the look, everything was just perfect and he played it better tahn anyone could. The problem is people could remember him as he is now, which is awful.

Thing is though. People won't have to think about what Sting is now. Especially with all the wealth of good old videos in this thread as it is. I will be back tonight. Posting more videos. Hopefuly the young'ins will realize that Sting is an awesome performer. That will stand the test of time.

Shocky's Take: A personal favorite of mine. Sting is without question the greatest wrestler to never wrestle for McMahon Jr. Sting is one of the few people that have a great legacy, despite never having the WWE Exposure. There are enough fans of Sting to make him go far in this tournament. Sting could very well make it to the final 16 easily, if not the Final 8. the possibility exist of a final four, but I can't see much after that.

More love for Sting. I'm really hoping he can win this, he seems to have enough supporters behind him.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/x20NMq-KMIo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x20NMq-KMIo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K8_FXMAx8rg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K8_FXMAx8rg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

This was a non-title falls count anywhere match (ignore the title of the video, it's a mistake) back at Beach Blast in '92. Very fast paced with both men taking some big bumps. Mick Foley has since stated that he considers this his favourite non-WWE match of all-time.

This next match won't let me embed the video, so you'll have to click the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCwa-5kU2iw

This was Vader/Sting from SuperBrawl III in a Strap Match. This match was miles ahead of its time in terms of how brutal it is. I remember seeing this match as a child, and I couldn't believe the relentless assault on Sting, leaving me stunned. This match is a true testament to just how strong Sting is. HE WALKS AROUND FOUR CORNERS OF THE RING WITH VADER ON HIS BACK. A truly classic match.

Who would have thought you'd see a Regal match here? Well, this match was great. This was from the Great American Bash 1996, and as you can imagine, this is one hell of a technical display. The match can drag a little if technical wrestling isn't something which interests you, but this shows Sting could wrestle a different style if need be.

So there you have it, three more great matches. Sting can win this thing. He has the credentials, he's a ten time world champion, and has won countless other titles. He can wrestle the style of a high-flyer, a brawler, technical, hardcore and has the power game sorted. What's stopping him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back