• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Here Comes The Pain - Brock Lesnar Returns Spam Zone Version

The shot of Lesnar's face popping up on the tron for his video and Cena just looking to the side was priceless. Absolute money last night. Amazing Raw and a tremendous conclusion.

I'll be honest, I was 80% sure the Lesnar reports were bollocks. I'll be honest again, I like Brock Lesnar. I'll be honest a third time, I'm glad to see him back.

not doing too much for me right now. It may get interesting but the entire deal of works more than Taker but less than Goldberg for dates work make me just think that this is an attempt at a quick fix and not building long term

According to multiple sources, WWE has signed a one year deal with Brock Lesnar that will see the former UFC and WWE champion work for the company through Wrestlemania 29 in New Jersey.

Sources speaking to PWInsider.com state that Lesnar has signed for a minimum two appearances a month over the next year, plus an additional number of appearances during the build to the Mania PPV and obviously, Mania 29 itself.

The belief is that Lesnar will make in the area of 30-35 appearances over the next year, although WWE would have the ability to negotiate additional appearances with him above and beyond that - if Lesnar is willing to make them.

For those of you who are wondering how The Rock plays into this, well, he certainly needs someone to challenge for the WWE title one day....

In a strange coincidence, ten years ago, Lesnar made his WWE main roster debut on Raw with Paul Heyman....the day after Wrestlemania.

http://pwinsider.com/article/67317/details-on-wwes-deal-with-brock-lesnar.html?p=1

I have to say I was less than thrilled by it, however, I know for a fact part of the reason is just that it was spoiled for me already. It also felt lesser too because the crowd was spoiling it as well. I mean, they were chanting "we want Lesnar" while Cena was out there.

The thing that makes me curious about the brief return is will Cena start becoming a punching bag for the WWE Universe? He just lost to the Rock, and now he's leveled by Lesnar... This loss to the Rock really floored Cena, from a kayfabe standpoint, and now he's possibly going into a program with Brock Lesnar? Nostalgia alone means Cena will not dominate this program like he would with most others (besides the Rock of course). Seems like the WWE is giving the 50% or more that boo him something they'd like to see, even though he's still the face of the company.

I wish it wasn't spoiled though. Just didn't seem as big to me for that reason. Can really only blame myself for that, but it still doesn't change the lack of surprise for me. Also didn't help that the crowd was chanting "we want Lesnar" before he even came out. Still decent though. Let's see where this goes. The Raw as whole was very good though. Especially that crowd.

Would kind of make you think that Cena might reach his breaking point and say enough of this, it's time for a change, time to shake things up a little. Who knows where this could lead.....

I want to know what his role is going to be before I side with him against Cena or not, but when he came out, I marked the fuck out. I have always had a soft spot for the guy.

not doing too much for me right now. It may get interesting but the entire deal of works more than Taker but less than Goldberg for dates work make me just think that this is an attempt at a quick fix and not building long term

Building long-term has been their strategy for years now. In some areas it has worked, in others it has failed. Prior to Rock returning, they were just as popular with viewers as they were 2-4 years before that. They have a decent roster, but outside of Cena, Orton and Punk, none of the guys have really caught on. Those are the only true superstars they have (not counting guys who have been there more than ten years, obviously) created as of late, and some could even argue Orton and Punk are about as low on the #2 guy pole (guys like Warrior, Savage, Bret Hart, HBK, Diesel, The Rock, etc) as we have ever seen. Great wrestlers, but they're not MEGA stars, at least not yet.

I understand bringing in part-time guys with drawing power. Hopefully they can build guys in the process, but Rock and Brock are still young, and if they can perform (we now know Rock can), I have no problem with it. They're better than 99% of the roster, and the best always rises to the top. Good for them, and good for me as a viewer.

Brock Lesnar has signed a 1 year contract with WWE according to PWInsider.com.

Lesnar is signed to make a minimum of two appearances per month over the next year according to reports. It is expected by WWE that Lesnar will make 30-35 appearances over the next year with an increase of seeing Lesnar when WrestleMania gets closer.

There is room in this new contract for negotiation to add more dates and the proper compensation to Lesnar's schedule.

Sweet.

John Cena will be jobbing for at least the next year, their going to bury him so far down that it looks as if he'll never return from it, then BOOM, he'll beat Lesar, Austin, Rock, Punk Orton, Batista and every other main event star in one night, ah la la Jericho beating Rock and Austin in the same night to become the Undisputed Champion.

WM30 John Cena vs the World.

I.... cannot... stop... watching... this...

