• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hogan Comments

DaNewGuy

Occasional Pre-Show
Inspired By Steiner's rants.

I always though Hogan's public comments about TNA, and TNA wrestlers were works. Like Hogan's comment that Roode 'wasn't ready' at BFG - surely thats in keeping with the fact that he's the heel leder of Immortal (at the time) opposing Roode. Looking further into it, maybe it rallies 'smarter' fans around Roode, to prove Hogan wrong. He is after all view as a stupid, ignorant old-man, out of touch with modern wrestling by a good chunk of 'smart' fans. (However true that is)

So, thoughts on this? Is Hogan just working 'smart' fans?

You know what they say, everything in wrestling is a work. But really it doesn't matter at this point. Roode is the champ now, and regardless of if it was a work or being sincere, Hogan was already proven wrong.

Never discount Hogan's intelligence. He knows exactly what he's doing everytime he does it. As soon as I heard he had made comments about Bobby Roode, I knew immediately it was a work. When I heard everyone else's reactions, it made me reconsider my stance.

Hogan's downfall is not his comments, its his backstage politicking. He desperately craves power and control. He will do anything and backstab anyone to get it. But as far as his comments are concerned, he knows what he's doing.

Hogan's downfall is not his comments, its his backstage politicking. He desperately craves power and control. He will do anything and backstab anyone to get it.

But isn't that just an image we have of Hogan - a character. If people beleive thats who he is and what he does why not play off it. Maybe he was like than in WCW/WWF/WWE, maybe he reformed, maybe the image of him has been inflated by stories that are told about him. Whatever the case, its the perception of Hogan that matters to fans, not necessarily the reality.

At the end of the day, it's all nonsense to be honest...as big of a Hogan fan as I am, I find it hard to believe most of what he says, i.e. playing bass for Metallica. The whole thing with Bobby Roode I feel was kayfabe. I'm still not a fan of his comments per se, but I've learned to accept that it's part of what he does these days.

Really, giving either of them the time of day at this point is just a waste of said time.

Scott Steiner obviously has quite a few axes to grind with TNA/Hogan/Bischoff, but the guy couldn't be doing in a more unprofessional, or immature manner. His Twitter rants are redundant, sometimes barely comprehensible. If he legitimately has these kind of issues with Hogan, and I'm not above the idea that it's a work by TNA trying to mimic what WWE is doing with Ambrose/Foley, or Hunico/Epico/Rosa, he never even gave a hint of it before, and Scott Steiner isn't exactly one to hold back on his opinion.

He can say he hated his time in WCW, and TNA all he wants, he can try and bash them in attempt to get attention from WWE, if that's his goal, but the bottom line is, they were paying him, and he was with both promotions for a good period of time.

As for Hogan, when was the last time an article or news bite concerning him wasn't laughable. The single most well known wrestler in the history of the business has been reduced to refuted claims of near membership in Metallica, possible love triangles with other male wrestlers, and the very public knowledge that his wife is raking him across the coles in divorce court.

Neither one of these guys has any credibility, or is really worth the effort put in to their Twitter feud. It's a perfect example of why social media can really be pro wrestlings worst enemy at times.

Sometimes I think Hogan just says these things to get people to talk. Who knows if he means what he says or not, but it sure gets the fans talking. Roode won the title anyway shortly after the comments were made so if he did mean them he must not have as much power as we thought. At the end of the day I would say most of it is just a work or stuff just to stir the fans up.

But isn't that just an image we have of Hogan - a character. If people beleive thats who he is and what he does why not play off it. Maybe he was like than in WCW/WWF/WWE, maybe he reformed, maybe the image of him has been inflated by stories that are told about him. Whatever the case, its the perception of Hogan that matters to fans, not necessarily the reality.

I'll grant you that the perception of Hogan, especially within the IWC, is predominantly negative. And Hogan is smart enough to know what some people want (he knew that people would tune into the Bound for Glory PPV against him and Sting because they thought it was going to be a train wreck, but a buy is a buy).

However, wrestler after wrestler has mentioned how manipulative and power-hungry Hogan was when he was in WCW and WWF. It's hard to deny when so many people from a diverse range, from Mark Madden to Bret Hart, all have the exact same things to say about him.

I really don't know what to think of this whole Twitter War.
All I can say is that its stupid.
Hogan just needs to let Scott rant. Scott is burying himself.

To hell with Steiner and comments. The man is not helping the product. Hogan needs let this roll off his back and tend to his business at hand.

To Steiner and anyone agrees with him: GET HELP!!!!!!

AT the end of the day it doesn't make sense if he truly believed Roode wasn't ready. If he can stop him from getting the belt at BFG he could have stopped it on Impact back in November.

Plus he went public with what he told creative. He said that because they didn't build up any heels for Roode to go against that this great baby face run would have been for nothing. Regardless of if you like Hogan or not he was right.

Scott Steiner is saying what everyone is thinking, smart fan or not. I liked TNA or at least I did before they screwed up the Monty Brown push, took 3 years to push MCMG, let homicide go, put rikishi and jim neidhart over Jay Lethal, the countless Kevin Nash come backs, pushing Dustin Rhodes, countless non sensical Abyss storylines, Never pushing Chris Daniels, the legends title, but one person that was worst than all of that is Bubba the love sponge, what the fuck!? Ok that aside Hogan and Bischoff rollln their smug asses into TNA and start pushing the WOLFPAC?.. Nasty Boys?.. Orlando Jordan?.. Val Venis?... brings back Ric Flair.. which by the way include ric flair in all this shit talking. He has pissed all over his legacy and done nothing to help TNA. You can make the argument that TNA has always made terrible decisions and in some ways I can agree with you bringing in RUSSO.. not once... but twice! Turning all their world champions Heel after winning the belt... why? is the title cursed?? But pushing bischoffs son is ******ed, I agree with Steiner, ever since the 'BIGGEST NAME IN WRESTLING' descended down onto TNA, the ratings have in.... oh wait a minute. NOBODY CARES, because instead of parting a great wisdom, putting over homegrown TNA stars, they shit on the product and treat it like a soap opera played to seniors. I am old to remember hulkimania, I am also old enough to want others to be given a chance to shine. So if I need help for being a fan of wrestling, then help me lord, help me!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back