Here Comes the Pain: The Official Brock Lesnar Appreciation Fan Club

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
Founder: Shock Lesnar
Expert in MMA Affairs: Uncle Sam

Members:
JenovasWitness
Ellisman7

Its about time that this man beast received the proper fan club treatment here on Wrestlezone. But Brock lesnar, was oh so much more then just a professional wrestler. He was a fine amateur wrestler, and now a bonified, albeit still green, MMA fighter.

brock1jpg.gif

Lesnar attended Webster High School in Webster, South Dakota where he had a wrestling record of 33-0-0 in his senior year.[15] Lesnar later attended the University of Minnesota on a full wrestling scholarship for his junior and senior years of college; his roommate was fellow professional wrestler Shelton Benjamin who also served as Lesnar's assistant coach.[16] Lesnar won the 2000 NCAA wrestling championship as a heavyweight after placing second in 1999. Prior to joining the Minnesota Golden Gophers, Lesnar also wrestled at Bismarck State College in Bismarck, North Dakota.[3] Lesnar finished his amateur career as a two-time NJCAA All-American, 1998 NJCAA Heavyweight Champion, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Conference Champion, and the 2000 NCAA heavyweight champion with a record of 106-5 overall in four years of college.

That folks, is pretty damn impressive. In 5 years time, he went 139-5 as an amateur wrestler, no matter how you slice it, the man was fucking awesome.

Heyman_Brock_title__574640a.jpg

Brock quickly found success in professional wrestling. As he went to the WWE, he managed to win the King of the Ring, win the Royal Rumble, win the WWE Championship, and main event Wrestlemania, all in his rookie year. Brock would go onto become a 3 Time WWE Champion, and be involved in arguably the biggest match of the night on the biggest Wrestlemania of them all against Goldberg.

Brock Lesnar held the WWE title (in two years) more then 350 days, good enough for 12th most all time (at the time of his retirement, 10th). That is what you call dominance.

BrockLesnar-Japan.jpeg

After his departure from the WWE and his "failure" to make the Minnesota Vikings (by failure, not playing football since his junior year in High School, and then being one of the last men cut in Training Camp, type of failure), Brock went to Japan, where he simply dominated everyone there as well. In his first Match in Japan, Brock Lesnar would go onto win the countries biggest title, the IWGP title. He would hold that title for 9 months before being stripped of the title. Brock Lesnar would later lose the title to Kurt Angle a year later. Again, dominance.

brock-lesnar-heavyweight-champion.jpg

Brock Lesnar would later move onto the growing sport of MMA. Brock Lesnar is currently 3-1 in his MMA career, already capturing the UFC Heavyweight championship in his 3rd bout with the company.

Simply put, Brock Lesnar is dominant, every where he goes. He dominated amateur wrestling, he dominated professional wrestling in both the USA and Japan, and he is showing signs of being able to do the same in the UFC.

Be apart of the Next Big Things of Fan Clubs, Here Comes the Pain!

Shock Lesnar,
President

Sign me up for this club.

The match that cemented Brock Lesnar as a TRUE freak of nature to me was his Survivor Series match against the Big Show. Lesnar didn't just F5 Show, but he also pulled off a HUGE overhead belly-to-belly suplex. Yes, Goldberg did use the Jackhammer back in WCW but I believe Paul Wight was at his most crisco at the point of his career when he met Brock. The overhead belly-to-belly takes a legitmate amount of strength and technique to pull off on a normal sized opponent but Brock made it look effortless while throwing a 500 pounder. That's just...sick.

I honestly wish he had stuck around as there are not too many stars in the WWE anymore who, whether they are playing heel or face, command your attention the way that Brock did. Even when people were booing him for beating Zach Gowen, you could still hear those gasps from the fans when he would do something freakishly strong or violent in the ring. No one quite captures the imagination the way Brock Lesnar did.

The build up for Brock vs. Big Show was amazing. Brock had been destroying everyone, but they kept teasing the, What if Brock could F5 the Big Show angle? The greatest thing is, the smarks in the Garden that booed Lesnar out at Wrestlemania 20 were licking this guys balls after what he did witht he Big Show just a year and a half earlier at Survivor Series. Quite possibly the most exciting 6 minute match ever.

I'm sorry to say that I actually kind of want to watch Mir beat Lesnar after watching him demolish Nogueria (or however you spell his name). I do, however, think Lesnar will beat Mir. He'll be more patient this time round, and will be more careful not to let himself get caught.

But yeah, Lesnar is one of my favourite all-time wrestlers. I'm comfortable in the knowledge that Lesnar was knocked out of the tournament not because of his weaknesses, but because of the baffling support for Edge in the face of even the most conclusive arguments.

Sign me up before you go go.

I used to watch a ton of it on HDNet before Time Warner ripped it from me and broke my fucking heart. As far as his match with Frank Mir, do you think if Lesnar wins, its furthers what people thought about him losing the first match? (as in, the blow to the back of the head call was BS)

The blow to the back of the head was certainly accidental and only happened because Lesnar was swinging wild in the heat of the moment. Mir was never in any danger. Well, any additional danger. I don't know the specific UFC rules, but I don't think they should have stood them up. I've seen blatant groin kicks completely ignored.

All the same, it's the win that matters, and Mir's game plan worked a treat. Unfortunately for him, Brock is fucking huge, and I can only see a more patient and cautious smothering in his future.

Oh, he'll win. I'm so confident that I'd put the princely sum of £10 on it. A shame, too, because I consider Mir the more legitimate champion. Brock has indeed got his belt. When Brock beats Mir, that's when it's his belt.

I watch with non wrestling fans who call wrestlers down. So it was fun watching this "pussy" eat Randy.

Mir is certainly the Man right now, as he does have a belt, and a win over Lesnar. If Lesnar can win though, he certainly becomes more dangerous. I know people knock him for just being a strength guy, but it sounds like the same people that bitched about Shaq because he was too big.

Oh, he'll win. I'm so confident that I'd put the princely sum of £10 on it. A shame, too, because I consider Mir the more legitimate champion. Brock has indeed got his belt. When Brock beats Mir, that's when it's his belt.

Where takes MMA bets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back