• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hell in a Cell LD Will RKO Your Grandmother and Cut Your Hand Off on 10/3/10

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
That's right, ladies and gents! Get it while Satan keeps his structure hot! Tonight, WWE's annual trip into the Devil's Playground (shockingly) coincides with those hot feuds that justify such a savage gimmick to settle the score!

World Heavyweight Championship
Kane vs. Undertaker w/Paul Bearer

OOOOOHHH YEEEESSSS!! After going through a rough patch following his shocking return from a vegetative state at SummerSlam, the WWE's Phenom has finally gotten his groove back. It only took some help from the urn and a long lost manager who will be locked outside the cell tonight. Riveting television or gay spooky? Watch the WWE (hopefully) put the final stamp on that argument in the long awaited cell match between these two brothers of destruction!

John Cena vs. Wade Barrett
Cena Swaps Armbands or Nexus Dis(Arm)bands

It's crunch time, ladies and gents. The winds of change will either be stopped tonight or blow through the face of the WWE. Can the WWE's greatest hero defeat Wade Barrett in what's arguably the most important match in both men's careers? Will Wade Barrett prove that he's a true individual threat? Find out... TONIGHT!

WWE Championship
Randy Orton vs. Sheamus

You know the routine, people. Pure WWE style with pale skin and seizures. They might use the cell as well. Tie your grandmother down for this one, kids.

PLUS:
-Other matches!
-The vocal stylings of Mr. Jerome Lawler!
-Awesome video packages!
-Sports entertainment drama!

Don't you miss it!

Also, if you're a guest and wish to discuss tonight's show, make sure you register!!!

I'm really looking forward to the hyperbole some people are gonna lay down when Barrett loses. If you thought the overreaction at SummerSlam was something, just wait for tonight.

I'm the resedent Barrett mark and even I don't think he should win this one. He's facing John fucking Cena. Barrett's great and all but he isn't close to being on the level of Cena.

He can get a rub of sorts (kicking out of an AA or something) but he should not and will not win this one.

No you won't. I hate people who say that. For fuck's sake it hasn't been relavent since ONS2.

He's not going to kick out of an AA (I really wish Michael Cole would stop being lazy and call it the Attitude Adjustment).

1) Barrett's not Triple H.

2) The AA isn't the Angle Slam. Not everybody gets to kick out.

The only way I see Barrett winning is if Black Cena interferes, since Nexus is barred from ringside. We haven't heard or seen him since he had that run in awhile back. Barrett will offer him a place back for helping or some shit.

The only thing worth watching on this piece of shit is the Triple Threat match, which hopefully gets a good 20 minutes.

Other than that though... Cena vs. Barrett could end up being an instant classic, or a major clusterfuck, while Orton vs. Sheamus and Kane vs. 'Taker will undoubtedly be a couple of snooze fests. And that's the whole show... I mean, I really don't understand how anyone would ever pay $50 for this. More power to you though if you do.

I believe Sheamus kicked out of the AA (Road Traffic Assistance Required?) at Money in the Bank. I put Barrett down as my pick in the Predictions Contest, but that's only because of the Bragging Rights poster.

Barrett vs. Cena will likely end up closer to a classic than a clusterfuck but not go the distance. Still, JMT knows the score.

He's not going to kick out of an AA (I really wish Michael Cole would stop being lazy and call it the Attitude Adjustment).

Probably not, but I can dream can't I?

And even if Cole says it right, I don't have to type it right. I'll be damned if I type Attitude Adjustment every time I walk about Cena's finisher.

1) Barrett's not Triple H.

Your grasp of the obvious is uncanny Coco. You are right of course that Barrett isn't close to being (kayfabe) tough enough to kick out, but if this is the match that is designed to perminently fix Barrett into the main event (which logically it is). Kicking out of the AA would be one way to do that without having Cena lose.

2) The AA isn't the Angle Slam. Not everybody gets to kick out.

True, but Barrett kicking out would have a purpose. We both agree that Barrett should not win the match. However, we can also agree that Barrett needs one big event to fix him into the main event. Kicking out of the AA could work as that big event.

I've said from week 1 that Nexus is a vehicle for Barrett to ride to the main event scene. This is the end of Nexus, and for it to have served its purpose Barrett needs a rub here. No way should he win, but kicking out of the AA would be the next best thing.

Most excited for the Nexus-defining match. If Nexus is over - good, it went stale and I want to see Gabriel and Barrett on singles paths. If Cena joins - good, very fresh and interesting routes to go. It's not even very predictable to me. Win-win.

Taker will probably win, with Bearer involved.

As well as Randy, who's victory is very obvious.

I hope Natalya can pull it off, but not very likely.

Bryan has to retain, especially with the submission stipulaton. It will definately be a good match, could steal the show. If Miz or Morrison even had a submission move.

I might sig this.

Anyhow, I agree with everything you're saying here. That said, I don't think it'll go down like that.

The kicking out of an AA was an example of what they could do. There are a million and one ways that the match could turn out that was simply the one that sprung to mind.

With everyone being so butt hurt over the recent PPV buys, it will be interesting see the buy rate for the essentially the third PPV in a row in which Barrett vs Cena was the main point.. And not much else has the amount of hype as those two.

Personally, I think it will be a great match. Both guys are GREAT brawlers and know when to hit an impactful move. And we know the crowd will be all over the match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-rBXxdMSGY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPujTRC4Fxc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUGDSi-vfqk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unJkL5-xru0

There are some clips of them working a house show together.

I agree with AJ in that Barrett should kick out of the AA. Barrett has yet to get hit with the AA on Raw, to my knowledge. That is the great thing about WWE booking, you know when a big moment happens. Barrett doesn't need to win simply because Cena is one of the few guys who can make someone look like a million bucks by defeating him. One kick out will do that for Barrett.

Either way, we all know a bunch of people who didn't watch will be complaining about the result. At Summerslam, Nexus was "buried" even though Barrett got greedy and his inexperienced showed. And pretty much every time the Nexus guys didn't come out on top in a segment.

I have a strong feeling that if people actually watched instead of reading about wrestling, they would enjoy it more.

I won't be here. But HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOMO too bad you willl be the one who taps in the match so the Miz doesn't look weak two months in a row.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back