The EXPLOSION of the crowd just sends goosebumps down my spine and chills throughout my body. Moments like this, when live crowds completely and utterly mark the fuck out, are reasons why I watch professional wrestling. I crave moments like that and wish there were more ways WWE could give them to us.

Also, I'd like to thank Michael Cole for showing almost zero emotion during Brock's return. Way to knock that one out of the park, Cole.

When something big like this happens, from now on, they need to introduce Jim Ross, sit him down at the table, and move forward. Eventually we'll catch on when big things happen immediately after his arrival, but nothing could be worse than Cole and his total lack of enthusiasm.

It sucks the crowd started chanting his name, and Cena's facial expressions kind of gave it all away.

As for having JR come out and slobber over the announcers table, no thanks, keep him off of TV, and away from a mic.

Also, I'd like to thank Michael Cole for showing almost zero emotion during Brock's return. Way to knock that one out of the park, Cole.

When something big like this happens, from now on, they need to introduce Jim Ross, sit him down at the table, and move forward. Eventually we'll catch on when big things happen immediately after his arrival, but nothing could be worse than Cole and his total lack of enthusiasm.

While I agree 100%, Brock's return was MUCH bigger than Cole's reaction. So, I won't dwell on it for too long. Sure, a bigger reaction from Cole may have hyped up viewers a bit more but, in all honesty, I didn't need Cole to start screaming like JR for me to jump out of my fucking seat and start chest-pounding last night when that music theme hit the speakers.

It sucks the crowd started chanting his name, and Cena's facial expressions kind of gave it all away.

Actually, I thought Cena did a fantastic job of blowing off the fans when they started chanting. He almost made me believe that, even though it would eventually happen, it wasn't going to happen that night. I really thought the Rock would come out.

But seriously, what the fuck else could he have done better to hide it??

As for having JR come out and slobber over the announcers table, no thanks, keep him off of TV, and away from a mic.

Wow... you really ARE an idiot.

I read something like this on another site and it makes me think about a few things. Paraphrased:

"It really says a lot about Cena that they have to bring out The Rock and a legit superstar fighter to make him break a sweat. That's how far and away he is above the rest of the current roster."

And that's true. Lesnar is one of those guys that fans talk about in awe. He was a once in a generation talent and he managed to rise to the top of a legitimate sport. THAT is what they had to bring back to give Cena a real challenge.

Think about that for a bit.

This is understandable... given who is saying it. Coming from you, this makes sense. It's wrong, so it makes perfect sense.

While I agree 100%, Brock's return was MUCH bigger than Cole's reaction. So, I won't dwell on it for too long. Sure, a bigger reaction from Cole may have hyped up viewers a bit more but, in all honesty, I didn't need Cole to start screaming like JR for me to jump out of my fucking seat and start chest-pounding last night when that music theme hit the speakers.

I like my television programming to be of the highest possible quality. Cole didn't provide that.

Actually, I thought Cena did a fantastic job of blowing off the fans when they started chanting. He almost made me believe that, even though it would eventually happen, it wasn't going to happen that night. I really thought the Rock would come out.

But seriously, what the fuck else could he have done better to hide it??

Wow... you really ARE an idiot.

It was a mix on Cena's face, he smiled but tried to hide it, and covered his ass by saying I'd rather have the Rock come down.

As for JR, nope still not an idiot, he's just past his prime as an announcer and many of you would be well suited to stop dwelling in the past. He should have helped Triple H, Taker and HBK walk up the ramp and joined in on the embrace to help signify the "End of an Era."

JR was the voice of the Attitude Era, we haven't been in that Era for a long time, and he's well past his expiration date.

As for JR, nope still not an idiot, he's just past his prime as an announcer and many of you would be well suited to stop dwelling in the past. He should have helped Triple H, Taker and HBK walk up the ramp and joined in on the embrace to help signify the "End of an Era."

JR was the voice of the Attitude Era, we haven't been in that Era for a long time, and he's well past his expiration date.

Yeah, he's so past his prime that HHH hand-picked him to call his last match.

:disappointed:

When it comes to returns/moments like that, the best thing that a commentator can do is to keep quiet and just let the pictures say everything. This was something that JR was always good at.

Anyway, everyone should watch individual members of the crowd in that video. Watch them basically jump all over each other and the looks on their faces.

When was the last time something in the WWE got THAT kind of reaction when someone stepped out of the curtain?

I fucking love pro-wrestling.

Would Brock's return have been even bigger if Heyman had been with him? I'm not up to date on what Heyman's doing these days, nor am I saying I wanted or think he should have been with Brock, I'm just curious what people think. Awesome moment to cap off a great episode and a nice wee birthday treat too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back